Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? (55136 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / 6 People You Need Around You To Help You Succeed / Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by 2sexy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
spicy v:

What worked for me may not work for someone else, really? Now let me reveal one fact to you, I have heard top HR consultants say the reason they raise the bar that high (demanding those so called great grades) is because they know the ridiculous number θf unemployed youths seeking employment and such requirement (2:1) does a great job θf reducing the number! Imagine that!

Another fact you need to know is that business owners are looking for people with solutions and if you are that candidate, the job is yours! You should also bear in mind that those preferred degree may get you the job but it is only your wit that will keep you in the job or make you indispensable! These are tested principles and they will work for anyone! While I am not encouraging young people to be nonchalant with their academics, I insist that if you do not have the onus to defend you Masters degree, you can't have the job! ( Not taking into cognizance the corrupt paractices in Naija o)
I have always known that the reason for the embago placed was a way to auto-screen applicant ant necessarily the other way round. Plus the issue of age...
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by 2sexy(m): 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
SimplySEA: Ha...... Wat a relief! Wisdom atlast in NL. Where hav people been? Nice to meet u all!
@ miss spicy. I must say dis. Yr use of English is jus too clean 4a third class grad. It Speaks volumes for other non academic factors dat affect student's performance in our academic system! I kno many 2.1 grads wit very poor use of English, both in writin as well as speakin.
@mr Ajans, u're truly an inspiration!
shey na people wey dey cram to pass? Abeg, leave that matter. My roommate always dwell on past question because most lecturers often repeat what they had set before. Well his grades are better than mine.

This not to say that I can' t do better than he. I had a serious emotional struggle at the start of my HND program due to the lose of my mother and as a result, I was alway thinking of where to get money from and this affected my grades. But this same me did superbly well at OND... I guess this explain why most people grad with poor grades.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by spicyv1(f): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
Lol at the cramming to pass.
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by 2sexy(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2012
Whatelse can I say.
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
The likes of spicy v have dealt well with this topic.
Your grade does not determine nada.
Your determination and passion makes the difference.
No matter your class of degree you must take time out to
Chart a course for your career, get to know the industy you want to work for
Find out what it takes to get into the industry,
And prepare yourself for the opportunity.
2,2 and third class are making it out there,
From all the hr people I have interacted with I am yet
To see one who has told me that they employ people based on class of degree.
Its just a method of reducing the no of candidates.
So if u have a 3rd class or anything, simply find ways
To develop yourself and acquire 'relevant' skills to your
Choosen profession and person goals.
Please note the emphasis on relevant.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by Zhul001(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2012
A topic well dealth with, kudos to the likes of Spicy and Ajanlekoko. I dont know if anyone will concur with my opinion about this issue, with my little experience about this world. I think 90% of parents send there kids to school for 'self dependency' (bucks) in the near future. From my own statistics i think there are four categories of "megabucks" makers (bucks boiz) in nigeria viz

1.The Politicians
2.The Powerful
3.The Self employed
4.The Farouk lawans (fast guys,cocaine pushers)
If you dont fall among these four, then i doubt your prowess of making megabucks in naija. Mumuring? Yes i did'nt mention the civil servants, the first class bookwarms, the engineers, right? (The hardworkers) why? Because these set of people are paid by (The bucks boiz) no matter how many years The hardworkers work for these bucks boys, fine, they can be living in one of those tushed areas in abuja,but bet me they can hardly have more than enough or even enough for themselves and there extended family,imagine you go to work 7am-7pm, every damn! Day of your week days common? You were created by God not those who you work for. But take a minute, why are we going to school? With a crude answer: to make money.
In a nutshell, never ever use your school result to set limits for your future, you are much more than that dude,forget that result, render services, sell something, nigerians will never stop eating, unravel your natural potential and maximize it (singing, businesslike,sports,creating ideas, crafty) think!!!! There is something in you that can run you into bucks, you might endup among the "Bucks boiz"(self emloyed) but mind you, you have to be optimistic,determined,disciplined and committed.
For me am likely to graduate with a third class but mehn, you see that poultry thing ba, i sabi am die. The money wey dy dere na like ritual money, though with risk, so if way no way omo na to hustle oo...but one tn sure i no wan work under any bagger.peaceA topic well dealth with, kudos to the likes of Spicy and Ajanlekoko. I dont know if anyone will concur with my opinion about this issue, with my little experience about this world. I think 90% of parents send there kids to school for 'self dependency' (bucks) in the near future. From my own statistics i think there are four categories of "megabucks" makers (bucks boiz) in nigeria viz

