Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308178 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 6:36am On Dec 28, 2012
Pls can someone help me wit some list of gud schools that I can apply for the next semester , and which of the exams shud I take ?Sat, Gre,toel,Gmat etc, I gradtd wit 3.63 @uniport(BA IN ENGLISH) @gurus in d house need some help here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 28, 2012
eduson002: Congrats!
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 28, 2012
kpolli:

Congrats bro
Thanks bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 28, 2012
ferdimako:

I would love that ur school against Ms,Computer Science.Was it hard to be admitted, I still have a semester to my B.sc How did u pay for ur SEVIS? All the best and congratulations.
My guy, its not that hard getting admitted here as long as you meet the required standard for their admission. My friend there in Texas helped in the SEVIS payment.
Hope this help. U can further contact me if the need arises.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 28, 2012
walex57:
Congrats bro...welcome on board
Thanks buddy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 28, 2012
jimtosam:

Congrats.
THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2012
House,
I got my visa yesterday and tomorrow is my wedding. Isnt this a double barrel blessing?. I bet it is. I want to request the school to give me like a week to resume late. I gat spend honeymoon with my jewel na..Resumption is 8th jan cos of orientation. I dey think make i report on 14th. Anybody can give me the cheapest flight from Lagos to Chicago or any other affordable route?

One love.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2012
yemdeb: House,
I got my visa yesterday and tomorrow is my wedding. Isnt this a double barrel blessing?. I bet it is. I want to request the school to give me like a week to resume late. I gat spend honeymoon with my jewel na..Resumption is 8th jan cos of orientation. I dey think make i report on 14th. Anybody can give me the cheapest flight from Lagos to Chicago or any other affordable route?

One love.
Indeed it is a massive blessing.congrats once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Gud morning every one.pls i want to ask if its possible to reapply f̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇я̩̥̊ u.s student visa f̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇я̩̥̊ a school resuming jan 23rd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 9:02am On Dec 28, 2012
ANY( VIU) APPLICANTS ON DIS THREAD, needs some contacts pls...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2012
yemdeb: My guy, its not that hard getting admitted here as long as you meet the required standard for their admission. My friend there in Texas helped in the SEVIS payment.

Ok, I will when in doubt or need.I have that school under my radar...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2012
dmoney104: Pls can someone help me wit some list of gud schools that I can apply for the next semester , and which of the exams shud I take ?Sat, Gre,toel,Gmat etc, I gradtd wit 3.63 @uniport(BA IN ENGLISH) @gurus in d house need some help here
Are you going for your masters or undergrad again? For masters, you'll write the GRE (since you're not going for an MBA, Economics or any other management course, I presume, that requires the GMAT), and for undergrad, you'll write the SAT. At graduate level, TOEFL is waived for most graduate students.
Which semester were you referring to as 'next' semester? Spring 2013 semester? It is no longer possible to get any spring admissions now. Its late. Look forward to fall 2013 semester.
Finally, leave VIU out of the matter and save yourself all the stress of application and payment only to get denied at the embassy. Your GPA is good enough to get you admission in better schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:26am On Dec 28, 2012
ferdimako:

Ok, I will when in doubt or need.I have that school under my radar...
Long time brah. Where've you been?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Long time brah. Where've you been?

Jos. It's cold here!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2012
bruminero: Gud morning every one.pls i want to ask if its possible to reapply f̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇я̩̥̊ u.s student visa f̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇я̩̥̊ a school resuming jan 23rd

Sure. Once there are interview available dates before then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2012
@ francis, like if denied today can 1 apply next week?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2012
yemdeb: My guy, its not that hard getting admitted here as long as you meet the required standard for their admission. My friend there in Texas helped in the SEVIS payment.

Anyway I school-work here and my CGPA could be within 3.50 and 3.70 (March 2013) and I've GRE, no wife, mature student going against Ms and my brother is sponsoring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 28, 2012
bruminero: @ francis, like if denied today can 1 apply next week?

