Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888886 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ehizario2012: 3:41am On Aug 19, 2017
Greetings to you all, you guys have been wonderful on this thread. Wish I got to see this thread before buying my manual naija-used honda bullet tiger face last week.

My observations so far with the bullet:

1. Car vibrates once I enter an express road and try to accelerate moderately. The mecahanc I took it to said the engine is perfect but I need to change upper arm, shaft, tie-rod, timing... I did all that but I still feel the car vibrate, I'm gradually getting afraid of accelerating now.
2. The car has been raised and the absorber spring is slightly bent (like forcefully pushed up.) Could this be the cause of the persistent vibration after I've spent so much money repairing the wheels?
3. The ABS light is always on.
4. I bought a new battery, 75AH and it died overnight. I got a rewire to locate the fault, all to no avail. I have to been removing a battery terminal once I intend parking for long.
5. The clutch pedal is not on the same level with gas and brake. It is much higher and hard when I press it.
6. I've always heard honda bullet don't consume excessive fuel, but I've been using like 10 litres for 25km... Is that normal?
7. The car jerks when I start from rest position.

I apologise for my long post, please forgive me. I need all forms of advice on how to enjoy this car, I'm getting fed up and thinking of selling it off ASAP.

Its my first personal car.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:36am On Aug 19, 2017
ehizario2012:
Greetings to you all, you guys have been wonderful on this thread. Wish I got to see this thread before buying my manual naija-used honda bullet tiger face last week.

My observations so far with the bullet:

1. Car vibrates once I enter an express road and try to accelerate moderately. The mecahanc I took it to said the engine is perfect but I need to change upper arm, shaft, tie-rod, timing... I did all that but I still feel the car vibrate, I'm gradually getting afraid of accelerating now.
2. The car has been raised and the absorber spring is slightly bent (like forcefully pushed up.) Could this be the cause of the persistent vibration after I've spent so much money repairing the wheels?
3. The ABS light is always on.
4. I bought a new battery, 75AH and it died overnight. I got a rewire to locate the fault, all to no avail. I have to been removing a battery terminal once I intend parking for long.
5. The clutch pedal is not on the same level with gas and brake. It is much higher and hard when I press it.
6. I've always heard honda bullet don't consume excessive fuel, but I've been using like 10 litres for 25km... Is that normal?
7. The car jerks when I start from rest position.

I apologise for my long post, please forgive me. I need all forms of advice on how to enjoy this car, I'm getting fed up and thinking of selling it off ASAP.

Its my first personal car.

Thank you.

you have suffered. sad

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DonBobes(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you have suffered. sad

As in ehn dis 1 pass mechanic o, na God
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ehizario2012: 10:15am On Aug 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you have suffered. sad

So what's the way forward oga Gazzuzz? I need some basic understanding of things before going to see the mecho again, so I won't be cheated unnecessarily.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ehizario2012: 10:17am On Aug 19, 2017
DonBobes:

As in ehn dis 1 pass mechanic o, na God

Bros, na from somewhere you sef start na. Nor be one day u become guru.

So, try proffer solutions onto giving me some basic understanding before Afeez chop me finish.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DonBobes(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
ehizario2012:

Bros, na from somewhere you sef start na. Nor be one day u become guru.

So, try proffer solutions onto giving me some basic understanding before Afeez chop me finish.
Truth na b say na honda b my 1st car n d car Na almost belgium n e no give me probs at all.
Gazzuz go fit help small
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
luvinhubby:
Need to re-emphasize this issue of fake ATF-DW1 as we witnessed another near tragedy of that some days ago.

The guy owns a 2010 Honda Accord(evil spirit), bought some ATF-DW1 for N2,000 and used for his gear box (transmission), two weeks after the gear starts to stall before transition, at a point could engage only up to gear 3. He brought the car to my gear rewire for attention and on interrogation, found out he used fake DW1 on his gear.

Long and short of story, had the gear flushed of useless fake ATF-DW1 and had his gear filled with the genuine DW1, repeated same after 3 days and the gear is now back to normal transmission. He was lucky his gear box did not fail.

If you are not sure of the source of the gear oil, use OANDO Dextron III temporarily till you get the genuine DW1 or call - 08029255299 and 08039121412.

Stay blessed all.

i still wouldn't recommend dw1 or dextron iii for a 2010 Honda. The Honda manufacturing corp stated ATF-Z1 and this is what should be used.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
kingreign:

i still wouldn't recommend dw1 or dextron iii for a 2010 Honda. The Honda manufacturing corp stated ATF-Z1 and this is what should be used.

