Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

How Did Life Begin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Life Begin? (1311 Views)

How Did Life Really Start? / How Did Black People Become Black? / When Does The Human Life Begin In The Theistic Worldview? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
Okay the crux of the debate has been the existence (theism) or nihilance (atheism) of God. You would agree with me that after a long while on this forum, atheists have been unable to produce any credible or plausible evidence to either support their assertions that there is no Jehovah God or to back up their theories with regards to the source and origin of life. This is quite disheartening, considering the level of noise atheists make on this forum.

You would also agree with me, that logically the best way to analyse the God question would be to answer the question of the origin of life. Because if for instance, there is plausible and exceptional evidence or logic which proves that the universe or life has no creator, catalyst or super-intelligence behind it, then it would once and for all assert that there is no God. But at the moment, everything logical illustrates the influence of a super-intelligence behind the present material world (universe) and life itself.

The floor is open. There is just one question; what is the origin of life as we see it today?

1 Like

Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
The bible makes a bold assertion that God created everything and hence, is the source of life. I am a protagonist of this claim. Simply because of both the faith and logical application of this assertions. Perhaps, the reality of faith is lost on everyone. Hence, I choose to define faith for the purpose of this thread. It is the simple interpretation of evidence to support a belief. This is applicable to both religionists and atheists. Atheists believe that there is no God, even though they have no evidence to back this claim. They believe that there is no heaven or hell, they also have no evidence for this. atheists erroneously assert that prayers are a waste of time even though they have no evidence for it.

On the contrary, as a Christian, I hear from God daily, I see visions every now and then of the things to come, which always come to pass. I pray and receive assurances in my spirit that my prayers are answered. Hence, I can personally assert that there is Jehovah God who reigns in the heavens. For the purpose of this thread, a Christian with personal proofs is not relying on faith but on a perception of intangible and abstract things to assert that there is God. an atheist on the other hand, who without access to God asserts that God does not exist for the sake of convenience, without any proofs and hence relies on FAITH.

Does my personal christian reality constitute an emprical proof for the existence of God? No. But it does help in constructing the foundation of the case that God does exist.

1 Like

Re: How Did Life Begin? by Delafruita(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
the bible makes a good claim for creation,but so do thousands other religion.the yorubas have their creation story,so do the ashante,so do the greeks and so do the mesopotamians.i must state that most evidence tilts towards creation.i have studied evolution,read darwin's "origin of species" countless times,followed arguments from darwinians and i can state with a certain level of certainty that evolution isnt a tenable explanation for how the world came to be.even darwin himself stated in the book that his findings couldnt prove anything and that he hopes in latter years,fossils will be found to prove him right.those fossils havent been found till date.
honestly,i havent devoted time to the big bang theory so i cant dismiss it with a wave of the hand.though if i were to go by what i have heard from others,it doesnt sound plausible.
i have also heard of the theory of the black hole which i have also not studied.
i have followed the quest by scientists to find the source of life.they have met with failures which would explain why the discovery of the higgs boson was met with a lot of hoopla.if the higgs boson is what it is believed to be,then scientists have found what they have been looking for-the god particle which might explain how the world came to be.
however,from what i have read,the higgs boson in itself cannot account for life.it will require a combination with other existing theories before a sensible scenario can be presented
Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
^^^

Makes complete sense. The issue has always been folks designing theories to suit preconceived notions (non-existence of God) as in the case of evolution, big b.ang amongst others and then FALSELY interpreting evidences to back them up.
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
jamb question.
life started like joke like joke....BEST ANSWER.... chosen by voters.

1 Like

Re: How Did Life Begin? by Delafruita(m): 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
noetic16: ^^^

Makes complete sense. The issue has always been folks designing theories to suit preconceived notions (non-existence of God) as in the case of evolution, big b.ang amongst others and then FALSELY interpreting evidences to back them up.
i dont fully agree with you.scientists view the creation story as just another story from a large catalogue of folklore.they genuinely want to find out how the world began but its not in a bid to disprove the creation myth,its in a bid to find out for finding out sake
Re: How Did Life Begin? by ijawkid(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
The truth is wether atheists believe in Yahweh,Allah or not,they are convinced in 1 way or the other that life had a cause,a beginning.........

Because the intricacies of the universe surely does need an explanation....

And denying d fact that there is a creator behind all of it is delusional......

