Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? (89672 Views)

List Of Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since May 29 Inauguration - CGPI / Worst Performing Governors According To CGPI October Report / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by DaBozz(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
Akpbio
Rochas
Fashola
Oshomole
Ameachi.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Benissues(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
My list:
1.Apkabio
2.Fashola
3.Rochas
4.Oshiomole
5.Liyel Imoke

@Edicolove.....why do u tke evri little avenue 2 castigate n insult our reverred,respecatble n reputable Governor Oshobaba....i suspect u re a benin pdp sychophant n a zenpist.......dis was hw u were runnin ur mouth all over d thread,wen results were been collated on NL, in d jst conluded election!....If u dnt like Oshobaba.....go huge Transfomer!
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2012
Dipwater:

Bros I understand ,obi is trying sha but we expect a lot 4rm him.the thng u met on ground were constructed by ngige the former gov. Its not as if obi is not working ,its just that ngige achievements has dwarfed obi' s work. I am 4rm anambra state ,my people are industrious ,they don't depend so much on the govt, they make thngs happen by themselves

Every state has its own challenges .anambarians could be difficult atimes
ngige did nothing about education in his time.the roads he constructed are in anambra central.he did not do anywork in anambra north.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by wandeay: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
decrox199: numerous τ̅☺ mention...take A̶̲̥̅̊ trip τ̅☺ D̶̲̥̅̊ state n c 4urself

see wetin, abeg tell me if its true, i willl answer yes, compare it wit previous administration, and ondo state's allocation, also compare him with other performing governors, mimiko my foot
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by gst101: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
@perez i understand you are neutral on this issue. But you have to understand that whatever you get can not be entirely trusted owing to the fact that what shapes people's mind is media and the media is owned,focused and based in the forest of the west, gullys of the east and creeks of the polluted areas of the mangrove. This explains why the govnors of the fertile benue and niger, cool climate of the platueax, natural beauty of the mambila, school diversed river kaduna and the parks of the bauchi and gombe.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by MrEverest(m): 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
1.Rochas Okorocha of Imo state
2.Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom.
3.Babatunde Fashola of Lagos.
4.Sulivan Chime of Enugu state.
5. Adams Oshiomole of Edo state. May God bless them.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by kpolli(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
perez100: Good day to you all.

First, let me introduce myself briefly - I am Perez working for an International Organisation in its Regional Office here in Nigeria, and we have been undertaking this research to find out the top 5 performing Governors in Nigeria. We started from 10 top performing Governors and from the votes we gathered, we cut it to 5. Every interested person is entitled to vote but at the end of it all we will come out with accurate results that will represent peoples' opinions. It will interest me to state here some of the views and the rankings of the Governors base on the votes and information gathered so far. We will take opinions here and add them to the ones already gathered. Just vote or say your mind, and I plead that attacking or insulting someone base on his or her opinion is not allowed. Let mature minds vote, and let ones opinion be his or her opinion.

The result gathered so far shows their rankings as follows -

1. Rochas Okorocha – Imo State Governor
2. Akpabio Godswil – Akwa Ibom State Governor
3. Raji Fashola – Lagos State Governor
4. Oshiomole – Edo State Governor
5. Rotimi Amachi– Rivers State Governor
[b]5. Chime - Enugu State Governor
(2 Governors battle for the 5th position)[i][/i]

Rochas - Many argued that Rochas has performed more than all the Governors pointing out that his one year in office has transformed Imo State, his Security votes cut down, road constructions, and Imo State University is virtually enjoying free education which no other governor has dreamed off, and employment created. They also stated that Imo State is paying the highest minimum wage in Nigeria despite its little revenue. They argued that if Rochas should have half of Lagos State revenue, Imo State will be like Dubai under Rochas administration . Kicks - Others see Rochas as pretending, stressing that he is just doing this to be considered as the next President or to get second term, and then come back and sell Imo state.

Akpabio - Many also argued that Akpabio has embarked on massive construction of roads, creating employments. They also believed that developments witnessed in Akwa Ibom State have never been seen in the state since its inception. They also said that for a Governor to perform well like this even when he is not coming for second term shows that he is not a pretender. Kicks - Others see his performance as a result of the revenue allocation which Akwa Ibom State is among the top 5 revenue earning states from the Federal Government.

