Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? (89657 Views)

List Of Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since May 29 Inauguration - CGPI / Worst Performing Governors According To CGPI October Report / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by perez100: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2012
Good day to you all.

First, let me introduce myself briefly - I am Perez working for an International Organisation in its Regional Office here in Nigeria, and we have been undertaking this research to find out the top 5 performing Governors in Nigeria. We started from top 10 performing Governors and from the votes we gathered, we cut it to 5. Every interested person is entitled to vote but at the end of it all we will come out with accurate results that will represent peoples' opinions. It will interest me to state here some of the views and the rankings of the Governors base on the votes and information gathered so far. We will take opinions here and add them to the ones already gathered. Just vote or say your mind, and I plead that attacking or insulting someone base on his or her opinion is not allowed. Let mature minds vote, and let ones opinion be his or her opinion.

The result gathered so far shows their rankings as follows -

1. Rochas Okorocha – Imo State Governor
2. Akpabio Godswil – Akwa Ibom State Governor
3. Raji Fashola – Lagos State Governor
4. Oshiomole – Edo State Governor
5. Rotimi Amachi– Rivers State Governor
[b]5. Chime - Enugu State Governor
(2 Governors battle for the 5th position)[i][/i]

Rochas - Many argued that Rochas has performed more than all the Governors pointing out that his one year in office has transformed Imo State, his Security votes cut down, road constructions, and Imo State University is virtually enjoying free education which no other governor has dreamed off, and employment created. They also stated that Imo State is paying the highest minimum wage in Nigeria despite its little revenue. They argued that if Rochas should have half of Lagos State revenue, Imo State will be like Dubai under Rochas administration . Kicks - Others see Rochas as pretending, stressing that he is just doing this to be considered as the next President or to get second term, and then come back and sell Imo state.

Akpabio - Many also argued that Akpabio has embarked on massive construction of roads, creating employments. They also believed that developments witnessed in Akwa Ibom State have never been seen in the state since its inception. They also said that for a Governor to perform well like this even when he is not coming for second term shows that he is not a pretender. Kicks - Others see his performance as a result of the revenue allocation which Akwa Ibom State is among the top 5 revenue earning states from the Federal Government.

Fashola - Many also argued that Fashola has performed more than all the governors that have ruled Lagos State. Infact, they said that his performance has dwarfed Tinubu's when he was in the Office. They also argued that Lagos roads are being repaired from time to time and new roads constructed on daily basis. The BRT is working perfectly to reduce traffic on the Lagos Roads, and employment created. Kicks - Others argued that Fashola's performance is based on the revenue that is allocated to Lagos, couple with his huge internal generated revenue, and inspite of this revenue, Lagos State University tuition fee is sky-rocketed to the level that the total money a student of Imo State University will spend throughout his stay in the University is lower than that which a student of Lagos State University will spend for only 1 year in the school.

Generally, the opinions maintained that the top 5 states have done enough to keep their states clean, reduce touts, and create employments, construct roads, carry the people along and finally, they are the peoples' Governors.

The above are just few opinions of people for the top 3 contenders. For you, who are the best performing governors? Arrange them in order of your preference.

[b]Note: We are taking our data here: As a matter of fact, Governors Mimiko and Peter Obi got out of the list at the dying minute of our last research, voting and compilation.[/b]

8 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by plcgroup: 10:13am On Jul 21, 2012
Very good rating - to me the 5 governors are performing but I feel it should be this way:

1. Rochas
2. Fashola
3. Akpabio
4. Oshiomole
5 Mimiko

To amend my Post - the below post is coming after I read all the comments while the topic was at page 14.

Based from comments posted here, I am now convinced that Rochas Okorocha is the best performing governor in Nigeria. This is without biased. I read all his achievements within 100 days in office, and I believe no governor in Nigeria either dead or alive equaled Rochas achievements within 100 days in office. Then think of when he will be in office for 4 good years. I am not saying that the other 4 governors didn't perform, but they queue behind Rochas of Imo State.

So, with every indication, free of bias, the list should be this way:

1. Rochas Okorocha "All Time Best Governor"
2. Akpabio
3. Fashola
4. Oshiomole
5. Chime

I understand that to whom more is given, more is also expected from him. So, Fashola has been given a lot in terms of resources, though he tried, but if you place him side by side with Rochas, and with equal resources, then figure the rest out.

As for those governors with little resources, you have to prove the little you have. We are not telling you to construct equal number of roads with Fashola, but if you perform with the little resources at your disposal like Rochas is doing right now, then, we will know how to rate you.

