Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,161 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing (15794 Views)

Exposed:how To Create Your Own Professional JAMB CBT Software No Coding Required / What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? / Test Your Economic Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:04am On Sep 15, 2012
21)Brand Association
The reason folks want to get associated with Tony and his likes as narrated in the earlier post is because of something called brand association. Brand association is the same trick that many companies use in their strategy design. For example, georgio armani has been able to build a powerful brand name. So what they've now gone on to do is to build another brand called armani exchange. Many folks want to be associated with the bigger brand, so they buy into the armani exchnage line. A kind of aspirational buying, believing that somehow the brand (what it stands for) will rub off on them.

The trick is to position your brand carefully. Now, imagine you're in your early 50's sitting behind a solid oak desk as the MD of a multimillion dollar company. 2 chaps from your childhood past walk into your office looking for business. You knew yourselves from far away, but where never really friends.

The 1st did spend lots of money, always drinking in beer parlours and having street pr.ostitutes, touts and agberos hanging around him. The second like Tony also spent lots of money too, but you saw him doing this when you hung out in Hilton. Back then, he was also the talk of town with his latest cars that no other person had. Girls were over him, but it was daughters of ministers, governors, senators and top models.

I bet you would feel more prone to striking a deal with the 2nd than the 1st.

Next, If you're a 'stupid' spender, I'll give u an example on how to enjoy spending your money while building a brand that you can leverage later

2 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by bisco5: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2012
Nice post.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2012
bisco5: Nice post.

Thanks
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
22)Foolish but some times useful

I dare say that by far a larger population of Nigerians enjoy being associated with the wealthy and classy. I have observed through the years that folks who spend money beyond the average value of a relative item are admired. The part of this observation that I am drawn to is the 'stickiness' of the memory that such copious display of wealth has on the (average Nigerian)observer.

So in as much as I am not a fan of big ticket spending above the nominal value of an item, I however fully understand the impact that this has on observers. I don't think I am alone in this observation. Because of this, some haggle in private but spend silly when fickle minded observers are around who then go on to help them blow their trumpets.

I have seen some folks who I know their not-too-rich backround purchase items at some 600% of their real value from specialized shops when with people. I have also seen how the observers have gone ahead to create folklores out of the events. I have watched girls get starry eyed and all mushy about the spender with the narration of such tales.

My reason for bringing this up is 2 pronged.
1) If you've been spending big in public, you should realise that you've long since created a value perception of yourself that you can leverage
2) If you've not, you might do well to try it once in a while (that's to a select loud mouthed group) and leverage the over rated perception of you at a later date

For the second person, (I know say im go pain u well, well to spend like that)what you could do is to link it up with something you really like. For example, if love good exquisite food and tasty lounges. It shouldn't hurt you much if you go to 5 star restaurant with friends and feast on a meal that is no larger than your fist.
It might hurt, but if well managed, it could yield a 100 fold. I mean let's face it, you won't be thinking of going to Adenuga with a deal worth just a million naira would you?

Another name for this is called 'PRODUCT PLACEMENT'

See you soon

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 6:06am On Sep 18, 2012
23) How can an analysis be complete without talking about girls grin

...Not that way. I'm trying to point us to a way that generational 'wealth' is anchored based on marriages.
(This is touchy, and I am really sorry if I offend anyone here. But it's better u know what goes on in golden or bronze castles)

Kehinde was an aje butter teenager, anything woman excited him at this age. With a little dutch courage, he was able to rustle up the 'area' girls to satisfy his intimate urges. His dad (a top dog in an oil coy) driving back from work was begining to notice his son outside the gated estate too often. Man always understands what man is up to.

Kehinde's dad decided to call Kehinde for a chat:

"Kehinde" he said smiling, "hope you're not a local champion". "Take a look at that Guardian nespaper there". On the newspaer was written: "Abiola marries Dangote". "My son" his dad said, "this is the way it as always been, big names marry big names. Water finds its own level". "If you have to play around, look for girls from at least your right background, no matter what happens (say she gets pregnant), you'll never regret it".

We'll continue with girls/relationships later on...

