Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. (1575 Views)

A Client Offered Him 1 Million For Three Websites. Should He Take It? / Ebook: A Client's Guide To Web Design/development Projects / The Best Way To Bill Your Client For Your Website Design Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. by bloodline: 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2007
Hey guys,

I need a quick one from you guys. Am having a meeting with a prospective client who needs a website. Is it advisable i go along with a laptop? I recently read an article the says its not advisable a webdesigner visit a client for the first time with a laptop, siting that the client's attention will diverted from the negotiation at hand.

Quick one guys.
Re: Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. by goldenimp(m): 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2007
MY TIPS

GO WITH YOUR LAPTOP, AND DONT OPEN IT UP, UNTIL YOU SENSE HE WANTS YOU TO TURN IT UP

THE ONLY REASONS WHY YOU ARE OPENING THE LAPTOP IS TO SHOW HIM EITHER A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU FEEL HIS WEBSITE SHOULD LOOK LIKE , OR YOU ARE SHOWING YOUR PAST WORKS

LOOK GOOD, IST IMPRESSION LASTS, WHEN D CONTRACT CLICKS, YOU CAN DECIDE TO NOW LOOK ANYHOW U LIKE

FIND OUT BEFORE HAND WHAT THE GUY DOES, AND PERUSE OTHER SITES SIMILAR TO WJAT THE GUY DOES BEFOR YOU GO SEE HIM

TALK LIKE A PROFESSIONAL , BUT DOT USE TOO MUCH WEB JARGONS

IF AFTER BARGAINING, HE STILL DOESNT AGRREE TO YOUR PRICE, THANK HIM WARMLY AND LEAVE , DONT SHOW SIGNS OF DESPERATION.

1 Like

Re: Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. by bloodline: 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2007
Thanx for the quick one. I already have a demo online for them. I'll hold my laptop incase i need to use it.

Sincere
Re: Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. by smartsoft(m): 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2007
hey guy go with your laptop oooo, don't depend on showing them their demo on the internet, i know what i'm talking about
Re: Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. by jazztix: 11:14am On Dec 11, 2007
Hey,
A quick respond to ur request is that

1. Go with your LAPTOP

2. Don't be too forward

3. Try all much you can do to convince your client

4. Talk like a professional web designer

5. Be courageous and be smart
Re: Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. by rufaai(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2007
Why not? Go with your laptop, you will surely need it to show your sample designed sites.
Re: Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. by nduaj(m): 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2007
Guy!!,
Goin to see a client without a laptop is like going for a job interview without a CV.
Re: Visiting A Prospective Client For The First Time. Advice Me. by WebMonk(m): 11:54pm On Dec 11, 2007
Go with your laptop.be calm,sit back and relax when you're with them.they'll usually have barrel of questions (if they're not knowledgable).like someone said,you only open your laptop when they indicate so.this happened to me exactly 2 days ago,and all said and done,i walked home with the cheque.it was lovely.so do like all have said.talk like d pro,and you'll be treated like one!

(1) (Reply)

Adplacers Vs Google Adsense - On Nairaland - In Nigeria / Blogging.com.ng Needs Bloggers And People With Msword Skills / Op 10 Online Payment Processing Platforms In Nigeria - By Ediaro.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.