Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,378 members, 7,800,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? (89600 Views)

List Of Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since May 29 Inauguration - CGPI / Worst Performing Governors According To CGPI October Report / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by edicolove: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
Prestonvic: AKPABIO
FASHIOLA
AMAECHI
OSHIOMOLE
CHIME

For a governor to construct over 250 brand new roads, state of the art IBOM AIRPORT,Prompt payment of salaries, beautification of the state,free and compulsory education for resident of akwa ibom state,security,state owned power plant,giving free houses to the widows, scholarships to student in tertiary inst. etc etc. UNDER CONSTRUCTION ARE: Deep sea port, WORLD CLASS stadium, 8 lane ring road, 3 flyovers etc, VISIT AKWA IBOM AND SEE - AKPABIO is the best

Didnt really want to particularly praise any governor but you forced my hand. What makes Akpabio really stand out is that he has carried everyone along. The whole state now see his vision and it is a beatiful one. One person that had the kind of Mentality Akpabio has was Donald Duke. But his predecesor has made mockery of his effort. Some will argue that Imoke has less funds, but the point is that with the infrastructure on the ground he could have generated funds but he choose to look at the FG and derivation. Maybe the status of Cross Rivers now will make him see things differently. Akpabio is a master builder and a great leader. I wish i was from that state.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by frederal(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
considering †̥hα̲̅†̥ Lagos, Imo, and Akwa ibom get more from federal purse, I give it to CHIME. Sometimes, I wonder where he got funds for his projects. Will he have some to chopulate
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by chrisxxx(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
To receive a fair judgment from God please remove Amaechi name from that list. Within Port Harcourt Metro you will not doubt his listing but go to interior you will cry for the state. In short for him to be considered means that our governors are not performing!
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by jason123: 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
edicolove:

Like I posted above, most of what you hear sometimes are just chants. For example, most people who say Oshiomole is doing so well say so because they keep comparing him with lucky. As long as you keep comparing him with lucky, he will always emerge a superstar. But when you compare him with expected standards, it becomes a different thing entirely and after 4 years, all the flood points in Benin are still as bad as ever. No change. He like Fashola, has concentrated in beautifying the city center and providing transportation. He has renovated some schools too. But when you look at many other index like workers welfare, industries, social services, health care, just like Fashola, he comes up very very short.

Right!!!

In order:

https://www.nairaland.com/939179/lagos-unveils-mega-rice-processing

https://www.nairaland.com/39625/lagos-bus-rapid-transit-brt

https://www.nairaland.com/817384/fashola-hands-over-fourth-maternal
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Prestonvic(m): 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
1.Akpabio
2.Fashiola
3.Amaechi
4.Chime
5.Oshiomole
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by budusky77: 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
How do you measure the performance of a Governor?
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by lookmangiw(m): 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
seunlayi: Going by the media propaganda in Oyo state, I would have expected Gov Ajimobi to be among d first five. He was said to over constructed, repair roads etc. when their is nothing on ground except Mokola bridge to show for a whole year.
what about the road repair from mokola axis to agodi gate. Ode
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
jason123:

Monthly allocation

I couldn't find a RELIABLE IGR data (manny4lyf and co will know what I am talking about, as we have had this argument before). However, think about the logistical difficulty Lagos face compared to Imo (remember, OVER 28 times Imo's pop density). Also, no matter the IGR, IMO still receives 13% derivation, yet you think Rochas is better?? I have not hear of many capital projects from Imo state ( the only thing he has done is the free education which I commend) but just yesterday Fashola commissioned 3 projects, even Chime is better in that aspect!

funny argurement.fashola and chime commisioning capital projects.both have stayed five yrs in office.they would have been goats not too.rochas barely one year inoffice and you want road construction jobs(not tarring ooo) completed?will such roads not be substandard?you think he is only about free education?use google as he is your friend.also type ICAPS ROCHAS and follow the website displayed and tell me what you see.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by edicolove: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
jason123:

And Rivers state is poor (second richest)? What about Imo state (5th richest)? Pls, find another excuse!

