Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Web Design Trainig Institutte - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design Trainig Institutte (912 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design Trainig Institutte by ade95: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
Pls guys need help on how to be a web designer....pls recommend.a training institute nd pls post ther probable charge
Re: Web Design Trainig Institutte by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
Below are some:

NIIT,
NEW HORIZON
SOFTCITY

Those are some of the Big names(Institute)

My candid advice is to get a professional personal trainer or learn on your own if you can. As most of this companies are after your money and can at best offer you a certificate(Which you can get later on and is not so necessary)

There are some cool experts who could teach you here(Members)
DHTML,
Dual Core,
Pc-Guru
and a host of others. Though i doubt if the above listed may have such time. You can never tell.

I could offer you help too. That's if you want and for the next few weeks. As i am very busy.

Please note the difference between a web designer, developer and a programmer.

So you can have a better knowledge of what you want and what you get!
Re: Web Design Trainig Institutte by ade95: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
Pls wat da difference among web designer,devoper nd programmer 4 beta undastanding b4 we start talking abt payment nd how to start with you
Re: Web Design Trainig Institutte by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
Web design is a broad term covering many different skills and disciplines that are used in the production and maintenance of websites. The different areas of web design include; web graphic design, interface design, authoring; including standardized code and proprietary software, user experience design and search engine optimization.

So the training should contain the following:
HTML,
CSS,
SEO
Web Graphics design(Using Fireworks, Corel or any other one)

With this you will learn how to design good sites that meet with standard.

Web development is a broad term for the work involved in developing a web site for the Internet (World Wide Web) or an intranet (a private network). This can include web design, web content development, client liaison, client-side/server-side scripting, web server and network security configuration, and e-commerce development.
Web development can range from developing the simplest static single page of plain text to the most complex web-based internet applications, electronic businesses, or social network services.

HTML,
CSS
Javascript(Or any other scripting language on the client side)
PHP(Or any other server side programming language)
Working API, module and design patterns for great sites.

A web developer should be able to build any kind of site, from simple to complex(e-commerce, shopping cart, social networking sites, and dedicated software for solving problems or handling tasks in any organization) So you become abreast with programming and design.

Programming is a totally different ball game.

Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding) is the process of designing, writing, testing, debugging, and maintaining the source code of computer programs. This source code is written in one or more programming languages. The purpose of programming is to create a set of instructions that computers use to perform specific operations or to exhibit desired behaviors. The process of writing source code often requires expertise in many different subjects, including knowledge of the application domain, specialized algorithms and formal logic.
Re: Web Design Trainig Institutte by borntolive(m): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
Am a meddle but not full prof ....i think i'll love to impact what i have learnt to you ...i got myself into web developing by self learning and am proud to be among ....i will render the assistance of impacting the HTML & CSS into u if only u are ready to learn ....my mail is this :sir.oladimeji@gmail.com and my facebook id: awosanya borntolive
Re: Web Design Trainig Institutte by Adexy4us(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
In d world of CMS...u dont need to be a geek in coding b4 comng up wit a good website....@adolfhardwarecomputers.com we build softicated websites dat feet in to any Org & to any specs.....in less than two mnths...u wil find ursef buildng good luking sites....Cal femi on 08034114***
Re: Web Design Trainig Institutte by aceblackpearl: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Anyone with idea of training costs at NEW HORIZON ? Trying to make some comparisons .
Re: Web Design Trainig Institutte by Okponee: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Donpuzo: Web design is a broad term covering many different skills and disciplines that are used in the production and maintenance of websites. The different areas of web design include; web graphic design, interface design, authoring; including standardized code and proprietary software, user experience design and search engine optimization.

HTML,
CSS,
SEO

With this you will learn how to design good sites that meet with standard.

Web development is a broad term for the work involved in developing a web site for the Internet (World Wide Web) or an intranet (a private network). This can include web design, web content development, client liaison, client-side/server-side scripting, web server and network security configuration, and e-commerce development.
Web development can range from developing the simplest static single page of plain text to the most complex web-based internet applications, electronic businesses, or social network services.

HTML,
CSS
Javascript(Or any other scripting language on the client side)
PHP(Or any other server side programming language)
Working API, module and design patterns for great sites.

A web developer should be able to build any kind of site, from simple to complex(e-commerce, shopping cart, social networking sites, and dedicated software for solving problems or handling tasks in any organization) So you become abreast with programming and design.

Programming is a totally different ball game.

Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding) is the process of designing, writing, testing, debugging, and maintaining the source code of computer programs. This source code is written in one or more programming languages. The purpose of programming is to create a set of instructions that computers use to perform specific operations or to exhibit desired behaviors. The process of writing source code often requires expertise in many different subjects, including knowledge of the application domain, specialized algorithms and formal logic.
@Donpuzo. How long wd it take for one to learn Web Development and what is the cost? What does it also take for one to get International Certification? I'm into Web design already, but using CMS for now. I wd love to upgrade.
Re: Web Design Trainig Institutte by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
@okpnee.
The job of IT is continious. You learn as you develop more sites and apllications. And learning of course depends on individual pace of understanding. With zeal and constant practice, in 2 or 3 month you could develop cool stuffs. As for certification, you need sound pratical and therotical knowlege. Though each certification has its scope/requirement. Mosty of them will give you what you need to knw on their site and also materials to prepare. As for the cost. Contact me via 08167189898. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Welcome Xatax (new Moderator) / Fresh Email List Available Now! / Google Introduces Google+ Comments To Replace Default Blogger Commenting Sytem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.