Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Admission Into Austrian Universities. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Admission Into Austrian Universities. (20030 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / I Need To Book Appointment In Austrian Embassy Abuja, Can Any One Help Please? / How Do You Get A Visa Appointment @ Austrian Embassy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by justwise(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2012
ghettodreamz: @olasdot;
Thank you for the updates meanwhile have you or anyone you know done the Austria processing before that requires the lawyer visiting all the addresses you provided on your documents? Which of the Austrian Uni have you applied to before? Have you been offered admission yet? Or have you been given student visa yet? Is there any better way we could talk about this, are you on the yahoo messenger, maybe we can chat?or you can drop me yours and we will talk more, thank you in anticipation.

Why are you so quick to drop your email address here for private chat? What is so secret that you can share here?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by ghettodreamz(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2012
@justwise;
Mr moderator, why do you keep getting people intentions twisted, I mean no harm to anyone dropping my email, besides I was the one to be worried about the consequences of me dropping my email, I'm not a kid and don't need to be told how to go about things that has to do with my life, if you go about nailing people down then I see problem with NL. I used to be a member of several forums in the past and I don't think if the moderators of those forums were so quick in judging the intentions of their members, then lot of people would have forgone their membership. By the way,I thought NL was meant for disseminating information, how come people aren't allowed to share idea on a private chat if they want to, must everything be made public to other members of the forum? Yes, I needed info, and he has been helpful in sharing some with me, the willingness of pursuing a further conversation with him outside the forum should be at my own risk. I don't think everybody need you looking down on them, I for one I don't appreciate that idea of you Mr, not everyone that's willing to drop email contact in pursuant of information have interior motives here, that's why Nigeria is not growing because we are so negative minded and we seem to have loss trust in one another which is a bad omen and would def undermine the progress of a nation at large. Pls, don't keep jumping into conclusion about people without a good evidence, I mean no harm to anyone here and I'm old and experienced enough to detect scam if I see one coming, kindly unlock my email and let olasdot be able to contact me, I have some other info I needed from him personally that he might not want to talk about on here, which I might not be willing to ask in the forum too, not all clothes you spread under the sun, if you are a Yoruba man you should know what that implies.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by justwise(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2012
ghettodreamz: @justwise;
Mr moderator, why do you keep getting people intentions twisted, I mean no harm to anyone dropping my email, besides I was the one to be worried about the consequences of me dropping my email, I'm not a kid and don't need to be told how to go about things that has to do with my life, if you go about nailing people down then I see problem with NL. I used to be a member of several forums in the past and I don't think if the moderators of those forums were so quick in judging the intentions of their members, then lot of people would have forgone their membership. By the way,I thought NL was meant for disseminating information, how come people aren't allowed to share idea on a private chat if they want to, must everything be made public to other members of the forum? Yes, I needed info, and he has been helpful in sharing some with me, the willingness of pursuing a further conversation with him outside the forum should be at my own risk. I don't think everybody need you looking down on them, I for one I don't appreciate that idea of you Mr, not everyone that's willing to drop email contact in pursuant of information have interior motives here, that's why Nigeria is not growing because we are so negative minded and we seem to have loss trust in one another which is a bad omen and would def undermine the progress of a nation at large. Pls, don't keep jumping into conclusion about people without a good evidence, I mean no harm to anyone here and I'm old and experienced enough to detect scam if I see one coming, kindly unlock my email and let olasdot be able to contact me, I have some other info I needed from him personally that he might not want to talk about on here, which I might not be willing to ask in the forum too, not all clothes you spread under the sun, if you are a Yoruba man you should know what that implies.

What do you call sharing info? if everybody here take their ideas offline you will not have anything here to read, this forum is about sharing ideas, debating ideals openly, not dropping or collecting emails addresses for private chat.
We can as well block this thread because there is no need for it again since you want to share your idea in private.

I don't want you to lure other people who want to contribute openly here offline, that was why i hide your post, i did not hide it because i'm trying to protect you from fraud, no, i don't care if you get defrauded, its your call.

I just don't want you to kill the spirit of sharing ideas openly.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by ghettodreamz(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2012
Man there are better ways of going about that, not just doing things cuz you believe you have the power to, I am not against other people benefiting from the thread, that's not my intention don't get my motive twisted around. I don't need your help in fishing out a scam, you don't take sand to the beach, all I need here is vital information no string attached, and don't mind sharing with others too. Freely we have received, freely we will always give.

1 Like

Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by double08(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
Justwise why you hiding these posts now?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2012
double08: Justwise why you hiding these posts now?

They need to be hidden.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by ghettodreamz(m): 11:13am On Sep 02, 2012
@double08;

How far mate? Just wondering, have you been offered admission by the Uni Vienna yet? I contacted them few days ago on their email asking for more information about the right time to apply for next year summer semester, since application for admission into the Winter semester is just few days to end, but I haven't heard a word from them just yet. Meanwhile, I would like to know if you have any idea as to when to apply for the school's Summer semester for admission, your timely comment would be highly appreciated, thanks.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by double08(m): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2012
ghettodreamz: @double08;

How far mate? Just wondering, have you been offered admission by the Uni Vienna yet? I contacted them few days ago on their email asking for more information about the right time to apply for next year summer semester, since application for admission into the Winter semester is just few days to end, but I haven't heard a word from them just yet. Meanwhile, I would like to know if you have any idea as to when to apply for the school's Summer semester for admission, your timely comment would be highly appreciated, thanks.

