Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:05 PM

Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded (13671 Views)

Designing A Home Theater Cinema On A Budget / Picture Of Colorado Movie Theater Shooters And Court Update / After Colorado Shooting,families Hear The Worst Possible News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
a couple in the theater said when they first heard the gun shots, they thought it was like special sound effects and another statement goes about the bullets and people running to be like some publicity stunt. but the Tear gas got them going sha...sad anyway
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
seedord247: So many killings happen here in america. The killing in new orleans alone can be used to measure boko haram bombings. grin
Nonsense! You speak from a myopic point of view forgetting that there are cultist killings on almost daily bases in your schools,universities and society. The daily road accidents on Nigerian roads are more than enough to compare with rare occurrences like the Colorado incidence.

Must you always make comments when you don't have anything meaningful to say?
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
This is what scares me about the USA, too many unpredictable crazy people roaming around there
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by DICKtator: 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
Damn!. too Bad
The Shooter(s) got 14, wounded 50
Batman was nowhere to be [size=200pt]FOUND [/size]!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry sad sad sad cry cry cry
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by kemesty(f): 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
brownlord:

If it where to be in my great country, police will arrive the scene 2 hours after the shooter has gone, and yet they will arrest suspect and investigation will commence, then our president will condemn the attack and they will be on top the situation, Nigeria foolish people, useless nation
Mehn, this gat me rolling on the floor laughing. You forgot to add that a committee will be set up to deliberate on the case. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Chongaiman: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
mrkels: Why am I not suprised...there was a movie that came out last month in the US with exactly the same EMO...this guys watch that film and decided to make it real...what's the title again self? Something America...ok ''GOD BLESS AMERICA'''

Same thought crossed my mind as soon as I heard the news. The similarities with the film are too many to be coincidental. While striving for development, I hope we will not become so advanced as to lose our humanity. Sadly, such seems to be the case with Uncle Sam.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by linearity: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
miteolu:

But, The time police arrived were not specified. So, do not couple that with Nigerian Police emergency attendance.

"...The first call of a shooting came in 39 minutes after midnight, and police were on the scene between one and one-and-a-half minutes. Oates estimated 25 officers in total responded. Holmes was arrested in the back of the theater and "surrendered without any significant incident for our officers, Oates said..."

Source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/colorado-shooting-news-conference_n_1690270.html
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2012
dasparrow:

Its funny how you go on a tantrum insulting another Nigerian all because of amerikkka. Why are you not on an american online forum since you are oh so passionate about them? Funny thing is, I remember when the Dana air crash happened, many americans made dispicable, insensitive and condescending remarks about Nigeria and her citizens on the yahoo comment section.

It is very pathethic when I see Nigerians like you who will go all out to defend americans and their country. How many americans (white and black of non Nigerian descent) will go as far as insulting a fellow american citizen on an american online forum to defend Nigeria and/or Nigerians? How many?

I have always known that most Nigerians are daft and that is why they will defend and support people from far away lands over their own fellow compatriots. A people who by the way don't give a damn about you, your fellow compatriots or your country. Nigerians have no sense of patriotism at all. This is why I have respect for Ghanians, a patriotic people unlike our people.

I wonder why we still have a country called Nigeria where most of her citizens are selll outs who will worship the western world with all their hearts and soul while the western world views and treats her citizens like crap and keeps them in abject poverty through their carefully thought out IMF and world bank policies.

@Post

What happened is nothing new. It is a very common occurence in the United States. You will see a lunatic wake up one morning and go to his high school and gun down teachers and students. Some lunatics will go to universities and gun down professors and students. Often times, public places are where these type of tragic occurences occur the most. There are many psychos running free on the streets of america and all that is needed for a tragedy of this magnitude to occur is for a riffle to get into the hands of the wrong person. Oh well!
what!!!!! where in my post did i defend america??can u see what is not there when it is not there??
I spoke to that guy cos he said bs about people who died and for your info,my church has held prayer sessions for victims of bokoharam here so when u do not know,do not speak,you sit there and say I am busy defending america,where did i defend america,if u have a problem reading,go back to school.i know people who got shot and for your info 2 are of nigerian decent but people like you would rather go on and on about the ills of america rather than show respect to those who got injured or killed
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
If this had happened in Nigeria, and the news had appeared on American discussion forums, you'd find many American posters using the event to re-inforce their racist impressions of Africans as opposed to ''extending sympathy to the bereaved''.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Khams: 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
He should be well iterrogated. He must be Boko Haram!! angry angry
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Waxx: 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
It would be more disrespectful to act like this never happened. To not show the world that the face of evil comes in all forms. Regardless of there background or there race or there country. This could be anyone. Show the world I say.. Let them see the monsters being created by the system.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by luluosas(m): 12:14am On Jul 21, 2012
So sad. RIP to the dead. On a serious note, I watched Emmanuel Tv this evening and I saw them replaying the prophecy the TB Joshua gave in June, 2012, to the nation of America, how a man will come to where people are gathered and will start shooting. He warned America to pray and specifically mentioned homeland security.
They then played the CNN breaking news of this disaster as the confirmation of the prophecy. Well, it has happened and I wish people and nations will pray next time when TB Joshua ask them to do so. What a sad news!
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 21, 2012
london2lasgidi: Is this the democracy American is exporting to people?
God bless the dead but America has killed too many people in foreign countries to have empathy on those people. sad
God will be with them but I won't be checking the updates. undecided

that was lame.

