Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Bible Study: Fulfilling My Purpose In Christ. Women Perspective Ranti Fawehinmi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Study: Fulfilling My Purpose In Christ. Women Perspective Ranti Fawehinmi (4096 Views)

Fulfilling Your Role In A Struggling Marriage As A Christian Spouse / What's My Purpose In Life? / He Loved You Enough To Be Late .sermon By Ranti Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bible Study: Fulfilling My Purpose In Christ. Women Perspective Ranti Fawehinmi by VORA: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2012
[
BIBLE STUDY

Topic. : fulfilling My Purpose In Christ: the women perspective
Text Reading : John 6:38, Prov. 4:25, Eph 5:15, Isah 42:16
Memory Verse: Eph 4:1

short story
At this point, we can't rule out malignancy," the doctor said.

I just looked at my husband. I knew he was asking the doctor questions, but I didn't hear any words. I saw his lips moving and felt his strong hand on top of mine. But all I could think was I needed to wake up. ("This is not happening. I know I am just having a bad dream."wink

It wasn't until I was in the front seat of our car that I realized it wasn't a dream. "Are we going home?" I asked. "No," my husband said. "We are going to get your ultrasound and more x -rays." "Oh," I replied.

It didn't really matter where we were going, because all I could think of at that moment were the three beautiful children my husband and I have been blessed with.

First, my thoughts went to Mikaela who was ten-years-old at the time. Without me, who would she talk to about boys? Who would show her how to put on makeup and help her pick out a college? But the most painful thought was... who would comfort her in her loss?

For the past three years, Mikaela has accompanied me on the Race for the Cure breast cancer walk.

She is well aware of the horrors of treatment.

She's often commented about people walking in honor of a loved one. For her, I knew there would be no sugarcoating the truth.

Then my thoughts shifted to Connor, my eight-year-old son (at the time) – an amazing baseball player who plays it cool with his dad and friends.

He is an undeniably sweet boy who always writes a special card for me on Mother's Day. What would he do next May? Would he pretend to write a card, not telling his teacher that he has no one to give it to?

Suddenly, I felt like throwing up. I asked my husband to pull over.

Once back in the car, all I could think about was Delanie, who was our four-year-old princess at the time. She is so used to having both my husband and me tuck her in at night. She wakes up each morning with a smile on her face and kisses to spare. Have I made enough of an impact on her life that in 10, 12, 15 years from now she will remember me?

Over the following three weeks, I was poked, prodded, and sliced.

On the 22nd day, I found out that I did not have breast cancer.

You would think that I would be so happy that I could not wait to get back to my normal routine. But no. Something happened. Going through that breast cancer scare changed my life in many ways. it was the discovery of purpose.

Discuss this story

Fate or faith.
we wait for fate and circumstance to define purpose for us rather than employing faith to take us into purpose realisation and actualisation.

Introduction

For Christians, purpose is being and doing what God intends us to be and do: doing today what God asks us to do in our family, church, and community; being more like Christ; and then doing the distinct, bold work God designed us to do before we die!. There are 188 named Women in the Bible, and many others that are left unnamed. Some located their purpose as queens, some as prophetess and some could not locate purpose within purpose. Example is Micah. 1SAMUEL19:11, 1 SAMUEL 19:12-17, 1 SAMUEL 19:17. 2 SAMUEL 6:16. There is no accident with God, you are programmed at this time and that place for a purpose.

A Biblical character that went for purpose.

Esther. - A deliverer.

Hadassah, Esther's Jewish name, comes from the word for 'myrtle', a tree whose leaves only release their fragrance when they are crushed.

1 Vashti was banished, and Esther became Queen (Esther 1 & 2)  .

2 Esther saved Mordecai from Haman (Esther 3-8:14)  

3 Esther saved the Jewish people of Persia (Esther 8:15-10)  

For discussions

How do I find my purpose in Christ as a woman?
1. Who am I?
2. How did I get here?
3. Who and what needs me the most?
4. Who will cry when I die?

examples of mortal women who lived a purposeful life.
1. Mother Teresa was sold out to the sick and the poor..

2. Florence Nightengale
Not only an inspirational nurse, she transformed modern nursing and medical care by pioneering a new level of hygene.
Countless lives have been saved by the hygene practices she introduced to hospitals.

3. Marie Curie
Pioneering research into radiation; first person to be awarded two Nobel Prizes

4.Emmeline Pankhurst
Leader of the suffragette movement which gained right to vote for women for the first time in 1919, Britain. Killed by a horse during a protest.
Women are now allowed to vote in every democratic country in the world

Mention others that you can remember.