yeap, u can!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2012
You guys should talk to me naa.....I need a cheap ticket o! And the one way ticket i saw on skyscanner is expensive o more than $2000 o. I don't know if na to get round trip or single journey. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 9:47am On Dec 28, 2012
Good morning my honorable members, am deeply worried over the cold flu affecting our members from Houston to Minnesota & other cold-affected states in the US! For others yet to arrive the states, the Lord is our Refuge! @Yvete, Abeg oh Madam Yvete, please, make mamacita comfortable oh, dis won wey any small tin, u go dey laugh am, Abeg free her oh! Hehen! @ Dr. Imperiouxx, the Lord is your Strength oh! We miss you oh! Get well soon! We all wish you quick recovery including our mamacita & others in such situation. @ Dmoney, thats the spirit! Which state are you looking @? Anyway, u can use usnews.com to find a reliable & reputable school. Ok! Stay Cool! @ Kpolli, you mean der's no pilot that can fill his position temporarily in America, hmmm! U dey fall my hand oh! Lol!!! Congrats to those that got their Visas Approved, we are expecting more good news in the house.............................................................Abeg S-beauty open floor of celebration come New year oh! It is well!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 10:11am On Dec 28, 2012
@ big fran6, thanks bro, but hope d Vo will not ask why did I change ViU to another skul, dis is only wat am afriad of. @mr chris, any gud schools is ok wit me, but I have an uncle in maryland trying all is best 2 bring me over 4 my masters degree. Am thinking of writing toefl and Gre,,and apply 2 another skul maybe desame major
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 10:50am On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Chris:
Good morning my honorable members, am deeply worried over the cold flu affecting our members from Houston to Minnesota & other cold-affected states in the US! For others yet to arrive the states, the Lord is our Refuge! @Yvete, Abeg oh Madam Yvete, please, make mamacita comfortable oh, dis won wey any small tin, u go dey laugh am, Abeg free her oh! Hehen! @ Dr. Imperiouxx, the Lord is your Strength oh! We miss you oh! Get well soon! We all wish you quick recovery including our mamacita & others in such situation. @ Dmoney, thats the spirit! Which state are you looking @? Anyway, u can use usnews.com to find a reliable & reputable school. Ok! Stay Cool! @ Kpolli, you mean der's no pilot that can fill his position temporarily in America, hmmm! U dey fall my hand oh! Lol!!! Congrats to those that got their Visas Approved, we are expecting more good news in the house.............................................................Abeg S-beauty open floor of celebration come New year oh! It is well!
@ Mr Chris, lol! ...thanks, I'll try my best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:54am On Dec 28, 2012
bruminero: @ francis, like if denied today can 1 apply next week?
Sure. Yes. Re-apply, prepare harder, pray and go back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
dmoney104: @ big fran6, thanks bro, but hope d Vo will not ask why did I change ViU to another skul, dis is only wat am afriad of. @mr chris, any gud schools is ok wit me, but I have an uncle in maryland trying all is best 2 bring me over 4 my masters degree. Am thinking of writing toefl and Gre,,and apply 2 another skul maybe desame major
In case he asks there are a thousand and one reasons to say to him. Re-application to a better school will better increase your chances of getting your F1 visa.
@Imperiouxx...do get well brov. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Coleran: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
How easy can it be to get J1 visa from Nigeria.I intend to go for a paid internship job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
s-beauty :

@ Mr Chris, lol! ...thanks, I'll try my best
Yes, thats my girl! What a man can do, a woman can do better! Please, Pray & Fast, GOD is Faithful! Waiting 4 your New Year Gift!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
dmoney104: @mr chris, any gud schools is ok wit me, but I have an uncle in maryland trying all is best 2 bring me over 4 my masters degree. Am thinking of writing toefl and Gre,,and apply 2 another skul maybe desame major
As i advised earlier, you can use usnews.com to find a good school in maryland or anywhere in the states. As for the reason 4 a change of school, bigfrancis has rightly advised you. Ok! Good luck in ur GRE & TOEFL exams!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Chris:

Cos he is the best and I only fly the best cool. . . . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Anthonymighty: You guys should talk to me naa.....I need a cheap ticket o! And the one way ticket i saw on skyscanner is expensive o more than $2000 o. I don't know if na to get round trip or single journey. cry

Fly to JFK and get a ticket Boston from NY. . . . . Would be way cheaper

Egypt air is like $1165 for Jan 8th, then $120 from JFK to BOS (first class is even $180 for this flight)

Note that JFK to BOS would be on the 9th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
kpolli:

Cos he is the best and I only fly the best cool. . . . .
Lol!!! Whats his name? Make i google am! Abeg joor, make i hear word jareh! Lol!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
yemdeb: I have been silently following this thread for a couple of days and i can say this thread is the best thread on the forum. I got my F-1 Visa today at the Abuja Consulate. The chronicle of how i got the visa started on the 20th December, 2012. This was the actual day i was slated for interview. My time was 10.30am and i got to the Consulate at 10.25am. On arrival, i discovered i wasn't with the print out of my appointment confirmation page and i had to rush down to a nearby cyber cafe to get it printed. I got back to the consulate by 11.00am and i was told the 10.30am 'slotters' have been called. I just dashed in and was processed in. To cut the story short, i entered the interview hall.