I thought honda ATF-Z1 was been discontinued
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
kingreign:

Mike who hack ur acc?

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2017
kingreign:

Honda does not produce ATF-Z1 any longer. The DW1 that Honda currently produces is backward compliant. That means any car tgat uses Z1 can use DW1. Honda manual says in the absence of both, use Dexron III until you find the right ATF.

My take is that they wont recommend any ATF that isnt theirs. I guess warrantee may not be voided by using Dexron III since they allowed its use for a short period.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2017
adanny01:

Honda does not produce ATF-Z1 any longer. The DW1 that Honda currently produces is backward compliant. That means any car tgat uses Z1 can use DW1. Honda manual says in the absence of both, use Dexron III until you find the right ATF.

wow! This is good, nice one from Honda unlike some random ..... Brands that are too uptight and 'inconsiderate'.

I am actually a bit rusty n id need to do more research on Honda fluids recommendations then.

Ive been doing Toyota and ford n Benz and kia all these while.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jeraw: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
Wonderful thread.
So someone blessed me with a Honda Bullet 1995/96 (Tiger Face) with automatic transmission which was bought as Toks in 2010. So far I have changed the Engine Oil and oil Filter, spark plugs, Gear selector Cable. But there are some issues that I have noticed and they are:

a) Check engine light is showing dashboard
b) ABS light is showing on dashboard
c) SRS light is showing on the dashboard
d) When I put the gear on Drive with my foot depressing the break pedal there is some mild vibration on the steering but when begin to move the
vibration gradually disappears.
e) I can move the Gear from Drive to reverse or even to Park without depress the break pedal.

At a workshop I took it to they suggested changing the following:

1) Front Wheel bearing
2) Ball joint
3) Stabilizer Links
4) Tie rods

(this goes to Luvinhubby)I would love to know the price of the listed items and how much to deliver them to Warri where I reside.

@ Oga Gazzuzz, Kingreign and others please advice me on what to do.
Thanks all.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ehizario2012: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
jeraw:
Wonderful thread.
So someone blessed me with a Honda Bullet 1995/96 (Tiger Face) with automatic transmission which was bought as Toks in 2010. So far I have changed the Engine Oil and oil Filter, spark plugs, Gear selector Cable. But there are some issues that I have noticed and they are:

a) Check engine light is showing dashboard
b) ABS light is showing on dashboard
c) SRS light is showing on the dashboard
d) When I put the gear on Drive with my foot depressing the break pedal there is some mild vibration on the steering but when begin to move the
vibration gradually disappears.
e) I can move the Gear from Drive to reverse or even to Park without depress the break pedal.

At a workshop I took it to they suggested changing the following:

1) Front Wheel bearing
2) Ball joint
3) Stabilizer Links
4) Tie rods

(this goes to Luvinhubby)I would love to know the price of the listed items and how much to deliver them to Warri where I reside.

@ Oga Gazzuzz, Kingreign and others please advice me on what to do.
Thanks all.

The only difference between yours and mine is that yours is auto. Same headache with mine.
Hopefully, someone will proffer solutions.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azanor(m): 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Can anyone here help me with the price for a 2003 Honda Accord EX Stereo/AC control unit and a reliable place to get one it in Abuja?

Also, how much does it cost to change the O2 sensor for the same car?

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Doslop: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
My Acura 2002 model threw these codes, P0135 and P0141, O2 Sensor 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank.
Please how much can I get them.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello all, please anywhere I can get the original Honda dw1 transmission fluid in Ibadan.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
fullman:
Hello all, please anywhere I can get the original Honda dw1 transmission fluid in Ibadan.
Thanks
Be careful with where you source, massive influx of fake ATF-DW1 into the market.

If you are not sure of the source, call me.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DonBobes(m): 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
luvinhubby:

Be careful with where you source, massive influx of fake ATF-DW1 into the market.

If you are not sure of the source, call me.

Abeg help us with Toyota corollas series too and Toyota Matrix abeg . Please do something about dis car models we need it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by murphyonline(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
pls Honda guru in d aos,kindly come to my aids.My Honda Accord 2007,stop giving indicating light anytin I lock or open the car via remote or manually,which is nt okay by me because I have to keep checking anytime i lock the car instead of me knowing via the indicator light. Av taken it to 2 rewire, one said nothing can b done and d oda said I will need to change the internal fuse box. Pls wt exertly is wrong nd et can b done? awaiting ur gurus advise soon.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by murphyonline(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
pls Honda guru in d aos,kindly come to my aids.My Honda Accord 2007,stop giving indicating light anytin I lock or open the car via remote or manually,which is nt okay by me because I have to keep checking anytime i lock the car instead of me knowing via the indicator light. Av taken it to 2 rewire, one said nothing can b done and d oda said I will need to change the internal fuse box. Pls wt exertly is wrong nd et can b done? awaiting ur gurus advise soon. Attached is wt I was ask to change
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2017
murphyonline:
pls Honda guru in d aos,kindly come to my aids.My Honda Accord 2007,stop giving indicating light anytin I lock or open the car via remote or manually,which is nt okay by me because I have to keep checking anytime i lock the car instead of me knowing via the indicator light. Av taken it to 2 rewire, one said nothing can b done and d oda said I will need to change the internal fuse box. Pls wt exertly is wrong nd et can b done? awaiting ur gurus advise soon. Attached is wt I was ask to change