Lagos state is not only the richest state, it comes with a bonus. There are lots of organisations in Lagos state that contribute to the development of Lagos on their own. Most of the health centers I have been to were renovated by MTN foundation not LASG. Several schools where renovated by Indomie and Peak. Lagos state water is not working. The streetlight are not working. Some roads like the Adeniji jones/Acme bypass have been totally abandoned. The companies around the area are the ones putting gravel on the road. And that is one of the most important roads connecting Ikeja and Ogba. There is zero security in Lagos. Everyone is on their own. Armed bandits now daringly come into estates and operate unchallenged. We all depend on OPC for protection. The only new road i can see is the Isheri/Ojo road. Some roads have been renovated but Lagos has not constructed many new roads. Alimosho is totally abandoned. The much talked about Lagos water ways is still on the drawing board after over 10years. And the leadership style is simply draconian! I could go on and on. A lot of what you hear is just paper propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
Martmore: No northernm gov there, cos i think niger state gov(aliyu) dey try.
are u in niger state?or u are talkin ur mind?wat has he done in niger state?kept queit pls if u dnt hav anythin btr 2 say,worst governor in niger state.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
are u in niger state?or u are talkin ur mind?wat has he done in niger state?kept queit pls if u dnt hav anythin btr 2 say,worst governor ever in niger state.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by rasputinn(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
[size=16pt]1.Rotimi Amaechi
2.Godswill AKpabio
3.Adams Oshiomhole
4.Sullivan Chime
5.Raji Fashola and Rochas Okorocha are tied for fifth[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by edicolove: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
jason123:

Right!!!

In order:

https://www.nairaland.com/939179/lagos-unveils-mega-rice-processing

https://www.nairaland.com/39625/lagos-bus-rapid-transit-brt

https://www.nairaland.com/817384/fashola-hands-over-fourth-maternal

You are a funny chap. Of the 3, I will only give him kudos for the BRT. I think that is his biggest achievement so far. Next would be his beatification project and third will be his traffic decongestion.

Please dont tell me about a virtual rice processing plant. Are you eating rice produce by Lagos state? lol. And please how can you post one link to one renovated martenal facility as his achievement in 5 years. In fact, that is a combined achievement of Tinubu and Fashola in 12+ years.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Dozieson(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
rating rochas first is a hoax. Please u guys should tell me what he has done in imo? Osho baba is number 1 considering the crumbling state of edo state. Edo has been neglected for yrs. Osho is far beta dan any other. 1. Osho 10 fashola 11 chime12 akpabio and 13 amaechi. No one in between 1 and 10.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by olaezebala: 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
Now I will take this very personal. Why is Aregbesola not on that list after all the projects he has done? Projects like O'yes, O'reap, O'clean, O'bulldoze citizens' houses, O'lick Tinubu's a**, O'no lg election cause na him de appoint lg chairmen, O'probe Oyinlola, O'no bursary, O'jam talk all the time, O'dress and talk like taut and finally O'rebel leader.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
what about sule lamido of jigawa undecidedwhat about sule lamido of jigawa
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by hustleafam: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
there isn't a single northern Governor on the LIST, that's just shameful. makes one wonder, what was the need of Niger state Governor and his fellows demanding for better allocation if their just going to loot it and not for the betterment of the people.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
grin grin
olaezebala: Now I will take this very personal. Why is Aregbesola not on that list after all the projects he has done? Projects like O'yes, O'reap, O'clean, O'bulldoze citizens' houses, O'lick Tinubu's a**, O'no lg election cause na him de appoint lg chairmen, O'probe Oyinlola, O'no bursary, O'jam talk all the time, O'dress and talk like taut and finally O'rebel leader.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by kama1210: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
2ru-talk:
And the worst performing Governor that has ever lived on this Planet is Gov. Martin Elechi of Ebonyi State. The State would have experienced more development in a state of anarchy than having that man in the helm of affairs.