I did not apply for any of the uni's in Vienna,the one I applied for is in a different State,Am still on it,in the process of verifying my docs @ the embassy before I send them down to the school hopefully and by Gods grace they will grant me admission,its a long process and capital intensive I would advise you start the process 8-6 months before the admission deadline date.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by ghettodreamz(m): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2012
@ double08;

Thanks for the response. Of course, I know Austria processing is a very rigorous one, time and money consuming. I'm trying to look into other options for now, and hopefully I should be able to come up with a good decision pretty soon with the help of God. It's one thing to travel abroad, it's another thing to make it and be successful, I hope you understand where I'm driving at with that. All the same, I wish you all d very best in your endeavours 2wds procuring the admission and visa.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by roksonalan: 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hello the school i am applying for in Austria request i legalize my Neco certificate at the Austria embassy before they can give me admission in the university. Please how much does it cost to legalize just my Neco at the Austrian embassy Abuja? Anybody with information
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by double08(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
roksonalan: Hello the school i am applying for in Austria request i legalize my Neco certificate at the Austria embassy before they can give me admission in the university. Please how much does it cost to legalize just my Neco at the Austrian embassy Abuja? Anybody with information

8100 depending on the exchange rate
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Beehandz(m): 11:33am On Feb 15, 2013
I will like to inquire some informations from you about Austrian University especially University of Leoben (Montan Universitat). I intend studying M.Sc Petroleum Engineering.
I will like to know how you went about certififing the following: Birthday certificate, citizenship & bachelors degree certificate and most importantly how much it cost.

Also, what do they mean by citizenship? What document are they referring to pls.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by double08(m): 2:52am On Apr 12, 2013
Beehandz: I will like to inquire some informations from you about Austrian University especially University of Leoben (Montan Universitat). I intend studying M.Sc Petroleum Engineering.
I will like to know how you went about certififing the following: Birthday certificate, citizenship & bachelors degree certificate and most importantly how much it cost.

Also, what do they mean by citizenship? What document are they referring to pls.

You will have to verify them at the Mins of Edu and Mins of Foreign Affairs. You will also pay 120K at the austrian embassy for verification too. Cheers smiley
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by holuphisayor(m): 11:25am On Apr 12, 2013
roksonalan: Hello the school i am applying for in Austria request i legalize my Neco certificate at the Austria embassy before they can give me admission in the university. Please how much does it cost to legalize just my Neco at the Austrian embassy Abuja? Anybody with information

Legalisation would cost u around 40euros per document.
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by loverencha: 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
Please, does anyone know how long it takes the Austrian ministry in Austria to finish processing applications for residence permit? The Austrian embassy already sent my application for residence permit to the Austrian ministry in Austria and I have not heard from them, this is one month now... Please, who knows how long this takes for residence permit application? This Austrian application stuff is soooo long and complicated, from foreign affairs, to ministry of education to legalization to lawyer to verification..(I've done them all) I don tire... I think I am beginning to grow white hair(lol) and I hope I don't get hypertension or high blood pressure!! haha.. I hope my efforts have not been in vein ohh!! Because I already did all the embassy asked for.. But why is it taking so long time to get answer from the Austrian ministry if my residence permit has been granted or not. Anybody with useful information should please contribute. Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
Since the almighty Justwise said we should move to this thread, let's do it then !
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Please i do have a Question guys... On the Austria Application form.. What did they mean by this

1. [size=14pt]Month and year of general qualification for university entrance[/size]
2. [size=14pt]Issuing state of general qualification for university entrance[/size]
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
ger_gemam: Please i do have a Question guys... On the Austria Application form.. What did they mean by this
1. [size=14pt]Month and year of general qualification for university entrance[/size]
2. [size=14pt]Issuing state of general qualification for university entrance[/size]
Where did you get the "Austria application form"? From the consulate at Abuja?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2014
Juvante:
Where did you get the "Austria application form"? From the consulate at Abuja?

No ooo, I'm applying for a Degree Course there at Vienna University of Tech so nah wetin dey the application form be that
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2014
ger_gemam:

No ooo, I'm applying for a Degree Course there at Vienna University of Tech so nah wetin dey the application form be that
From my understanding, they are asking for year of graduation, and the school 's location
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 9:01am On Jul 03, 2014
Juvante:
From my understanding, they are asking for year of graduation, and the school 's location

okay.... thanks Bruva.. i really appreciate
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 03, 2014
Do I need to certify my results, legalise them before applying to any austrian universities?

I'm eyeing MSc in Engineering

Thanks
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2014
Soyedele1: Do I need to certify my results, legalise them before applying to any austrian universities?

