Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return (9002 Views)

Arunma Oteh Appointed World Bank VP / Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Ptimes: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2012

Staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Wednesday morning, held a protest against the pending reinstatement of the suspended Director General of commission, Arunma Oteh.

Work was disrupted for more than one hour as words filtered to the workers that the Federal Government was planning to return Ms. Oteh to her position, and that she was billed to resume on Wednesday morning

Wielding placards with various inscriptions like 'Say No to Oteh's return,' the staff, by the leadership of the workers' union, marched through the premises to the commission, and the adjoining street, before they were prevailed upon by the acting Director General to suspend the action.

The union leaders are at the moment locked in a closed door meeting with the management.

A team of security operatives from the State Security Service, who arrived the SEC premises at about 10a.m. Wednesday morning in two operation vehicles, are still stationed at the entrances of the commission’s headquarters.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/6115-breaking_news_sec_staff_protest_against_oteh_s_return.html
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
Its like the prospective new Oga kpatakpata has bought some people bags of salt to protest for him.....Its much more like Iwu fans demostrating
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by EPOMA(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
goodluck refuses to let go any fine lady for government, this woman and allison suppose go
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by ibsmooth: 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
VIVA NAIJA.PDP @ IT AGAIN
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
emm, hope they wont get sacked
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by jennyb2: 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
may d mystery of d tower of babel be d portion of our so called leaders in dis country. since dey have formed a cabal in order to destroy dis nation!

1 Like

Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Some people no get shame oo. Oga just left for few weeks and the staff has already collected tom tom from the new oga as bribe to support him.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
EPOMA: goodluck refuses to let go any fine lady for government, this woman and allison suppose go
No, people protest when the see forces of change. These people you mention are the people who are best brains and have tens of years of experiences on those areas, and the corrupt forces sponsor smear actions against them so they can have their way. Change has come to stay, FRESH AIR!!

2 Likes

Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by alaoeri: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ppl protesting should take it easy, she might do & undo if she finally get τ̲̅ȍ the seat.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by tunapawizzy: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
very much expected. GEJ shouldnt av brought that woman back...clearly she has a strained working relationship with her staffs the public hearing showed dat. If u cant manage d people working under u, den u r a failure already. To make matters worse d revolt is unanimous, if everyone doesnt like u den u r d one with a big problem

1 Like

Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Otseh: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
Arumah has no integrety. If she has, she shouldn't have accepted to come.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Guyman02: 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2012
This 35% women in government thing led by Madam Umblela is getting out of hand. First Muktar appointed CJN (on merit) Madam Umlela herself appointed Perm Sec (Hmmm) Diezani involved in subsidy scam and now rewarded with chaiman of NNPC board. Arunma going back to SEC after destroying our share certificates with her friend Okereke Onyiuke. Hey Whats going on here.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by magaliyu(f): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
By the time madam settles down in office,those protesting staff are in trouble,because she dont give a damn.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by mooninsun(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
What does she want again at that post that she hasn't gotten? She asked for Sun but derive moon,what else? What does she want again at that post that she hasn't gotten? She asked for Sun but derive moon,what else? What does she want again at that post that she hasn't gotten? She asked for Sun but derive moon,what else?
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by slick1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
EPOMA: goodluck refuses to let go any fine lady for government, this woman and allison suppose go
ur brain don leak finish i guess
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by bumps(m): 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2012
IVA NAIJA.PDP @ IT AGAIN. What is it abt PDP,all our leaders re involve in this corruption tin or wats is the diff btw tinubu and obj
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Inyinese(m): 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
some people self
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by amuukwu1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
hmmm..interesting. The best time to make money. If I was a player in the NSE, I'd stock up immediately. Because im sure because of her return plus the protest, the all share index will plummet, share prices will go down. And the next would be, the govt will take action, give speeches to restore investors confidence and by that, the index/share prices will go up again to the normal/above the former price. You all are seeing trouble, I'm seeing a chance to make quick/cool bucks. grin grin
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by TBD(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
Let her get back to the position all them pretesting go hear wue.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
cry ;Dfucku shit, d woman shd be allowed to finish her tenure in office
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Dansadaumallam(m): 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2012
When I learnt that madam oteh is back I was overjoyed bc her appointment was a change game in the status quo bt those guys at V.I and kano would rather mess her up than see SEC com to global standard.
My pity goes to those who where protesting bc madam is mean and she would deal with them roughly.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by IleIfe2(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by tit(f): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
These sec staff no get shame!
I bet the guy that approved the bribe proposal to hembe follow dey protest too.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by DExplorer1: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
jenny b: may d mystery of d tower of babel be d portion of our so called leaders in dis country. since dey have formed a cabal in order to destroy dis nation!

You must be a very good church-goer.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Elueme: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
Madam Harvard come back to your position joor.. All the evil forces against your reinstatement to continue your good work will fall like bag of salt....this acting DJ could be a suspect in sponsoring this chicken protest...
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Elueme: 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ile-Ife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW1nkkmJYmQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param
These unionists seem being used and I pity the protagonists cos other go use them grind pepper... The woman was absolve of the accusation, so what do they mean by due process? She has not resumed, just that they heard she might be called back... Cows
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
I swear that woman is Hot, is she still married>>>>
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by ebamma(m): 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
this woman is still bleepable,im not shocked if presido jonathan has tested her kitty and that changed his mind.

1 Like

Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
heh

of course they will protest - who knows what kind of boss the woman is - anybody who did not call to show solidrity may soon find themselves unemployed
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Caseless: 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2012
e no easy 2 let go of such women. Those are in-house sex care givers. U dnt Gej as a leader 2 start goin abt lookin 4 konji receptacle.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by Caseless: 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
e no easy 2 let go of such women. Those are in-house sex care givers. U dnt xpkt Gej as a leader 2 go abt lookin 4 konji receptacle.
Elueme: Madam Harvard come back to your position joor.. All the evil forces against your reinstatement to continue your good work will fall like bag of salt....this acting DJ could be a suspect in sponsoring this chicken protest...
e no easy 2 let go of such women. Those are in-house sex care givers. U dnt xpkt Gej as a leader 2 go abt lookin 4 konji receptacle.
Re: SEC Staff Protest Against Arunma Oteh's Return by chiefbatiatus(m): 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
Funny enough the IT company I worked in did job of almost N200m last year at sec and bliv me we didn't know anybody there and when we finished we got paid and the woman hasn't looked at our face till today oh! Many IT firms participated oh my people because she initiated total infrastructural turnaround of more tham N1billion, yet no IT was asked to settle oh! My people God will never stop punishing nigerians for bringing good people here all to disgrace them oh! It is northern muslims in sec that are fighting her oh! I dey pain them say she has never married and has no time. She does not keep airs around her and carries her bag herself oh! U need to see how the last DG wrecked that place oh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi / APC To Fayose: You Can’t Escape Scrutiny In Bailout Disbursement / More Niger Delta Patriots Tell Nnamdi Kanu To Stick Biafra In His A****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.