Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (887124 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:05am On Jan 14, 2018
soloehis:
Hi pals.. Hope u guys are doing great.. Pls I just bought Nigerian used 2003 Honda civic hatchback with hard steering.. The Dash board icon is displaying EPS.. It has electric power steering.. It's very hard when I turn the steering.. Does any have any idea how to go about it..

Run a scan first. As long as the EPS is on steering would remain hard when turning. Post scan results here

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lighthousearc: 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hi nairalanders, I just got an Acura TL 2010, anytime I buy fuel the “low fuel” warning light will still be on, on the dashboard please what could be the problem.

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2018
lighthousearc:
Hi nairalanders, I just got an Acura TL 2010, anytime I buy fuel the “low fuel” warning light will still be on, on the dashboard please what could be the problem.

Thank you

Seems like your fuel gauge floater does not return after refilling your tank. Seems likely the car fuel gauge attached on the pump assembly is faulty and may be giving you wrong fuel level reading.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lighthousearc: 2:20am On Jan 15, 2018
luvinhubby:

Seems like your fuel gauge floater does not return after refilling your tank. Seems likely the car fuel gauge attached on the pump assembly is faulty and may be giving you wrong fuel level reading.
I think I will do diagnostics
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicbussi: 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
OGA GAZZUZZ, Pls what can be the issue with my Gear, When i accelerate the Gear will Vibrate before moving from 20 - 40, and 40 - 60 and 60-80. EOD 03/04.

pls assist
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soloehis(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
motunroyin:
Good day all
Am planning on getting Honda pilot. please advice is it good for bad road, is it not having problems of front wheels like accord and is it maintenance friendly.
Thanks
it's a rugged car..it drives like a jet. We use the 04 model as a family car ..we have been using it since 2012.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by andrew444(m): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
Mayor2013 and co my Honda Accord 2003 model has started at last,I just wasted my money on the rewire,I bought the so called sensor the scanner showed for 5k and fix it still same issue,I just brought an experienced rewire that just told me it's an electrical issue and fixed up everything,thanks you all for your contributions
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2018
andrew444:
Mayor2013 and co my Honda Accord 2003 model has started at last,I just wasted my money on the rewire,I bought the so called sensor the scanner showed for 5k and fix it still same issue,I just brought an experienced rewire that just told me it's an electrical issue and fixed up everything,thanks you all for your contributions

That's good to know.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
andrew444:

Your concern should be to note what exactly he fixed, for future reference.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 10:55am On Jan 19, 2018
Please help me diagnose this my recent gearbox issue

The gear works okay but whenever I get to a bumpy/bad wobbly stretch of road and the car goes through it my gear disengages and if I depress the throttle the engine only revs until I restart the car and it all works fine again but when I hit the next patch of bad road the same issue arises again

Please what might be causing this problem? I feel it’s a component not properly put in place/loose but I don’t know where to start looking and there’s no mechanic with a scan tool around me here in Kebbi. It’s a 2004 accord i4

I need someone to point me in a direction so I can take the car to someone to help me check those areas closely. Thanks

Kashif
Gazzuzz
kingreign
Inze
Mayor2013
Luvinhubby
adanny01
Demeanor

NB. Please if someone posts a solution and you have another view be good enough to also chip in. I need help from all angles as this is making me be afraid of bad roads, speed bumps and portholes because my gear will misbehave instead of because my ball joints might give way
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kashif(m): 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
lilkech:
Please help me diagnose this my recent gearbox issue

The gear works okay but whenever I get to a bumpy/bad wobbly stretch of road and the car goes through it my gear disengages and if I depress the throttle the engine only revs until I restart the car and it all works fine again but when I hit the next patch of bad road the same issue arises again

Please what might be causing this problem? I feel it’s a component not properly put in place/loose but I don’t know where to start looking and there’s no mechanic with a scan tool around me here in Kebbi. It’s a 2004 accord i4

I need someone to point me in a direction so I can take the car to someone to help me check those areas closely. Thanks

Kashif
Gazzuzz
kingreign
Inze
Mayor2013
Luvinhubby
adanny01
Demeanor

NB. Please if someone posts a solution and you have another view be good enough to also chip in. I need help from all angles as this is making me be afraid of bad roads, speed bumps and portholes because my gear will misbehave instead of because my ball joints might give way

This needs a scanner, and I don't have the faintest idea how it works in Kebbi. Start by physically checking around the gearbox for any lose cable/connector.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
Kashif:

This needs a scanner, and I don't have the faintest idea how it works in Kebbi. Start by physically checking around the gearbox for any lose cable/connector.