Summary; you have been called out of darkness into his marvellous light. Let your light shine before men .
Prayers
Re: Bible Study: Fulfilling My Purpose In Christ. Women Perspective Ranti Fawehinmi by God2man(m): 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
VORA: [
BIBLE STUDY

Topic. : fulfilling My Purpose In Christ: the women perspective
Text Reading : John 6:38, Prov. 4:25, Eph 5:15, Isah 42:16
Memory Verse: Eph 4:1

short story
At this point, we can't rule out malignancy," the doctor said.

I just looked at my husband. I knew he was asking the doctor questions, but I didn't hear any words. I saw his lips moving and felt his strong hand on top of mine. But all I could think was I needed to wake up. ("This is not happening. I know I am just having a bad dream."wink

It wasn't until I was in the front seat of our car that I realized it wasn't a dream. "Are we going home?" I asked. "No," my husband said. "We are going to get your ultrasound and more x -rays." "Oh," I replied.

It didn't really matter where we were going, because all I could think of at that moment were the three beautiful children my husband and I have been blessed with.

First, my thoughts went to Mikaela who was ten-years-old at the time. Without me, who would she talk to about boys? Who would show her how to put on makeup and help her pick out a college? But the most painful thought was... who would comfort her in her loss?

For the past three years, Mikaela has accompanied me on the Race for the Cure breast cancer walk.

She is well aware of the horrors of treatment.

She's often commented about people walking in honor of a loved one. For her, I knew there would be no sugarcoating the truth.

Then my thoughts shifted to Connor, my eight-year-old son (at the time) – an amazing baseball player who plays it cool with his dad and friends.

He is an undeniably sweet boy who always writes a special card for me on Mother's Day. What would he do next May? Would he pretend to write a card, not telling his teacher that he has no one to give it to?

Suddenly, I felt like throwing up. I asked my husband to pull over.

Once back in the car, all I could think about was Delanie, who was our four-year-old princess at the time. She is so used to having both my husband and me tuck her in at night. She wakes up each morning with a smile on her face and kisses to spare. Have I made enough of an impact on her life that in 10, 12, 15 years from now she will remember me?

Over the following three weeks, I was poked, prodded, and sliced.

On the 22nd day, I found out that I did not have breast cancer.

You would think that I would be so happy that I could not wait to get back to my normal routine. But no. Something happened. Going through that breast cancer scare changed my life in many ways. it was the discovery of purpose.

Discuss this story

Fate or faith.
we wait for fate and circumstance to define purpose for us rather than employing faith to take us into purpose realisation and actualisation.

Introduction

For Christians, purpose is being and doing what God intends us to be and do: doing today what God asks us to do in our family, church, and community; being more like Christ; and then doing the distinct, bold work God designed us to do before we die!. There are 188 named Women in the Bible, and many others that are left unnamed. Some located their purpose as queens, some as prophetess and some could not locate purpose within purpose. Example is Micah. 1SAMUEL19:11, 1 SAMUEL 19:12-17, 1 SAMUEL 19:17. 2 SAMUEL 6:16. There is no accident with God, you are programmed at this time and that place for a purpose.

A Biblical character that went for purpose.

Esther. - A deliverer.

Hadassah, Esther's Jewish name, comes from the word for 'myrtle', a tree whose leaves only release their fragrance when they are crushed.

1 Vashti was banished, and Esther became Queen (Esther 1 & 2)  .

2 Esther saved Mordecai from Haman (Esther 3-8:14)  

3 Esther saved the Jewish people of Persia (Esther 8:15-10)  

For discussions

How do I find my purpose in Christ as a woman?
1. Who am I?
2. How did I get here?
3. Who and what needs me the most?
4. Who will cry when I die?

examples of mortal women who lived a purposeful life.
1. Mother Teresa was sold out to the sick and the poor..

2. Florence Nightengale
Not only an inspirational nurse, she transformed modern nursing and medical care by pioneering a new level of hygene.
Countless lives have been saved by the hygene practices she introduced to hospitals.

3. Marie Curie
Pioneering research into radiation; first person to be awarded two Nobel Prizes

4.Emmeline Pankhurst
Leader of the suffragette movement which gained right to vote for women for the first time in 1919, Britain. Killed by a horse during a protest.
Women are now allowed to vote in every democratic country in the world

Mention others that you can remember.

Summary; you have been called out of darkness into his marvellous light. Let your light shine before men .
Prayers

(1) (Reply)

The Lies Of The Garden Of Eden - A Logical View / List Of Nairaland Pharisees / Is The Bible Only For Believers ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.