Fashola - Many also argued that Fashola has performed more than all the governors that have ruled Lagos State. Infact, they said that his performance has dwarfed Tinubu's when he was in the Office. They also argued that Lagos roads are being repaired from time to time and new roads constructed on daily basis. The BRT is working perfectly to reduce traffic on the Lagos Roads, and employment created. Kicks - Others argued that Fashola's performance is based on the revenue that is allocated to Lagos, couple with his huge internal generated revenue, and inspite of this revenue, Lagos State University tuition fee is sky-rocketed to the level that the total money a student of Imo State University will spend throughout his stay in the University is lower than that which a student of Lagos State University will spend for only 1 year in the school.

Generally, the opinions maintained that the top 5 states have done enough to keep their states clean, reduce touts, and create employments, construct roads, carry the people around and finally, they are the peoples' Governors.

The above are just few opinions of people for the top 3 contenders. For you, who is the best performing? Arrange them in order of your preference.

[b]Note: We are taking our data here: As a matter of fact, Governors Mimiko and Peter Obi got out of the list at the dying minute of our last research, voting and compilation.[/b]

Fashola has done nothing so pls remove his name from any list. . . Traffic is worse, roads are still bad, we are being taxed and made to pay toll. . .Some of us don't fall for his screensaver moves
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Buxomz(f): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
1..GODSWIlL AKPABIO 2..GODSWiLL AKPABIO 3....CHIME 4.....ROACHERS 5....SUSWAN
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by MrEverest(m): 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
gst101: @perez i understand you are neutral on this issue. But you have to understand that whatever you get can not be entirely trusted owing to the fact that what shapes people's mind is media and the media is owned,focused and based in the forest of the west, gullys of the east and creeks of the polluted areas of the mangrove. This explains why the govnors of the fertile benue and niger, cool climate of the platueax, natural beauty of the mambila, school diversed river kaduna and the parks of the bauchi and gombe.
why do u guys up north always settle 4 mediocrity? FYI your gov and elites hav mortgaged ur present n future on selfish political avarice! THIS IS NOT FEDERAL CHARACTER but geniune performers, get it!
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by doctorgold(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
for me, the list is not complete without gov. mimiko of ondo state. take it or leave it. ondo state cannot be luckier.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by gst101: 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
people here are mainly frm the lower part of the country and are also aggressively antagonistic toward anything malo thats why they are not giving us credit even when they can see that we are more efficient with the little we have.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Ayubaayo: 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
NEROSKY:
Am in Enugu,am 4rm Enugu, I school in Enugu..
So why is Sulivan even in D list
He should be in top 40 not even top 36
He is D only Odious Governor ever produced
♈♡Ü need to com see ESUT /IMT
Banding Okada wif No Alternative,even little
He is D only Insidious and cluEless Man In Coal CirI
He don't deserve any kinda plaudits..
Anyway, kudos to ROCHAS!!!! He rocks!!!
Suli Sucks!!!!
Top 5 clueless And cruelty Governors
1.Peter Obi
2.Chime Sulivan
3.mention D rest...
oohhhboi! See ENGLISH. You said you graduated from Eshoot?! Am also in Enugu, from Enugu, and studied in Enugu, so tell me why Sullivan Chime shouldn't be on the list? And if you've got nothing intelligible to say, just shut the f*ck up.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by EkoIle1: 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
These AGIPA/Rochas people are the most delusional people in the world.

The man is not only incompetent, you people can not even show us a common hen cage this man don build. The fact the you people mention him in the same breath with Fashola means it nothing but tribalism speaking and not reality.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
gst101: perez if you dont take my suggestions into consideration then you are not being fair. I forgot to mention jang and yakowa. These people together with shettima are suppose to be named the best considering the challenges they have at hand.
Epic FAIL!
By your analogy, Ibori, Odili, Attah, Igbenedion and Alams were wonder performers during the last administration considering the high level of insecurity due to the militancy in the region .
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by wandeay: 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
lanjum: I think Mimiko of Ondo too is trying also,his achievements include,Mega schools,Mother and child Hospital free medical care,free shuttle for students,Water fall roundabout that serves as recreations centre for Ondo State people and so on.

you've made mistakes, mega schools are profit oriented, mother and child hospital is a public-private partnership, free medical care only occured during the past administration, free shuttle for student are buses given to states by FG in order 2 ease fuel subsidy hardship and only available in d state capital, also most times, students hav to stay in the sun for abt 2 hours b4 d arrival of d bus, water fall is built @ alagbaka, close to government house and only serves those around the area, we are talking about democracy, wat mimiko is doing shows he is using ondo for business, quote me wrong
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by adefo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
decrox199: numerous τ̅☺ mention...take A̶̲̥̅̊ trip τ̅☺ D̶̲̥̅̊ state n c 4urself