I’ve checked all wires connected to each of the sensors and they feel solid. What other components might I look at please?

I believe thee are 3 sensors on the gearbox viewable right under the battery compartment in the engine. 2 on the side and one big one on its top
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2018
Have you inspected your battery terminal hope they are properly tucked in. Also do you have very good battery?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
mayor2013:
Have you inspected your battery terminal hope they are properly tucked in. Also do you have very good battery?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2018
mayor2013:

There is nothing wrong with the battery or alternator and the terminals are bolted tightly.

The issue is that the car does not go off or stall when I’m in a bumpy road but only the gear ‘disengages’.

I hope you can help sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 5:23pm On Jan 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

undecided undecided undecided

Oga say something naw undecided

I’m now afraid of bad road even more than someone whose ball joints are squeaking or a person transporting raw eggs in his booth
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by KlarkDevlin: 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2018
From personal experience I know that it is very necessary such thing as a winch pickwinch.com She often helped me when the car broke down and she also helped out on the hunt.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2018
lilkech:

Oga say something naw undecided

I’m now afraid of bad road even more than someone whose ball joints are squeaking or a person transporting raw eggs in his booth

this is what I would do if I was in this sittuation (without a scanner)

I would inspect the gear lever and re-align it if necessary, I would go over rough roads and test.

Next I would run same test in reverse gear.

Finally,

I would rule out mechanical from electrical.

Your gearbox is equipped with 2 pressure sensors and several 3 solenoids that can be accessed with ease.

I would start by disconnecting them one at a time to see which of them (when disconnected) will render vehicle motionless.

I am sure you will do all this and get back with your findings.

And please leave you battery alone, it is like bathing with salt to prevent ebola.

Some suggestions are just counter intuitive.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2018
lilkech:

There is nothing wrong with the battery or alternator and the terminals are bolted tightly.

The issue is that the car does not go off or stall when I’m in a bumpy road but only the gear ‘disengages’.

I hope you can help sir

When this eventually happens or prior to does the D4 light blink? Keep an eye on it if you are not sure of this
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2018
mayor2013:

When this eventually happens or prior to does the D4 light blink? Keep an eye on it if you are not sure of this

Oga you can give me an e-slap and I will thank you for it

I forgot to mention these two symptoms below

The D light blinks just as the issue happens most of the time (blinks as gear disengages)

And when I’m on speed and slowing down the gear sort of ‘jerks’ while it downshifts only into gear 1

My transmission fluid was a little bit over gauged (by half an inch at most) when it was changed over a year and a half ago but it had been driving okay before now. It’s still that way because I’m scared of anyone tampering with that fluid

These symptoms started only 2 wwwks ago but now it’s getting worse as it occurs more frequently now

I hope this helps

cc kashif, gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

this is what I would do if I was in this sittuation (without a scanner)

I would inspect the gear lever and re-align it if necessary, I would go over rough roads and test.

Next I would run same test in reverse gear.

Finally,

I would rule out mechanical from electrical.

Your gearbox is equipped with 2 pressure sensors and several 3 solenoids that can be accessed with ease.

I would start by disconnecting them one at a time to see which of them (when disconnected) will render vehicle motionless.

I am sure you will do all this and get back with your findings.

And please leave you battery alone, it is like bathing with salt to prevent ebola.

Some suggestions are just counter intuitive.

Sir thank you for these instructions, but please pardon my asking

When you say ‘gear lever’ you mean I should open up the gear housing inside the cars center console (below the radio) and check if everything there looks okay or if something is loose?

