Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (307403 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
hallengray:

Register for the exam or write the exam? pls let me know. thanks

Register .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by hallengray(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
Olami1224: Congratulations on your Visa. Please i would like to have a full details of all documents you used, the step by step processing, every necessary thing to do. i just finished my HND and i want to proceed with my career in USA. sodiqonas@yahoo.com is my mail, i'll like to here from you. a "brief is TO List" total costs and every necessary details will be appreciated.

Thanks
me too pls. hallengray@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house please i nid immediate reply, my sch said i shld pay a non-refundable charge fee of $25 by cashier check or money order and mail it to them. Hw am i goin 2 go abt it, i nid immediate reply pls.

You need someone in the united states to help you with that....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
obusco4lyfe: dts d issue, i dnt hv any1 2 do it 4 me in such a short tym....d sch deadline is Aug 1st

If the school deadline is August 1st then don't bother cuz first u don't av your I20 and you don't av an interview date with the embassy.
Best advise,find someone the united states to help you pay and also ask the school to change your admission to January 2013 with that you can get more time to go get yourself ready.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Julie55: 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
dr do little-
Abeg no vex, I do not understand what PM means? Do you mean that I should send u an e-mail?
king1 00
Thanks for your help. Concerning home ties, when is the most appropriate time to present my parents' property documents? Is it when Im asked what they do for a living?
sndrmtns
Thanks. Concerning changing of school being a big 'red flag', it should not be. I got a cheaper, and equally good school. That is their wahala o! There is nothing I can do about that! undecided
BeeMee
Thanks a lot. What type of proofs do you suggest. The only strong point for me is the relevance of my course to Nigeria for now.
Can the VOs be questioned? Even Obama cannot change their decision. kiss
Philolos
Thanks a lot.I pray I get through with this cos a lot has gone into it. You are right though. Its well!

One more thing please, when filling reason for previous denials on the DS 160, do I fill the most recent, or all previous interviews attended?
Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses...look forward to more shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by demmyrulz(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
imperiouxx:

Thank Mystiqme, thanks for helping shed off some delay time sending those materials. Also congrat on your victory.

Please I need GRE and Toefl materials. Kindly please assist by sending through my mailbox adeoluborode@hotmail.com or ademolaoluborodeyahoo.com

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
@houseeeeeee

I can't see where to fill my travel experience . Did they modify ds 160 ? . I beg help me .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
Julie55:
Thanks for the response.
No one has filed for an immigrant visa on my behalf.
The first interview went okay. Normal questions were asked till the VO said 'why do u want to change career?'
I did not answer that well. (I have a couple of friends who are dentists going for Public Health who got their Visas.)
My documents-Bank statement, with supporting letter just as u said,School certificate, GRE+ TOEFL scores, admission letters,NYSC certificate, and the other school documents- SERVIS, I20, etc.
Graduated 2009, works as a denitst.

In my own little advise, please make sure in ur next interview try as best as you can to b bold and look the VO in the eye....
Secondly,since you already graduated in Nigeria and works as a dentist it would have been great if you choose something similar to your line of study.
Thirdly, ask the school for a letter to the embassy stating they were very okay with the documents you provided and that the school is expecting your arrival.
If for any further questions please feel free to write me at orjifredricks@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
yankison: @houseeeeeee

I can't see where to fill my travel experience . Did they modify ds 160 ? . I beg help me .

Why can't someone just answer my damn question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
kpolli:

I know, I meant hope its not a community college's I-20 ur taking for ur interview. . . You know what they say about Community colleges here. . . VO can use that as a reason to reject u

It doesn't matter wether it a community college or not.... If the VO finds you good enough to study in the states u will b granted a visa....
Your composure matters alot, do not look down when talking them that makes them believe you are nervous, make sure you have all supporting documents ready....
Most times they don't ask you for ur documents, use your number 6 when answering a question and support your answer with documents...
Oyinbo like paper well....
best of luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
obusco4lyfe: with wat i've learnt on this thread, they usually reject those who aren't fresh frm high sch i.e those who hv a diploma already. As 4 me, i don't!

