Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:24 AM

Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane (34459 Views)

IBB Opens Up On Dele Giwa's Death & 159 Officers On Crashed Plane / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by eghost247(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, Tuesday arrested two top military officers who drove on the dedicated Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) lane, expressing dismay that those who should show the highest form of discipline and professionalism were the ones violating the BRT regulation.

The two military officers, who were accosted on the BRT lane at the Outer Marina in Central Lagos, are Colonel Ki Yusuf who drove in an Army Green Peugeot 406 with registration number BO1 – 150 NA and Staff Sergeant Adeomi A.J. who drove in a black Toyota Camry.

Realizing that the game was up, Colonel Yusuf came down from his car, saluted severally and kept muttering “I am sorry, very, very sorry”, with the Governor enquiring why, as a senior military officer, Yusuf would choose to break the law instead of preserving it.

The arrest drew the attention of commuters and other passers-by who commended the Governor for showing good leadership and expressed joy that the senior military officers got caught in the act at last.

Fielding questions from newsmen after the incident, Governor Fashola described as very unfortunate the fact that those who ought to stand behind in defence of the democratic values of the nation are the ones violating the law.

Governor Fashola, who noted that the highest levels of the Military Command have expressed continuously their commitment to supporting democracy and to subjecting themselves and their officers to the laws of the country, declared, “those officers that I caught today are a very bad example for the military.”

The Governor said he had already made a representation to the superiors of the culprits, expressing optimism that they would be sanctioned appropriately.

He, however, added: “but it signifies my commitment and the commitment of the Lagos State Government that all those who will not comply with our laws should leave our state. We will not back down.

“There is a zero tolerance for lawlessness. There is zero tolerance for breach of our regulations and we are going to do more of this. We are going to take control over our traffic. We cannot build our way out of traffic congestion; our responsibility is to manage traffic and manage congestion.”

Insisting that people must behave themselves, Governor Fashola declared: “I don’t use the BRT lane, I sit down in traffic and I expect everyone who wants to drive his car to do the same. The alternative is to use the bus.

“The bus is for those who cannot afford to buy cars. They have the right also to use the road and we cannot encroach on that lane which we have reserved for them. This is democratisation of the road and I will defend it.”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/17/fashola-arrests-2-army-officers-on-brt-lane/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2012
in own too much self abeg. .e just carry government and Lagos for head like say na him property.

Now that you are angry with my sincere comments throughout this thread.
What will do?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by eghost247(m): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
Acidosis: in own too much self abeg. .e just carry government and Lagos for head like say na him property.
Smh Governor did the right thing yet people still complain

22 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
Acidosis: in own too much self abeg. .e just carry government and Lagos for head like say na him property.
YOU ARE A HOPELESS NIGERIAN. angry

44 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by winnteam(m): 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
angry angry angry Shameless people.
You need to see them on Ikorodu Road in the mornings.
As if they are above the law.
Why did they not beat up the "Bloody Civilian" governor.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by EkoIle1: 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2012

The fact that you are a citizen of Nigeria (that's if you really are)is a curse on Nigeria. It's also a shame and huge disappointment that I share the same nationality with you.

I honestly don't see any Nation progressing with dark and backward characters like you....

60 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by gossips(f): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2012

If you live in Lagos and you do not think that Lagos is your property too, then you need to have a rethink.
It belongs to us all; and that is the reason why you must demand some explanations from anyone, whether a govt official or an ordinary citizen, who does not uphold the law of the state. same applies to Nigeria as a whole.
Until we begin to have this mindset, there might be no hope for this country.

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by menix(m): 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
Dis is humilation 2 NA..
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by eghost247(m): 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2012
menix: Dis is humilation 2 NA..
how?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by tchaik(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2012

Can you hear yourself? You are a very big disappointment to humanity; you have a big soul searching to do (dats if you still have a soul)!
Cover yourself with sack clothes, pour ashes on your head, go to the outskirt of Lagos and start wailing for forgiveness!
Tufiakwa cry cry cry

17 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
Fashola for President!

Is he interested in presidency at all? Because if he is, I will vote for this man and [b]SLAP [/b]whoever does not. Fact angry

Nothing like "but it's my choice naw".
Look what "your choice" has put on the presidency sit since last year or so.

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
For every persons that insulted me based on my previous comments- y'all are fool.ish.
Is it the work of a Governor to arrest people on the road? Why was this made public in the first place. The man has a thing for the military and I know it. The other day, He insulted Mr President with his commanding tune just because GEJ ordered the military into your streets to save you people from your own breeded hoodlums.

O you shallow minded people, look beyond your nose, i.diotz. Why can't he use his agbada and masquerade clothed civilian fellows in government as examples? Why the military?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
Why couldn't the same GEJ send the soldiers to where they were needed?
Last I read, they were the ones killing peaceful protesters.

GEJ was busy flexing [b]military [/b]muscle at "essentially" PEACEFUL PROTESTERS while the bokos were having a field day bombing the heck out of and shooting out northern cities leaving only local police to deal with them.
The one police should do, he gave to soldier. The one soldier should be doing, he gave to police. If that whole episode was a JAMB question, your president scored zero there.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 11:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
chipmunkey: YOU ARE A HOPELESS NIGERIAN. angry

YOU ARE A USELESS NIGERIAN.