And about testing the pressure switches and solenoids, should I disconnect a wire, test and reconnect the wire back before moving on to test another one or should I take them off one by one (without plugging the prior one back) until the vehicle decides not to move anymore when I engage drive and throttle?

ThAnk you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57pm On Jan 19, 2018
lilkech:

The D light blinks just as the issue happens most of the time (blinks as gear disengages)

And when I’m on speed and slowing down the gear sort of ‘jerks’ while it downshifts only into gear 1

My transmission fluid was a little bit over gauged (by half an inch at most) when it was changed over a year and a half ago but it had been driving okay before now. It’s still that way because I’m scared of anyone tampering with that fluid

These symptoms started only 2 wwwks ago but now it’s getting worse as it occurs more frequently now

I hope this helps

cc kashif, gazzuzz

you really need a scanner. Buy one on konga or pay for scanner and delivery cost will be like 5k scanner 5k logistics
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you really need a scanner. Buy one on konga or pay for scanner and delivery cost will be like 5k scanner 5k logistics

Sir if you can handle the procurement and logistics then let me know so I ring you. I’ve never used a scanner before and don’t know the good ones in the market.

In the meantime I will perform your prescribed tests and revert to the thread.

Thanks again
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2018
lilkech:

I hope this helps

cc kashif, gazzuzz

Where someone sees someone else might not see. No man is an island of knowledge. Scan tool is needed for this now. What fluid did you change with as at then
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2018
mayor2013:

Where someone sees someone else might not see. No man is an island of knowledge. Scan tool is needed for this now. What fluid did you change with as at then

I used Honda ATF-DW1 sir as recommended
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2018
lilkech:

I used Honda ATF-DW1 sir as recommended

Could be mechanical, could be electrical. All you need now at this junction is to run a scan
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2018
mayor2013:

Could be mechanical, could be electrical. All you need now at this junction is to run a scan

Thanks for your time sir. I will definitely need a scan as I’ve been made to understand
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kashif(m): 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
lilkech:

I hope this helps

cc kashif, gazzuzz

My gut feeling tells me whatever is causing this is external to your gear. Did you carry out any repair prior to this problem? Are there rodent dung in your engine bay?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 9:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
Kashif:

My gut feeling tells me whatever is causing this is external to your gear. Did you carry out any repair prior to this problem? Are there rodent dung in your engine bay?

Yes sir traveled to asaba in late November last year to visit someone and parked the car outside the compound for the week I was there and I opened my hood to see rat sh1t on the engine on 2 occasions only.

The car still drove well after then all through December when I traveled home for Christmas and then here to Kebbi before these symptoms started manifesting.

If the rats damaged wires I’m sure the effects would have been felt immediately right? That’s what I thought back then sha

The car still performed well because I have traveled twice with it since I was at asaba. The only thing I’ve done on the engine since then is a regular oil & filter change and the servicing of my injectors and cleaning out my intake
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 11:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
lilkech:

Yes sir traveled to asaba in late November last year to visit someone and parked the car outside the compound for the week I was there and I opened my hood to see rat sh1t on the engine on 2 occasions only.

The car still drove well after then all through December when I traveled home for Christmas and then here to Kebbi before these symptoms started manifesting.

If the rats damaged wires I’m sure the effects would have been felt immediately right? That’s what I thought back then sha

The car still performed well because I have traveled twice with it since I was at asaba. The only thing I’ve done on the engine since then is a regular oil & filter change and the servicing of my injectors and cleaning out my intake

Do you know if the rat ate up some parts that went all through to this recent event and perhaps now the wire eaten up has lost continuity. Never underestimate their teeth grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 12:43am On Jan 20, 2018
mayor2013:

Do you know if the rat ate up some parts that went all through to this recent event and perhaps now the wire eaten up has lost continuity. Never underestimate their teeth grin

Never underestimate o

This i can relate . . .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 3:38am On Jan 20, 2018
mayor2013:

Chei na wao !

So it’s for me to start tracing wires too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (431) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Travoski and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.