Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308189 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
Who wants to sell date for early august ? I will buy it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
lanrypaddy: Hello to you all,
Please friends kindly help me out because I have scheduled my US Visa interview at Lagos embassy here in Nigeria and I want to know my possibilities of getting Visa. My details is as follows:
I am a graduate of University of Ilorin here in Nigeria, I graduated with B.Sc. in Plant Biology second class upper and undergraduate percentage is 76.2%. I graduated in October 2010 and did NYSC till october 2011. Since then I have been applying to institutions(local and abroad) for my masters.I gained admission into Obafemi Awolowo University (M.Sc. Botany), University of East London (M.Sc. Bioscience)and another conditional offer in UK university. My Uncle who has been living in US for long told me to apply to CCSU which is in the country he lives about 45min drive from his house in Connecticut. I applied to the school and I was given admission in May 2012 and now I get CCSU Form I-20 with major in M.Sc. Biology/ General Bioscience. I did TOEFL and scored 78/120 but my school inform me that I do not need GRE for admission. My mother is my sponsor and she has sufficient funding in her bank account. On M̶̲̥̅Ɣ sevis online receipt, M̶̲̥̅Ɣ uncle's address Ȋ̝̊̅§ on it because he paid Fø̲̣̣я̅ M̶̲̥̅ƺ when I told him I couldn't pay the fee here in Nigeria. Hope the VO won't query M̶̲̥̅ƺ much on this and what can I say if asked?
Can anybody kindly tell me how my VI might look like and my possibilities of getting VISA despite low TOEFL score, no GRE, my Uncle living in US(though I have planned to deny knowing his whereabout in the US but I will just say I have Uncle over there if asked). What are the possible questions I might be ask by the VO and what should my response be like? What are the documents I should take along with me and how should I appear at the Lagos embassy on the day?
If I were ask that how many institution did I applied to? can I tell the VO about the local and UK institutions wont it have any bad effect as I applied to only CCSU in US and 2 in UK. please friends kindly help me out because my interview is fast approaching by early next month (August).
Expecting to hear from you soon. Thanks.

According to Kpolli/Obusco these your many many questions hard o! But here's my own piece:

SEVIS Reciept and Uncle's Address
- The last time I checked, only the student's name will be on the SEVIS receipt, abi? The address could be any other person's (you know in the US). A handful of us paid their SEVIS that way. There's no crime in knowing someone in the US. I don't even think he'll question this, so don't worry.

List of Applied Schools
I think this will hint the VO that you are serious about furthering your studies anyway whether locally, in the UK or US. To ME [/b]it's a good impression. The main thing is you need to give [b]STRONG [/b]reasons why you chose US above others, which is one of the standard questions asked.

[b]Low TOEFL

As long as it was high enough for you to be admitted, I do not think you should fret about this. It's "YOU vs VO"

Not Taking the GRE
People are usually advised to take the GRE/GMAT whether or not their school(s) require(s) it. I am not sure how cogent this is as I know many people who did not take the GRE/GMAT and are here in the US for their grad studies. Again, your case is not unusual.

Mother as Sponsor
Very good, of course.

Documentation
It's strange that you have gotten this far, and you are not aware of the necessary documents.

Primary Documents
1) Appointment Confirmation Letter
2) MRV receipt (or whatever it's called now)
3) DS 160 confirmation page
4) 2x2 passport size photograph
5) Nigerian Passport
6) I-20
7) SEVIS Receipt

Secondary Documents
Statement of accounts, school transcripts/certificates, as many documents as you need to support your own peculiar case.

Possible Questions
Start from page 1, part 1 of this thread, I am sure by the time you peruse through you will have overwhelmingly enough!

Appearance
Anything from business casual, semi-formal to formal should be ok. I don't think it's by "knacking" tie and new suit. A nice pair of pants/jeans/chinos with a well tucked in good shirt plus good shoes, I am sure it's a enough to make a good first impression.

My 50 cents ...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx: @All GRE and TOEFL materials request,

It's all done. All those with gmail id won't get the material I called ''This is the sweetest'' which simulates the real test condition and questions. This is because I just got 4 MAILER-DAEMON failure notice. I'm still surprise about how smartmachine got this particular material sent to gmail ooo. I have been sending this whole bunch for long but never delivered to gmail before. Cheers!

But try push the sweetest to my ferdimako@yahoo.com My younger brother needs it. He has done the TOEFL. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
ferdiii:

But try push the sweetest to my ferdimako@yahoo.com My younger brother needs it. He has done the TOEFL. Thanks!

Done!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

Done!

Bros well done o! I dey feel your philanthropy well well. Jah bless thee! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

Done!

Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
@larrypaddy

Square65 has answered your questions. I just want to add that you can get a letter from your school concerning the GRE, that could work. However, some VOs are uninformed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

Some school can be mean at times. This their policy tight small o. Wait till you get your visa then get the insurance done if you have secured their I-20.
i need to get it done b4 d I-20 can be issued.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
rowlandoo: Who wants to sell date for early august ? I will buy it
when you say 'buy' wat do u mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2012
Square65:

GboyegaD dem don advise u say make u go get your visa oooo grin

Mr Fred, it's gd to take your time to understand the terrain of where you are

You got me grin grin grin like a witch with your response. Hope you are doing good and enjoying the summer heat. The heat no nice I swear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Kommentato(m): 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
Oga Imperiouxx

Please help me with those materials as well.

bouffetk@yahoo.com

Merci!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
obusco4lyfe: when you say 'buy' wat do u mean?

U want to cancel then I book same time . I tip u for letting me know
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
free R1:

I totally agree with the finish your NYSC suggestion but the other part, not really. It all depends on your plan and God's favor. If you are a top student, after your masters, Yankee Coys can employ you straight and apply for 5yrs work visa for you. If this happens the your experience would be better valued than the nigerian one. Some people without being top also get employed nd get der work visas after MSc. The koko is, have infos, you don't av to marry white babe to change status, there are a lot of visa categories we have no idea abt. So the plan is simple, go to school, finish, try to get a job and get your work visa (never say impossible)!

thank you for the response. I know a Nigerian bros in my school that keeps fighting with most of us saying we are not serious because we are not willing to marry for papers. This funny bros often times do not like talking to us because he claims we are stubborn and stupid. He keeps trying to encourage people to go the route of marrying as though not staying in America is the end of the life. Like I advise, to every one his own. Try get as much information as that is the most important thing needed to survive in America.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
rowlandoo: Do anyone one know the available dates now at abuja consulate?

Thought you had an emergency interview for today. Did you cancel that again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
I was denied today jor , fell into the wrong old VO hand . I shud stood up toilet but I dnt even know what pushed me .
I ve got to re apply .
@house

Please does anyone have an idea about if I can get date early august or if anyone is cancelling for early august shud pls let me know .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
@square65 or impe baba i will like to have a mock VI with any of u to fine tune my prepared answers to possible questions. Thanks and appreciates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
@Imperioux
@All GRE and TOEFL materials request,

It's all done. All those with gmail id won't get the material I called ''This is the sweetest'' which simulates the real test condition and questions. This is because I just got 4 MAILER-DAEMON failure notice. I'm still surprise about how smartmachine got this particular material sent to gmail ooo. I have been sending this whole bunch for long but never delivered to gmail before. Cheers!
[color=#006600][/color]

Please, i'd be writing the GRE and TOEFL by November this year and would like the same materials. My e-mail is beaudefrax@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you so much in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
rowlandoo: I was denied today jor , fell into the wrong old VO hand . I shud stood up toilet but I dnt even know what pushed me .
I ve got to re apply .
@house
Please does anyone have an idea about if I can get date early august or if anyone is cancelling for early august shud pls let me know .
[color=#000099][/color]

@rowlandoo,
How did the interview go? Please share with us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2012
GboyegaD:

Thought you had an emergency interview for today. Did you cancel that again

I can't believe the man denied me . I was not meant for him , I was meant for counter 6 . That old man just call me . I think he denied me coz I had an emergency appt . He is too inquisitive jor .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
rowlandoo:

U want to cancel then I book same time . I tip u for letting me know
i have an appointment August10 which i dnt nid again cos i deferred my admission till spring. No matter how much u want to pay,giving it to u will affect me cos i registered with my e-mail address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
Please anyone have any idea for available date early august ve got to resume 10th or is anyone cancellin so I can book . . If not then I guess will have to defer to spring . Sad face
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by rowlandoo: 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
Please anyone have any idea for available date early august ve got to resume 10th or is anyone cancellin so I can book . . If not then I guess will have to defer to spring . Sad face

@ anyone goin to abj . Counter 7 dey issue and the lady in counter 9. , 6 is gud to go too if u can communicate . Old man is not good for anytin , u talk or not .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
@rowlandoo am really sad for u. . . But pls share ur interview in details, You didn't just strike me as being prepared (my own opinion) u asked too many inconsistent n odd questions. . but share ur experience. . .