If i ask u to mention now, all u are going to list is modern market (local govt. Chairman project),maternity(the so call mother and child),on going dualization of arakale road for the past 3 yr,water fall at alagbaka while people dont ave common bore hole in dere local govt,bus stop painted with labour party color,renovation of adesida road...less i forget mega(begger) skl....so what else has he done upon all d allocation d state is receiving...pls point out where am wrong
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by noble84: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
Elueme: The above governors are unarguably the best the country has at the moment but for time, resources and trust I will pick Akpabio over Fashola and Rochas. Reason: Some have argued that Rochas is performing to earn himself the presidency. U can't rule it off, just 2 days ago he confirmed this suspicion. Fashola has too much money to perform after all no administrator has failed in Lagos even from the military era.. Akpabio has been tested and trusted, all he's doing is out of a genuine love and interest of his kinsmen... Even before the state became this wealthy, Akpabio has set mercenary in place to make the Akwaibom dream a reality.. He is not dreaming of presidency or anything, he is serving his second term and still blazing
AKPABIO GODSWILL
ROCHAS OKOROCHA
RAJIV FASHOLA
ROTIMI AMAECHI
ADAMS OSHOMOHLE/CHIME SULLIVAN
Elueme: The above governors are unarguably the best the country has at the moment but for time, resources and trust I will pick Akpabio over Fashola and Rochas. Reason: Some have argued that Rochas is performing to earn himself the presidency. U can't rule it off, just 2 days ago he confirmed this suspicion. Fashola has too much money to perform after all no administrator has failed in Lagos even from the military era.. Akpabio has been tested and trusted, all he's doing is out of a genuine love and interest of his kinsmen... Even before the state became this wealthy, Akpabio has set mercenary in place to make the Akwaibom dream a reality.. He is not dreaming of presidency or anything, he is serving his second term and still blazing
AKPABIO GODSWILL
ROCHAS OKOROCHA
RAJIV FASHOLA
ROTIMI AMAECHI
AKPABIO GODSWILL
ROCHAS OKOROCHA
RAJIV FASHOLA
ROTIMI AMAECHI
what u said seems right as regards ROCHAS,but dont u think one has to do something to earn the consent of the people?
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by adefo(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
wandeay:

you've made mistakes, mega schools are profit oriented, mother and child hospital is a public-private partnership, free medical care only occured during the past administration, free shuttle for student are buses given to states by FG in order 2 ease fuel subsidy hardship and only available in d state capital, also most times, students hav to stay in the sun for abt 2 hours b4 d arrival of d bus, water fall is built @ alagbaka, close to government house and only serves those around the area, we are talking about democracy, wat mimiko is doing shows he is using ondo for business, quote me wrong

Bro i agree wit u jare....dey will neva believe dat mimiko is deceiving them with the color he use on every project (labour party color) which make it shine as if it real...
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
If Sullivan Chime had oil money.......
If he knows how to make noise about every project he completed........

If Sullivan failed to make the primaries last election, PDP shoulda kissed the state good bye. Sullivan is reverred like a god in Enugu. If you say something bad about him, people fit fight you for street.

I think its wrong to compare those with oil money and those without it.

To me he is in the best 3. Only that he dont talk, I would have ranked him 1st.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by gst101: 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
somebody is comparing our govnors with some fugitives and jail breakers. The reason i said those govnors are the best doesnt have to do with insecuarity. But that despite the insecuarity, they are still puting one or two things in place.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by noble84: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
Rochas has really made me proud from this survey.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
noble84: [color=#990000][/color]what u said seems right as regards ROCHAS,but dont u think one has to do something to earn the consent of the people?

I think its too early to add Rochas on the list, give him 2 years and lets count again. Many people start well and when its clear they have won some space and hearts, they become despots.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by wandeay: 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2012
Just 100 Days in office, see what Rochas has done, how many Governors have done this in 1 year of assuming office?

