Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single (1201 Views)

Pictures Of D'banj's New Supermodel Girlfriend - Yaris / D'banj's New Single - Igwe Ft. Don Jazzy / D'banj - New Singles ( Maje, Kiwon And More) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2012
[img]http://premiumtimesng.com/thumbnail.php?file=banners/dbanj2_1_977312517.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

"With 'Oyato', I am inclined to think that D'banj would have never made it as an artiste if Don Jazzy wasn't his producer," a fan says

Multiple award winning Nigerian artiste Dapo Oyebanjo's (popularly known as D'banj) latest single 'Oyato' has continued to elicit negative reception from music fans across Nigeria.

Released on Saturday, the 3.24 minutes track is the first song the G.O.O.D Music star would release since he left Mo'Hits Records early this year.

Though dedicated to his fans who stood by him through his "trying times;" D'banj also reached out to his haters in the song telling them he's still the best around.

"I see all these Pharisees/ All them say all na fallacy.

Wetin dem talk no matter at all/What God has done no man can destroy.

At the end of the day no contest/They know me they know what I've accomplished....," he sang.

Playing his trademark harmonica in the track, Oyato is also D'banj's first song without his former partner Don Jazzy's signature beat.

Reactions to the song began to trend on twitter minutes after its release as his fans began to express their dissatisfaction.

"As wack as ever... Never expected something better though," a fan said in a tweet.

"With 'Oyato', I am inclined to think that D'banj would have never made it as an artiste if Don Jazzy wasn't his producer," another one said.

Another disappointed fan said in a tweet: "At some point when you are listening to 'Oyato', you would check again to see if you actually downloaded the right song (because) d song is too wack."

http://premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/6070-negative_reception_greets_d_banl_s_new_single.html
Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by ayox2003: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2012
By Charles Mgbolu

Multiple award winning singer D’banj has released his first single titled ‘Oyato’ since he and ace producer Don jazzy parted ways, March this year.

The new single Oyato produced by Jay Sleek who has been signed on as a producer for D’banj maintains a lot that fans have always known D’banj for.

The usual head bobbing, pop beats, hits you first as the approximately three minutes song begins to run followed by an all male chord chorus sang in yoruba language.

Music production was on point, Jay Sleek pulled it through… good. D’banj can be heard in the mix intermittently chanting ‘Oyato’ as the chorus endures but he comes fully alive in the verses; his voice strong yet somewhat emotional.

In Oyato, he maintains that he is D’banj and nothing can change that fact about him. The song cast a stark picture of his recent travails. He reflects on rumours whipped up behind him and the unknown truths he couldn’t bring himself to say. He, however, states that he overcame simply because he is D’banj, a different human being – ‘Oyato’.

D’banj’s harmonica which had varnished from his songs for sometime now is dusted up and used judiciously in this number. Towards the end of the song, D’banj is heard telling Jay Sleek “I wish they’d know me better”

The song is barely days old, yet it’s gained a wide acceptance that is staggering although not surprising; many fans literally worship the star – D’banj.

However, some critiques note that the song may have ended “too soon”. D’banj ran a chorus-verse1-chorus-verse2 pattern that abruptly winded down. There wasn’t that usual hooker that doubled as a bridge just after the second verse which helped threw his songs and everyone trapped within into splintering climax before it’s eventual closure. This was a strong trait he had maintained in his previous songs with Don Jazzy.

It’s however a song coming straight from D’banj’s heart. He maintained the upbeat tempo; filling his voice with positive energy that suggests he is possessed by a soul that is far from giving up. He made his point absolutely clear.

He is D’banj and different – “Oyato”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/oyato-by-dbanj-a-review/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by Dhelake: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2012
@ayox2003, Hope they read diz sha
Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by Dhelake: 11:49am On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=ayox2003][/quote] hope dey read diz sha
Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by naturalwaves: 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
@BILLYoNaire,why do u always like to create controversies?I saw ur post about Don Jazzy's album where u said Dbanj is a follower.There is nothing wrong with d OYATO track cos JSLEEk was right on point with d production.If one were told it was done by Don Jazzy,one wouldn't av doubted so one couldn't av asked for a better production.Though Dbanj could do better,the track is still very much above average.If it receives 1/4 of the CHOP BANANA's airplay,it will be a massive blowout than d chop banana which had the statement 'chop banana till u go yo'being repeated almost 20 times.MY POINT is this:This post of urs is wrongly timed.Wait a lil bit for a lot of persons to download,listen and assess the track before U come paste it.Moreover,judging from ur comment on Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus album and this new Dbanj's release,I can see that u already have a prejudiced idea about Dbanj.Just chill and relax,2 days is too early to judge a track.

