Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. (28036 Views)

I Call It Emotional Trauma And Infatuation / Love And Infatuation? / What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
The purpose of this thread is to clear the air on common misconceptions about love, and differentiating "love" from "attraction" & "infatuation". . .

Attraction

Attraction is what you see about the person that gets you interested in knowing more about the person. This is commonly known as "Love at first sight". . . It is based purely on looks - How beautiful or handsome the person is, How cute her dimples look, the sparkle in her eyes,, his nice smile, confidence in walking or speech, intelligence, swagger, looks like trey songz blah, curves like beyonce blah blah, rich like bill gates blah blah blah. . .

Appearances can be deceiving. An A+ in the looks department "could" be an F9 in the character + manners + brains department. . . You should not fall in love based on appearances. That is a fine mixture of senselessness and foolishness on display. . . We have a lot of Mugus and Magas as a result of erroneously mistaking "attraction" for "love". . .

You meet a girl for the first time, and you say "I love you" <<<<< FAIL!

She asks you the reason for loving her, and you say "the way you walk, talk, smile" <<<<< FAIL!

You see him in a borrowed car, dressed like wizkid and you fall in love. <<<<< FAIL!

She looks like your ex or she reminds you of an ex, and you fall in love. <<<<< FAIL!

You see his picture on Facebook, posing with an expensive car, dressed like a bank executive, clean shaven, handsome looking, you fall in love. <<<<< FAIL!
without meeting him or initiating any discussion.<<<<< FAIL+!
Ok. You initiate a conversation, and just 2 days later, you profess love for him, without meeting him yet. <<<<< FAIL++!

Getting attracted to someone is normal and very ok, but falling in love solely on the premise of that physical attraction is a what? A FAIL!

9 Likes

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
Infatuation.

Infatuation looks like love, feels like love, includes romantic feelings. . . This is best described as "lust". What you feel is not real, nor fake, just there. Lets just say your feelings are discombobulated and in a disarray. It has qualities of love, you have successfully crossed the "love based solely on attraction" phase, but where you FAIL is in "your true intentions as to why you fell in love" with this particular person.

The favorite quotation of infatuated individuals is "Love is blind". . . Smh.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but love is NOT blind. Never was, Never will. "Love" should open it's eyes and see and be aware and look at reality and know when "is" is becoming "are", and do something about that reality. . . You notice a harmful tendency about your partner but because you "love" him/her and you are afraid of losing them, you keep mute, hoping they would change. . . WAKE UP! You are infatuated, and not in love. Whatever love you think you feel is a what? A fallacy!

Typical infatuation:
You fall in love with him or her because you don't have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. - FAIL!

You fall in love because she is perfect, a perfectionist. - FAIL!

She asks why you love her, you say "No reason. I just love you". - FAIL!

He asks why you love him, you say " I don't know, why i love you, maybe its. . ." - FAIL!

You love them for the sexual capability and compatibility - FAIL!

"We think alike and have so much in common, that's why i love you" - FAIL!

"He beats me, but i still love him". - FAIL!

You act fake when you are around someone you claim to love - FAIL!

You love him because your parents are poor, and you need to go to school. - FAIL!

You love him because he bought you a Blackberry porshe. - FAIL!

Ok, not yet. But he promises you a Range Rover sports if you say yes to him. . . And you say "Really? Oh i love you". - FAIL! ++

You know you are infatuated when you "fall" for someone today, and less than a month later, you feel the same way towards someone else. . . WAKE UP!

If you habitually enter and exit relationships at whim, make no mistake, your marriage wont be any better. . .

9 Likes

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
Love

Love on the other hand is a well rounded knowledge of this individual. It's not based on mere looks alone, or material and emotional gains. Your eyes are well opened, and you know what you are getting into, and you know what you are doing. You can describe the good and bad qualities of this person, and confidently explain why you are so in love with him or her. . . - Love!

You have misunderstandings but you resolve them in a matured and very reasonable manner, rather than dissolving the relationship. You don't try to hide who you are, you accept your mistakes, promise to change, and you do change. - Love!

You meet other ladies more pretty than she is, but you don't pay them no mind. You don't betray the trust he has in you. You feel a sense of loyalty, fierce loyalty towards them. Their pain is your pain, and their joy is your joy. - Love!

They don't take advantage of you, don't force you to go against your wish, proffers suggestions on how to deal with a matter, and allow you make a choice. - Love!

Respect your privacy, realize you can make mistakes, forgives you easily because they feel empathy towards your situation. Forgives you and never brings the matter up, nor discuss your wrong doings with friends. - Love!

Your mouth stinks, they tell you and buy you mints. - Love!

Proud of you and your accomplishments, no matter how little. Never comparing you to another, but will rather seek to bring you up to standards in love. Corrects you with a smile on his face. - Love!