1.The Politicians
2.The Powerful
3.The Self employed
If you dont fall among these four, then i doubt your prowess of making megabucks in naija. Mumuring? Yes i did'nt mention the civil servants, the first class bookwarms, the engineers, right? (The hardworkers) why? Because these set of people are paid by (The bucks boiz) no matter how many years The hardworkers work for these bucks boys, fine, they can be living in one of those tushed areas in abuja,but bet me they can hardly have more than enough or even enough for themselves and there extended family,imagine you go to work 7am-7pm, every damn! Day of your week days common? You were created by God not those who you work for. But take a minute, why are we going to school? With a crude answer: to make money.
In a nutshell, never ever use your school result to set limits for your future, you are much more than that dude,forget that result, render services, sell something, nigerians will never stop eating, unravel your natural potential and maximize it (singing, businesslike,sports,creating ideas, crafty) think!!!! There is something in you that can run you into bucks, you might endup among the "Bucks boiz"(self emloyed) but mind you, you have to be optimistic,determined,disciplined and committed.
For me am likely to graduate with a third class but mehn, you see that poultry thing ba, i sabi am die. The money wey dy dere na like ritual money, though with risk, so if way no way omo na to hustle oo...but one tn sure i no wan work under any bagger.peace
A topic well dealth with, kudos to the likes of Spicy and Ajanlekoko. I dont know if anyone will concur with my opinion about this issue, with my little experience about this world. I think 90% of parents send there kids to school for 'self dependency' (bucks) in the near future. From my own statistics i think there are four categories of "megabucks" makers (bucks boiz) in nigeria viz

1.The Politicians
2.The Powerful
3.The Self employed
For me am likely to graduate with a third class but mehn, you see that poultry thing ba, i sabi am die. The money wey dy dere na like ritual money, though with risk, so if way no way omo na to hustle oo...but one tn sure i no wan work under any bagger.peace

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by AceMiss: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
I finished with a 3rd class,did my masters and am currently working with FBN. Like Spicy said it's all by God's grace and a determination to make something out of life. Am still far from where I wanna be but am super motivated to keep pushing. For all the 3rd "classers" out there,stay determined. There's very little a determined person can't achieve.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by spicyv1(f): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
AceMiss: I finished with a 3rd class,did my masters and am currently working with FBN. Like Spicy said it's all by God's grace and a determination to make something out of life. Am still far from where I wanna be but am super motivated to keep pushing. For all the 3rd "classers" out there,stay determined. There's very little a determined person can't achieve.

I am excited for you sis. But for the record, there is absolutely NOTHING a determined person can't achieve. wink

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by 2sexy(m): 8:02am On Sep 09, 2012
spicy v:

I am excited for you sis. But for the record, there is absolutely NOTHING a determined person can't achieve. wink
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by deleo16(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
the only limitation is ourself not the grade

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by deleo16(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
AceMiss: I finished with a 3rd class,did my masters and am currently working with FBN. Like Spicy said it's all by God's grace and a determination to make something out of life. Am still far from where I wanna be but am super motivated to keep pushing. For all the 3rd "classers" out there,stay determined. There's very little a determined person can't achieve.
true the limitation can be you and not the grade
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by AjanleKoko: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2012
Zhul001:

I am quite concerned with the message the majority of posters are trying to pass on here. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by kodewrita(m): 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I am quite concerned with the message the majority of posters are trying to pass on here. embarassed

Not to join in the argument but out of sheer curiosity, what message do you observe in those posts you mentioned?
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by AjanleKoko: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2012
kodewrita:

Not to join in the argument but out of sheer curiosity, what message do you observe in those posts you mentioned?

Everybody is doing their best to de-emphasize educational achievement. It's hard not to see that most are consoling themselves over their poor performance at school.

Quite, education is not a precursor to success. Why then did people waste time and money going to school? The whole purpose of learning in an academic environment is defeated if the students don't feel they need to do well. My opinion.

All told, it's better to graduate with a good grade. If you intend to pursue a career using your certificate, you'd be better off if you left school with an above-average degree. But if you feel good grades at school are not important, no need to waste your time and other people's money studying for a degree. Just get right on with whatever you feel will bring you success.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by deleo16(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2012
[quote author=AjanleKoko]

Everybody is doing their best to de-emphasize educational achievement. It's hard not to see that most are consoling themselves over their poor performance at school.

Quite, education is not a precursor to success. Why then did people waste time and money going to school? The whole purpose of learning in an academic environment is defeated if the students don't feel they need to do well. My opinion.

All told, it's better to graduate with a good grade. If you intend to purs
///// no body is supporting bad grade and whoever is supporting it should not.the truth is not all that enter for admissoin will graduate with a good graduate thats the bitter truth even with the bad grade its left to the person if he or she stilll want to correct is his or her mistake by going back to school age doesnt matter and get it right the second time and if he or she feels no business is nxt and he can make it fine but condemning a good i say NO
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by deleo16(m): 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
so pls if you feel u still have the drive or passion of getting a career out of education is never to late to correct your mistake and be what u want to be and if u feel business is the next or entreprenuer it is not a crime to aim high that i have heard enough of skl notin do you go ahead
but condemning a good grader am not in support of it like i said earlier EVERYBODY NO FIT CARRY FIRST FOR RACE

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by Stronger99: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2012

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by sharpman1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2012
A 3rd class degree is not desirable at all. A 2.2 can still be managed.........but a 3rd class?? The stigma might be on you forever......except you become self employed. Even when you've worked for a while with lots of experience......it might still come up at some point in your career.