2 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by shina88: 6:30am On Sep 18, 2012
Building a strong financial wealth program would be unveiled this weekend at NO COST. Are you interested and do you want to participate. To participate text name and no to 08098502001. Limited space available.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by PhysicsQED(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
Interesting thread. And that Kehinde story was funny.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by AjanleKoko: 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
Very interesting, entertaining thread.
I like to read from street-smart people.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by AjanleKoko: 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
esere826: 7]CLOSED SYSTEMS AND POWER
in fact ehn, me and una be 'donkeys', we they here dey 'work' happily for Seun, while the coconut headed boy dey hammer. But make we no vex, afterall, na 9ja boy and na so we dey make Mark Zuckerburg of Facebook hammer too

You could think of this in another context. Seun has created value, which is what occasions the patronage he enjoys from us users, and which earns him revenue from ads. He's also upped the ante by introducing design and development 'competitions', which effectively is a clever way to buy services from his users at a price he fixes himself.

He could as well have opened a beer parlour. But, hey, you get the point wink
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
@Physicsqed and Ajelenkoko (this name strong oo)
Thanks for your comments

PhysicsQED: Interesting thread. And that Kehinde story was funny.
My friends, Kehinde and I still chuckle till this day whenever we recall the story

AjanleKoko: You could think of this in another context. Seun has created value, which is what occasions the patronage he enjoys from us users, and which earns him revenue from ads. He's also upped the ante by introducing design and development 'competitions', which effectively is a clever way to buy services from his users at a price he fixes himself.

He could as well have opened a beer parlour. But, hey, you get the point wink

Yep, I get the point wel, wel.
This even gets my thoughts spiralling out of this context into practical business solutions. I am wandering why so may blank advert spaces on NL site these days. I'm not in the know of what's going on in NL, but wouldn't it be a great idea for Seun to use such space to advertise an aspect of his diversified business for now.

For example, I would think that if seun has or opens a retail outlet, such free space can be used to advertise the outlet till more adverts come. I mean, if the advert space is indeed valuable to others, then it should be also valuable to him.

Just thinking oooo
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by AjanleKoko: 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
esere826: @Physicsqed and Ajelenkoko (this name strong oo)
Thanks for your comments

My friends, Kehinde and I still chuckle till this day whenever we recall the story

Yep, I get the point wel, wel.
This even gets my thoughts spiralling out of this context into practical business solutions. I am wandering why so may blank advert spaces on NL site these days. I'm not in the know of what's going on in NL, but wouldn't it be a great idea for Seun to use such space to advertise an aspect of his diversified business for now.

For example, I would think that if seun has or opens a retail outlet, such free space can be used to advertise the outlet till more adverts come. I mean, if the advert space is indeed valuable to others, then it should be also valuable to him.

Just thinking oooo

Now you're doing business development for Seun?
LOL cheesy
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Now you're doing business development for Seun?
LOL cheesy

Yes ooo. King Solomon has got me again
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
24) Class dynamics: Up or Down?

Still on relationships...

Nosa's dad was a graduate who decide to spend his working life in the village (countryside). Nosa grew up with his uncle in the city who was a white collar worker. Nosa had this unique characteristics of being able to blend very well with kpakos. When it came to the time to get into university, it was quite tough for Nosa, but he soon settled in for a technical training, I think OND (can't remember clearly)

Nosa went off to live on his own during his tertiary training, and soon got a girl pregnant who would later be his wife. The interesting thing was that the girl only finished primary school as her topmost qualification. If you're in Nigeria, I guess you understand what this tells about the persons pedigree.

Nosa speaks good english, but is also good with pidgin. His wife was however a champion in pidgin english. As the kids came in one-by-one, something unique became glaring. They grew up as excellent pidging english speakers adding some big grammer they learnt from their dad.

