Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained (13630 Views)

Boko Haram Leader Arrested In N’djamena, Chad / Kogi Deeper Life Church Attack Gang Leader Arrested In Edo State / Suspected Boko Haram Leader Arrested At Karkasara Quarters In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Beaf: 9:03am On Jul 15, 2012
[size=14pt]Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained[/size]
14 Jul 2012
Abubakar. Muhammed Abubakar, IGP
By Seriki Adinoyi in Jos

The National Secretary of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBA), Saleh Bayeri has been arrested.
This is as former Military Administrator of Delta State, Colonel John Dung (rtd) debunked the allegation credited to Chairman of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), General Jeremiah Useni that Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State was the cause of the persistent violence in the State.

Bayeri was arrested by the Special Task Force (STF) when he honoured invitation from the Commander of the Force, Major General Henry Ayoola, who handed him over to the State Security Service (SSS).

STF Spokesman Captain Salisu Mustapha confirmed the arrest, adding that Bayeri has been handed over to the SSS for interrogation.
Meanwhile, the STF has virtually relocated its base to Matse in Barkin Ladi, following another attempt by the attackers to invade the villages they had earlier attacked on Saturday and Sunday. According to a statement by the state government, no life was lost in that invasion as the STF reportedly waded off the attackers

Former Military Administrator of Delta State, Colonel John Dung (rtd) has reacted to the statement credited to the Chairman, Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Gen Jeremiah Useni (rtd), in which Useni claimed that Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State is the cause of persistent violence in the state, saying ‘Useni’s claim is not true’.

Dung, in an interview with our correspondent said, “If Jang is the problem why are they killing the innocent people in the villages. Some of these villages are not even Berom villages; Maza and Babale that were attacked by gunmen sometimes ago are not Berom villages. So how are they linked to Jang?

“I don’t know why he said what he said, but I know that the problem is not Jang. The problem is purely political and Northern problem. May be he said so because he is the Chairman of Arewa Consultative Forum. But that is not true; I disagree with him totally on that comment.

“What I know is that we need to work together in unity as Plateau people”.

Meanwhile, a Christian Cleric, Prophet Isah el-Buba of the Evangelical Bible Outreach Ministry International (EBOMI) in Jos said the President should be bold, adding that “it is better not to be re-elected as Nigerian President who stands on the path of truth than to compromise with people to sink the nation”.

On the activities of the Islamic sect known as Boko Haram, el-Buba pointed out that they are not faceless as some people would like to make other believe, arguing that they are known only that people are trying to shield the members for selfish and religious reasons.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/plateau-crisis-fulani-leader-arrested-detained/120015/

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by moderatorr: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2012
this one na kabiru Plateau smiley
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by manosteel(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2012
Hope Yakubu Gowon is really concern about what is happening in his state and the North in general.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by SNCOQ3(m): 11:28am On Jul 15, 2012
At least this is from a credible source. The question is: is the SSS compromised or not?
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by adigad: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2012
he might provide useful information to the sss
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by boyendowed(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2012
Nawa for that Jeremiah Useni
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by franksunny(m): 11:50am On Jul 15, 2012
75 % of those that make up Arewa are patrons of boko haram. Sadly enough, is the truth

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by dukenestor(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
franksunny: 75 % of those that make up Arewa are patrons of boko haram. Sadly enough, is the truth
Can you defend this in a court of law?
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by aryzgreat: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
SAI! ONE NAIJERIYA!!! GASKIYA!!!
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by ebamma(m): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
fulanis are parasites any were the are,the will eat from u wit one hand and kill u with the other hand

1 Like

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
dukenestor:
Abeg hepl me ask am
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Ndata(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
So disappointed with Gen Jerry Useni for being such a coward.Because he holds the position of President of Arewa consultative forum he cannot stand on the side of the truth and say it as it is.Yet the Fulani continue to slaughter his kith and kins in Plateau.
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2012
ebamma: fulanis are parasites any were the are,the will eat from u wit one hand and kill u with the other hand
And u re from which part of the country Mr Selfish?
they have contribute allot to the economy of this country even if u find it difficult to believe that.
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
Cowardice communal crisis is in every part of this country. you cant just reach a conclution that they the fulanis are responsible for that attack even after a group have claim responsiblity. to justify your claim, wait for the outcome of the investigation by the authority concern and stop judging by what u sit down in front of ur computer and read from the newspaper u cant not authenticate the source
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2012
i said it that in a sane society, this Bayeri guy will be awaiting time for the electric chair for the murder of those innocent children and women!

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Princesaha: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2012
What is the essence of arresting him when he will still be released 2ru d back door. Just a matter of time b4 d fulani bigwigs bribe those sss and he will be discharged and acquitted. D only solution is 4 the Berom natives 2 arm and defend themselves against any attack. Only then will the attackers cease attacking when they meet superior force. The Stf and d police can only offer temporary protection but d permanent solution only lies with d pple of plateau unless they want 2 be entirely exterminated 4rm dis mother earth.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Tsmooth1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2012
I dont see any problem in interogating him, but I think they should interogate Ayo Oritsejafor too because I dont trust that man he look like evil to me, and also king of plateau.