Well...........i know some guy with a 3rd class in Engineering. He decided to pursue a career in another field so he after NYSC he decided to write a professional exam in accounting. This exam also came with an option of a BSc after a certain level and the submission of a Research Project. He also took a job as an Audit Assistant in an audit firm, earning just N10,000 per month.

Because of his not too encouraging background, he took the exams seriously and passed his exams in record time...without having to write any paper twice (that's no mean fit if you know about professional accounting exams). He also achieved a First Class grade in the BSc in Accounting that came with the professional exams. Now he's a member to two Accounting bodies, one in Nigeria and the other outside of the country.

He currently heads the finance department of a reputable company in Nigeria and earns a very decent pay (well above industry average and much more than i do). He also trains and facilitates for different organizations.

My point is........a lot of people would never think that he had a 3rd class degree at some point in his life and he was able to forget the setback and move on.

I strongly believe he would have gone much further if he did not make a 3rd class.........but then i also think that if he had made a better grade.......he would probably not be so motivated to do well in the professional exams.

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
Have bn extremely motivated by the comments y'all posted. God bless you all!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by seye15627(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
[quote bauthor=Sky-walker]had third class. did masters and professional cert and now i am now working in IT

The chances are slim in Nigeria where they based everything on degree where in developed countries, they will test you and find out what you can do for their organization.[/quote] please where did u do your masters?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by Skywalker5(m): 9:49am On Jul 23, 2013
seye15627: please where did u do your masters?
uk
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by marthiezelite: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
I think all graduates no matter the grade must enhance themselves when they graduate in other to thrive and move at a desired speed.if you are a second class upper graduate and you are satisfied with just growing at the rate your bank job provides for you,then please expect the third class graduates who know they have to struggle to create a niche,to enjoy better opportunities.we all have to be at alert,grow with emerging trends.thats what makes you a rare product that organisations can give anything to have.organisations like kpmg,pwc and a host of others give you an ample opportunity to grow and experience a lot even though they dont pay as much as banks.so wherever you are or whatever degree you have remember that in few years it all becomes irrelevant.so aim for the best.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by cyif2003(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
Spicy v and all@ thanks for ur encouragement.
Actually I am a 3rd class graduate who studied geology and I am currently serving. For so long I av been thinking of what next to do after service, but I have not been able †̥o come to a conclusion. Well †̥ b frank with u guys I am tired of d whole skooling system, so I don't plan to further( pgd nd msc) although I no it aint gonna b easy †̥ get into d labour market but I believe wif God everytin is possible. Most organization don't invite 3rd class holders for exams so I know it aint gonna b easy.I have been making enquires about some proffesional courses like H se nd some oda bt dey are quite espensive(excluding h se) . Generally I don't no what nxt for me. Will really like †̥ a proffesional in my course of study.... Pls any advice?
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
RedReact]@Ajanlekoko,
wish u find my tex,having a 2-2,does not determine ones inteligence, some came out with the best results in secondary sch,but health and other factors could make them come out with a 2-2

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by funtanherb(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
I graduated with Third class because I dont know the importance of the grading system them ..I thought what matter is the degree and not the grade....
AjanleKoko:

No, let's deal with it on this thread.
Why do you think you made a third class? Be courageous enough to outline it for us.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by Tinyemeka(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
Blackteeth: I would like those who had a 2-2 or 3rd class and are presently successful to tell us how they emerged successful despite the disadvantage, so to encourage those who have lost hope cos of the poor result they had.
Don't fully understand what you mean by successful.
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by bebechuks: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
funbamby: Frankly speaking, you re only limited if you limit urself.
Dont get discouraged cos even my IT Supervisor who earns well above 250k per month is a 2-2 graduate.
I myself,I am a similar product.I didnt finish with 2-2 becos am not good but because I didnt
get my priorties rightwhile I was in school you might also be in dat category mind U ur confidence
and your knowledge matters.

Bottom Line: GO & Develop your skills and do some professional certs you just got it right. Nowadays its even who u sabi,e.g globacom
masters is deffinately not what you need now.
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by chukkynwob(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
I believe my 2.1 is a curse on me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by chiim: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
d down fall of a man isn't d end of his life. your prosperity lies on your capabilities. you mustn't be an employee, you can be self employed and do far better than the so called employees. the bottom line can only be drawn by God and he can't draw it on you. fight on, ride on, and move into your success. BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by anthoniosp(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
came out with 2-2 and beacame special adviser to d govt on corruption!!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? by olamisegbe(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
Still keeping ma head down praying dt God'll give me a directn in which I move on...cos ma degree's worse dt sh*t.thnking of moving out of ma current field...OAU shay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Little Boys Plastering A Fence At Aduwawa, Benin, Edo State / Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money / Pictures Of Tonia Somaga (Lagos State Blue Line Train Driver)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.