Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? - Foreign Affairs (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (31082 Views)

Beltus Kwene, Cameroonian Soldier That Died Yesterday / Boy Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing In A Cameroonian Village (Graphic Pic) / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 02, 2013
yaounde

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 02, 2013
somewhere in the west

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 02, 2013
Douala

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 02, 2013
Yaounde

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: somewhere in the west
c'est beau cool
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 2:03am On Jul 09, 2013
ivorian225:
c'est beau cool
yeah
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 09, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yp03e3Oy0U&list=RD02zwxEz-3OmGY

Racine Sagath
cool cool coollong live THE BETI NATION
Tchuoooo ça me rappel de bons moment cette chanson,
ton pantalon éééhhh fais quoi cher moi,
dédicace a tous mes amis camer
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 12, 2013
ivorian225:
Tchuoooo ça me rappel de bons moment cette chanson,
ton pantalon éééhhh fais quoi cher moi,
dédicace a tous mes amis camer
shocked shocked wow you know that song? grin grin grin ahaha I loved it , but I was young tho so I really didn't have the right to sing that part grin grin grin.

Anyway speciale dedicace a nos frères Ivoiriens et soeurs Ivoiriennes .

From Betiland to ivory coast with love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9vXv3Vc0B8
cool cool cool
ma din wa
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by AfricanImprov: 4:11am On Aug 15, 2013
I PERSONALLY believe that people shouldn't be arguing about which Sub-Saharan country is better .To be honest countries in Africa are a joke to the rest of the world . Nigeria , Ivory Coast , Ghana , Cameroon , Rwanda , Guinea, Angola etc. all suck and need to improve drastically before they start bashing each other about which country is better. You guys are trying to determine which country is the best out of countries that are at the bottom in today's economy( which is just embarrassing ). People need to start worrying about their own country and what they can do to improve it, before they start criticizing others .

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by AfricanImprov: 4:16am On Aug 15, 2013
My previous statement is a bit off topic , but it all draws back to the Ivory Coast vs. Cameroon argument . A Cameroonian isn't any better than an Ivorian and vice versa . Both countries suck and still have a long way to go! I'm saying this and I'm a Cameroonian, which goes to show that I'm only being logical .
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
You are right..I overreacted anyway
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by yaso(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2013
Hello guys.....am actually tinking of coming to cameroon so see how things work there and generally for visitation......so assuming am coming tru land what do I need to have to avoid any ish that would occur during my visit and stay in cameroon..........and also if deres any doula resident here would love we talk in private
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by igbo2011(m): 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
Why do so many Cameroonians go by their French/ Western names and only speak French and English but not their mother tongue? What is the reason? I noticed that with other Francophone African countries too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 10, 2013
igbo2011: Why do so many Cameroonians go by their French/ Western names and only speak French and English but not their mother tongue? What is the reason? I noticed that with other Francophone African countries too.
so many? how many Cameroonians do u know exactly?(that's for native tongue) as for western names ...this is a lie maybe abroad....in hs , uni, etc everyone use his family name.. from professors to students.

As for seleka.. S.E P.Biya is not a puppet, first of voice is yet to recognize that bastard who calls himself a president in CAR, despite French pressure, he didn't invite him and refused to receive him. last week the border has been closed by the governor of the East region. we deal now with China , Russia ...and it pisses the French frogs. they even tried to destabilize us through the false flag aka kidnapping of their citizens .
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 10, 2013
my friend i'm sorry.. where in Nigeria do u live? i'm asking to know what road u are going to take. anyway whetheru live in the north or the East. Cameroon is a very welcoming country..Nigerians are visas free(90days) .nothing will happen to u ..just abide by the law. last but not the least there is a big Nigerian community in Cameroon. unfortunately i'm not in Douala
yaso: Hello guys.....am actually tinking of coming to cameroon so see how things work there and generally for visitation......so assuming am coming tru land what do I need to have to avoid any ish that would occur during my visit and stay in cameroon..........and also if deres any doula resident here would love we talk in private
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by lepasharon(f): 7:16am On May 15, 2015
Will a cameroun guy fancy a Nigerian girl? tongue
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:19am On May 23, 2015
lepasharon:
Will a cameroun guy fancy a Nigerian girl? tongue

If she is a wife material , yes.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
which system of education is the cameroon education modelled after and why are you guys so brilliant. I heard the cameroon education system is very very tough.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by tpiander: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
when parts of Nigeria and Cameroon were administered as trust territories of both countries, what was the socio-cultural impact?
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
tensazangetsu:
which system of education is the cameroon education modelled after and why are you guys so brilliant. I heard the cameroon education system is very very tough.

