Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

A Difficult Question About Allah - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Difficult Question About Allah (6364 Views)

Beautiful Story About Allah's Forgiveness / What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus / Lets Talk About Allah Or Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by maclatunji: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
Logicbwoy: Erm......wait!

I reread this whole thread and realised that an outsider reading this thread would assume that me and maclatunji are fighting for Fellis's love.

First of all, we both praise her comment which Lagoshia noted (flattery)

Then I got banned by Mac (Jealousy)

Then I came back asking Fellis if I am the bad guy (acting like the innocent fine boy)

Then Mac tells Fellis that I'm a nuisance and that he is the boss. (flexing moderator muscle for the girl)

Now, we both lost her! sad

lmao!

This has gone crazy!

Laughing My Freaking Self Out (LMFSO). Please tell me whose "love " Seun was fighting for when he banned you.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
maclatunji:

Laughing My Freaking Self Out (LMFSO). Please tell me whose "love " Seun was fighting for when he banned you.

Oh, you're now responding to me?

See how mentioning fellis makes Maclatunji do wonders?

Everyone can see that my comment there was a joke.

Why do I have the feeling that Seun banned me on your recommendation? My first ban ever was by you for a week. Immediately I came back from banishment, I was banned permanently by Seun. Atheists dont really believe in coincidences.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Oh, you're now responding to me?

See how mentioning fellis makes Maclatunji do wonders?

Everyone can see that my comment there was a joke.

Why do I have the feeling that Seun banned me on your recommendation? My first ban ever was by you for a week. Immediately I came back from banishment, I was banned permanently by Seun. Atheists dont really believe in coincidences.

how ironic! what a contradiction of the atheist religion.
did i hear you say atheists dont believe in coincidence? but you believe the universe came into being by chance or coincidence? grin grin grin
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by ghostofsparta(m): 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
maclatunji:

Oh please! You have to trust my judgement as moderator. I have hidden the post and will not show it here. Logicboy has to understand that his posting here's a privilege not a right and apply due discretion. I may entertain no further questions on this matter. I am being lenient by even allowing his new monicker.

You have no right to ban 'Cheers01'. There are other thread appropriate for new muslim-to-be converts that you could have posted the link to, instead of encouraging further talks about 'dawar' in order to further derail an already derailed topic. What you did is nothing less of a despotic moderator.

Cheers01:
Ah Fellis! Great answer.

You sound like a skeptic. grin grin grin grin

What is so great about his/her answer? You don't even sound like the logicboy whose analytical approach I usually savour. You don't even seem to know the meaning of a 'skeptic'. How can't you see where 'fellis' argument crumbles on itself. You are there commending him. I think you somehow deserve the banning. You could have won this thread of yours but instead you allowed it to be hijacked like 911, only to plunged back at you by getting banned on your own thread. Let me show you 'a way' of how you ought to have answered Felix The Cat.

fellis: This topic wasn't deleted?
Anyway my opinion: Religion thrives largely on faith not logic so it would not be right to apply logic alone when answering a question like this.
According to religion, omnipotence is something that can only be applied to a Creator that lives in a realm that is greater than the earthly realm. As a result of this, the explanation of omnipotence or the definition of omnipotence would be different/much greater in the realm in which the Creator lives.
Understanding what omnipotence truly means is likely to be limited to those of us in a world in which intellectual processes are limited and not as great as what is taught by religions, to exist in the higher realms.
So my opinion is that we can only grasp part of the real meaning of omnipotence since we live in a world where it is not possible.

Heh! Heh! You fellis think you made sense abi? Anyway you tried sha! I'll give you 2/10 and until you come up with something better kindly take a look at the bolded^^^

According to your argument, you asserted that the concept of omnipotence is only entitled to a creator who "lives in a realm that is greater than the earthly realm”...okay agreed....but wasn't allah or yaweh credited with the creation of the world(earth)? So if he has the capacity to create an earthly realm which is lesser to the realm he lives in, then why can't he create such a rock that he can't move/lift in a lesser realm he created? I hope you realise the obvious ïllogic 'Cheers01' was unable to detect in your response, because he was too perplexed by your 'perspective' to the issue. I have thought about the omnipotent paradox so deep that it can't be self-resolved. Its an epitome of a contradiction.

