Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture (31970 Views)

Diary Of An Ibadan Hustler In Lagos / Which Of These European Countries Is Good To Live In As Hustler/jjc / Null (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
HAH: Use this then you know you don't earn anything in naija http://www.caterer.com/salary-checker/average-cleaning-salary-london

That is more like it, and out of that, how much goes into taxes and bills . . .
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by pembisco(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
Lets nt 4get dt when d oyibo contry ws 50yrs old,tins wer nt as it is now,so lets apreciate our naija 4 1s pls,jst 2yrs ago,salaries of civil servants improved a little,dts wt am talkin abt,is jst a mata of tym

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by chucky234(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
Billyonaire: Dont say that bro. 100k is not worth it for a BSc holder to sweep floor whether home or abroad. There is more to education than money.
When a white collar job is not fortcoming the Bsc holder is left with just one option.....Kunle's job in Europe
lolz
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by iHustle(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
_
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by AjanleKoko: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva:
That's Nigerias for you. people do what they can't do in their country in other countries because they see the white man as a superior being.

Maybe not.
I'm not even sure you can find many Nigerians working cleaning jobs. Other Africans maybe, Caribbean nationals, but not Nigerians to a large extent.
Eastern Europeans and Asians dominate the blue-collar jobs. You tend to find Nigerians on the bus, or on the Underground, or at train stations. And also behind tills in shops and supermarkets. I think it's because Nigerians are more educated on the average, and we'have better English Language skills, and don't have labor skills or experience. You'd hardly find a Nigerian working on a construction site, or as a carpenter, electrician, or stonemason.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
pembisco: Lets nt 4get dt when d oyibo contry ws 50yrs old,tins wer nt as it is now,so lets apreciate our naija 4 1s pls,jst 2yrs ago,salaries of civil servants improved a little,dts wt am talkin abt,is jst a mata of tym

But at the rate at which Nigeria is going, not sure we will be any better, except we do something better, no one continue to do same thing and expect a different result.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
chucky234: When a white collar job is not fortcoming the Bsc holder is left with just one option.....Kunle's job in Europe
lolz

fact!
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
iHustle:

BIG LIE! Many oil workers in the UK don't even earn that much. I'm talking from experience; I've lived in the UK before. The average UK cleaner earns about £6.8 per hour and works about 3-6 hours per day. Do the maths.

Another big fat lie and I am also talking from experience!
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
iHustle:

BIG LIE! Many oil workers in the UK don't even earn that much. I'm talking from experience; I've lived in the UK before. The average UK cleaner earns about £6.8 per hour and works about 3-6 hours per day. Do the maths.
Choi, bros talk true oh. This your break down, he be like you don ....the job before.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by megxo(m): 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
if u wash plate for europe sef, u go still get enough 2 take do u big boi parole, bt try am for mama nkechi restaurant na.......... na change she go give u

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Maybe not.
I'm not even sure you can find many Nigerians working cleaning jobs. Other Africans maybe, Caribbean nationals, but not Nigerians to a large extent.
Eastern Europeans and Asians dominate the blue-collar jobs. You tend to find Nigerians on the bus, or on the Underground, or at train stations. And also behind tills in shops and supermarkets. I think it's because Nigerians are more educated on the average, and we'have better English Language skills, and we're also not used to hard physical labor. You'd hardly find a Nigerian working on a construction site.

Are you sure of this?
Banks will not let Nigerians clean their offices
Stores wont allow Nigerian clean their stores, and i am sure we all know why.
And most of them too would rather do something else cos they want "FAST" money
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
megxo: if u wash plate for europe sef, u go still get enough 2 take do u big boi parole, bt try am for mama nkechi restaurant na.......... na change she go give u

Lol . . Might be able to do big boy when he visits Nigeria . . .
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by megxo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
iHustle:

big lie, work as a brick layers labourer n get paib N800 for the day....u too do d maths...mtcheew
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Ochyz(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
HAH: Use this then you know you don't earn anything in naija http://www.caterer.com/salary-checker/average-cleaning-salary-london

