Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? (843 Views)

How Can I Link A Form In My Website To A Table In My Database / Please How Can I Link A Domain Name To A Site I Developd With Bluevoda / How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? by sojmann(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2012
I purchased a domain name and hosting account,which is active,and now i want to purchase another domain name and link it to the previous hosting account instead of paying for another hosting account for the new domain name.
Pls,how do i go about it?
Re: How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? by mrperfect(m): 9:25am On Jul 19, 2012
There is what is call addon in hosting account, just point your name server to already hosting account nameserver and use addon to add the domain, with this you will be using one hosting account in multiple domain. But your hosting provider must support this feature.
I don't if your our Customer we have help you do this as we support the feature.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? by sojmann(m): 9:51am On Jul 19, 2012
Thank you for your response
Re: How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2012
Mr perfect has said it all, I believe you'll able to point your domain to your hosting name servers from your domain cp. The only problem you can encounter is, if your hosting plan do not support addon domain like mrperfect said.
Re: How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? by sojmann(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
Does this mean I will be pointing the new domain name to the existing one or the new domain will exist independently of the existing one....i.e. I will be able to set up an new website independently of the existing one.

BOLAJIAJANI: Mr perfect has said it all, I believe you'll able to point your domain to your hosting name servers from your domain cp. The only problem you can encounter is, if your hosting plan do not support addon domain like mrperfect said.
Re: How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? by sojmann(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
can you give me a step by step guide?
Re: How Do I Link A New Domain Name To An Existing Hosting Account? by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 12:11am On Jul 20, 2012
Go to your domain control panel, look for where you can change your name servers, probably by clicking the domain name.
Change the name servers to your webhosts' e.g in d format ns1.host.com and ns2.host.com or let me just say nsnumber.host.com at least put two name servers.
After that is done go to your host cp, then click on addon domain. You'll be asked to fill in your domain name, ftp, document root, password, e.t.c. that's all.
To your question, yes it is independent on original domain.

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Get Hosting With 5 Domains Package (foreign Hosting Only) / Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) Now In Nigeria / World Forum Created By A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.