Cheers01:
Can Allah create a substance that he can not destroy?

Even common men have created certain chemical compounds that can't be destroyed.

Cheers01:
Can Allah create a god being stronger than hinmself?

If he can, then he is not a God, but if he can't then wouldn't make him better than the scientists who created Doomsday! Doomsday killed his creators and yet they made him.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by maclatunji: 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
^Errrr "brilliant judge" Muslims cannot be prevented from posting in their own section on any thread. This is a Muslim enclave within Nairaland. Logicboy seems to be doing a "great job" of advertising Islam, so much so that people find his thread attractive to post comments on to ask about our religion . He has two, sorry three options:

1. Ignore this section.

2. Get used to and abide by the rules and

3. Continue to have a hard time with me.

He is a very slow learner indeed.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 12:11am On Jul 23, 2012
LagosShia:

how ironic! what a contradiction of the atheist religion.
did i hear you say atheists dont believe in coincidence? but you believe the universe came into being by chance or coincidence? grin grin grin

Lol...how literal of you. Do you like taking things out of context? Did I not show that I was talking about coincidences in human actions (Seun banning me)?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 12:21am On Jul 23, 2012
maclatunji: ^Errrr "brilliant judge" Muslims cannot be prevented from posting in their own section on any thread. This is a Muslim enclave within Nairaland. Logicboy seems to be doing a "great job" of advertising Islam, so much so that people find his thread attractive to post comments on to ask about our religion . He has two, sorry three options:

1. Ignore this section.

2. Get used to and abide by the rules and

3. Continue to have a hard time with me.

He is a very slow learner indeed.

I am not a slow learner. I just dont give up. I'm like Naruto, I grow on people. You might not like me now but you will later on. Why? Because I am a very open/honest person. Whatever I do, I do it for a clear reason. grin (ask Fellis about Naruto if you dont understand the reference)

Maclatunji, giving me a hard time only works to my advantage. Every time you ban me, you make me more motivated to double up on my actions. Furthermore, are you noticing that it is getting harder and harder for you to ban me without some backlash from others? Remember when your power was unquestioned? Everytime you ban me, I keep finding innovative ways to criticize islam. That is the way of the Hidden leaf ninja.....erm....sorry....too much Naruto reference!
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 12:26am On Jul 23, 2012
ghostofsparta:

You have no right to ban 'Cheers01'. There are other thread appropriate for new muslim-to-be converts that you could have posted the link to, instead of encouraging further talks about 'dawar' in order to further derail an already derailed topic. What you did is nothing less of a despotic moderator.

lmao! Thanks for having my back bro!

ghostofsparta:
What is so great about his/her answer? You don't even sound like the logicboy whose analytical approach I usually savour. You don't even seen to know the meaning of a 'skeptic'. How can't you see where 'fellis' argument crumbles on itself. You are there commending him. I think you somehow deserve the banning. You could have won this thread of hours but instead you allowed it to be hijacked like 911, only to plunged back at you by getting banned on your own thread. Let me show you 'a way' of how you ought to have answered Felix The Cat.

Love is blind! My love for fellis blinded me, it weakened me! How could I criticize a muslimah so pure, so pretty...........

Okay, back to serious business. Fellis already accepted that faith and logic are two very different things. That was enough for me. My question was based on logic and a faithful person wouldnt see the problem with omnipotence.

ghostofsparta:
Even common men have created certain chemical compounds that can't be destroyed.

If he can, then he is not a God, but if he can't then wouldn't make him better than the scientists who created Doomsday! Doomsday killed his creators and yet they made him.

