Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889017 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whatashock(m): 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good evening everyone.....please i need help with my honda oddsey 2000 model.......It consumes alot of fuel....want to ask if there is any thing to do about it, so this issue can be fixed....Thanks for the help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2018
davodguy:
Hello guys.

I ha e a 2008 accord that just pulled the following after I was called to scan few minutes ago.

VSA was on
CEL on
Battery 'light' on

I scanned and car pulled the following
P0340 Camshaft Position A sensor circuit
P0141 O2 sensor Bank 1
P0443 evaporative emission system purge control valve
Its 4 cyl engine

Update on this.

It only cost N2000 to fix.

Just learn from what happened, so you know what to do.

The owner drove the car to car wash on Thursday and the engine was washed.
Some parts not properly covered and alternator got penetrated by water.

A fuse in the fuse box was blown.

Fuse replaced and all these
Disappeared.

Left with only P0141 O2 sensor Bank 1

The sensor wire pulled completely and sensor needs to be replaced completely
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azanor(m): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2018
Please how much does the compressor for a 2003 Honda Accord cost?

Also, does anyone know a reliable place where I can buy/replace the O2 sensor for the same car model in Abuja?

Thanks for the help smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bzion1: 9:25am On Jan 10, 2018
good day guys,

my mech had to do sum work on my car(03/04 accord v6), along d line dey dismantled d gear box which had no prior issues.
after work was done nd gearbox mounted back it started acting funny..,
i.e, wen gear lever is shifted to park car does nt start(no crank atal) nd also the lever becomes stiff.
car onli starts wen lever is reset back to neutral.
and wen in park, the key cnt turn off d ignition completeli,battery head needs to b removed b4 key can completeli turnoff ignition.
"D" light now blinks and car struggles to accelerate at first gear bt reverse drives well.

note that gear was working ok b4 now...please ur help is needed guys b4 taking car back to mech

thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bzion1: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2018
boss pls help out

good day guys,

my mech had to do sum work on my car(03/04 accord v6), along d line dey dismantled d gear box which had no prior issues.
i.e, wen gear lever is shifted to park car does nt start(no crank atal) nd also the lever becomes stiff.
and wen in park, the key cnt turn off d ignition completeli,battery head needs to b removed b4 key can completeli turnoff ignition.
"grin" light now blinks and car struggles to accelerate at first gear bt reverse drives well.

note that gear was working ok b4 now...please ur help is needed guys b4 taking car back to mech

thanks
luvinhubby:
Happy New Year to all, wishing you all a properous 2018.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hello guys anybody can help

My Honda Accord 2004 model,I leave my key on the key mouth which is ignition and disconnected my battery,what my be the cause? Because the car is refusing to start right now.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
andrew444:

My Honda Accord 2004 model,I leave my key on the key mouth which is ignition and disconnected my battery,what my be the cause? Because the car is refusing to start right now.

Your car might have gone into lock mode. When you put the car on first ignition does the key light(green) go off or remain. If in lock mode you might need a scan tool to unlock for it to start
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
mayor2013:

Your car might have gone into lock mode. When you put the car on first ignition does the key light(green) go off or remain. If in lock mode you might need a scan tool to unlock for it to start

My rewire told me it's in lock mode,he was telling me something about key sign on dashboard either blinking or not,I need to scan it right ? Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
bzion1:
boss pls help out

good day guys,

"grin" light now blinks and car struggles to accelerate at first gear bt reverse drives well.

thanks

Look for something like that and change, it is called gear range switch.

If condition does not improve, then demand for your mechanic's head on a charger. cheesy

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
How much is the price to scan a car ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
davodyguy:

Update on this.

Just learn from what happened, so you know what to do.

The owner drove the car to car wash on Thursday and the engine was washed.
Some parts not properly covered and alternator got penetrated by water.

A fuse in the fuse box was blown.

Fuse replaced and all these
Disappeared.

Interesting and you replaced 02 sensor with less than NGN2000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Azanor:
Please how much does the compressor for a 2003 Honda Accord cost?

Also, does anyone know a reliable place where I can buy/replace the O2 sensor for the same car model in Abuja?

Thanks for the help smiley

Contact kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bzion1: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
luvinhubby:

Look for something like that and change, it is called gear range switch.