PUBLIC UTILITIES
Rehabilitation of Water Schemes in Imo State,
namely:
1. Otamiri Head �Works
2. Egbu Water Scheme
3. Orji Water Scheme 4. Umuoba Water Scheme
5. Ubachima Water Scheme
6. Mgbidi Water Scheme
7. Umuowa Water Scheme
8. Osuama Water Scheme
9. Nsu Water Scheme COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
Adoption of Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the
execution of some projects, namely:
10. International Electrical, Electronics and Auto-
Parts Market, Naze
11. Central Market for general goods, New Owerri 12. Imo Free Trade Zone, Ngor Okpala
13. Development of Industrial Clusters, Phase 2-4,
Naze
14. International Trade Fair Complex/Exhibition
Center, New Owerri
15. Transformation of Okigwe Regional Cattle market into Okigwe International Market
[The projects mentioned above are starting points,
as the present government in Imo State has entered
into agreements with their developers who are
expected to commence work on the sites between
September and October 2011, while Phase 1 of the Industrial Cluster has been completed.]
Adoption of Private Public Partnership in the re-
activation of some moribund industries, namely:
16. Owerri Shoe Industry
17. Nsu Tiles and Ceramics Industry, Mbano
18. Ezinnachi Clay Products Industry EDUCATION
19. Establishment of the Imo College of Advanced
Professional Studies
20. Secured approval of 922 million(Nine hundred
and twenty two million) naira from the Education
Trust Fund (ETF) to be used for projects in Educational Institutions in Imo State
21. Commissioning of a well equipped Information
Communication Technology (ICT) Laboratory at
Girls Secondary School, Ikenegbu, Owerri
22. Secured approval for the establishment of
National Teachers� Institute (NTI) Study Center in Imo State
23. Release of 138 (one hundred and thirty-eight)
million naira for payment of arrears of CONTISS/
CONUAS (Academic & Non-academic) staff
entitlements in Imo State University, Owerri
24. Provision of 100 (one hundred) million naira for the accreditation of courses in the Faculty of
Engineering and Nursing Science in Imo State
University
25. Reversal of the proposed 150,000(one
hundred and fifty thousand ) naira school fees for
students of Imo State University by the past administration
26. Increased subvention to the Imo State
University from 57.56 million(fifty-seven million,
five hundred and sixty thousand naira) to
100million(one hundred million) naira monthly
27. Commencement of the building of the Young Scientists� College in Owerri
28. Declaration of free and compulsory primary and
secondary school education in Imo State HEALTH
29. Upgrading of General Hospital Owerri to a
Specialist Hospital.
30. Connection of the Owerri Specialist Hospital to
the National electricity grid
31. Provision of Solar energy as well as Solar- Powered borehole in the Owerri Specialist Hospital
32. Constitution of a Task-Force group on
counterfeit and fake drugs and unwholesome food
items
33. Purchase and distribution of medical
equipments worth 90,000,000(ninety million) naira to health institutions in Imo State.
34. Approval of the payment of 100% CONMESS/
CONHESS (salary structure) for all doctors and health
workers in Imo State University Teaching Hospital.
35. Facilitating the return of some specialist doctors
who left Imo State University Teaching Hospital (IMSUTH) before May 29th 2011
36. Reviving the Academic Curriculum of the Imo
State University Medical School by ensuring the
graduation of the 3rd set of medical doctors from
the school in August 2011. It will be recalled that
IMSU/IMSUTH have not graduated medical doctors in the last 2 (two) years owing to protracted
industrial strikes by staffs of the institution
37. Purchase of 2 new ECG machines as well as 2
new Anaesthetic machines for use by IMSUTH
38. Successful implementation of 89%DPT3,
107%OPV3, 80%BCG,77%HBV and 96% anti- measles vaccination coverage of targeted children
during the first round of the 2011 Maternal
Newborn and Child Health Week held from 28th
June2011 to 3rd July 2011 FINANCE
39. Payment of 12 years arrears of pension owed
retired staffs of Imo State government
40. Release of 2.7 billion (two billion, seven
hundred thousand) naira into the State and Local
Government Joint Revenue Mission Bank Account for the development of Imo State rural schools and
infrastructure LOCAL GOVERNMENT
41. Implementation of the outstanding 2008 Local
Government Staff conversion exercise in the
various cadres
42. Actualizing the 2008 Local Government Junior
staff promotion exercise URBAN PLANNING
43. Commencement of negotiations with Messrs
Roche Group from Ireland with a view to creating a
demonstration layout which will pilot the provision
of modular mass houses in Imo State
44. Commencement of negotiations with Hewlett- Packard Corporation, USA with a view to actualizing
the computerization of the Imo State Land Registry
45. Commencement of negotiations with a Brazillian
firm who is willing to partner with the Imo State
government in providing power supply using
natural gas 46. Commencement of discussions with Tummy
Tummy Foods Industries Limited to facilitate their
building a factory in Imo State, which upon
completion, will provide employment for over 3000
youths
47. Commencement of discussions with TTI with a view to re-invigorating the IGIS Project SPORTS