Why have I brought this up?
Well, if you sit back as an observer, you'd notice 2 interesting parts to an unfolding class dynamics.
1)A lineage is gradually going down in 'class'
2) While another lineage is gradually going up in 'class'

The girl has been highly successful. In fact, she deserves an award for pushing beyond her limits. Her immediate family hold her in awe. If she had just gone along with the flow of life, she probably would have ended up as a bricklayer's wife(sorry o, not hating). Her kids would have been heavy local's, probably without access to visiting the houses of rich uncles who might be of some use later in their lives. They can even string together some good english once in a while. It can be said of her that the kids would be better than their mum.

On the other hand, as far as many members of the the guy's familly are concerned. The guy is a failure. He has ruined the lives of his kids, and pushed them down the class ladder. Now, it cannot be said of him that the kids would be better than their father.

Lets digest this a little then continue later ............
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Youngzedd(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
Interesting topic, I read every bit of this.
Thanks @Thread owner, more grease to ur elbow.

If this post is too long for u, that means it's not for u.

I dey feel like Dangote naw.

Front page pls.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
tick
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
^^^^ This guy, na winch dey worry u. U can't be this desperate naw. U think say na u like money pass?

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
25) Brand destruction vs accentuation
The examples that I have given in my last 2 or 3 structured posts should be helpful in making us aware of the consequences of our actions in relationships. I could further stretch it into explaining the way women are wired when it comes to relatioships, and how to go about cornering the best chiks. Although they are all anchored in brand theories, however this might push me out of scope entirely, so let's ease off here.

The idea is simply that those you hang out with can either diminish or accentuate one's brand value. The intersting thing about this is that it happens simultaneously, all in the same isolated relationship.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
26) "That you might increase, and I might decrease"
(By the way, that ^^ is a quote from John the Baptist to Jesus in the Bible)

Oft times, when someone (A)with a lesser brand value is in a close relationship with somone (B)with a higher value, there is a rub off. A's brand value increases, while B's brand value decreases. That's one of the reasons that Georgia Armani created the Armani Exchange as I earlier explained. This prevents the value of the haucouture (Georgio armani) brand and price to remain intact while providing for the masstige market with a cheaper product (armani Exchange).

Sometimes such rub-offs between Mr A and Mr B happens very quickly, other times, its a gradual but sure process.

My aunt, God bless her soul, has a great solution to handling this delicate situation so that she doesn't come off as being elitist, and a hater of the poor. She says "with one hand reach out below to raise people up, while with the other, reach out to those above you". This she says ensures that you are not sucked dry into the deep pit of poverty. If unfortunately you fall into such a pit, while trying to help others, you'd be amazed how those you tried to help would calously step on your head to reach out to those of more value.

This my friends is the way of life

(Just in case you have not understood the message I have tried to pass accross, In the next post, I might narrate a true story that best captures such an occurence)

2 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
Youngzedd: Interesting topic, I read every bit of this.
Thanks @Thread owner, more grease to ur elbow.
If this post is too long for u, that means it's not for u.
I dey feel like Dangote naw.
Front page pls.

Front page?!!!!! naaaa Mr Dangote. Not until i've finished wink
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 20, 2012
Thanks so much for this, pls continue. You are saving lives.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2012
@blogexpert, BoboYekini, youngzedd

Thanks guys for ur comments so far
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 10:57am On Sep 23, 2012
lol grin,

I just ready a 5 point agenda on NL for getting people rich. The comments to the posts are hillarious. I will definitely touch on some insigths pertaining to such posts in my later posts.

The 5 point agenda works alright, its the 'how' 'what' and 'why' that are the issue. It's like saying the way to become the richest man in the world is to have a patent over the sun. Yep, it sure will make you king. But how do you do it, how do you also protect the patent over the sun?. wink

There is something like this in 'soft' psychology where someone can almost accurately predict your character. The only problem with this prediction is that it is true for everybody.

Anyways, without player hating I say great job to the Poster

2 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
27) A little story anchored on post #26

You know the way it is in American college movies and also in Nigerian secondary schools wen people dey get different levels. The 'upper' levels are not supposed to mix up too much with the 'jews'.

Well, Sam the son of an middle cadre bureacrat broke this rule and mixed up with the 'jews'. He actually became best pals with one of them Rashid, even to the home level. Rashid would spend some holidays in Sam's home, while Sam would drop by for a visit to Rashid's house once in a while. Rashid was a professional leach. Gradually, Sam's relationship with the levels boys began to thaw. It wasn't so, so obvious, it was more like they no longer shared much common interests.

