Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308201 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kross1: 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
;DHello nairalanders, it was great I landed here for my visa information enquiries.I have followed with keen interest every posts on US visa interview including the accepts and rejects.I earnestly prayed that my turn will come and now it is here!this is how it went:it was a 7.30am interview. Wil start from when I had a conversation with the VO :

VO : good morning mr xx
Me : good morning Sir
Vo: ur docs pls
Me: here's it!
Vo : why do u want to go to the us?
Me; to study masters in business admin n mgt@ sul ross state uni, texas
It seems he was not sure what I said and he asked again
Vo :y do u want to go 2 d us?
Me : same response as earlier.
Vo : what year did u finish skool
Me : 2007
Vo :what course and which school?
Me : uni bla bla and bus admin as course of study
Vo : what av u been doing?
Me : went for one year nysc programme btw 2008 n late 2009. Shortly then, I got an offer as an admin officer with Bleep firm
Vo : what do ur company do?
Me : we r basically an oil and gas firm and we flare gas, extract oil and do sales of both

Vo : the skool u r going, which other cities, states r close to it
Me :d skool is in a border town btw US n mexico
Vo : who is sponsoring u?
Me : my dad
Vo : what does he do?
Me : a civil engineer and ceo of blah blah company
Vo : do u av his bank statements
Me : yes
Vo : lemme have it
Me : yes pls, I passed it specifyn his company account and his personal account
Vo : did u take the gmat
Vo : lemme see ur scores
Me : passed it
Vo : where did u take d test
Me. : first logic, oba akran ikeja
Vo : what date
Me : 13 july 2011
Vo : how did u take d test?
Me : here I fumbled buh God was my stay. I arrived ( d venue, we were to identify wit pp, started sayn abt verbal, quant, analytical and he cut me off

Vo : how did u take d test? Its a very simple question?

Me : these words just left my mouth," its an online test"
Vo : good, dats what I wanted to hear
Me : ok
Vo : ur visa is approved , come pick it nxt week thurs
Me : was given d collection form and a green paper with a ticket number. No so e be. Na God , no be man

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MrChris1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
Congrats +kross, more good news on the way................................................see you in Texas!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
No so e be. Na God , no be man[/quote]
@kross, congratulations, na God o!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
+kross:
;DHello nairalanders, it was great I landed here for my visa information enquiries.I have followed with keen interest every posts on US visa interview including the accepts and rejects.I earnestly prayed that my turn will come and now it is here!this is how it went:it was a 7.30am interview. Wil start from when I had a conversation with the VO :

Me : went for one year nysc programme btw 2008 n late 2009. Shortly then, I got an offer as an admin officer with Bleep firm
Me : we r basically an oil and gas firm and we flare gas, extract oil and do sales of both

Me : here I fumbled buh God was my stay. I arrived ( d venue, we were to identify wit pp, started sayn abt verbal, quant, analytical and he cut me off

Me : was given d collection form and a green paper with a ticket number. No so e be. Na God , no be man

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mayorxyz: 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
@ house, pls do I need to pay SEVIS fee for a visit/tourist to the U.S?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
mayorxyz: @ house, pls do I need to pay SEVIS fee for a visit/tourist to the U.S?
No sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mayorxyz: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
eduson002: No sir.
@ eduson, thanks so much for the swift response, I really appreciate sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
@Yemdeb...congrats on your visa approval.
@+Kross...congrats brah.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Anthonymighty: You guys should talk to me naa.....I need a cheap ticket o! And the one way ticket i saw on skyscanner is expensive o more than $2000 o. I don't know if na to get round trip or single journey. cry
check wakanow...and what part of the US are you going to...what state...so we can assist you in breaking down your journey and expenses...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
+kross:

congrats bro...i love what is happeneing reminds me of my time as well wey all of us just dey give testimonies....let's keep it flowing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tanks @ big francis 21.i appreciate buh is there assurance D̶̲̥̅̊ person wud pick up d visa d second time because her skool resumes soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
Gud evening everyone,if a student gets denied of a student wats d probability she wud pick up d visa d next time she applies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
bruminero: Gud evening everyone,if a student gets denied of a student wats d probability she wud pick up d visa d next time she applies?
Lemme talk like Yvette, or kpolli this time ...
No one knows how d interview went , u didn't come to share d experience? How is anyone to decide wht to tell her to enable her pick up d visa next time ?
Figure out ur mistake until then before u kw how to get a solution,
My 1cent

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
s-beauty :