I'm eyeing MSc in Engineering

Thanks

Just legalization u need and it's gonna cost you 360,000 NGN for processing.. Just contact the Uni, u wished to go
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by tlk2Prince(m): 11:13am On Jul 03, 2014
@juvante watsup wichu!!
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
@Tlk2prince,Nice to hear from you! All our research and discussion of four months have been destroyed in the Nairaland "bomb" blast!
Anyway, I have secured several offers of accommodation but a friend offered that I use as house address for my accommodation, so it saved me the stress of securing a student contract and transferring deposit.
I contacted the Consulate about the list of accepted insurance companies in Nigeria. They replied that they don't choose for applicants. So, I am going to choose between IGI and AIICO, based on cost.
What's left is just to renew my police character report ( based on hearsay, about 7- 10k), certify it at Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1k per page, for express ), and submit to the Consulate ( 50k for verification ) and perhaps two weeks later, return to pay for legalisation (40 euros). I will do that before this month runs out, DEO VOLENTE ET JUVANTE!
I will apply for visa next month end cos of my bank account statement. They require a 3 months statement, no money lodgement !
How far with ur agent in Austria ?
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by Juvante(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
ger_gemam:

okay.... thanks Bruva.. i really appreciate
When I said school, I meant your secondary school ( if you are applying for undergraduate studies) or your university ( if you are going for masters studies).
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by tlk2Prince(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
Juvante: @Tlk2prince,Nice to hear from you! All our research and discussion of four months have been destroyed in the Nairaland "bomb" blast!
Anyway, I have secured several offers of accommodation but a friend offered that I use as house address for my accommodation, so it saved me the stress of securing a student contract and transferring deposit.
I contacted the Consulate about the list of accepted insurance companies in Nigeria. They replied that they don't choose for applicants. So, I am going to choose between IGI and AIICO, based on cost.
What's left is just to renew my police character report ( based on hearsay, about 7- 10k), certify it at Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1k per page, for express ), and submit to the Consulate ( 50k for verification ) and perhaps two weeks later, return to pay for legalisation (40 euros). I will do that before this month runs out, DEO VOLENTE ET JUVANTE!
I will apply for visa next month end cos of my bank account statement. They require a 3 months statement, no money lodgement !
How far with ur agent in Austria ?

Ok Bro nice to hear how far u'have gone so positive with ur process.. Am still on mine fa like coz its more like almost all the skuls in Austria now demand for a letter from a universiy if so den jamb is involved.... Anyway am still on it
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by sCross: 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Juvante: @Tlk2prince,Nice to hear from you! All our research and discussion of four months have been destroyed in the Nairaland "bomb" blast!

You should try www.cornerstone.com.ng for your travel insurance. Those guys deliver in a day
Re: Admission Into Austrian Universities. by gergemam: 11:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Juvante:
When I said school, I meant your secondary school ( if you are applying for undergraduate studies) or your university ( if you are going for masters studies).

This Austria of thing is too long jare.. so stressful, see wetin dem send me

The following documents are to be submitted:
1.Completed and signed application form

2.Proof of General University Entrance Qualification (officially legalised original documents or officially legalised copies, both withofficially translation)

3.Proof of German Knowledge

4.Proof of Special University Entrance Qualification (officially legalised original documents or officially legalised copies, both withofficially translation)Proof of Special University Entrance Qualification is not required in the following cases:

•Citizens of EU and EEA countries with a proof of general university entrance qualification irrespective of the country of is-sue;

•Persons who have had their centre of interest in Austria during five continuous years prior to application or who have a per-son, who meets this requirement, obliged to maintain them. Obligation arises for spouses and for parents of children. You have to prove this by submitting a confirmation of registration in Austria, a confirmation of social insurance of the last five years of yourself, your parent or spouse (as a proof of means of subsistence; periods of self-insurance, will not be accepted) and either your birth certificate (parents) or the wedding certificate (spouse).

•Persons who enjoy immunities and privileges in Austria according to regulations under the Austrian Independence Treaty(Staatsvertrag) or under Austrian law (diplomatic staff) as well as their spouses and children (proof: Legitimationskarte/).

•Convention refugees or persons who have a permission to stay in Austria according to the Asylum Act (proof: a valid “Asyl-karte” and the notification of the responsible refugee board)

•Persons who have obtained a secondary school leaving certificate from an Austrian school abroad (Austrian schoolsabroad are for example: St.-Georgs-Kolleg in Istanbul);

•Non-Austrian journalists accredited in Austria with their main working interest in Austria as well as their spouses and chil-dren.

•Persons who receive a study grant according to regulations under the Austrian Independence Treaty or who receive such agrant provided by an Austrian federal, state or local authority

5.Students wishing to continue studies commenced elsewhere at the Vienna University of Technology are required to providea current Iist of the subjects and grades of all examinations taken in the course of previously studies.

6.Applicant’s passport copy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Obudu / One Killed As Dangote Truck Damages Two Cars In Magodo, Lagos / Third Mainland Bridge Repair Update: First Phase Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.