That's a lie, fresh or not.... I am a living testimony I finished high school in 2001, had a diploma in marketing in 2004.... And I got my visa in 2007 so I wasn't fresh at all.
Listen bro it all depends on how your compose youself,listen to the questions and your answer should be short,smart and straight forward. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
Freddieyankee:

It doesn't matter wether it a community college or not.... If the VO finds you good enough to study in the states u will b granted a visa....
Your composure matters alot, do not look down when talking them that makes them believe you are nervous, make sure you have all supporting documents ready....
Most times they don't ask you for ur documents, use your number 6 when answering a question and support your answer with documents...
Oyinbo like paper well....
best of luck

@kpoli

Do u think it sounds good to fill this as a reason for a previous denial .

I didn't give it my best shot so the VO advised me to apply into. A 4year degree college .

@ House
This #uestion is thrown to you too . Gurus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
yankison: @ house

Pls I have injury on my face and have plasters covering it . what can I do about the pictures 2 I think , that I have to go with . Wahala don start and am sure that will be d same pic they will use in processing my ViSA . What ican I do now .

Your confusing us wiv ur many ids
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by austin4real(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
i Just concluded my service year and i'm hoping to go for my masters in Canada, i studied Urban and regional planning, but hoping to go for Geographical information systems in my postgraduate studies, i'd like the house to suggest the process which i would go through, step by step cos i got no idea where to start,I also need ideas on where i can do my toefl and GRE in Lagos PLUS dumps which i can study with. my mail address is donsoladipupo@gmail.com. tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
Zone 2 Zone: I was denial at US Embassy in ABJ today. I wanted to re apply on monday but the problem is that I don`t know if am going to get a date in first week or second week of august. cos my school resume third week of august. I`ll come back and narrate my ordeal at the Embassy

Sorry for the denial,
I don't no how quick u wanna come to the states but if I'm to advise you I would have asked you to give it time and not rush back for another interview.
First of all call your school and ask them to send you another I-20 for January 2013, that will help you re-arrange yourself and also ask your international advisor to attach a letter stating that they were satisfied with documents and that the school is will expecting you for the school semester stating the time and year. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
@kpoli

No vex

I didn't give it my best shot so the VO advised me to apply into. A 4year degree college .

@ House
This #uestion is thrown to you too . Gurus[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Freddieyankee(m): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
Julie55: dr do little-
Abeg no vex, I do not understand what PM means? Do you mean that I should send u an e-mail?
king1 00
Thanks for your help. Concerning home ties, when is the most appropriate time to present my parents' property documents? Is it when Im asked what they do for a living?
sndrmtns
Thanks. Concerning changing of school being a big 'red flag', it should not be. I got a cheaper, and equally good school. That is their wahala o! There is nothing I can do about that! undecided
BeeMee
Thanks a lot. What type of proofs do you suggest. The only strong point for me is the relevance of my course to Nigeria for now.
Philolos
Thanks a lot.I pray I get through with this cos a lot has gone into it. You are right though. Its well!

One more thing please, when filling reason for previous denials on the DS 160, do I fill the most recent, or all previous interviews attended?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
obusco4lyfe: my papa no b dangote na hin make me choose community college, d plan is to transfer to a college afta 2yrs.

Go to pt1, u wud see an advice by one of the old timers on how to deal wiv this scenario
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
Freddieyankee:

That's a lie, fresh or not.... I am a living testimony I finished high school in 2001, had a diploma in marketing in 2004.... And I got my visa in 2007 so I wasn't fresh at all.
Listen bro it all depends on how your compose youself,listen to the questions and your answer should be short,smart and straight forward. Best of luck
oga! We re both on d same page i.e we both support d motion dt says 'community college applicants can get a visa if dey compose there speech wella'

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
austin4real: i Just concluded my service year and i'm hoping to go for my masters in Canada, i studied Urban and regional planning, but hoping to go for Geographical information systems in my postgraduate studies, i'd like the house to suggest the process which i would go through, step by step cos i got no idea where to start,I also need ideas on where i can do my toefl and GRE in Lagos PLUS dumps which i can study with. my mail address is donsoladipupo@gmail.com. tanks

https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part3/30

See me dey form justwise cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebyadieze: Hello Guys,

Please what do I complete in the section for "Intended Length of Stay in U.S."?
My I-20 has the normal length of study is 36months while my program structure says 22months, which one do I go with?

Also, I do not have accommodation yet and there is a section for where you will be staying in the US. What do I fill in this section?

I appreciate your candid responses.