Long Live Rochas - the Governor of the Governors
Long Live Imo State - under Rochas
Long Live Akwa Ibom State - under Akpabio
Long Live Lagos State - under Fashola
Long Live Edo State - under Oshiomole
Long Live Enugu State - under Chime

As for my state, Abia State, may God give us a governor like, Rochas or Akpabio or Fashola or Oshiomole or Chime.

Long Live Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by floriana(m): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2012
Why is Seriake manliness-son not on the list? He has successfully achieved the impossible by appointing an illiterate as a PS. No other governor has ever done that.

17 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Yeske2(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2012
^^^
Dickson to manliness-son, Seun no go kill me. lols
Anyway for me, it's
Rochas
Fashola
Akpabio
Oshio baba
Chime

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by 9jaIhail(m): 11:08am On Jul 21, 2012
My best Governors are:

1. Rochas
2. Fashola
3. Akpabio
4. Oshiomole
5 Chime

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:56am On Jul 21, 2012
Well all the above listed gov'nors have all performed well "even though they are pretending' it does'nt matter,wat matters is dat they are doing something" and if you think dat pretending is not good, let your state gov'nor pretend to give you free education like rochas....
for me the list should be like dis
1 raji fashola
2 rochas okorocha
3 akpabio
4 chime
5 oshomole

9 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by nnemmpi(m): 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
Okorocha,apkabio,fashola,oshomole,leyi imoke
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by bashr8: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
SULLIVAN CHIME of enugu state is the best performing governor in nigeria and pls dont dare compare him with adams oshimole.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by suyu: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
nnemmpi: Okorocha,apkabio,fashola,oshomole,leyi imoke

I second

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by seunlayi(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
Going by the media propaganda in Oyo state, I would have expected Gov Ajimobi to be among d first five. He was said to over constructed, repair roads etc. when their is nothing on ground except Mokola bridge to show for a whole year.

6 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
1, Fashola
2, Amaechi
3, Akpabio
4, Okorocha
5, Oshiomole

Sule Lamido, Danjuma Goje, Bukola Saraki tied in the last dispensation but I have not been convinced about their successors.

Aregbesola appears trying too, but I need to be sure it's not all hype because of his tendency to talk to much.

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
Thank God peter obi's name is not here

5 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by lacasa: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
floriana: Why is Seriake manliness-son not on the list? He has successfully achieved the impossible by appointing an illiterate as a PS. No other governor has ever done that.

grin grin grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by lacasa: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2012
1. Fashola
2. Rochas
3. Akpabio
4. Sule Lamido
5. Oshiomole/al-makura/ajimobi

Others
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by stolenstone: 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ochendo of Abia state please!
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Yorisb: 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
stolen stone: Ochendo of Abia state please!
grin
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by easyfem(m): 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
Fashola
Okoracha
Mimiko
Apkabio
Oshomole

12 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Lisa1: 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by finito1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2012
perez100: Good day to you all.

First, let me introduce myself briefly - I am Perez working for an International Organisation in its Regional Office here in Nigeria, and we have been undertaking this research to find out the top 5 performing Governors in Nigeria. We started from 10 top performing Governors and from the votes we gathered, we cut it to 5. Every interested person is entitled to vote but at the end of it all we will come out with accurate results that will represent peoples' opinions. It will interest me to state here some of the views and the rankings of the Governors base on the votes and information gathered so far. We will take opinions here and add them to the ones already gathered. Just vote or say your mind, and I plead that attacking or insulting someone base on his or her opinion is not allowed. Let mature minds vote, and let ones opinion be his or her opinion.

The result gathered so far shows their rankings as follows -

1. Rochas Okorocha – Imo State Governor
2. Akpabio Godswil – Akwa Ibom State Governor
3. Raji Fashola – Lagos State Governor
4. Oshiomole – Edo State Governor
5. Rotimi Amachi– Rivers State Governor
[b]5. Chime - Enugu State Governor
(2 Governors battle for the 5th position)[i][/i]

Rochas - Many argued that Rochas has performed more than all the Governors pointing out that his one year in office has transformed Imo State, his Security votes cut down, road constructions, and Imo State University is virtually enjoying free education which no other governor has dreamed off, and employment created. They also stated that Imo State is paying the highest minimum wage in Nigeria despite its little revenue. They argued that if Rochas should have half of Lagos State revenue, Imo State will be like Dubai under Rochas administration . Kicks - Others see Rochas as pretending, stressing that he is just doing this to be considered as the next President or to get second term, and then come back and sell Imo state.