Yep, that was my argument in a nutshell. As for the indestructible compounds, scientists might find a way to destroy them, so lets be careful.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 12:50am On Jul 23, 2012
ghostofsparta:

yes that is exactly because they are "common men" and not God.if they had enough knowledge,they will have better insight into what they're creating.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 12:54am On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Lol...how literal of you. Do you like taking things out of context? Did I not show that I was talking about coincidences in human actions (Seun banning me)?

human actions? what is the other kind of action? divine action? lol.thought you dont believe in a divine being and his divine actions? shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 1:06am On Jul 23, 2012
LagosShia:

human actions? what is the other kind of action? divine action? lol.thought you dont believe in a divine being and his divine actions? shocked shocked shocked

Grasping at straws? Did I say that there were other types of actions like divine actions?

What you mean to ask if there are other instances of coincidence- eg coincidence in nature, a tree shaped like a human.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 1:24am On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Grasping at straws? Did I say that there were other types of actions like divine actions?

What you mean to ask if there are other instances of coincidence- eg coincidence in nature, a tree shaped like a human.

you said you do not believe in coincidence.and how do you know what you are citing is coincidence? a tree shaped like human? do you really know what a human being looks like for you to cite a tree "shaped like human"?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2012
ghostofsparta:
What is so great about his/her answer? You don't even sound like the logicboy whose analytical approach I usually savour. You don't even seen to know the meaning of a 'skeptic'. How can't you see where 'fellis' argument crumbles on itself. You are there commending him. I think you somehow deserve the banning. You could have won this thread of hours but instead you allowed it to be hijacked like 911, only to plunged back at you by getting banned on your own thread. Let me show you 'a way' of how you ought to have answered Felix The Cat.
How very nice of you to pretend that you don't know what gender I am.
When the reason for your counter argument was because you saw a joke about logic and mac fighting for me and so you assumed that all they were doing was showering empty praises on the rubbish I wrote.

ghostofsparta:
Heh! Heh! You fellis think you made sense abi? Anyway you tried sha! I'll give you 2/10 and until you come up with something better kindly take a look at the bolded^^^

According to your argument, you bla bla bla.
If you had settled down to read that post, you would probably have seen the first part of my explanation where I wrote that it can be explained in a religious/faith based manner. You were talking about how you have thought of the omnipotence paradox and how it can never permit omnipotence in a logical sense. Do you think I don't know that? Do you think I came across the omnipotence paradox for the first time on this thread?
Thank you for rating my answer 2/10, I also rate your ability to comprehend half over ten.

@logic and mac,
I hope this constant misunderstanding between the two of you does not get worse.
Please don't take Nairaland too personal, just try to have fun with whatever you came here for.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2012
fellis:
@logic and mac,
I hope this constant misunderstanding between the two of you does not get worse.
Please don't take Nairaland too personal, just try to have fun with whatever you came here for.

Sharap there!

Your head is now swelling because of flattery or what?

I am not taking Nairaland too personal. Just tell your guy to stop banning me when I did not break any rules.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by ghostofsparta(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
fellis:
How very nice of you to pretend that you don't know what gender I am.
When the reason for your counter argument was because you saw a joke about logic and mac fighting for me and so you assumed that all they were doing was showering empty praises on the rubbish I wrote.

Pretend ke? How? How am I suppose to know your gender? when you've only caught my notice lately. One of them, I think logic referred to you as a she/her somewhere while I presume you to be a male...which I'm still confuse which you are.

fellis:
If you had settled down to read that post, you would probably have seen the first part of my explanation where I wrote that it can be explained in a religious/faith based manner. You were talking about how you have thought of the omnipotence paradox and how it can never permit omnipotence in a logical sense. Do you think I don't know that? Do you think I came across the omnipotence paradox for the first time on this thread?
Thank you for rating my answer 2/10, I also rate your ability to comprehend half over ten.

