Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,454 members, 7,801,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Can Blackberry Download Rar Files Or Torrent - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Blackberry Download Rar Files Or Torrent (3086 Views)

Can Blackberry Bold 9780 Be Updated To Os 7 / Can Blackberry Storm 9530 Accept Opera Mini Browser ? / Aside Monthly Subscription, Can Blackberry Browse Using Wap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Blackberry Download Rar Files Or Torrent by brianromel(m): 11:40am On Jul 19, 2012
I recently tried to download an update for Ice cream sunday for my tablet from megashare through me sis‘s blackberry.

I noticed that each time the download starts, it stops at at 61kb. The file size for the rar file is 434mb. I also tried downloading rar files from other sites using blackberry browse and ucweb and opera still getting the same problem.

Also have the same issue with torrents.

I sid to ask, does anyone know how to download rar file and torrent files with a blackberry.
Re: Can Blackberry Download Rar Files Or Torrent by walcolm(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2012
downloading any type of file is the same...the problem you are having is a network connectivity issue and has nothing to do with the type of file you're trying to download.

if the network is too slow and the estimated time required to download your file is more than the phone's allowed limit for continuous connection, it might prevent the download from starting

in a nutshell, to download the size in question requires a minimum of a solid 3G network such that fast download speed reduces the strain on the antenna and battery

1 Like

Re: Can Blackberry Download Rar Files Or Torrent by brianromel(m): 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
First, my area is solidly mtn 3g.

Second, anytime i try to downlaod a rar file on bb browser, it says error the file is too large for this.

Uc browser downloads it, but only to 61k then it cuts off.

Open just takes forever to start the download, and if there is a break in network, thats the end of it.

By the way, is there any download manager app for a bb, that can pause and resume diwnloads.
Re: Can Blackberry Download Rar Files Or Torrent by walcolm(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
i regularly download up to 100MB files and i have received an error of file too large sometimes in the past on files larger than 400MB too

im sure you can find a download mgr on the app store but i will be surprised if its free
Re: Can Blackberry Download Rar Files Or Torrent by tonyx4x44(m): 6:38am On Jul 25, 2012
What kind of BB do you use? Cos I download rar and exe files of up to 500Mb with ucweb without any problem.

(1) (Reply)

Free Browsing On Visafone Networks / How To Make Your Internet Subscription Last 5x Longer On Your Android Device. / TECNO Spark 2 To Come With An Improved Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.