Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

A Dance In The Dark. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Dance In The Dark. (782 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / The Dark Tommorow / What Lurks In The Dark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Dance In The Dark. by ANYPEN(m): 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
She sat quietly in the middle of other relatives on the pew directly facing the pulpit dressed in black from head to toe. Well placed between the pulpit & first set of pews was the long big box containing the remains of her mother lying still in her final attire. Throughout the series of activities marking her mother's farewell, she sat right there dancing in the dark. the look of pity on everyone's face annoys her far more than what is suppose to be the calamity that has befallen her. She wished they can dance with her but "no, this dance is for me alone, I understand if they aren't dancing with me", she thought.
Before this moment, she's been everywhere that has the word "spiritual" tagged on their walls & gates-----she's been to churches, ifa, osun, obatala & other spiritual places, their revelations has been the same " your mother is a witch & as long as she lives, you won't have your own child"
Now that she has her breakthrough, people are mourning in the light, She has swore not to join them instead, she dances away in the dark. "Oh! A dance in the dark is so sweet. With just you on the dance floor, you won't have to bother on who you may step on or who may be stepping on you. Just move even though you can't see your dance steps, you feel the dance floor smoothness with just you on it." she thought, wishing she can tell someone.
" you've got to stop looking @ me that way! Yes, am talking to you Mr.Reader. If this is a crime, then, everyone is a criminal!
that little joy you can't show when that friend, senior colleague @ work (or your boss),relatives or neighbour go through their misfortune or that little happiness you can't express that comes with bad news is what is called 'a dance in the dark'....... You don't have to admit this here, you don't have to tell anyone, not even me because I've told you mine. Just have fun when it's time you wanna dance in the dark."

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two Kinds Of People You Should Runaway From / Why Some Men Remain Single / Xtie's Diary<==>'Get Lost'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.