Akpabio - Many also argued that Akpabio has embarked on massive construction of roads, creating employments. They also believed that developments witnessed in Akwa Ibom State have never been seen in the state since its inception. They also said that for a Governor to perform well like this even when he is not coming for second term shows that he is not a pretender. Kicks - Others see his performance as a result of the revenue allocation which Akwa Ibom State is among the top 5 revenue earning states from the Federal Government.

Fashola - Many also argued that Fashola has performed more than all the governors that have ruled Lagos State. Infact, they said that his performance has dwarfed Tinubu's when he was in the Office. They also argued that Lagos roads are being repaired from time to time and new roads constructed on daily basis. The BRT is working perfectly to reduce traffic on the Lagos Roads, and employment created. Kicks - Others argued that Fashola's performance is based on the revenue that is allocated to Lagos, couple with his huge internal generated revenue, and inspite of this revenue, Lagos State University tuition fee is sky-rocketed to the level that the total money a student of Imo State University will spend throughout his stay in the University is lower than that which a student of Lagos State University will spend for only 1 year in the school.

Generally, the opinions maintained that the top 5 states have done enough to keep their states clean, reduce touts, and create employments, construct roads, carry the people around and finally, they are the peoples' Governors.

The above are just few opinions of people for the top 3 contenders. For you, who is the best performing? Arrange them in order of your preference.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Lisa1: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
BUMPS
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by ediko5(m): 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
nnemmpi: Okorocha,apkabio,fashola,oshomole,leyi imoke
Did i hear u say imoke?
Can u tell me few good things imoke has done for the betterment of his citizens rather than increases taxes every where at more than 200%. And also employing area boys to stand every 50 metres on d road n extort money from motorist or are you talking about the watt market where a common hawker who hawks around n sell will pay a daily tax of 160 naira. This man is a real dump thief.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Atiob(m): 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
Rochas, fashola, oshiomole, akpabio and sulivan

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Martmore: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
No northernm gov there, cos i think niger state gov(aliyu) dey try.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Elueme: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2012
The above governors are unarguably the best the country has at the moment but for time, resources and trust I will pick Akpabio over Fashola and Rochas. Reason: Some have argued that Rochas is performing to earn himself the presidency. U can't rule it off, just 2 days ago he confirmed this suspicion. Fashola has too much money to perform after all no administrator has failed in Lagos even from the military era.. Akpabio has been tested and trusted, all he's doing is out of a genuine love and interest of his kinsmen... Even before the state became this wealthy, Akpabio has set mercenary in place to make the Akwaibom dream a reality.. He is not dreaming of presidency or anything, he is serving his second term and still blazing
AKPABIO GODSWILL
ROCHAS OKOROCHA
RAJIV FASHOLA
ROTIMI AMAECHI
ADAMS OSHOMOHLE/CHIME SULLIVAN

8 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
wia is T A ORJI? DIS LIST IS FAKE WITHOUT HIS NAME. GO TO ABIA STATE AND SEE FOR URSEF LIVE FISH PONDS ON THE ROAD AND MOTOR CANT EVEN SWIM DEM COX OF TRNSFARIN DISEASE TO THE ROAD PONDS grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by collinsJn(m): 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
Nice Compilation, But I Think Rochas Name Should Not Be On The List,Giving He Is Barely One year I'm Office.
Peter Obi All The Way!

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by basty: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
My candid opinion would be:
1. Raji Fashola
2. Godswill Akpabio
3. Adams Oshiomole
4. Rocha Okorocha
5. Amaechi Rotimi

I need to point out one thing that, no Lagos State Governor has performed better than Lateef Jakande.
I am choosing Fashola as my number one Governor because of co-existence of various nationalities in Lagos. Fashola has feared well in area of security, beautification, roads building, health (building more Hospitals), education and so forth.

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by ogochukwunasa1: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
Why is an hausa governor's name not on d list. Mschewwww
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Eifeh(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
Akpabio fashona chime mimiko okorocha

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by tonyx4x44(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
Rochas
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Silensa(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2012
, Fashola
2, Amaechi
3, Akpabio
4, Oshiomole
5, Chime
Rochas has done nothing here

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi's House: Where Man Who Designed Nigeria's Flag Lives / Fayose Wore T-shirt To Aso Villa As He Attends NEC Meeting In Buhari's Absence / Bashir El-Rufai Eating Pounds And Kissing His Girlfriend [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.