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2012
Pls can someone help with this;What's the conflict based on?who are the berom's?why are they pointing accussing fingers at jang?
What's the main cause of the crisis?its not neccessary you explain,just quote me a link to read
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Qrisful: 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
www.springtowers.com your education in Europe starts here....
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by mjay(m): 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
T-smooth:
I dont see any problem in interogating him, but I think they should interogate Ayo Oritsejafor too because I dont trust that man he look like evil to me, and also king of plateau.

Are you daft? Is Ayo from plateau? What interest are you fighting for? People like you are the ones drawing this country backward. May God judge all the likes of you very soon.
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Abumilla(m): 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
Nawa o! When will all dis come 2 an end...
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Tsmooth1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
@mjay must u be in Plateau before u could be involve in the crisis, I suspect Oritsejafor is having influence in Plateau. I wont abuse u i would just let it pass.

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
Prince saha: What is the essence of arresting him when he will still be released 2ru d back door. Just a matter of time b4 d fulani bigwigs bribe those sss and he will be discharged and acquitted. D only solution is 4 the Berom natives 2 arm and defend themselves against any attack. Only then will the attackers cease attacking when they meet superior force. The Stf and d police can only offer temporary protection but d permanent solution only lies with d pple of plateau unless they want 2 be entirely exterminated 4rm dis mother earth.
How Many of the Asare Dakubo and OPC leaders have been arrested and Released without any trial?
stop posting rubish my friend.
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by ganye1: 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
The STF has clearly taken sides by ordering the Fulani out of their homes and now arresting the only man who speaks their side of the story. The man is being arrested for informing the world about STF killing Fulanis & destroying their homes which was the immediate cause of the recent crisis. Now that they are embarking on another round of massacre they arrested the only man they know will tell d world.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2012
ganye1: The STF has clearly taken sides by ordering the Fulani out of their homes and now arresting the only man who speaks their side of the story. The man is being arrested for informing the world about STF killing Fulanis & destroying their homes which was the immediate cause of the recent crisis. Now that they are embarking on another round of massacre they arrested the only man they know will tell d world.
see you andyour screwed way of reasoning! if the cause of the problem is attributed to STF killing fulanis and attacking their villages then why did the fulanis retaliate by killing plateau villagers instead of attacking STF?

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by namfav(m): 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2012
what we call persecution, and every fulani in the middle belt should not feel persecuted and victimised? and who is arrested on the side of the birom and other groups? technically this is a declaration of war against the voices of fulani in the region, you remember we have people sitting in power who have failed the region

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Tsmooth1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2012
@namfav what is the big deal if a fulani is being interogated? if he is innocent then he should'nt be afraid or his people shouldnt be intimidated. You dont know may be they would arrest a prominent Bero leader too u never can tell.
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2012
namfav: what we call persecution, and every fulani in the middle belt should not feel persecuted and victimised? and who is arrested on the side of the birom and other groups? technically this is a declaration of war against the voices of fulani in the region, you remember we have people sitting in power who have failed the region
in a space of two years ,the fulanis have killed more innocent nigerians than malaria & aids combined! it wouldn't hurt one bit for a couple of their leaders to be under the hammer!
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by maigaskiya1: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
dukenestor:
wic dirty court be dat
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by jmaine: 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2012
Reverend Isa El buba, the notorious former Jihadist from Borno and a great grand son of Uthman Dan Fodio turned pastor has spoken the truth

when my northern brethrens are ready to say there should be an end to BH, they will be an end

Also the presidency needs to be stern with this incessant plateau state fracas, cos the reprisal the beroms will likely plan won't be child's play . . .
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by nduchucks: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2012
namfav: what we call persecution, and every fulani in the middle belt should not feel persecuted and victimised? and who is arrested on the side of the birom and other groups? technically this is a declaration of war against the voices of fulani in the region, you remember we have people sitting in power who have failed the region

This man honoured an invitation from the Commander of the Special Task Force (STF), Major General Henry Ayoola, and he was rewarded by being handed over to the State Security Service (SSS). His Birom counterpart remains free to continue to lead his war against the Fulani people. This strategy simply shows the incompetence of the leaders of the STF. They are fueling the flames of war rather than trying to put out the fire.

STF knows who the leaders are on both sides, where they live, how they operate and who their financiers are. Why can't they round up all the leaders and come up with a comprehensive plan at the federal level to resolve the conflict. A military strategy lead by incompetent generals is a recipe for failure.
Re: Plateau Crisis: Fulani Leader Arrested, Detained by maigaskiya1: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2012
dukenestor:
wic dirty court be dat
Ndata: So disappointed with Gen Jerry Useni for being such a coward.Because he holds the position of President of Arewa consultative forum he cannot stand on the side of the truth and say it as it is.Yet the Fulani continue to slaughter his kith and kins in Plateau.
dukenestor:
wic dirty court be dat do u expect anytn gud frm amalgamatd criminals forum acf.nd wit d lyks of useni as dia presidnt,am nt suprisd frm such utrances comimg frm abachas henchman a sworn arewa slave.mugu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola’s Massive Looting Of Osun State / Southern Kaduna Crisis‘ll Consume Everyone If Killings‘re Not Stopped – Osinbajo / President Buhari Visits Abia State Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.