1 Like

Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
naturalwaves: @BILLYoNaire,why do u always like to create controversies?I saw ur post about Don Jazzy's album where u said Dbanj is a follower.There is nothing wrong with d OYATO track cos JSLEEk was right on point with d production.If one were told it was done by Don Jazzy,one wouldn't av doubted so one couldn't av asked for a better production.Though Dbanj could do better,the track is still very much above average.If it receives 1/4 of the CHOP BANANA's airplay,it will be a massive blowout than d chop banana which had the statement 'chop banana till u go yo'being repeated almost 20 times.MY POINT is this:This post of urs is wrongly timed.Wait a lil bit for a lot of persons to download,listen and assess the track before U come paste it.Moreover,judging from ur comment on Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus album and this new Dbanj's release,I can see that u already have a prejudiced idea about Dbanj.Just chill and relax,2 days is too early to judge a track.
I made no comments here bro, the source is there, I am just a poster.
Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by naturalwaves: 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
Billyonaire: I made no comments here bro, the source is there, I am just a poster.
Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by naturalwaves: 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
Alright bro.I get ur point.The report by the so called source is too early.I also felt that u should av waited a lil bit more before posting it too going by the fact that the track is only 2 days old(that was Y I said U creating controversy.No hard feelings).Take care!
Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by KINGwax(m): 9:29am On Jul 17, 2012
Billyonaire: [img]http://premiumtimesng.com/thumbnail.php?file=banners/dbanj2_1_977312517.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

"With 'Oyato', I am inclined to think that D'banj would have never made it as an artiste if Don Jazzy wasn't his producer," a fan says

Multiple award winning Nigerian artiste Dapo Oyebanjo's (popularly known as D'banj) latest single 'Oyato' has continued to elicit negative reception from music fans across Nigeria.

Released on Saturday, the 3.24 minutes track is the first song the G.O.O.D Music star would release since he left Mo'Hits Records early this year.

Though dedicated to his fans who stood by him through his "trying times;" D'banj also reached out to his haters in the song telling them he's still the best around.

"I see all these Pharisees/ All them say all na fallacy.

Wetin dem talk no matter at all/What God has done no man can destroy.

At the end of the day no contest/They know me they know what I've accomplished....," he sang.

Playing his trademark harmonica in the track, Oyato is also D'banj's first song without his former partner Don Jazzy's signature beat.

Reactions to the song began to trend on twitter minutes after its release as his fans began to express their dissatisfaction.

"As wack as ever... Never expected something better though," a fan said in a tweet.

"With 'Oyato', I am inclined to think that D'banj would have never made it as an artiste if Don Jazzy wasn't his producer," another one said.

Another disappointed fan said in a tweet: "At some point when you are listening to 'Oyato', you would check again to see if you actually downloaded the right song (because) d song is too wack."

http://premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/6070-negative_reception_greets_d_banl_s_new_single.html
how will i ever knw u are a fool if u didn't start this thread? God, you're a disappointment...seriously, dbanj is different. Oyato baje! But like i love to say, whatever u do, jes don't hang! How many songs has my dear dbanj starred in now? Hmmm...let's think...i think u shld knw, this is the latest:
http://notjustok.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/lets_20get_20the_20party_20started.mp3
Re: Negative Reception Greets D'banj's New Single by samchide(m): 1:20am On Jul 23, 2012
Pls Use Oshé mi Bakan by Shady n' Sayon as ur caller tune Text 035549 to 4100 MTN users only pls Share

(1) (Reply)

Behind The Scenes Pictures Of Davido's "Owo Ni Koko" Video Shoot / Pls Hlp Me Pls I Wnt 2 Dwnload dis Two Nigerian Musics But I Don Know d Title / Is Listening To Rap Music By A Female Weird?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.