Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis (13801 Views)

NEW MUSIC: Kelly Hansome – Baba Olowo (download) / Download And Play Kelly Hansome – Baba Olowo / Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: The Genesis (album Track Listing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by ayex2013: 7:01am On Jul 18, 2012

The highly anticipated OBO; Genesis album just hit the local market few hours ago and I have 3 tracks off the album already to share with you guys.

Taken off the OBO; Genesis” album, here is the first track titled All Of You the track is on a raggae tip and I must commend this is far more than what I was expecting, thumbs up to the youngster on this. On this track is Davido giving a shout out to some of the people he respected and that have been part of his success, including; almighty God, 2baba, Psquare, koko master (Dbanj), HKN, his girlfriend, his manager and all his fans as well.
He claimed the legendary 2baba is on the track, but I didn’t have a smell of him on the track though he did a very good job on mimicking 2baba, but I “personally” don’t think its the real 2baba on the the joint but Davido mimicking him.

Link: All Of You- 3.8mb

The second track to be dropped on NGTrends.com off the album is titled Bless me FT May D. This is also a nice song with a very cool melody, at least better than what I was expecting. The Square Records artiste, May D did his thing and was on point” on the beat.

Link: Bless Me FT May D- 4.0mb

Finally I will be dropping the third track off the OBO album, track titled “Down”. Davido titled the song “Down” but I think he meant actually Da wun (Meaning Be quick in English) because he talked about a girl he is supposedly dating, and how he wants her right now and she should “da wun” aka da mi loun in yoruba. Now you get right? Cool  .

Link: Down- 3.7mb

Culled From: http://ngtrends.com/2012/07/album-sneak-peak-davido-bless-me-ft-may-d-down-all-of-you/
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by ayex2013: 7:29am On Jul 18, 2012
D Album is jst on point..
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Afam4eva(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2012
I usually don't follow the album of artsiste except it's a P Square or 2face. I think one song from the album is enough for me.

2 Likes

Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by inspirenet: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2012
ayex2013: D Album is jst on point..

smiley
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Pelumiv(m): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2012
Truelly OBO, Omo Baba Olowo. The guy is trying its just that he repeat a verse too many times.
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by umarloko(m): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2012
thumbs up bozz smiley smiley smiley
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 18, 2012
Davido is gud.i like his music ,but i don't knw y i don't like his persona...maybe sequel to d ugly stories av heard abt him cos pride is emphatically my turnoff

1 Like

Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by megxo(m): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2012
Pelumiv: Truelly OBO, Omo Baba Olowo. The guy is trying its just that he repeat a verse too many times.
ah tot i was d only person noticing dat.........
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by double08(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2012
Thought B'jamb sorry D'Banj signed him but I can't find the def jam africa imprint on this album cover undecided and the photo shop is too much,don't like his personae but like a couple of his song and like someone said already he repeats his verse too many times,wont buy the album ,will wait and download the song i like online and for free angry

1 Like

Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by sydney01(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2012
Plss wah does omo baba olowo mean?
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by jeffizy(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2012
I give it to davido in terms of good and clean videos. Also,his diverse songs are great.
Wizzy should borrow a leaf from him and stop sounding acerbic in all his songs.
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by reportnaija(m): 10:29am On Jul 18, 2012
Wow... Nice one from him....welcome daivido
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Dotman01(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2012
Pelumiv: Truelly OBO, Omo Baba Olowo. The guy is trying its just that he repeat a verse too many times.
thats the result of listening to psqaure
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Dotman01(m): 10:43am On Jul 18, 2012
sydney01: Plss wah does omo baba olowo mean?

1.the child of a rich man.
2. O.B.O = p.u.55¥
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Ejine(m): 10:47am On Jul 18, 2012

Son of a rich man. Something like that.

The album is okay, I guess.
It's not the sort of thing I'd rush out to buy; It's not the sort of thing I'd avoid if I heard it playing on the radio either.

It's just there.
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Kolade9(m): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2012
d pikin of papa mr money..... grin grin grin
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by born2boink(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2012
But OBO means pussy in yoruba name
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2012
Davido
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Abyjah: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2012
double08: Thought B'jamb sorry D'Banj signed him but I can't find the def jam africa imprint on this album cover undecided and the photo shop is too much,don't like his personae but like a couple of his song and like someone said already he repeats his verse too many times,wont buy the album ,will wait and download the song i like online and for free angry
You get your bandwith free aswell?
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by KINGwax(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2012
double08: Thought B'jamb sorry D'Banj signed him but I can't find the def jam africa imprint on this album cover...
u need to priortise your thinkin, dbanj's record label is DB records and not def jam. Ugh?
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Pelumiv(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2012
Dotman01: thats the result of listening to psqaure

LOL.

born2fuck: But OBO means pussy in yoruba name

OBO (omo baba olowo) no go kill u oooooooo.
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by purefella(m): 11:50am On Jul 18, 2012
Nice 1 davido
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by scribble: 11:57am On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva: I usually don't follow the album of artsiste except it's a P Square or 2face. I think one song from the album is enough for me.

davido is a yoruba boy, deal with it

1 Like

Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Jul 18, 2012
scribble:

davido is a yoruba boy, deal with it
I don't get

2 Likes

Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by double08(m): 11:59am On Jul 18, 2012
KINGwax: u need to priortise your thinkin, dbanj's record label is DB records and not def jam. Ugh?

Can you kindly tell me what DB means and while you are doing that,check out this link

http://www.notjustok.com/2012/05/19/dbanj-president-of-the-newly-formed-def-jam-africa-signs-davido/

and while you are doing that I suggest you prioritize your thinking and go wax your d.ick angry
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
Lovely Album. Solid.
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by utch(m): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
please when does the songs start playing? the auto tune sounds are annoying!
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by ANYPEN(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
It's a strategy to make the tune quickly sink. No content as usual. Unlike 2baba that always have thick content & a chorus so melodious that it wouldn't need too many repetition before it sinks.
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by sogoisrael(m): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
OBO could mean different things I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Yoruba! It could mean Monkey, pussy or loss! I hope his name ain't influencing him cos some of his songs are OP-- off point
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by born2boink(m): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
OBO means pussy, incase of monkey, the doubl O will have dot underneat
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by PlayLover: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
Re: Davido – Omo Baba Olowo: (OBO) - The Genesis by PlayLover: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO: 2baba – Coded Tinz Ft. Phyno, Chief Obi / [VIDEO] Patoranking – No Kissing Baby Ft. Sarkodie / Abdul Kamal Asks Court To Compel BBC To Pay Him ₦120M As Damage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.