My hope is not built on Nigeria. But yours is on Fashola and Lagos. I.d.i.o.t

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Abdeyaz: 11:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
So essentially, all you saw is that the army officer was disgraced, not that he broke the law.

I see. Na your type full that country.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 12:00am On Jul 18, 2012

tchaik:

Can you hear yourself? You are a very big disappointment to humanity; you have a big soul searching to do (dats if you still have a soul)!
Cover yourself with sack clothes, pour ashes on your head, go to the outskirt of Lagos and start wailing for forgiveness!
Tufiakwa cry cry cry

Oga take it easy, don't kill yourself with bitterness because of Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by wesley80(m): 12:01am On Jul 18, 2012
You are a mongrel.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by manny4life(m): 12:03am On Jul 18, 2012
I will say the truth, let the truth set me free. Although I've criticized this man like I've done, but in this one, I WILL GIVE IT TO HIM. This is what I call discipline. If we have to move forward, we have to hold each other accountable, and that's exactly what he has done. Kudos to Mr governor, you've set a good precedent for others... smiley smiley smiley

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 12:08am On Jul 18, 2012
manny4life: I will say the truth, let the truth set me free. Although I've criticized this man like I've done, but in this one, I WILL GIVE IT TO HIM. This is what I call discipline. If we have to move forward, we have to hold each other accountable, and that's exactly what he has done. Kudos to Mr governor, you've set a good precedent for others... smiley smiley smiley

SO it is right for him to break several laws on the other lane because he wanted to catch a law breaker on the BRT lane?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by wesley80(m): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2012
>
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by wesley80(m): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: For every persons that insulted me based on my previous comments- y'all are fool.ish.
Is it the work of a Governor to arrest people on the road? Why was this made public in the first place. The man has a thing for the military and I know it. The other day, He insulted Mr President with his commanding tune just because GEJ ordered the military into your streets to save you people from your own breeded hoodlums.

O you shallow minded people, look beyond your nose, i.diotz. Why can't he use his agbada and masquerade clothed civilian fellows in government as examples? Why the military?
Shut your mouth you blabbering mor0n! How many police officers have the courage to intercept a military vehicle how much more one that belongs to a high ranking officer? How many sitting Governors even have that courage? Instead of applauding the governors courage you're running your mouth like a 2year old as if bearbear neva already cover your nyash. What has setting a good example to all citizens got to do with the protest over subsidy? Mumu incorporated.

15 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2012
wesley80: You are a mongrel.

oh you silly mongol!

Isn't this funny in your cotten wool covered ear drum? A governor publicly arrested military men just because they drove on a wrong route. How about the civilians looting your money? ? How about that I ask you

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis:

oh you silly mongol!

Isn't this funny in your cotten wool covered ear drum? A governor publicly arrested military men just because they drove on a wrong route. How about the civilians looting your money? ? How about that I ask you

...Your point?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by eghost247(m): 12:15am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: For every persons that insulted me based on my previous comments- y'all are fool.ish.

you are going off topic

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by EkoIle1: 12:16am On Jul 18, 2012
Keywords>>>

“I don’t use the BRT lane, I sit down in traffic and I expect everyone who wants to drive his car to do the same.

How many leaders obey traffic laws, sits in traffic without sirens or mopol just like the average man?

You and your leaders have a lot to learn from this man...

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by wesley80(m): 12:16am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

SO it is right for him to break several laws on the other lane because he wanted to catch a law breaker on the BRT lane?
What other laws did he break?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 12:17am On Jul 18, 2012
2buff:

...Your point?

let the arrest start from the government house. Thats my point.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 12:19am On Jul 18, 2012
wesley80: Shut your mouth you blabbering mor0n! How many police officers have the courage to intercept a military vehicle how much more one that belongs to a high ranking officer? How many sitting Governors even have that courage? Instead of applauding the governors courage you're running your mouth like a 2year old as if bearbear neva already cover your nyash. What has setting a good example to all citizens got to do with the protest over subsidy? Mumu incorporated.

SO it is wrong to grant those Military officers, who are willing and ready to defend our failed country with their lives, just a little privilege like driving on an empty BRT lane . . . is that too much to ask for? Too much privilege to grant these officers? Really?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 12:23am On Jul 18, 2012
wesley80: What other laws did he break?

So stopping your car in the middle of the road,impeding the flow of traffic and causing a reckless or dangerous situation, is right in your retardeddd mind?

Fashola is just as guilty as the officer
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by wesley80(m): 12:24am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

SO it is wrong to grant those Military officers, who are willing and ready to defend our failed country with their lives, just a little privilege like driving on an empty BRT lane . . . is that too much to ask for? Too much privilege to grant these officers? Really?

I feel like giving you a very dirty slap on your left ear - I mean the type that'll have your ear producing milk every morning for one week. Privi-wetin? If I hear that word for your mouth again!

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by eghost247(m): 12:26am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

Nobody is Above the law

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Who Is Hon. Abdulmuminn Jibrin? Read His Profile / How Lagos Made History With Virtual Exco Meeting / Frank Mba Appointed As New Lagos Police Commissioner, Owohunwa For Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.