A little insight on how this process occured is:
1)for Sam to move with Rashid in the levels circle, he would have have to pay for 2 (Rashid and himself)
2)The levels boys were also not comfortable with Rashid because of their fear of Rashid affecting their levels girls grove
3)...so many other little details

Now, Sam was from a familly where his dad did not know how to speak pidgin english, so it was not a language that was spoken in his house. With his relationship with Rashid, he began to learn pidgin english.

Sam and Rashid later got into the same university. By this time, Sam was now comfortably positioned as a jew with a past glory (there is something about such past glories that still makes you connect with levels folks). Added to this, Sam's dad had lost his juicy position, and it was now suffering time for Sam's familly.
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2012
28 ) YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS

Sam had began to notice some silly comments and attitudes shown by Rashid and his family towards him. He felt it was due to familiarity so he let it pass, up untill a life changing event occurred

Sam and Rashid were once reading for exams together when a mutual pal came around. The guy was a jand boy. Sam then said something in the line of "I am feeling headache". Rashid reeled out in hysterical laughter, 'feeling', 'feeling?', "Its not feeling bush man, it's having a headache". Sam and Dipo (the jand boy) were visibly embarrased, not by the use of the word 'feeling', but by the putting-down of Sam by Rashid of all people. Later that night, Dipo gave Sam a good talking to. He made it quite clear to Sam that Sam had made an extremely foolish decision on his choice of friends.

O boy, na their Sam eye open, im come dey use style, style they free Rashid. Interestingly, today Sam is doing quite well for himself, but Rashid has been not too far from the same spot he left him. Even the friends and connections that Rashid developed through Sam's brand enhancement of him have been freeing him gradually.

Recently, I noticed Sam an ever loyal friend trying to give a helping hand to Rashid, and I warned him severly not to try it, at least not from close proximity.

I hope that you the reader can see how subtly these things occur. The bottom line is that we as human are so simple minded and fickle (myself included). It is therefore best to understand our actions or inactions that make us loose 'economical' (not class) values in the eyes of those we trade with. So that the conversion of such value to cash is not priced cheaply

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2012
29) Tanigororo Banigororo cheesy (You can google it)

There is this classic I read as a kid called "Stories fom an African Village". It was written by S.M.O Aka. I recomend it to you and your kids. 'Can't remember all the details clearly, but it made an impression on my young mind which I still carry till this day. I'll go on to narrate my impression from the novel. Its something like this:

Long ago, in an African village, a woman was barren but beloved by her husband. They visited a lot of native doctors, and finally arrived at the shrine of one of the most powerful ones. The native doctor gave the woman some prescription for conceiving. Things like a white goat without blemish, feather from and eagle, hair from the nostrils of an elephant e.t.c, ...and finally, she must not eat chickens.

The husband fullfilled the obligations, but some 1 year later, after trying without luck, the couple came back to the native doctor to lay their complaint. The native doctor did his incantations then started asking the woman questions. Soon the native doctor pinned the entire failure of the project to the woman's eating of eggs. "But you never said we shouldn't eat eggs" the husband exclaimed. "Ah!" said the native doctor, "must I tell you everything?" Don't you know that a chicken comes from an egg?, and besides, how can a woman that wants to give birth eat another creature's unborn child?"

He sent them off with new instructions. I think this kind of excuses from the priest went on and on for each failed project until the woman finally gave birth to her son who was named Tanigororo Banigororo.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2012
30) Ini, mini, mani, mo. My papa been get donkey

I am a christian o. I mean the tongue speaking type (so don't assume it's the anti christ speaking). But man (if ur also a xtian), does this story ^^^ not somehow (even in a little nitty bitty way) sound like the pastors/churches in Nigeria (I wonder what happens in Islam).

Here we go:
-U need to pay tithe for heavens to open
-emm, U need to give first fruits
-Ok, add free will offerngs
-Don't forget the year of jubilee giving

Heaven neva open yet?