GBAM...True talk. That man is an epitom of mumu mixed in Akamu. The worst state governor. Like he wants to start Selling those dust.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Elose11(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2012
My ranking will look like this:
Akpabio : For turning a small community into a world class city
Amaechi : For improving on an existing city
Fashola : For cleaning up Lagos, especially Oshodi. By the way, how is Oshodi now?
Rochas : For his tall dream for Imo state
Oshomhole : For his zeal to transform Edo, especially Benin city.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by TBD(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2012
1. Godswill Akpabio
2. Rochas okorocha
3. Adams oshiomhole
4. Raji Fashola
5. Sullivan chime/rotimi ameche
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Skipfr(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2012
Fashola
Rochas
Oshiomole
Akpabio
Amaechi.
Op lets also comment on the worst performing governors. I knw for sure Uduaghan wil be number 1. Its settled already say naim go dy succeed Ibori for everywhere. He wil definitely go to jail
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Kunlegzy(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2012
Akpabio
Fashola
Mimiko aπϑ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ŋ
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by mystikal(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
chrisxxx: To receive a fair judgment from God please remove Amaechi name from that list. Within Port Harcourt Metro you will not doubt his listing but go to interior you will cry for the state. In short for him to be considered means that our governors are not performing!

Even within the so called Port Harcourt Metro, the roads su.ck. Little wonder Jeeps are a common feature here.

Now, I can drive on cruise control and eyes wide shut on Uyo roads.

I think Chime deserves to be on that list.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by alaoeri: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ŋö boko governor on the list, small time they 'll claim that they are marginalised.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by nnpc4g: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2012

The point here is not trying governors, but five best. I go for;
1. Rochas considering the period in office
2. Adams with a revenue smaller than Lagos but has speedy development
3. fashola is wonderful
4. Akpabio is another excellent governor in action
5. Chime since there is no other performer.

The north is always backwards apart from the security situation they have allowed themselves in. This will continue if they don't stop to sheared blood.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by tawa89(f): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=edicolove]@op, you started a thread but prepared it to fail. How can you ask people who dont traverse Nigeria to give you the list of best governors. They will only give you a list of governors they like or give you a reply based on what the papers say. According to many papers, Orji is doing very well. lol

You must ask more specific questions to get proper answers. Most south west folks would tell you Fashola is the best and so on. But you must ask for real developement index to get the facts. For example, how can someone even put Oshiomole in the list of 5 performing governors in Nigeria. There is a big difference between a governor with promise and a performing governor. Oshiomole is a governor with a lot of promise and he is comign up, but to compare him with people like Akpabio and Fashola and Chime is very absurd. Same goes for Rochas. He is an upcoming with a lot of promise. People come here and tell youu he has constructed a lot of roads in one year. How many serious roads can you construct in one year? That is the propaganda you see all over Naija. Rochas is a very promising guy and he is doing well, but he is still way way off for you to place him in that bracket. You cant just roll out bulldozers on the streets and then claim you have already constructed a serious road just like that. It takes a lot of time and planning. So I urge you to somehow rephrase your question to specifics else you will keep getting funny answers.

BEAF!!!!so T.A. Orji is trying? U̶̲̥̅̊ need 2 be shot for saying that.... glorified PDP asslicker
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by AGBORMAN1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
Where is my bLOODY-fUCKIN governor of delta state. He like women,no be small.
The so called Thief Uduaghan. Sorry if i spelt his name wrong. It does not matter.
He is a bloody thief. No development. Hidding our money abroad.
Where is EFCC. I hope is rot in prison or jail.

The only good news is that Deltans no dey carry last.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Caseless: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
ogochukwunasa1: Why is an hausa governor's name not on d list. Mschewwww
na why boko boys wan fire our asses finish b dat. Dou,cum 2 tink of it d alocation cant take care of recurrent sef. Nothrn gov use their moni mary wives .
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by jmaine: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Akpabio
Akpabio
Akpabio
Fashola ( bobo dey slack for this 2nd term angry )
Chime

grin
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by gudnex22(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
I thougth fashola is the only performing governor in Nigeria. So some governors pass am. With all these noise wey e the make. Hahahahhahahahaha
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by abdulman08(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
Y wil a Hausa Governors name b there?wen all they do nw is 2 throw bomb evrywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Kenneth Gbagi Arrests Hotel Staff, Strips Them Naked For 'Stealing N5k' / Profile Of 'VIP' Inmates In Kuje Prison Before Attack / Presidential Election: Army Plays Wike's Phone Call At A Press Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.