See, me I'm someone with an acute logic mindset, just as I once find it difficult to understand some seemingly illogical topics/concepts in mathematics is so I find most things in the Bible and Quran illogical. To me..Calculus requires deep logic, patience and intellect to grasp, Bible which I have always find it hard to grasp, but pains me when others can relate to it and not me, then I realise Oh! Some are following the Joneses by merely just accepting it as the "word of God" and not really trying to understudy it like I once wanted to in order to get inspired as so many had claimed, while the other religious packs used faith - which is believing in things without intellectual logic and or proof/evidence. I can't believe someone who isn't even an alchemist turned water to wine and the other who isn't a giga-titan did something relating to the moon and a sword because it doesn't process with my own logic and rationale, but I would believe that someone can't be hurt after getting hit by a bullet because that is African supernaturality called juju or jazz which some of us but not everyone have witnessed which is what drives my interested to unravel the advanced Yoruba/African sci-tech behind it so as to show the whole world we've got something unique....no be oyimbo to dey do everything na. In conclusion - Logic and faith are simply 2 incompatible thought process.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by vedaxcool(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

I dont report! I am not a communist informant (big brother is watching you!).

As for doing Dawah, yocould have told Royal to meet you on another thread.

As for teacher and student, I give up on my Shia lessons. Unfortunately, I dont like Sunni/Wahabbi and so, I am going to try Ahmadiya! grin grin grin

Man the thread you open reporting Mac up and down the forum is what? communist?

Nah guy, he was answered briefly and this sort of thing happen alot in different topic! calling people crazy because of such is very low brow!

As for you and you teacher, truly if i were a principal and this was a school, i would cane your teacher silly for being highly incompetent!
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by ghostofsparta(m): 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
LagosShia:

yes that is exactly because they are "common men" and not God. if they had enough knowledge,they will have better insight into what they're creating.

Sorry but please allow me to call your response Mumu...

What makes you think man's knowledge is static or non-progressive.

See the bolded

Are you the defender of God? Why are you speaking for God?

Don't you know that the abrahamic deities are nothing but pure semitic conception shoved down the black man's throats by the Europeans and Arab Fulanis who brought it, while your own indigenous deities such as Ayilala or Amadioha or Oguun which aren't conception but confirmed energies known to work but condemned by your slave masters and here you all are today defending another man's conception, even killing for it, look at Nigeria today despite how overtly religious everyone is. I started a thread about - would Nigeria be better off if our so called leaders were to swear by our traditional deities and from the comments I studied it re-confirmed my thoughts that many Nigerians know more about the Jewish Yaweh/Jeovah and the Arab's Allah than their own ancestral deities which have re-painted to them to mean something satanic and demonic. Why is it that If you violate or challenge any of the native deities, it would defend itself without needing any fanatic or extremist or Mutalab or Anders or knights crusaders or desert jihadists to defend it. If I desecrate any of the so called Holy Books, the christians would persecute me today or burn me as an heretic back then, while their islamic partner in crime would pronounce a fatua on me demanding for my head as punishment for violating allah. Point is - why not leave your Yaweh and Allah to fight for himself rather than killing peeps because of a Denmark drawing. Bokoharam fighting for Allah. Etc.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
vedaxcool:

Man the thread you open reporting Mac up and down the forum is what? communist?

Nah guy, he was answered briefly and this sort of thing happen alot in different topic! calling people crazy because of such is very low brow!

As for you and you teacher, truly if i were a principal and this was a school, i would cane your teacher silly for being highly incompetent!

1) I did not call you crazy. I asked if you were.

2)You know why fellis challeneged Maclatunji for banning Cheers01? Because I told her in that other thread about Mac's tyranny. I told her that no muslim complains when Mac wrongly bans someone. My statement came to pass with the banning of Cheers01. Even LagosShia was supporting MAC (hypocritically, he was begging for support after Mac banned his Shia conspiracy azz).

3) From number 2, I opened that thread to challenge Mac. When I first opened it in the Islam section, it was deleted. That thread was not reporting, it was asking for justice. So, I opened the same thread in the christian section which was more exposing on Maclatunji's tyranny.

4) LagosShia can not teach me anything. I can see through his shilling for Iran. Shia conspiracy nonsense
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Sorry but please allow me to call your response Mumu...

What makes you think man's knowledge is static or non-progressive.

See the bolded

Are you the defender of God? Why are you speaking for God?