If condition does not improve, then demand for your mechanic's head on a charger. cheesy
boss tnx so mch
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
thebigkendo:

Interesting and you replaced 02 sensor with less than NGN2000

Which part of the post did you not comprehend? You may need to review the post again and this time carefully to avoid misquoting
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2018
davodyguy:

Which part of the post did you not comprehend? You may need to review the post again and this time carefully to avoid misquoting

davodyguy:

Sorry sir i am a demeanor, Can you please explain the bolded.. I know replacing fuse cost less than NGN1000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 8:22am On Jan 11, 2018
andrew444:
How much is the price to scan a car ?
It cost as much as the price of a regular OBd II engine and transmission non professional scanner.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 8:37am On Jan 11, 2018
davodyguy:

It cost as much as the price of a regular OBd II engine and transmission non professional scanner.

I don't know the price bros,please how much ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 9:16am On Jan 11, 2018
andrew444:

That move is known to cause the immobilizer unit to forget its key code.

The key may need to be reprogrammed before the car will start.

Does the green key light on the dash illuminate and stays when key is ignition? If yes, you need to reprogram key.

Normal operation is if you insert key, the green light flashes once and goes off if its the right key. If its the wrong key, the light stays on or keeps flashing.

If the light stays on or keeps flashing, your car is immobilized and will never start. The immobilizer, unit tells the ecu to shut down power to ignition coil packs and fuel pump. You know what that means.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 10:21am On Jan 11, 2018
adanny01:

That move is known to cause the immobilizer unit to forget its key code.

The key may need to be reprogrammed before the car will start.

Does the green key light on the dash illuminate and stays when key is ignition? If yes, you need to reprogram key.

Normal operation is if you insert key, the green light flashes once and goes off if its the right key. If its the wrong key, the light stays on or keeps flashing.

If the light stays on or keeps flashing, your car is immobilized and will never start. The immobilizer, unit tells the ecu to shut down power to ignition coil packs and fuel pump. You know what that means.

The car was scanned,the key issue has been program with machine but the car still did not start,it was scanned and the fault has been revealed,one of the sensors is bad,so they said it will be replaced before car can start
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2018
andrew444:

The car was scanned,the key issue has been program with machine but the car still did not start,it was scanned and the fault has been revealed,one of the sensors is bad,so they said it will be replaced before car can start

Check this first.

Does the green key light on the dash illuminate and stays when key is ignition? If yes, you need to reprogram key?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2018
adanny01:

Check this first.

It's been reprogrammed that key sign issues on the dashboard,I will replace the sensor that Is bad to see what happens next
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 10:48am On Jan 11, 2018
adanny01:

Check this first.

It has been program the key light does not show anymore,but it still didn't start,then it was scan the scan says sensor was bad and need replacement
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 11:00am On Jan 11, 2018
andrew444:

I don't know the price bros,please how much ?

5000 check jumia or konga

non professional
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 11:02am On Jan 11, 2018
andrew444:

It has been program the key light does not show anymore,but it still didn't start,then it was scan the scan says sensor was bad and need replacement
See another experienced rewire
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 11:15am On Jan 11, 2018
davodyguy:

See another experienced rewire

Okay thanks a lot really appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2018
andrew444:

Okay thanks a lot really appreciate

In which part of the country are trying to fix the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 11:21am On Jan 11, 2018
davodyguy:

In which part of the country are trying to fix the car?

Badagry Lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2018
andrew444:

It's been reprogrammed that key sign issues on the dashboard,I will replace the sensor that Is bad to see what happens next

As a guarantee that the car is not immobilized, check for power to the fuel pump. Then confirm fuel pressure and ignition (spark) before trowing in parts.

Removing battery lead wire while key is in ignition should not kill a sensor.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2018
adanny01:

As a guarantee that the car is not immobilized, check for power to the fuel pump. Then confirm fuel pressure and ignition (spark) before trowing in parts.

Removing battery lead wire while key is in ignition should not kill a sensor.

The power of the fuel pump has been checked and fuel pump out from there,and the car was parked for about 2 months before it was parked for 2 month It sank in water,I travelled that's why it was packed for 2 months
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2018
andrew444:

The power of the fuel pump has been checked and fuel pump out from there,and the car was parked for about 2 months before it was parked for 2 month It sank in water,I travelled that's why it was packed for 2 months

Ahhh! You didnt mention water in your 1st post. You mean the car was flooded? This is totally different to what you posted as the problem.

I hope the engine has not be destroyed by now if proper repairs are not followed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 11:47am On Jan 11, 2018
adanny01:

Ahhh! You didnt mention water in your 1st post. You mean the car was flooded? This is totally different to what you posted as the problem.

I hope the engine has not be destroyed by now if proper repairs are not followed.

The engine has not been destroyed,i sank in a water for just 30 minute,the car was dragged out of the water,i continued my journey and I used the car for 2 more days before i Park it and travel
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
adanny01:

Bros na wa oo,why u dey suggest engine,the engine is okay,I told you the car was scanned and the problem has been detected now you are suggesting engine is bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.