for the car to give confirmation and a honk, all 4doors, bonnet and booth, must be in closed position. check booth and bonnet switches.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayogabriel(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
Good day gazzuzz and other guru, my 2006 honda radio, goes of at interval. It gives a sharp sound and doesn't make sound, until I power off and on, then it continues working. Please how can I correct this.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afoxy17: 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2017
@Gauzzu, sir I drive an Honda V6 EOD 2003, just notice dt by d engine oil sprout out from one of the gaskets and wen I fire d engine, smoke comes up from the gasket, smells like burnt oil. what is the might be the cause and how do i go abt it. thanks sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Popoolaoladayo(m): 6:09am On Aug 28, 2017
Coolturbo:
ode ni e

THAT IS A BLATANT LIE.
MY SECOND NAME IS HONDA FROM 1998 TILL DATE .I HAVE USE SEVERALS. JUST FOLLOW RULES . VERY NICE AND EFFICIENT CARS TO USE.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
Good Gazzuzz recently if I am driving my 2002 Honda Odyssey, the immobiliser light will continuously flash and go off (green light). Please what is wrong.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 10:37am On Aug 29, 2017
Hello house. There is this device i saw on facebook the other day where one can connect it to your car and using your Android phone, scan your car via Bluetooth . Does anyone use it here? Does it work like they claim?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by computerglobal(m): 11:24am On Aug 29, 2017

With Computerglobal vehicle history report, you’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Knowledge is power when it comes to buying a vehicle.

Contact us via sms or Whatsapp or via BBM below
Sms vin to 08060365068
Whatsapp vin to +234-806-036-5068
BBM Pin :D8BA2588

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
Hi Honda gurus,

I drive Honda Accord 2006. Lately, My mechanic advised me to change my arms due to some sound I was hearing while turning especially turning right. He did change the arms and the sound kind of stopped them came back again this time like linkages sound. He checked and checked and said the arms are fine. But I still hear some sound, only for him to say that I have a cracked beam under the engine at the front causing the sound I hear.

Can this be true, please advise.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
damuseron:
Hi Honda gurus,

I drive Honda Accord 2006. Lately, My mechanic advised me to change my arms due to some sound I was hearing while turning especially turning right. He did change the arms and the sound kind of stopped them came back again this time like linkages sound. He checked and checked and said the arms are fine. But I still hear some sound, only for him to say that I have a cracked beam under the engine at the front causing the sound I hear.

Can this be true, please advise.

Thank you

you have phone that has camera, give him to snap the crack and post it here.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2017
stinville:
Hello house. There is this device i saw on facebook the other day where one can connect it to your car and using your Android phone, scan your car via Bluetooth . Does anyone use it here? Does it work like they claim?

go to jumia.com or konga.com search for ELM bluetooth scanners
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
I changed the steering beam of the car yesterday and now my horn doesn't sound anytime I depress the steering although other buttons like cruise and radio buttons work undecided

kazeem claims he didn't spoil it but electrician says he did. Now I'm being told that I would change the part that controls the whole steering wheel buttons or he would construct an external horn for me like those danfo type angry

Isn't there a way to work on this particular one? Because only the horn spoilt must I change everything?

Now I'm joining two wires dangerously while driving to horn grin I told electro to leave it for me like that first say money no dey
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
Conner44:
I changed the steering beam of the car yesterday and now my horn doesn't sound anytime I depress the steering although other buttons like cruise and radio buttons work undecided

kazeem claims he didn't spoil it but electrician says he did. Now I'm being told that I would change the part that controls the whole steering wheel buttons or he would construct an external horn for me like those danfo type angry

Isn't there a way to work on this particular one? Because only the horn spoilt must I change everything?

Now I'm joining two wires dangerously while driving to horn grin I told electro to leave it for me like that first say money no dey

let me add to your worries. your vehicle presently steers more to one side than the other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.