Don't you know that the abrahamic deities are nothing but pure semitic conception shoved down the black man's throats by the Europeans and Arab Fulanis who brought it, while your own indigenous deities such as Ayilala or Amadioha or Oguun which aren't conception but confirmed energies known to work but condemned by your slave masters and here you all are today defending another man's conception, even killing for it, look at Nigeria today despite how overtly religious everyone is. I started a thread about - would Nigeria be better off if our so called leaders were to swear by our traditional deities and from the comments I studied it re-confirmed my thoughts that many Nigerians know more about the Jewish Yaweh/Jeovah and the Arab's Allah than their own ancestral deities which have re-painted to them to mean something satanic and demonic. Why is it that If you violate or challenge any of the native deities, it would defend itself without needing any fanatic or extremist or Mutalab or Anders or knights crusaders or desert jihadists to defend it. If I desecrate any of the so called Holy Books, the christians would persecute me today or burn me as an heretic back then, while their islamic partner in crime would pronounce a fatua on me demanding for my head as punishment for violating allah. Point is - why not leave your Yaweh and Allah to fight for himself rather than killing peeps because of a Denmark drawing. Bokoharam fighting for Allah. Etc.

you are talking nonsense.

Islam does not teach about a local idol the hands of men carve out.Islam taught me about the Lord of the Worlds,the Unique One Unseen Almighty Creator of all.

you evade the point in my post and drifted to reply merely for the sake of replying and in the process drifted to pour out your imaginations and hallucinations.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by vedaxcool(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

1) I did not call you crazy. I asked if you were.

2)You know why fellis challeneged Maclatunji for banning Cheers01? Because I told her in that other thread about Mac's tyranny. I told her that no muslim complains when Mac wrongly bans someone. My statement came to pass with the banning of Cheers01. Even LagosShia was supporting MAC (hypocritically, he was begging for support after Mac banned his Shia conspiracy azz).

3) From number 2, I opened that thread to challenge Mac. When I first opened it in the Islam section, it was deleted. That thread was not reporting, it was asking for justice. So, I opened the same thread in the christian section which was more exposing on Maclatunji's tyranny.

4) LagosShia can not teach me anything. I can see through his shilling for Iran. Shia conspiracy nonsense

@ bolded lol grin grin grin grin grin

at remainder, your problem lies in the fact that you do not admit your own wrong, for instance, Mac has banned me for like an hour before, even though I considered it harsh, but I acknowledge my own fault in the equation. Secondly you will also have to acknowledge, historical data, the fact that you have done stuff like these before, is what is still haunting you, past behaviour makes future behaviour like these intolerable, and if reporting is synonymous with seeking justice, then you should have sought justice by reporting people derailing ur thread at least u did so before!
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Pretend ke? How? How am I suppose to know your gender? when you've only caught my notice lately. One of them, I think logic referred to you as a she/her somewhere while I presume you to be a male...which I'm still confuse which you are.
Ok. Sorry I said you were pretending. But why did you attack my post without reading through the whole thread? I might have changed my stand later on in the thread now. . . . . . .

ghostofsparta:
See, me I'm someone with an acute logic mindset, just as I once find it difficult to understand some seemingly illogical topics/concepts in mathematics is so I find most things in the Bible and Quran illogical. To me..Calculus requires deep logic, patience and intellect to grasp, Bible which I have always find it hard to grasp, but pains me when others can relate to it and not me, then I realise Oh! Some are following the Joneses by merely just accepting it as the "word of God" and not really trying to understudy it like I once wanted to in order to get inspired as so many had claimed, while the other religious packs used faith - which is believing in things without intellectual logic and or proof/evidence. I can't believe someone who isn't even an alchemist turned water to wine and the other who isn't a giga-titan did something relating to the moon and a sword because it doesn't process with my own logic and rationale, but I would believe that someone can't be hurt after getting hit by a bullet because that is African supernaturality called juju or jazz which some of us but not everyone have witnessed which is what drives my interested to unravel the advanced Yoruba/African sci-tech behind it so as to show the whole world we've got something unique....no be oyimbo to dey do everything na. In conclusion - Logic and faith are simply 2 incompatible thought process.