24 months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
dazo01: House,kindly assist me in my present problems regarding my interview process.I have been sent an I-20 form and the sevis fee has not been paid yet.The appointment has been scheduled to be on 23rd of this month.How many working days ultimatum is given for Sevis fee payment before the appointment date?.Kindly educate me more on this.Thanks

When did u pay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
king1 00
sndrmtns
BeeMee
Philolos

Julie..it means you should send a private message to me which will appear in my email..but you have to follow me on nairaland first. But I dont think that matters so much for now since you've got many hands available for you in da house.Ask and it shall be given unto you. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yankison(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
kpolli:

https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part3/30

See me dey form justwise cool

I know the spirit in u now , and that is it . Big one , once u don u get on that flight , na so so stroll IN stroll Out .

What u think abt the plaster on my face ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
kpolli:

Go to pt1, u wud see an advice by one of the old timers on how to deal wiv this scenario
pt1 page what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by AnythinCanHapen: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
tijehi: So I have been on this thread since 2010 and I have been following up throughout my GRE and TOEFL process, through my application process and through my spring rejects but I finally had my interview last Friday and this is how it went down.
It was pretty short (about 3 mins) as I told God I wanted the previous day and out of my over 20 documents, only 2 were requested by the VO.
I was at the Lagos embassy and about 4 VOs were interviewing:the African-American on Counter 1,one white guy on 2,one elderly guy on 3, and one other guy on the last counter.
The guy on C2 refused all the women that came for visiting(Did he think they were pregnant undecided). Anyway my token number was 174 and when i saw 173 on C2, I don dey fear but I don dey prepare my mind for a difficult interview even though I was sure I would make it.Suddenly C1 flashed 174 and I walked up to him on jelly legs. It seemed I had forgotten everything I had rehearsed. Anyway....
The Interview
Me: Good morning
VO: Pass your documents, please.
Me: I passed them. He scrutinized them and at the same time was looking at my face. Maybe he dey look this small boi wey dey go do PhD. huh
VO: Did you take the GRE?
Me: Yes I took it (I passed him my scores).
VO: Do you have your transcript?
Me: Yes, I do. I pass am.
VO: Looked at my transcript and asked 'What is ecology?' I guess this question came up because I studied Botany and I am going for a PhD in Ecology.
Me: I don already dey blow answer afterall na my turf na, but he stopped me and asked:
VO: What is the difference between Botany and Ecology?
Me: Botany is basically the study of plants while Ecology is the study of plants in their environment..both biotic and abiotic. Short like that, I no sabi talk too much wink
VO: So what will this degree do for you?
Me: Well, I already work here as a ...... so it will enable me get promoted more rapidly in my place of work.
As I was answering the last question He was already tearing the green ticket.
VO: Alright, I am granting you your Visa, go and collect it on Wednesday at Ikeja.
Me: In a small voice..thank you. I was trying to hide a smile but I was not successful. grin
All the best guys, I will try to be available to answer any questions. Cheers!
[/color][color=#006600]

I Sure say the VO no even know answers to the questions him ask u like the difference b/w ecology and botany. grin

lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by hariyoh: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
Please forward the GRE materials to hariyoh@yahoo.com. Thanks you are doing a great job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
king1 00
sndrmtns
BeeMee
Philolos

Do not present a document they didn't ask for so only do so when they ask u to, There are lots of reasons why we need public health personnels in naija (mosquito, malaria n co), Fill all ur interview experiences.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drdolittle1: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebyadieze: Hello Guys,

Please what do I complete in the section for "Intended Length of Stay in U.S."?
My I-20 has the normal length of study is 36months while my program structure says 22months, which one do I go with?

Also, I do not have accommodation yet and there is a section for where you will be staying in the US. What do I fill in this section?

I appreciate your candid responses.

Hey! Please be advised. Whatever you input must tally with what you have on your form I-20.

Therefore, duration or length of stay= 36 months(according to your I-20)

For accommodation, the answer is 'your school address on your I-20' since you do not have a place yet.

Peace!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
yankison: @houseeeeeee

Check well, can't remember exactly well but they ask all countries visited in the past 5yrs. . .

About ur facial marks, u just have to take ur passport pix like that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
yankison:

@kpoli

@ House
This #uestion is thrown to you too . Gurus

Yes, Just say u weren't well prepared for the interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Hey! Please be advised. Whatever you input must tally with what you have on your form I-20.

Therefore, duration or length of stay= 36 months(according to your I-20)

For accommodation, the answer is 'your school address on your I-20' since you do not have a place yet.

Peace!

Mine said 36 too but I Filled in 24 months too

In the end na 24 months them go give am. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.