Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. (898 Views)

List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / PDP/Jonathan Govt Has Plans To Manipulate 2015 Elections - APC / Privatisation Has Failed, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by hipinnacle: 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
I THINK TODAY HOUSE PLENARY STILL GOING ON RIGHT NOW LIVE IS QUITE INTERESTING. THE MEMBERS ARE COMBINING THEIR VOICES TO CONDEMN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND MINISTER OF FINANCE FOR TELLING NIGERIANS THAT WITHOUT DEREGULATION NIGERIA ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE. THE HOUSE HAS DEBUNK THE SILLY PROCLAMATION SAYING THE GOVERNMENT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FUND HER BUDGET AND IS BUOYANT ENOUGH, SO, NO NEED TO BORROW MONEY TO FUND HER DEFICIT. THE HOUSE HAS THEN DECIDED TO TAKE AN ONUS ON THEMSELVES TO FIGHT THOSE STEALING OUR MONEY BY NOT IMPLEMENTING THE BUDGET WHOLE.
I THINK THIS IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT FROM THE 7TH HOUSE.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Gbawe: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
hipinnacle: I THINK TODAY HOUSE PLENARY STILL GOING ON RIGHT NOW LIVE IS QUITE INTERESTING. THE MEMBERS ARE COMBINING THEIR VOICES TO CONDEMN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND MINISTER OF FINANCE FOR TELLING NIGERIANS THAT WITHOUT DEREGULATION NIGERIA ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE. THE HOUSE HAS DEBUNK THE SILLY PROCLAMATION SAYING THE GOVERNMENT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FUND HER BUDGET AND IS BUOYANT ENOUGH, SO, NO NEED TO BORROW MONEY TO FUND HER DEFICIT. THE HOUSE HAS THEN DECIDED TO TAKE AN ONUS ON THEMSELVES TO FIGHT THOSE STEALING OUR MONEY BY NOT IMPLEMENTING THE BUDGET WHOLE.
I THINK THIS IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT FROM THE 7TH HOUSE.

A bit late in the day for this pontification when this current utterance would have been appreciated in January. Most Nigerians know that the FG was lying shamelessly simply because the Government was desperate to literally frighten Nigerians into accepting full subsidy removal. The talk of Nigeria "collapsing" without fuel subsidy removal was highly fraudulent and dishonest. A disgrace to Nigeria.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by hipinnacle: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
I THINK THIS AN IMPORTANT ISSUE 4 NIGERIANS TO VIEW THAT THEIR REPS. ARE DOING WELL. BETTER TO BE LATE THAN NEVER. THEY HAV EVEN THREATEN THE PRESIDENT WITH IMPEACHMENT WHICH IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT.

PLS. THIS IMPORTANT TOPIC SHOULD BE MOVED TO THE FRONT PAGE.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Gbawe: 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
hipinnacle: I THINK THIS AN IMPORTANT ISSUE 4 NIGERIANS TO VIEW THAT THEIR REPS. ARE DOING WELL. BETTER TO BE LATE THAN NEVER. THEY HAV EVEN THREATEN THE PRESIDENT WITH IMPEACHMENT WHICH IS GOOD DEVELOPMENT.

PLS. THIS IMPORTANT TOPIC SHOULD BE MOVED TO THE FRONT PAGE.

Indeed I agree with you that "better late than never". This topic should truly be on the front page of NL because, ordinarily, it indicates a development all Nigerians should be interested in. The haphazard, lawless and totally senseless way in which Nigeria is being run must stop. The truth is that Nigeria will indeed collapse if the ineptitude she is being run with continues unabated.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by jmaine: 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
Am sure we all heard the Finance minister and the CBN governor talk about the long term side effect of the previous subsidy scheme. And this long term prediction was that the economy will crash if we continued to borrow in subsidizing local consumption.

The house of reps are silly to equate a couple of months as a yard stick to barrage the Iweala led economic team . . .

P:S -----> LOL @ impeachment . . . .make them try am now grin . . .
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by edogram1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
Flush out the FG and all the ministers immediately, no good minister can perform well under this FG.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Idokojimmy: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
How has the House fared? Have they cleared themselves of their own wahala? We have not forgotten Hembe and Farouk's shameful corrupt practices that has rocked d foundation of d House. Only good men should judge.Hon members ko!
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by tobechi20(m): 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
Which house of rep? Is it the one that is involved in bribery instead of investigating the same fuel subsidy??

WHO IS DECIEVING WHO?
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Euroclydon(m): 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
jmaine: Am sure we all heard the Finance minister and the CBN governor talk about the long term side effect of the previous subsidy scheme. And this long term prediction was that the economy will crash if we continued to borrow in subsidizing local consumption.

The house of reps are silly to equate a couple of months as a yard stick to barrage the Iweala led economic team . . .

P:S -----> LOL @ impeachment . . . .make them try am now grin . . .

thats it...we shuld try and understand things before making irrelevant posts and comment...we just look at surface info and take it hook,line and sinker without proper assessment of facts on ground. Not good.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
Charity begins @ home!
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
House of rapès indeed.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 20, 2012
GEJ has failed more than failure. He is running the most corrupt and inept administration in the history of this nation.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Lisa1: 8:19am On Jul 20, 2012
Sure thing
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Gbawe: 8:32am On Jul 20, 2012
bayooooooo: GEJ has failed more than failure. He is running the most corrupt and inept administration in the history of this nation.

Well, he is now certainly up there taking his place 'proudly' among the worst we have had if one looks at all the serious problems that has developed under this divisive and ultra-corrupt Government.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by Mandelaguy(m): 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
Are they state govt? If there is failure,the bulk of the blame should fall on them(any sensible person should not ask me why) because this page will not be enough for me to write on their shortcomings. Anyway,the subsidy removal saved us from further rape from the people that were supposed to protect and project this economy. What we got in return was diversion of funds and destruction of what was left of the shrinking economy. Let me not bore you with what you already know,the govt has not failed,all their nyansh will be blow open by breeze like fowl nyansh,after all, Farogue,Hembe and co were elected by us to act as checks and balances......what did we get?
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by djustice: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
These legislooters actually expect Nigerians to support them in their hypocrisy, and truly, some gullible buffoons, or their paid agents on this most visited Nigerian site in Nigeria are actually cheering the bribe-takers on. Nigerians truly deserve the kind of representation they get in the house. The bribes taken by Lawan and solicited by Hembe were not isolated. It is common practice in the House, and the Speaker collects returns from each committee. They are crooks and should all be arrested for corruption. Probe is what they said they were doing, instead, they were finagling bribes from those they claimed to be probing. Awon ole alatenuje oloshi.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by jmaine: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
J12: [size=14pt]House of rapès indeed.[/size]

No mind those national treasury rapists grin
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by wesley80(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
djustice: These legislooters actually expect Nigerians to support them in their hypocrisy, and truly, some gullible buffoons, or their paid agents on this most visited Nigerian site in Nigeria are actually cheering the bribe-takers on. Awon ole alatenuje oloshi.
gringrin
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by manny4life(m): 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Why focus on the FG?

To me, that statement should be reworded - "The Nigerian Govt has been failing since democrazy". When I mean Govt, I'm talking about the three arms of government - Executive, Legislative and Judiciary + the three types of Govt - Federal, State, and Local Government.
Re: The Federal Govt. Has Failed-says House Of Rep. by asemota2012: 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
It is not only the federal govt that has failed Nigeria even the members of the Nigeria house of rep and the senators has failed Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

David Cameron Is Fed Up Of Abu Qatada Deportation Row: / National Newspaper Headliness(monday, 07 January 2013) / What Is The Greatest Invention On Planet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.