It sometimes takes conscious effort to discard logic and embrace faith when the situation arises. Not everyone thinks in the same way.
I'm guessing you weren't born into an atheist family.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
Modified
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2012
vedaxcool:

@ bolded lol grin grin grin grin grin

at remainder, your problem lies in the fact that you do not admit your own wrong, for instance, Mac has banned me for like an hour before, even though I considered it harsh, but I acknowledge my own fault in the equation. Secondly you will also have to acknowledge, historical data, the fact that you have done stuff like these before, is what is still haunting you, past behaviour makes future behaviour like these intolerable, and if reporting is synonymous with seeking justice, then you should have sought justice by reporting people derailing ur thread at least u did so before!

You cant see the harshness of Maclatunji if you're not a muslim. One should be very afraid of the guy. He indirectly stated that he would disown a member of his family if the member was a female that married an atheist. The guy is mad with power.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

You cant see the harshness of Maclatunji if you're not a muslim. One should be very afraid of the guy. He indirectly stated that he would disown a member of his family if the member was a female that married an atheist. The guy is mad with power.

You call a moderator mad?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2012
maclatunji:

You call a moderator mad?

Wow.....why do i feel scared to answer that question?

Yes, you're intoxicated with power! Why do you feel the need to ban me, when a warning could suffice?

You dont even laugh at my jokes. This is not healthy for you. Do you have atheist friends?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by maclatunji: 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Wow.....why do i feel scared to answer that question?

Yes, you're intoxicated with power! Why do you feel the need to ban me, when a warning could suffice?

You dont even laugh at my jokes. This is not healthy for you. Do you have atheist friends?

I don't want or need atheist friends. It is not your fault that you are so hyperactive but your not curbing yourself is the problem.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
maclatunji:

I don't want or need atheist friends. It is not your fault that you are so hyperactive but your not curbing yourself is the problem.

Lol....can you make the statement in bold in public? You dont want atheist friends but you can use their technology eg Windows OS By agnostic/atheist Bill Gates. Or what about cars? You better not drive a Toyota or Honda or KIA (products of godless countries)

Why do you guyz always think that I am a kid? I am not hyperactive! Just zealous in my atheism. grin
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by ghostofsparta(m): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
fellis:
Ok. Sorry I said you were pretending. But why did you attack my post without reading through the whole thread? I might have changed my stand later on in the thread now. . . . . . .
I didn't attack your point. I criticised it deconstructively.

fellis:
It sometimes takes conscious effort to discard logic and embrace faith when the situation arises. Not everyone thinks in the same way.
I'm guessing you weren't born into an atheist family.
Like I said logic and fate are completely different. One can only settle for one not toggle in between the two. If you ask me, faith is a lazy excuse not to apply the rigorous intellect required by logic.

You guessed wrong, I was born into a family of liberal minded folks.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by ghostofsparta(m): 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
LagosShia:

Islam does not teach about a local idol
Didn't islam instruct to destroy other peoples shrines and deities spot. What you call idols and kaferis in Islam.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2012
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2012
~Royal~:

Trolling my thread again so that I will get banned?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Sweetnecta: 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
my only response to this questioner is if he can make a 3 sided perfect circle? if he can not then he should look at his question and the reasoning behind it is lacking "good" logic. Allah has made His Presence manifested in each of us even if we ignore everything around us.

While we age and become frail and wither away for another generation to replace us in strength, wisdom and logical knowledge, Allah is opposite He does not age, wither, frail away, replaced by another, etc. He is perfect from before the beginning and shall be so even after the ending. There is no diminishing in Him or about Him.

Just like He said that it does not befit the Majesty of God to have a son, so it does not befit Him to engage in manual labor like in the "moving of a rock!" Ford motors does not create a vehicle that can not be driven. Everything that is designed by a designer must be from the knowledge of the designer, including the weakness[es] of what was designed.

It is impossible for God to die, etc. In the same vein, it is impossible that God is in the realm of those who can not control everything. We call those with limitation[s], creations. It does not befit God to behave like creation who can not create anything, can not move anything if God does not want them to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Importance And Significance Of Tara'weeh During Ramadan / Don't Forget To Give Your Zakaat Fitri Before Eid / How To Complete The Qur'an This Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.