-umhh, that is because u have not forgiven ur neighbours
-plus sin is hid in your heart
-ok, u do not honor ur pastor
-Ahh, enemies and cockroahes in ur life -die, die, die

Still nothing?
-just keep on speaking the word,
-This type goes not out but by fasting and prayers

Umhh... Ok
- angry God is testing u. When its ur appointed time, he will open up the gates of heaven and flood out his blessings on ur life

grin grin grin
This also sound like many motivational and prescriptive books if u ask me
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
31) AND MY POINT IS...
Ok, chillax. Breath in...... now out.

Prescriptions work,.... sometimes . The more vague a prescription, the greater its chances of working.
"Someone will be born within the next hour into the world". This is a prediction that is 100% true. It is true, because it is wide covering. As you narrow the time, persons and location, your prediction becomes more shakey.

There are some 'rules' of life that work 'all' the time only because they are generalistic. An example of such rule is this: if you create and sell products that people need, you will make money. This truth is almost as fixed as the nothern star.

Some have never known this basic rule. When they do discover it, its like a light burning bright, whipping a lot of excitement with its discovery. Then they try applying this rule. Time and chance, skills, luck, God, godfathers etc enables some to acheive results with this. They soon build a tabernacle on this golden nugget, and chase away anyone that dares challenge it. Those that fail repeatedly following such a principle might soon turn to pessimists. Any idea like this is shot down immediately.

OK, pause for a break... I'll continue shortly
(God please help me explain this in a plain and simple way)
Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
32) Reflecting on a popular trick (scam)

There is this trick whereby the scammers send posted mails to lets say 500 targetted gamblers predicting the results of a football fixture

>> 250 mails predict that Team A will win, and the other 250 mails predict that team B will win
>> Team B wins, and the scammers have 250 partial believers with 250 doubters (those that got Team A win predictions)
>> The scammers then divide the partial believers into two groups.
>> Mails are sent again predicting football wins for Team B vs Team C.
>> When Team C wins, 125 people are almost fully convinced, while the other 125 stop believing
>> Again, the 125 are divided into 2 groups

>> Towards the end of the project, the scammers contact the 'fully converted' (those whose predictions have been 100% successful) telling them that if they want predictions for the final results, they should pay huge sums of money. Almost all of them fall for it.

Of course, some will win, and the others loose. Interestingly, those that win might still beleive that the 'mystics' have special powers, and will be ready to pay for the next prediction.

CAUTION: Please read this with care and do not arrive at any naughty conclusions. All I am simply trying to do is unveiling the power of 'mind over matter'

2 Likes

Re: How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing by esere826: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2012
33) Web thinking(c) vs Linear thinking

This is the most important part of my entire post
. Everything I have written was designed to get us prepared and pointed to this very post
This is what differentiates you from the crowd, from the gamblers, from the prescription givers and prescription takers.
I define linear thinking as a way of thinking that is one directional. I'll show you how this works:

-If you acquire education, you will be successful.
**You then rush off to acquire education and scream blue murder when you don't get a job
-Ok, get certifications
**It worked for some people, the the door closed to everyone just before your time

umhhhhh,... not there yet? ok
Ah, I've found 7 keys to making u a millionaire

- Go get a skill
**You get a skill, nothing yet
-No, I meant get a skill that u love
**U get a skill in painting which u love, Nothing happens.
-I meant a skill that u love and that is in demand
**U do this, try to break in and then the world changes again

-umhhh.... Save and invest
**U do so, and the stock market crashes, banks go burst

Wow.... Ok,
-add God to the mix my friend, he his the key to your success. No man can bless what God has cursed.
-There you go,.. see I have handed you over to Pastor Z to continue from where I stopped. Your case is special.

If you do finally get there after this torment, you'll cling to your benefactor with the last drop of your blood

My posts are all connecting now aren't they?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Laptop Recently Arrived From China....this Is How I Did It / What's Your Response/reaction To A Coffin-seller Who Complains About Sales-drop? / Are Goods In Ghana Cheaper Than Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.