Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) (2109 Views)

... / . / HP Officejet 6500 - Priting / Photocopies Only In Red Color (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by diakim(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2005
Any Qualified HP Officejet Printers Technician In The House?

We have many HP Officejet printers in my office - HP Officejet D Series & HP Officejet 7100 Series. The common problem we are facing is the 'Scanner Bulb Failure' error when trying to make photocopies or scan a document. Those who are currently helping us to maintain them have not yet mastered this problem. Also, the HP office in Lagos is not helping matters as they only replace, but not repair, but with a refurbished one.

Is there anyone here skilled in this or that knows someone who is. Please post in this thread or PIM me.
Thanks.
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by Bibi(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2005
My friend, dont be decieved by anyone who says they are qualified. HP has not qualified anyone to do that. With most of these printers, its best to just replace with new ones, once you have these problems (result of frequent NEPA power cuts). You will soon find out anyway that its cheaper to replace than to fix.

Modern electronics are not built for repair, if it fails, throw it away and replace it (that is if you care for the quality of the output)
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by diakim(m): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2005
Some of them are just a few months old. It is not really cost effective to replace them. But for those that are over one year, we've been doing replacement. I have too many faulty printers on my hands for comfort. We have at least 20 in our head office here in Lagos.
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by jogego(m): 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2005
Then you probably need to look at another make other than HP, or maybe its your office environment?
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by Hunter(m): 4:23am On Jul 27, 2005
poor power conditions will burn destroy the bulb and make those error's happen, if you buy new ones make sure they are surge protected!
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by angelak(f): 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2005
I am qualified ! cheesy
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by Fox(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2005
listen to what hunter said and get some surge protectors. The scanner bulb is like any other light fixture in your home and is very susceptible to fluctuations in power. Like other problems with printers you will spend more money trying to fix it than buying a new one. A rule of the thumb I use for the printers I support at work is - If I can't see the problem piece and touch it with my hands without tearing the component apart then I'm buying a new one. See if you can simply replace the copier kit instead of procuring a brand new printer. Also talk to HP about possible warranties.
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by Seun(m): 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2006
I have a problem with my printer. It doesn't even come on anymore and I get electric shocks when I touch it. sad
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by sbucareer(f): 1:18am On Sep 12, 2006
Seun:
I have a problem with my printer. It doesn't even come on anymore and I get electric shocks when I touch it.

hahaha!!! Seun, throw the goddamn printer into the history of dirts, the rubbish bin.
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by Seun(m): 1:26am On Sep 12, 2006
I bought it barely 2 months ago for 21k. Do you still think I should throw it away?
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by sbucareer(f): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2006

Seun, two months ago? Don't you have some sort of insurance on it or at least warranty? You should take it back to the shop you bought it. Unless you bought it without warranty. In which case you should really throw it away, we don't want anything to happen to you. We need this forum to be kept up and running.

If it gives you electrical shock! It is very serious Seun, you should really consider to thrown it away, not even fit to give it to someone or else you don't like that person.
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by Seun(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2006
Only when I touch it. I'm hoping it's just a power supply problem. Now I'm printerless. cry
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by ishmael(m): 11:27am On Sep 13, 2006
Seun is it that HP1020 u bought recently? Just take it back to d guy u bought it from.
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by Seun(m): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2006
Yes. I bought it at chuks-pee - www.chuks-pee.com (opposite the popular Gennuss Systems)
Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by sbucareer(f): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2006

Seun, I have checked the link you posted as to the place you purchased the printer. I would suggest emailing their customer support and directing them to this topic if they refuse to listen to you.

We can help you stage a protest for selling you a faulty printer that threaten you life by means of electrical shocks, by means of public boycott to the shop

Here is their customer support emails and the director information

Contact Us By E-mail:

info@chuks-pee.com

petcoms@yahoo.com

Contact Us By Fax:

234-01-4933910

DIRECTOR:
Nwafor Patience (Mrs.)
234 803 308 7010

Re: HP Officejet Printer Problems (need qualified Technicians) by Seun(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2006
I haven't contacted them yet. I'm still hoping the printer will magically start working. sad

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Printing,quality Graphic Design @ Your Door Step / Laptop Cooling Fan / Clean London Used Sony Vgn-n38e Is For Sale In Lagos SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.