VO in window 6, a pretty young lady was just celebrating Xmas by issuing out visa to everybody.
VO in window 7, a sturdy man issuing at 50-50
VO in window 8, a stern young woman denying everybody
VO in window 9, a handsome guy issuing at 60-40

Status quo remained the same until suddenly their system went down and there had to be some slight delay. Immediately the system came up, the issuing VO in window 6 started denying, the denying VO in window 8 was replaced by another lady while VOs in Windows 7 and 9 maintained their status quo. Suddenly it got to my turn and i found myself going to window 6.

VO: Good afternoon
ME: Afternoon ma...
VO: Pass me ur documents
ME: I handed the documents to her.......She scanned through my documents
VO: Do you know about SEVIS fee?
ME: Yes.
VO: You haven't paid it and i wont be able to conduct interview for you until this fee is paid..
ME: I already paid..... i showed her the print out of the receipt
VO: The record is not on our system and so we cant interview you.... What i will do is give you a letter that will serve as ur pass when coming some other time. You can come on either Thursday or Friday cos there are holidays on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
ME: OK
VO: Thanks
ME: You are welcome...

END OF EPISODE ONE

EPISODE TWO

Got to the Consulate as early as 6:15am. I was cold to to bone but i wasn't deterred. By 8:30am, we were called in and those of us with G-letters were attended to first. Interview proper started and the VOs that were conducting interviews on the 20th are still the very ones in their respective windows except window 8 that was not yet occupied as at the time i was there.
I was interviewed by the handsome dude in window 9 and it went thus:

VO: (frown) Good morning
ME: (fake smile) Good morning sir..
VO: Pass me ur doc
ME: I gave him
VO: Do you have your form I-20 with you?
ME: Yes i do( i passed it to him)
VO: Why going to the US?
ME: For a master degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology
VO: At which school?
ME: Western Illinois University
VO: And why the school?
ME: Everything i want in a school is present in this school. It has over 10 decades of standard and top quality education which makes it ranked high in usnews ratings. It also has an impressive student:faculty ratio of 15:1 which makes class interaction much more conducive. Worthy of note is...
VO: Its ok......
ME: (i kept quiet)
VO: Why this course?
ME: It fits my career aspiration
VO: How?
ME: It will give me the required knowledge base and technical skill to excel as a manufacturing engineer
VO: OK....When did you finish your BSc?
ME: 2008
VO: What course?
ME: Mechanical Engineering
VO: What have you been doing since then:
ME: I have been working at the production section of an agroscience company....
VO: (cut in) What are your job descriptions:
ME: Ensuring no down time in production. Occasionally carrying out repairs and maintenance on the production line.
VO: Good...did you write any exam, Sat, Gre bla bla
ME: Yes. I wrote GRE even though it is not required by the school
VO: Can i see your score pls?
ME: I mistakenly passed my TOEFL score to him.
VO: No i don't need that. Your English is kind of fluent....
ME: Sorry... i passed the GRE printout to him... he looked at it and them passed it back to me
VO: Who will pay for your studies?
ME: My brother
VO: What does your brother do?
ME: He is an engineer. He fabricates and imports machines and equipments needed for the upliftment of nigeria economy.
VO: Do you have your brothers Statement of Account with you?
ME: Yes.... i passed it to him
VO: He scanned through it page by page before returning it to me
VO: What will you do after your study?
ME: With the knowledge and skills i would have garnered from my studies, i will come and take over the Port Harcourt branch of my brothers business as the MD.

At this point he has already put my passport and application with the rest applications that were earlier granted. He then gave me the pick up paper and the following ensued:

VO: Come pick up your visa on Wednesday
ME: Thanks.
VO: Have a nice day ahead.
ME: You too.

That was how i got my visa at my very first time of applying for it. It was just like a fairy tale. I fasted, though i didn't really pray but i know someone also fasted and prayed. My fiance is a very solid backbone that has been my support. It was a sweet combination of Preparation on my part and Rigorous prayers on the part of my fiance.

My people, the secret to getting your visa is hard work and prayer and i strongly believe with the combination of these two inseparable things, your visa is certain.
One love.

Congrats dear, its Gods doing, i will b joining u in wiu come fall nextyr by Gods grace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
walex57:
Lol...don't worry you'll get used to the whole weather system...and yvete, don't laugh at her next time...is that clear?!...mamacita shei u no go look for bobo so cos only the opposite can give you the real warmth wink
True Talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.