No one knows how d interview went , u didn't come to share d experience? How is anyone to decide wht to tell her to enable her pick up d visa next time ?
My 1cent
actually notin went wrong wit d interview,J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ dat d student was fast in speaking and a lil stammering, D̶̲̥̅̊ student is 21 years old,undergraduate.d student was asked why u.s,why d skool,sponsors statement of account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
bruminero: actually notin went wrong wit d interview,J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ dat d student was fast in speaking and a lil stammering, D̶̲̥̅̊ student is 21 years old,undergraduate.d student was asked why u.s,why d skool,sponsors statement of account.
I understand wht u meant, bt how did she defend y d school and why us, and d other questions..
I'm not really good at this, u seek other NLers opinion, bt if u feel no flaws, hit the embassy again and pray, God will perfect which He has started (AMEN)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Karioska(m): 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
+kross:

Almost similar to my VI congrats man...Welcome to Texas

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Karioska(m): 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Pls House, do i need to pay Sevis fee for my spouse and dependants on F2 visa.
Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Karioska(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
bruminero: Gud evening everyone,if a student gets denied of a student wats d probability she wud pick up d visa d next time she applies?
The probability is 0.5. My first application was denied, i almost gave up. Tried the second time and i got it. I have a classmate that was denied 6 times, he is now holding a green card. Pls dont give up keep on trying...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
Karioska: Pls House, do i need to pay Sevis fee for my spouse and dependants on F2 visa.
Thanks...

No,u don't av to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
kpolli:

Fly to JFK and get a ticket Boston from NY. . . . . Would be way cheaper

Egypt air is like $1165 for Jan 8th, then $120 from JFK to BOS (first class is even $180 for this flight)

Note that JFK to BOS would be on the 9th

Ok bro....thanks a milli.....but some of these stop over flights dey require transit visa o.....depends on the hours the stopover might take before the next connecting flight sha... undecided thanks I'll check 'em out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
walex57:
check wakanow...and what part of the US are you going to...what state...so we can assist you in breaking down your journey and expenses...

I'm going to Boston MA. From Lagos. Abeg help me find better flight that doesn't cost much. Departure date is 12th of January wink thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
s-beauty :

My 1cent

Huh, I won't talk like that

@bruminero
As long as nothing has changed in her situation. . . 0.01% chance of getting it
So u need to let us know every details of her interview so we can reveal to you (cos its obvious she did and you dunno how to determine this)how she messed up n how to solve this for you guys. . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Anthonymighty:

Ok bro....thanks a milli.....but some of these stop over flights dey require transit visa o.....depends on the hours the stopover might take before the next connecting flight sha... undecided thanks I'll check 'em out

Bros, my own was to get u a good flight plus I don't think u need a transit visa to stop over at Egypt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Anthonymighty:

I'm going to Boston MA. From Lagos. Abeg help me find better flight that doesn't cost much. Departure date is 12th of January wink thanks

Do not pick a weekend date cos demand for that ticket myt be higher. . . That's why I picked a Tuesday to search for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
Agielted: Hello everyone! I've followed this thread as a guest for a long time now and I had to register in order to comment. I can say that you guys are just wonderful from justwise to the rest. I wish I had known this thread longer than I have.
Now to my matter, sometime ago, I was denied visa for not taking the gre test, then denied again because my program didn't relate to my undergrad. I have applied now to a program that is related to my B.A and I'm hoping that it wont be a problem due to the changes I've made. Course of study n school. Guys pls mek una help weigh dis na.

No it won't. . . But kindly reveal your past interview experience, u myt still be able to do the course u love n switch. . . . Do not allow oyinbo to kill ur dream
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
kpolli:

Huh, I won't talk like that

@bruminero
As long as nothing has changed in her situation. . . 0.01% chance of getting it
So u need to let us know every details of her interview so we can reveal to you (cos its obvious she did and you dunno how to determine this)how she messed up n how to solve this for you guys. . .
Lol! I thot so, just didn't want to b harsh on d dude .. I kw the desperation dt comes after denial ..bt God factor can't b ignored
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Agielted: 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
kpolli:

No it won't. . . But kindly reveal your past interview experience, u myt still be able to do the course u love n switch. . . . Do not allow oyinbo to kill ur dream

Alright. Thanks my man! I've thot of switching to the initial program. Buh, now let's just hope for the best result.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Karioska(m): 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
ollyboy1:

No,u don't av to.
Thanks that will save me alot of money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Karioska(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
Anthonymighty: . U don dey fear me o......please can someone add to this.....abi the VO forgot to return them?
Dont worry you will get all ur document back at the collection center.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AndreOgara(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
OMG!!!! So many amazing testimonies. God is doing wonders. I know he shall not pass me by. My interview is on the 2nd of January in Lagos. Reading all these wonderful accounts, I know God will do it for me. And I will not fail to come back and testify to this wonderful family of nairalanders.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by freshdude: 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hello errone hope yall havin a splendid xmas.Am in need of a sample sponsor letter, if anyone have a copy pls kindly forward to gaby4sure at yahoo dot com

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.