Love is kind, Love endures, love is not jealous, Love is not proud. Love, is more than just a feeling. Love makes a person act in accordance with knowledge, devoid of ignorance, immaturity, stupidity, childishness. . . Love has no time for "silent treatment". It faces the issue head on, resolves it and forges ahead.

When in love, your heart speaks, but your brain listens and assesses. Infatuation fades with time, but love grows stronger with time.

Love is when you look beyond attraction and infatuation, Love, is more than saying "I love you".

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Mynd44: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
Who made this guy an encyclopedia? I will define whatever I want in whatever way I want to define it.

6 Likes

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by freecocoa(f): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
Make i hear say i get power to read all that after a stressful day today.

Clear road make i pass o jare.undecided

3 Likes

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mynd_44: Who made this guy an encyclopedia? I will define whatever I want in whatever way I want to define it.
Who is asking?

You say you will define whatever in whatever way you want. I just defined mine the way i want, so why o why are you moaning? undecided

FAIL!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Mynd44: 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
sexkillz:
Who is asking?

You say you will define whatever in whatever way you want. I just defined mine the way i want, so why o why are you moaning? undecided

FAIL!

For your mind nah you don shine abi? If I open my own thread to define it lock am if I no go beat you
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mynd_44:
For your mind nah you don shine abi? If I open my own thread to define it lock am if I no go beat you
Have you opened a thread to define your whatever, and it got locked?

FAIL again. . .

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
Oga mod,
It is well, how madam ? it is well.
Well, you try... but... how do you describe meeting your woman on badoo and she drops her number and says she likes to have fun and is adventurous?
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Brite02(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2012
@op
topic making sense.

2 Likes

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
lari03: Oga mod,
It is well, how madam ? it is well.
Well, you try... but... how do you describe meeting your woman on badoo and she drops her number and says she likes to have fun and is adventurous?
You are free to describe it anyhow you want, except "Love". . .

1 Like

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Mynd44: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2012
sexkillz: Have you opened a thread to define your whatever, and it got locked?

FAIL again. . .

Seun closed it
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mynd_44:
Seun closed it
Seun doesn't close threads. . . He opens closed threads.

Keep FAILING!

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by tobechi20(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
9ce post OP, i hope we learn from this....

1 Like

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Mynd44: 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
sexkillz: Seun doesn't close threads. . . He opens closed threads.

Keep FAILING!

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
You meet a girl for the first time, and you say "I love you" <<<<< FAIL!

Typical Nigerian man lol.
They'll meet a girl at the bus stop and start forming rhymes lol

2 Likes

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Mynd44: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

well it works doesn't it?
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mynd_44:
well it works doesn't it?

Nope.
If it works, you guys won't be complaining about how rude Nigerian girls get when you try to toast them with crap, dry lines.

1 Like

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

It personally pisses me off. . .
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
sexkillz: It personally pisses me off. . .
lol. . . .

"He beats me, but i still love him". - FAIL!

If anyone hears this, this is a cry for help. Seriously, no joke.
Please let us take care of our women. Take her to the psychiatrist if need be.
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Mynd44: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Nope.
If it works, you guys won't be complaining about how rude Nigerian girls get when you try to toast them with crap, dry lines.
Mine are not dry. Check this out.
I love you I like you talk your own
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mynd_44:
Mine are not dry. Check this out.
I love you I like you talk your own

Yea, it's very moist lol cheesy
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

lol. . . .

If anyone hears this, this is a cry for help. Seriously, no joke.
Please let us take care of our women. Take her to the psychiatrist if need be.
We've seen such threads on NL. Some guys even advocated it. I can still remember one saying "if you don't beat her, you don't love her". . .
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2012
sexkillz: We've seen such threads on NL. Some guys even advocated it. I can still remember one saying "if you don't beat her, you don't love her". . .

It's that ediot . It's only that half agama lizard half vulture that would support female beating. I wonder if he kicks his mom in her [b]tummy [/b]after his father has beaten her.
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by freecocoa(f): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
^Ouch grin

1 Like

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Mynd44: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

It's that ediot. It's only that half agama lizard half vulture that would support female beating. I wonder if he kicks his mom in her [b]tummy [/b]after his father has beaten her.
That's gotta hurt
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
Thumbs up S-killz. wink

1 Like

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by evyangel(f): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
topic really on point..........u dd beta in d infatuation and attraction part rather
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by cindyrella(f): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ummmmmm Nice thread, brb
Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by slimyem: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
story story...
*yawns*

3 Likes

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by Mynd44: 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
slimyem: story story...
*yawns*
Very boring

1 Like

Re: Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. by ijebabe: 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Misconception cleared!
Hmm!! My guy has been busy o cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Asks Lady To Return Iphone He Bought For Refusing To Date Him After 2 Months / Woman Flees As Boyfriend Drowns In Hotel / Opinion: What Hustling Guys Should Note Before Dating Flashy/Materialistic Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.