Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,780 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi (4463 Views)

NDLEA Arrests 60-year-old Monarch With 12kg Of Cannabis In Nasarawa (photo) / Police Arrest Fake Soldier, Truck-load Of Cannabis (pictured) / Couple Smuggle N3.2M Worth Of Cannabis Concealed In A Car’s Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by mukina2: 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency NDLEA in Kogi, has destroyed over 30 hectares of Cannabis Sativa (Indian hemp) plantation, valued at about N12million.

The plantation is located in a thick forest about 70 kilometres from Ife-Olukotun, Yagba East local government of Kogi.
Speaking to journalists in Lokoja, the commander of the Agency in the state who accompanied the joint NDLEA/Army team on the operation on Wednesday at the farm, Alhaji idris Bello, said the operation followed months of painstaking surveillance to identify location of the farm, monitoring and arrest of the owner.

Bello explained that the discovery and the arrest confirmed his fears that the state had graduated from consumer of cannabis to producer status, stressing that farmer of the dangerous weed was aided by indegenes of the state.
He further lamented that those who worked on the plantation and the person who gave the land where the deadly weed was cultivated could not have come from another place than Kogi state.
The NDLEA boss noted that if the Indian hemp plantation was allowed to grow to maturity, it would have netted about N12million at harvest season.

Daily Post can report that the farm was destroyed in the presence of the suspected owner, one Sunday Olishe from Emu in Ndukwa West Local Government of Delta state, who was earlier arrested by the operatives of NDLEA.
Olishe, 35, stated he started the business about two years ago and had invested over N250,000 in cultivating the expanse of land adding that he paid the sum of N50,000 to one Yomi, the land owner.

Bello called on Kogites, especially the rural dwellers, to report those dealing in hard drugs – the traffickers, cultivators and their barons to law enforcement agents to rid the society of their evil as he described them as enemy of humanities.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/17/ndlea-destroys-30-hectares-cananabis-kogi-state/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=ndlea-destroys-30-hectares-cananabis-kogi-state
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Okijajuju1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2012
I guess its true.. Drugs is what inspires Suicide bombers...

Guess who just joined the Bomb making State.. YES!! Kogi..
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Sijo01(f): 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
That farm was massive and matured.......watched the news on NTA 4pm.
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by DammyFx: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
NIGERIA... SOME PEOPLE COCO FARM IS NO EVEN UP TO THIS
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by ochallo: 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
please how was the farm destroyed, where the weed uprooted or the farm was bombed. LMAO
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Ibangap(m): 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2012
Wow, if dis natural resources d creator blessed us wit can generate such amount of income in such a short period of time, why not legalize it nd see how much growth it will add 2 our economy.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Raphtop(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
What is becoming of kogi state is realy givin me concern o. I just pray God deliver my state, God bles kogi state
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by DICKtator: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
smell da weed in da air!!!!!!! *sniff* *sniff*
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2012
And God created everything and said "It is Good"; Why do we say marijuana is illegal when God says its perfectly okay.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Ninilowo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ibanga p: Wow, if dis natural resources d creator blessed us wit can generate such amount of income in such a short period of time, why not legalize it nd see how much growth it will add 2 our economy.

Easy does it. ANOTHE MEANS IF FOREIGN EXCHANGE.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Ninilowo(m): 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
Give me the lighter; pass me the ganja; quickly roll up the rizzla................................
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria we hail thee
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
See as NDLEA just waste igbo! But I thought it can be used for other things apart from smoking it?
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
Dem for invite boys to the burning ceremony so they can inhale everything

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by tayoccu(m): 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
The ndlea should have done better,
Why not invite the pharmaceutical companies to come buy the crop instead of destroying it?
Since its an active ingredient of some drugs.
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Evansedos: 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
CANNABIS SATIVA / ORYZA SATIVA_KIND OF RELATED TO RICE.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
Evansedos: CANNABIS SATIVA / ORYZA SATIVA_KIND OF RELATED TO RICE.
Yea, both marry each other pretty nice in my stomach on sexy days.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by ebamma(m): 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
na my ganja farm dem go destroy so,i will sue them soon,for tresspassing.
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by DICKtator: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ninilowo:
Easy does it. ANOTHE MEANS IF FOREIGN EXCHANGE.

Yeah, Like the government of mexico,ecuador,COLOMBIA and the state of Panama

grin grin cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria is getting notorious on drugs like the South America.
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Siga: 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
All na medical marijuana...why una burn am down? grin
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Acidosis(m): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
Cannabis is a drug, a beneficial one at that. Some of my mates in school worked on the plant. . .
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by hrhobi1(m): 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
Mi bring out mi stinky rocket launcher and ina d air mi blow the helicopter, machaowww I am mi gnaja planta lorrrd of merci-
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by LordBabs(m): 12:08am On Jul 18, 2012
My people perish for lack of knowledge. . .
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by opoke(m): 1:56am On Jul 18, 2012
grin KOGI BOYS CARRY GO!!! NO WONDER THEY KNOW HOW 2 KILL EACH OTHER "IBIRA" IN PARTICULAR. GOV WADA IS IN CHARGE WE NEED NOT WORRY
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by mecussey(m): 3:08am On Jul 18, 2012
but weed is medically useful and not as harmful as we think but alcohol, why not destroy nigerian breweries as well.
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:18am On Jul 18, 2012
How dem go come waste smoke like that nah?

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by supereagle(m): 5:43am On Jul 18, 2012
30 hectares of Ganja ?
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Ayoobscom(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2012
Rawmaterial to Nigerian brewery and some sweat sparking rice.nawa o..rich vegetables
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by odocity: 7:00am On Jul 18, 2012
thats is a good work by NDLEA Keep it up.
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 18, 2012
Re: NDLEA Destroys 30 Hectares Of Cannabis In Kogi by tayoccu(m): 7:16am On Jul 18, 2012
watch~tower:

story story? they'll secretly sell some to d bad guys to smoke joor

And you think that they haven't sold it to them already?
What they burnt might actually be a small fraction of what they discovered.
If they had to sell to the pharmaceuticals, they will be able to verify the quantity to some extent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Robbery Gang Leader Nabbed And Stripped Naked In Abuja(photos) / LIVE: Tinubu Has Been Chased Away From France By #ENDSARS Protesters (VIDEO) / BIZARRE! Okada Rider Parked On The Road And Died Sitting Up In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.