2 Likes

Re: How Did Life Begin? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Haven't you guys been through this topic a million times before? You are all yet to be any wiser. So what is the point? If the bible god is the origin of life on this planet, what is the origin of his life? If nobody can know the answer to that, why keep asking the question over and over again? Totally senseless.
noetic16: Okay the crux of the debate has been the existence (theism) or nihilance (atheism) of God. You would agree with me that after a long while on this forum, atheists have been unable to produce any credible or plausible evidence to either support their assertions that there is no Jehovah God or to back up their theories with regards to the source and origin of life. This is quite disheartening, considering the level of noise atheists make on this forum.

You would also agree with me, that logically the best way to analyse the God question would be to answer the question of the origin of life. Because if for instance, there is plausible and exceptional evidence or logic which proves that the universe or life has no creator, catalyst or super-intelligence behind it, then it would once and for all assert that there is no God. But at the moment, everything logical illustrates the influence of a super-intelligence behind the present material world (universe) and life itself.

The floor is open. There is just one question; what is the origin of life as we see it today?
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Kay17: 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
My post was hidden!
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17: My post was hidden!

probably for the best. I doubt you were going to make any meaningful contribution with it anyway.
Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
Delafruita:
i dont fully agree with you.scientists view the creation story as just another story from a large catalogue of folklore.they genuinely want to find out how the world began but its not in a bid to disprove the creation myth,its in a bid to find out for finding out sake

Fair enough . . . .but the bible accounts remains the most plausible
Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
Jenwitemi: Haven't you guys been through this topic a million times before? You are all yet to be any wiser. So what is the point? If the bible god is the origin of life on this planet, what is the origin of his life? If nobody can know the answer to that, why keep asking the question over and over again? Totally senseless.

what if the bible God is the potent and only source of life?
Re: How Did Life Begin? by ijawkid(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2012
I will say this that atheists are the ones who'll loose big time....
Why??

If @ d end of the day after all the rantings""THERE IS NO GOD"" ,and there is a GOD, what then??destruction follows...u guys wuld regret big time

Atheists will always be @ d loosing end...

If I as a theist believe there is a GOD and @ d end of the day there is no God(just giving an example,because ofcus I believe there is God over all d earth),then I don't stand to loose anything...life continues...

But for u atheists if @ d end of it all a God really does exist na casala go burst for ona head o......

Because d bible as Gods word,Gods creative works has revealed enough that there is a creator...but u guys refute it...

U guys are strictly on ur own.....
Re: How Did Life Begin? by mkmyers45(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2012
ijawkid: I will say this that atheists are the ones who'll loose big time....
Why??

If @ d end of the day after all the rantings""THERE IS NO GOD"" ,and there is a GOD, what then??destruction follows...u guys wuld regret big time

If I as a theist believe there is a GOD and @ d end of the day there is no God(just giving an example,because ofcus I believe there is God over all d earth),then I don't stand to loose anything...life continues...

But for u atheists if @ d end of it all a God really does exist na casala go burst for ona head o......

Because d bible as Gods word,Gods creative works has revealed enough that there is a creator...but u guys refute it...

SORRY SIR...but don't throw that into the box as it won't stand it k?
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Kay17: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2012
ijawkid: I will say this that atheists are the ones who'll loose big time....
Why??

Don't discount the numerous Gods and religions.
Re: How Did Life Begin? by ijawkid(m): 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
Kay 17:

U guys refute every possibility that there is a creator....

Its nt gonna sound funny when @ d end of it all there really is......

That's just my lil advice to y'all.....

theists have nothing to loose even if @ d end of this whole debate there isn't a God...

But like I said earlier an atheist will loose everything if he finds out @ d end that there is A God up there....

Let the day u find out about God not be on the day of his anger.....

That's my loving advice....
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ believe a god exists but uv never seen it aπϑ U̶̲̥̅̊ make urself believe U̶̲̥̅̊ r seeing visions.Ūя̲̅ faith blinds U̶̲̥̅̊ aπϑ U̶̲̥̅̊ can't see that Ūя̲̅ bible is just a version of fairy tales written by dumb sheperds aπϑ the other S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called kings aπϑ prophets.if U̶̲̥̅̊ on bbm ȋ̝̊ want τ̅☺ hav a conver wit d person who started dis thread...U̶̲̥̅̊ believe everything is possible by god but it can't cook an egg with cold water.who is fooling who.
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2012
And what if he isn't? Even if he were(which i don't believe), the question of the origin of "his" life remains to be answered. So going back to your original question about the origin of life.
noetic16:

what if the bible God is the potent and only source of life?
Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
mkmyers45:

SORRY SIR...but don't throw that into the box as it won't stand it k?

why not?
Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
Kay 17:

Quite LAME. The subject of discourse is Jehovah God.
Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
garden tobi: U̶̲̥̅̊ believe a god exists but uv never seen it α̲̅πϑ U̶̲̥̅̊ make urself believe U̶̲̥̅̊ r seeing visions.Ūя̲̅ faith blinds U̶̲̥̅̊ α̲̅πϑ U̶̲̥̅̊ can't see that Ūя̲̅ bible is just a version of fairy tales written by dumb sheperds α̲̅πϑ the other S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called kings α̲̅πϑ prophets.if U̶̲̥̅̊ on bbm ȋ̝̊ want τ̅☺ hav a conver wit d person who started dis thread...U̶̲̥̅̊ believe everything is possible by god but it can't cook an egg with cold water.who is fooling who.

whats your point?
Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2012
Jenwitemi: And what if he isn't? Even if he were(which i don't believe), the question of the origin of "his" life remains to be answered. So going back to your original question about the origin of life.

you did not answer my question because you are incapable of intellectually assimilating the implications.

Life has to have a definitive source who has no source for its own existence.
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
Jenwitemi: Haven't you guys been through this topic a million times before? You are all yet to be any wiser. So what is the point? If the bible god is the origin of life on this planet, what is the origin of his life? If nobody can know the answer to that, why keep asking the question over and over again? Totally senseless.
hmm read this somewhere but cant recall. Do characters in a novel question the existence of the writer?

1 Like

Re: How Did Life Begin? by Kay17: 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2012
noetic16:

Quite LAME. The subject of discourse is Jehovah God.

At the point of death, there are many options: Jehovah, Zeus, Odin etc
Re: How Did Life Begin? by mkmyers45(m): 12:26am On Jul 25, 2012
noetic16:

why not?
the subject is origin of life and nobody has the answer
Re: How Did Life Begin? by noetic16(m): 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
good old days
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Kay17: 1:49pm On Jan 24, 2015
noetic16:
Okay the crux of the debate has been the existence (theism) or nihilance (atheism) of God. You would agree with me that after a long while on this forum, atheists have been unable to produce any credible or plausible evidence to either support their assertions that there is no Jehovah God or to back up their theories with regards to the source and origin of life. This is quite disheartening, considering the level of noise atheists make on this forum.

you would also agree with me, that logically the best way to analyse the God question would be to answer the question of the origin of life. Because if for instance, there is plausible and exceptional evidence or logic which proves that the universe or life has no creator, catalyst or super-intelligence behind it, then it would once and for all assert that there is no God But at the moment, everything logical illustrates the influence of a super-intelligence behind the present material world (universe) and life itself.

The thread was not adequately dealt with. There is no sin in rehashing it.

The bolded is pregnant with its suggestions and prejudices. Atheists only need to attack the very idea of the God being. They can prove that by showing it is a psychological conditioning or it is a result of ignorance or comparing it to other similar phenomena (other Gods). Hence the question of the Origin of All Life is not incidental to the question of the God being's existence.

Amongst the suggestions and prejudices Noetic16 raises, is the idea of intelligence outside Life. That intelligence can exist outside life forms, which in itself is an unfamiliar and unpopular concept. He does not devote adequate attention to it, rather sneaks it in into the discourse.

So until Noetic16 can address these, he has not raised any real issue.
Re: How Did Life Begin? by Hiswordxray(m): 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
U̶̲̥̅̊ believe a god exists but uv never seen it aπϑ U̶̲̥̅̊ make urself believe U̶̲̥̅̊ r seeing visions.Ūя̲̅ faith blinds U̶̲̥̅̊ aπϑ U̶̲̥̅̊ can't see that Ūя̲̅ bible is just a version of fairy tales written by dumb sheperds aπϑ the other S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called kings aπϑ prophets.if U̶̲̥̅̊ on bbm ȋ̝̊ want τ̅☺ hav a conver wit d person who started dis thread...U̶̲̥̅̊ believe everything is possible by god but it can't cook an egg with cold water.who is fooling who.
cooking an egg with cold water is a small thing, we have done more than that.
And for your information, we see God.
Just because you didn't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
God and search for God and you would find him. But if you are not willing then leave those alone who had find. And continue to live you miserable life.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Classic. It Speaks To Me. Does It Speak To You? / Was There Only One Man Named Jesus? / Christian Website: Jesus Second Coming Will Be Exceedingly Violent . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.