@topic may they rest in perfect peace and that idi0t get the chair. cheesy
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Henry40: 12:38am On Jul 21, 2012
Always
[size=200pt]WHITE MALES!![/size]

And yet they think we're Savages!
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by kandiikane(m): 1:03am On Jul 21, 2012
Only in America. Majority of them should be in mental hospitals.

Crazy people.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by linearity: 1:21am On Jul 21, 2012
luluosas: So sad. RIP to the dead. On a serious note, I watched Emmanuel Tv this evening and I saw them replaying the prophecy the TB Joshua gave in June, 2012, to the nation of America, how a man will come to where people are gathered and will start shooting. He warned America to pray and specifically mentioned homeland security.
They then played the CNN breaking news of this disaster as the confirmation of the prophecy. Well, it has happened and I wish people and nations will pray next time when TB Joshua ask them to do so. What a sad news!

I do not want to burst your bubble, but mass shots is almost a yearly occurrence in the USA; such that prophesying that it will occur this year is like prophesying that it will rain this year.

It is very easy to obtain guns legally in the USA and in a country of 100s of millions of people, the law of statistic indicates that there is 100% chance of one or two people getting insane enough to work up people and start shooting.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by linearity: 3:53am On Jul 21, 2012
dedeike: So this kind thing fit happen for US? I thought its only in Nigeria.So there's a "Retardeen" in America too? So the gun show that Boko Haram exhibited in Yobe could be replicated in a more exclusive place like cinema? What happened to their intelligence unit? Where did the police go? Abi they no get SSS?

When i say that suicide killing is a peculiar challenge to any nation, many accuse us for making excuses for GEJ's" weakness".
But the truth remains that it can happen to any people. And theres little or nothing you can do about it.

There are no boundaries to terrorism and acts of terrorism. Yesterday, we saw it happen in Bulgarian shores against tourists. Today, we have seen it manifest in Colorado, US.
Rather than condemn and blame OBAMA for this disaster, Americans would rather prefer to condemn the attackers. They would not seek to score cheap political points on this senseless killing.
They respect the sanctity of human lives and wouldn't want to glorify the perpetrators of this evil by shifting blames to the president or govt.

I do not think anyone will condemn the President for this....Law enforcement is localized in the USA unlike in Nigeria and the Police responded within 90 second, take the suspect into custody and calm down the situation.

I doubt if incidents like these are preventable, there will always be a couple of insane people in the society,especially when that society is made of 100s of millions of people and that society pride's itself on its second amendment rights to bear arms. It is far easier to legally own guns in American than in the US, the problem is States have the final say about gun ownership...there are more relaxed laws in the west like Arizona and the farther you get to the East coast like New York & New Jersey, the laws become tighter but any citizen without felony and clean medical records can own a gun....the problem is the individual that medically sane today might not be the same tomorrow or two years down the road...
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by comradefery: 6:33am On Jul 21, 2012
emmysenior: Obama once said that bokoharam insurgency is as a result of poor infrastructure and poverty plus corruption, in this case, what could possibly be the root cause of this?
That shooting was a one off case, involving a single shooter whose motive must be ascertained by the authorities. The most important thing is that the Police arrived swiftly and got him arrested, and bet me, the wounded would be given the best of treatment, and non would be flown abroad, and the Police will not tell you they are on top of the situation, or that they will leave no stone unturned in arresting the perpetrators, cos they do not seek useless publicity!
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by ikachi1: 6:39am On Jul 21, 2012
searay: I hope actor no die.
I'm still waiting to hear Boko Haram claiming responsibility.

Actors de inside the screen. I no sure say bullet go kill them for inside the screen.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by Ignatio(m): 9:50am On Jul 21, 2012
Holmes is 24 year old medical student. Maybe dude failed his exams and decided to vent aggression on innocent people.

His house is rigged with active trip wires and explosive devices. This shows that he has a good knowledge of IEDs.

Probably he must done a lot of shooting practice to know how to handle those guns.

Why did he surrender to the police?

He dyed his hair red and thinks he's the joker. Brain dysfunction is not left out.

In a nation where it's easy to acquire guns like recharge cards incidents like this shouldn't be a suprise.

America has a problem.

Imagine watching a movie in Silverbird and suddenly someone starts to spray bullets on everybody.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by darmiex(f): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
the story is that the guy ordered 6000 rounds of ammunition online. why on earth should it be possible to order ammunition online?[b][/b][color=#770077][/color]
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by kcharlem(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2012
this is sucide bomber
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by SuyaEater(m): 2:25am On Jul 23, 2012
Imagine if this was a black male or a muslim....what will be said...it sure wont be mental illness like they use to make excuses for white males..
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by DICKtator: 8:51am On Jul 23, 2012
SuyaEater: Imagine if this was a black male or a muslim....what will be said...it sure wont be mental illness like they use to make excuses for white males..

^^^^^
Simply cos blacks are not as prone to mental illnesses as the deranged whites(no offense) are.
This is something we should be proud of!!!!!.
Re: Colorado Theater Shooting: 14 dead, 50 Wounded by deleo16(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Ladies Go To BBNaija Just To Get Customers - OAP Nedu (Video) / Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies / 'Nigerian Idol’ Music Reality TV Show Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.