48. Imo State representatives at the just concluded
Hockey Premier League championship held
between 14th and 21st August 2011, came 3rd,
thereby qualifying to represent Nigeria in India for
the next World Hockey Championship 49. Renovation of the Indoor Sports Hall at Dan
Anyiam Stadium.
50. Revisiting the contract for the construction of
the Orlu Township Stadium
51. Imo State Weight lifting Team participated in the
competition for junior and senior categories at Lagos State and won 3 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze
52. Imo State Amateur Wrestlers won 1 gold, 3
silver and 5 bronze medals at the Continental
Championship which ended on 30th May 2011
53. Imo contingents in the Karate Championship
held in Ghana in August 2011 won a total of 3 gold and 1 bronze medals
54. Imo contingent that took part in the 17th
National Sports Festival held in Rivers State in July
2011 came 14th on the medals table, having won a
total of 61 medals, including 8 gold, 16 silver and
37 bronze. 55. Through sponsorship by the Imo State
Government, the Heartland Football Club, Owerri
recently qualified for the Finals of the 2011
Federation Cup. HOUSING
56. Conversion of the Parliamentarian quarters to
Concord Hotel Annex
57. Conversion of Banquet Hall to Government
House Chapel
58. Design and construction of Heroes Square 59. Design and construction of Ikemba Ojukwu
Convention Center, Owerri
60. Renovation of Commissioners� Quarters
61. Reconstruction of Multi-Purpose Hall and V.I.P
Lounge, Government House
62. Reconstruction of Imo State House of Assembly 63. Reconstruction of the Exco Chambers Building
64. Renovation of the Imo Concorde Hotel
65. Reconstruction of the Abuja Laison Office of the
Imo State Government
66. Reconstruction of the Brigade Commander�s
Guest House 67. Renovation of the Imo State Police
Commissioner�s Guest House
68. Renovation of the abandoned Governor�s
Lounge, near Concorde Hotel
69. Design and construction of Multi-purpose Hall at
Oguta Motel 70. Reconstruction of the Customary Court, Owerri Completion of some Housing Estates, namely:
71. Nekede Exclusive Garden Phase 11, Area �H�
New Owerri
72. Okporo Housing Estate , Okporo, Orlu
73. Obinze-Avu Lay out
74. Egbu Market, (Somachi)Lay- out 75. Acquisition of Iwuanyanwu Holdings Landed
Property at Naze
76. Acquisition of land for Mass Housing at Azara
Obiato SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
77. Seventy-five matrimonial cases have been
treated and the couples re-united
78. On August 23rd 2011, Operators of �Hope
House Child Center, Ngugo�,received one million
naira, while Green Health Care Services received four million naira as their subvention from the Imo
State Government
79. Installation of twenty-seven 40KVA Generator
sets in the 27 Special Health Centers
80. Commencement of the procurement of
customized Identity cards for all the Traditional Rulers in Imo State SECURITY
81. Procurement of one hundred Hilux Vans
manned by a combined team of Police, Army and
State Security Service for the effective policing of the
Local Government Areas
82. Empowerment of Local Vigilante groups to complement the efforts of the Police in combating
crime in Imo State
83. Patrol of the newly acquired Security vehicles
within and around the 27 Local Governments for
sensitization AGRICULTURE
Restructuring and revitalizing of the Assets of the
Imo State Government-owned Companies that have
been moribund or performing at a very low
capacity, namely:
84. Imo Palm Plantation limited ( a.k.a Adapalm Ltd, Ohaji)
85. Imo Modern Poultry, Avutu, Obowo Local
Government Area
86. Imo Rubber Estate limited, Obiti, Emeabiam and
Umuekwunne
87. Development of cassava farms in all the 27 local Government Areas in Imo State
88. Commencement of the replication of Imo Palm
Plantation project in the 3 zones that make up Imo
State
89. Commencement of the replication of Imo
Modern Poultry in the 3 geo-political zones that make up Imo State
90. Empowerment of over 100 FUGs & FCAs under
the FADAMA 111 projects to increase food
production in Imo State
91. Increasing the volume of fish production in Imo
State through the Agro-Nova project of the Imo State Ministry of Agriculture
92. Improvement of the Oguta Fish Hatchery to
produce about 50,000 fingerlings per year
93. Stocking of the Nekede Poultry section of the
Agronova with birds
94. Delivering Agricultural Extension Services to the farmers in the Local Government Areas
95. Distribution of sufficient quantity of fertilizer to
the farmers in Imo State during the last planting
season CAPITAL PROJECTS
96. Release of 180 million naira for development
projects in Orlu and Okigwe zones in Imo State
Asphalting of some major roads within Owerri
Municipal, including:
97. Assumpta Road, 98. Bank Road,
99. MCC Road through School Road
100. Restoring peace and confidence in the entire
people of Imo State to the nation�s democratic
process.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Johnsinia(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
Rochas is d most performing gov so far, and all ds coming frm just 1 yr, its really wonderful.
Followd by:
2) Fashola
3) Akpabio
4) Chime
5) Osho baba.
I wil say congrate n weldone 2 d 5 Govs. Pls, continue ur gud work n dnt stp. We luv u.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by adefo(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
Kunlegzy:

God bless Ɣ☺u , mimiko ȋ̝̊̅§ Iπ τђε top three

At least u can see how he spend ondo state fund...abi dose wey give him d awards no go collect something...or dont u know that is the highest bidder dat bags awards
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
ogochukwunasa1: Why is an hausa governor's name not on d list. Mschewwww

Why don't u name one that has performed to the point where his name merits been on that list, instead of hissing like a snake!
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
Are Nigerians this gullible!?

How did Rochas make that list?!

Is it because he is dashing away Imo States money!? What roads has he done?! Name them please?! Rochas is a fraud.. His state is the most unsecure in the entire south.. There are no jobs in Imos State.. The few roads he claims to have done have no drainages.. Most of the jobs commisioned by Ohakim have been abandoned due to none payment of contractors.. What has Rochas done for Imo State to be ranked the best Governor.. Just because he is sharing out everything free in Imo State don't make him the best.. The best Governors should be ranked based on Sustainable projects..

My list of performing Governors in no particular order will be;

1. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi; He has transformed the entire River State.. Roads being built are top class with most of them carrying underground drainages, River State Public Schools are the envy of all states in Nigeria, Public Health centres are one of a kind, traffic management has been top class, opening up 5 new cities outside of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State Monorail project on course, Rivers State electric Company is working furiously to remove Rivers State from the national grid.. And the list goes on..

2. Fashola; Lagos state traffic management, lagos state inter city train system is on the way, has given the city a face lift, BrT system rated best in sub saharan Africa, is building a new city from scratch on water.. Lagosians pls help me here..

3. Akapbio; See Uyo and die.. World class roads complete with illuminated driving aids, tourism projects like the Uyo cinema.. Ibom towers e.t.c, transportation, building the longest bridge in west africa in Akwa ibom amongst many.. And his work Is not limited to uyo.. Julius berger has the highest number of contracts in Akwa Ibom.. You can miss the presence of Godswill in Akwa Ibom state..

These 3 I am sure of.. Others worthy of mention include;

4. Sullivan Chime..

5. Peter Obi.. Brought is some major economic change in Anambra state wthrought Innoson, Orient oil and the Brewery.. This is definitely bound to create jobs in Anambra state..

6. Oshiomole.. I learnt he has done quite some transformation in Edo States educational sector and expanded some major city roads..

The rest I can't speak of since I am yet to visit their states neither have I heard anything worthy of mention about their exploits..
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by vladimiros: 11:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
I have noticed many people saying akwa ibom recieves lots of money allocation for a small state

is the oil revenue not gotten from there?

in a normal federalism state, no other state would even see oil allocation go to them

akpabio is making food use of what he has

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by omobaagility: 11:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
chiover: wia is T A ORJI? DIS LIST IS FAKE WITHOUT HIS NAME. GO TO ABIA STATE AND SEE FOR URSEF LIVE FISH PONDS ON THE ROAD AND MOTOR CANT EVEN SWIM DEM COX OF TRNSFARIN DISEASE TO THE ROAD PONDS grin grin

4 real?
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Eifeh(m): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
This is the man, Best of best

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by crackhouse(m): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
9japipper: Thank God peter obi's name is not here
who's peter obi? Is it the one that have vocal cord problem? I heard the man is currently playing ludo in Anambra state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi's House: Where Man Who Designed Nigeria's Flag Lives / Fayose Wore T-shirt To Aso Villa As He Attends NEC Meeting In Buhari's Absence / Bashir El-Rufai Eating Pounds And Kissing His Girlfriend [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.