@rowlandoo, plus that's not how scheduling works. . . Remember some ppl have auto scheduled so once someone cancels, system wud auto reschedule those ppl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
lanrypaddy: Hello to you all,
Please friends kindly help me out because I have scheduled my US Visa interview at Lagos embassy here in Nigeria and I want to know my possibilities of getting Visa. My details is as follows:
I am a graduate of University of Ilorin here in Nigeria, I graduated with B.Sc. in Plant Biology second class upper and undergraduate percentage is 76.2%. I graduated in October 2010 and did NYSC till october 2011. Since then I have been applying to institutions(local and abroad) for my masters.I gained admission into Obafemi Awolowo University (M.Sc. Botany), University of East London (M.Sc. Bioscience)and another conditional offer in UK university. My Uncle who has been living in US for long told me to apply to CCSU which is in the country he lives about 45min drive from his house in Connecticut. I applied to the school and I was given admission in May 2012 and now I get CCSU Form I-20 with major in M.Sc. Biology/ General Bioscience. I did TOEFL and scored 78/120 but my school inform me that I do not need GRE for admission. My mother is my sponsor and she has sufficient funding in her bank account. On M̶̲̥̅Ɣ sevis online receipt, M̶̲̥̅Ɣ uncle's address Ȋ̝̊̅§ on it because he paid Fø̲̣̣я̅ M̶̲̥̅ƺ when I told him I couldn't pay the fee here in Nigeria. Hope the VO won't query M̶̲̥̅ƺ much on this and what can I say if asked?
Can anybody kindly tell me how my VI might look like and my possibilities of getting VISA despite low TOEFL score, no GRE, my Uncle living in US(though I have planned to deny knowing his whereabout in the US but I will just say I have Uncle over there if asked). What are the possible questions I might be ask by the VO and what should my response be like? What are the documents I should take along with me and how should I appear at the Lagos embassy on the day?
If I were ask that how many institution did I applied to? can I tell the VO about the local and UK institutions wont it have any bad effect as I applied to only CCSU in US and 2 in UK. please friends kindly help me out because my interview is fast approaching by early next month (August).
Expecting to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Guy...i'm also a graduate of unilorin and i went for my interview some weeks ago...we'll there's nothing wrong with your profile here and i can say you're good to go...just have your confidence...i also got admission into a UK school and another institution in Nigeria and i must tell you it was a strong point 'cos it shows you're a serious student and not desperate...if asked why you chose CCSU just tell the VO that was the school that offered you admission in the area of your interest...know your area of interest and about the school and you're good to go...your mum being your sponsor is also a great point on your side...don't bother about the sevis receipt, they understand that nigerians cannot pay from here...the address on mine was cotonou cos that was where i paid...if asked how many universities you appled to...tell the VO that CCSU, the two schools in UK and OAU in ife...that'll do...there's no need to panic or lie ok...the VO may not even to see a single document...if you can write to the school to get you a waiver letter on your GRE, please do and if you cannot...just go with your confidence...wish you all the best and come share your testimony also...cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by successgrace: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

Can this make them turn back now?

Bro i like dis oooo
Just tired of dese folks dat kip scaring us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

Some school can be mean at times. This their policy tight small o. Wait till you get your visa then get the insurance done if you have secured their I-20.
i ws browsin d web nd i bumped on ds site,i tink it has to do wit all dt medical emergency evacuation insurance stuff. When u re less busy, help me check it out nd tel me wat u tink, the link is https://www.travelinsuranceservices.com/tis/susa/QuoteResult.asp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 8:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
successgrace:

Bro i like dis oooo
Just tired of dese folks dat kip scaring us
Guy where u dey...you just lock up sha!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
weldone imperiouxx,pls i need Gre materials. eduson002@yahoo.com Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx: It's stressful and time taking asking you to send it through a friend account before it can reach me here. Anyway, this is those I used when paying when in Nigeria http://www.gtn-ng.com/contact.html .They get it paid in 2 days. I used them several times for my applications and wes evaluation.
hi imperiouxx i askd in d previous part if i culd use my debit card(Visa) 4 WES payment? Waitn 4 ur response thanks bruv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bypassit: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
Am sorry bro!!!Beta days ahead

rowlandoo: Please anyone have any idea for available date early august ve got to resume 10th or is anyone cancellin so I can book . . If not then I guess will have to defer to spring . Sad face

@ anyone goin to abj . Counter 7 dey issue and the lady in counter 9. , 6 is gud to go too if u can communicate . Old man is not good for anytin , u talk or not .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
Theyjih:
hi imperiouxx i askd in d previous part if i culd use my debit card(Visa) 4 WES payment? Waitn 4 ur response thanks bruv

Yes but I don't know the bank type they accept from Nigeria. You'll see the types of payment on their site.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
imperiouxx:

Yes but I don't know the bank type they accept from Nigeria. You'll see the types of payment on their site.

Thanks a bunch

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.