Mehn ur info is correct...Nigerians re really suffering....A cleaner here in Nigeria cannot enjoy life
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Gen2jaynee: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebamma: a cleaner in the uk earns an estimate of 40,000 pounds to 70,000 pounds a year,which in naira is between 10 million to 17.5 million naira.many bankers in Nigeria dont earn upto that.
if no b EBA(garri)MMA it cn neva b EBAMMA......no body can ever put up such nonsense for a comment....40,000pounds for europe or heaven?....eba abeg park well jorrrrr
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Afam4eva(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
Even if some of those Nigerians were asked to do the same job at mama Nkechi's buka at the same amount they earn abroad, they'll be feeling to big to do it.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by AjanleKoko: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Are you sure of this?
Banks will not let Nigerians clean their offices
Stores wont allow Nigerian clean their stores, and i am sure we all know why.
And most of them too would rather do something else cos they want "FAST" money

Okay. Now that one is something else. I'm just drawing conclusions, as I don't live in the UK. When I am in that country, I tend to run into Nigerians working as bus drivers or conductors, as ticketing officers on the Tube or Overground, and I also run into a few in Tesco's or Sainsbury's, behind the till.

The rest that I meet are all white-collar workers who are doing relatively well. You hardly run into a Nigerian behind the counter at a Mcdonalds.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva: Even if some of those Nigerians were asked to do the same job at mama Nkechi's buka at the same amount they earn abroad, they'll be feeling to big to do it.

Probably cos of how Mama Nkechi will be insulting and assaulting them.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Okay. Now that one is something else. I'm just drawing conclusions, as I don't live in the UK. When I am in that country, I tend to run into Nigerians working as bus drivers or conductors, as ticketing officers on the Tube or Overground, and I also run into a few in Tesco's or Sainsbury's, behind the till.

The rest that I meet are all white-collar workers who are doing relatively well.

Yes, Nigerians have good jobs . . . However, it is not cos of our english that made them to work behind the cashier, cos our ascent alone aint easy, but i will agree with you that we value education
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Probably cos of how Mama Nkechi will be insulting and assaulting them.
But that's not the main reason they won't work there and you know it.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Afam4eva(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
deleted
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva:
But that's not the reason they won't work there and you know it.

If Nigerian employers will pay same amount of money to people, and give them same environment, and conditions with respect, i am sure "some" Nigerians will prefer to work there.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Heymus(m): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
Our leaders should make life easier for us to live.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by skyp(m): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That is more like it, and out of that, how much goes into taxes and bills . . .

u only pay tax in uk if u earn more than 10,000 ps in a yr.
if u don`t earn more than that all tax paid will be returned
at the end of the year. with this u can see that it is only
the rich that pay tax in uk unlike nigeria where the poor pay
more tax than the rich...
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by jbrodaly(m): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
When Swedes leave their country even to neighbouring Norway;they do jobs they don't do at home.Naija people with ignorance.They will even tell you what does not exist as if it were in a place they have never been
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
@ Fhemmmy, Ajanlekoko is mostly correct, since the entry of some of the eastern European countries into the EU, blue collar jobs have been over-run by the Poles in particular. Despite 'our' scammer rep, the UK as a country would still give a chance to most individuals.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by gbadexy(m): 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
AjanleKoko: Shows that there's no dignity in labour, in Nigeria. Why can't Kunle do the same type of job in Nigeria? Or the people doing it in Nigeria, dem swear for them?
If the remuneration is the same as what is obtainable abroad, you would be surprised how many people would do it here in nigeria
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Gen2jaynee: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva: Even if some of those Nigerians were asked to do the same job at mama Nkechi's buka at the same amount they earn abroad, they'll be feeling to big to do it.
Afam? Contact me weneva Mama nkechi z ready 2 pay such amount n see if i (Gen2) will feel too big..2 do d washing n collect my pepper
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by ballabriggs: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
Oya make all of una dey go back house. Jona done give una cassava bread.

However, when people talk of cost of living being more expensive in the UK than Nigeria, I laugh. Financially, this may be the case, however, economically and socially, na big lie be that.

Nigeria is in what, TROUBLE.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
hmmm

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by ebamma(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Habbbaaaaaa . . . How much is a cleaner getting paid per hour in UK?
I want us to do the math and how many hours does he/she works in a week and month and a year . . . i think this your figure is bloated, no be small
an average cleaner in the uk may earn upto 20 to 30 pounds per hour,i will leave u to do the maths,if he works atleast 20 hrs a week.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by ballabriggs: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva: hmmm

Hehehehehehehehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema / Check Out Throwback Pix Of Nigeria Airways, Lagos To New York For Less Than N18K / Few Pics From Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.