Modelled after France and The UK which for me is a big disaster. Why are cameroonian different, I think it has to do with our curious nature and willingness to always learn, most cameroonian care about everything ,since they like to argue they always have to b on top of the information. I went through the system easily, so I don't really know how tough it is but one thing I can say is we are made to study a lot of things in most countries students start philosophy in 12th grade we do so in 10th grade, we have extra languages (L2) which besides English and French that are mandatory subjects, one is forced to pick another languages (Spanish and German) they are planning bto introduce more choices don't know when tho .... Also there are tests and exams basically every 2-3 weeks ..there are also what we call intensive session where during 1 week you only take exams in all your subjects . Etc etc .... Where do you live ?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
tpiander:
when parts of Nigeria and Cameroon were administered as trust territories of both countries, what was the socio-cultural impact?

I don't Cameroon ever administered any Nigerian territory, however Nigeria did , in fact southern cameroon( actual NW & SW regions ) were represented in Nigeria parliament. Well the socio cultural impact is the one of neighboring countries sharing same ethnic nationalities, there is basically no difference near the borders. However in the NW and SW most people ressent Igbos as they were the lords back then and used to humiliate the minorities. Another section of the country which I belong to believe in reconstituting the Kamerun Empire, which includes your Adamawa ,taraba , etc which were illegally given to Nigeria through an illegal referendum , other parts of the sleeping empire include, Gabon equatorial Guinea ,Congo, and CAR .not sure if I answered your question tho

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by tpiander: 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
I thought they voted to become part of Nigeria, when were they illegally given?
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:37am On Oct 10, 2015
tpiander:
I thought they voted to become part of Nigeria, when were they illegally given?

Who gave britain the right to organize that referendum ? In the first place ?
Secondly why did they divide it in two ? Organizing two referendums in the same territory? Everything was illegal in that move, we were under mandate not a colony for Britain to slash our country and send pieces to Nigeria in order to prop up the northern population in Nigeria . if they hadn't divided the territory and organized two referendum the : No ( not joining) Nigeria would have outnumbered the yes ( joining Nigeria )
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by pickabeau1: 4:52am On Oct 10, 2015
Nice thread
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by onila(f): 8:13am On Oct 11, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Who gave britain the right to organize that referendum ? In the first place ?
Secondly why did they divide it in two ? Organizing two referendums in the same territory? Everything was illegal in that move, we were under mandate not a colony for Britain to slash our country and send pieces to Nigeria in order to prop up the northern population in Nigeria . if they hadn't divided the territory and organized two referendum the : No ( not joining) Nigeria would have outnumbered the yes ( joining Nigeria )
how come the English Cameroonians never insulted me in their group

why are they like that

that's the only group, I have never gotten into a fight

as long I was respectful, they were ok

I don't trust them, they were too nice
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by lepasharon(f): 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
What do cameroonians think of Nigerians?
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:23am On Oct 12, 2015
onila:
how come the English Cameroonians never insulted me in their group

why are they like that

that's the only group, I have never gotten into a fight

as long I was respectful, they were ok

I don't trust them, they were too nice
lmfa o, that's because you are not a frog ......but cameroonian in general are very nice people

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by onila(f): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
lmfa o, that's because you are not a frog ......but cameroonian in general are very nice people
why didn't they correct me

at least the French ones corrected me once a while
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nayah(f): 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
lepasharon:
What do cameroonians think of Nigerians?
Since when? Never heard about it especially francophones they don't even think about them
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by onila(f): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2015
Nayah:

Since when? Never heard about it especially francophones they don't even think about them
she meant their view of Nigerians

we all have different stereotypes for people. although we shld judge based on personality and not where the person comes from

just the way, I said English Cameroonians are nice does not mean all Cameroonians are nice

that's what I "think" abt them based on my experience and not because I see them as superior or inferior or really interested in them

I hope you get wink

well both of us, might have interpreted what she said differently

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

France Shuts Down Mosque Over Extremist Sermon / Angela Merkel Wins German Election / 8 School Children Drown In A River In China While Trying To Rescue Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.