Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,033 members, 7,803,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (887271 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello house, thanks to Luvinhubby and all the other contributors..I've learnt a lot.

I drive a Honda CRV and recently I noticed a slow response when I step on the accelerator, plus it would try to stall when the ac is on. I took it to my mech who said I would have to change plugs,fuel filter, service the nozzles as well as do the regular oil & oil filter change. I use regular super v by the way.

Did all that 2days ago and instead the problem is worse. It actually goes of now sometimes when I hit the brakes, stalls when the ac is on and still has a drag when I accelerate. Now he's saying I should buy injector fluid . I'm thinking he's also clueless.

Pls house I need advice, what could be wrong? I've had the car for just abt 4 months and I do regular servicing as at when due.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 9:42am On Jun 28, 2014
I was driving one day and I notice that my car wasn't moving anymore. I parked to check. I started the car again and engaged the gear but I notice is won't move after engaging the gear and when I return the shifter to P, it will make a sharp noise. Could it be that my gearbox is bad or faulty?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2014
turok: I was driving one day and I notice that my car wasn't moving anymore. I parked to check. I started the car again and engaged the gear but I notice is won't move after engaging the gear and when I return the shifter to P, it will make a sharp noise. Could it be that my gearbox is bad or faulty?
Na wa oo, hackers have stolen a lot of the useful discussions on this thread.
Back to your topic,
You did not state what type and year your car is, whether any of the gear lights blinked, if your ATF level is normal or not? Did you work on the car of late or not? More details from above questions.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oride: 11:46am On Jun 28, 2014
Solved.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2014
Left rear tyre?
Wheel, bent wheel.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
Honda Accord 1993. Gear Lights doesn't blink. When I checked the ATF level was low but I have top up the ATF but still.

luvinhubby:
Na wa oo, hackers have stolen a lot of the useful discussions on this thread.
Back to your topic,
You did not state what type and year your car is, whether any of the gear lights blinked, if your ATF level is normal or not? Did you work on the car of late or not? More details from above questions.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mikkyphp(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2014
turok: I was driving one day and I notice that my car wasn't moving anymore. I parked to check. I started the car again and engaged the gear but I notice is won't move after engaging the gear and when I return the shifter to P, it will make a sharp noise. Could it be that my gearbox is bad or faulty?

This same thing to my car 2 days ago. The issue is that the shaft that goes into your tyre has pulled out. It is a minor fix.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ichakaobos(m): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
my 2007 accord keeps going off after dis engaging from drive(D), what could be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
IchakaObosi himself, you can do a scan and post the codes for us here to analyse for you and the benefit of others.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ichakaobos(m): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ichie luvinhubby, oshe. Will do a scan and report back to you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jaabr: 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hello guys! I need ur advice on something! I wanto replace the headlamps of my babyboy to the xenon type but some ppl were discouraging me,does it have any effect? And is the follow come any better than it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Jaabr: Hello guys! I need ur advice on something! I wanto replace the headlamps of my babyboy to the xenon type but some ppl were discouraging me,does it have any effect? And is the follow come any better than it?

http://www.torquecars.com/articles/headlight-bulbs.php
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ichakaobos(m): 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
luvinhubby: IchakaObosi himself, you can do a scan and post the codes for us here to analyse for you and the benefit of others.
13-01
37-01
61-01
64-01
83-01
86-01
Here are the scan codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:42am On Jul 02, 2014
ichakaobos:
13-01
37-01
61-01
64-01
83-01
86-01
Here are the scan codes.

These are really funny scan codes.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ichakaobos(m): 7:44am On Jul 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

These are really funny scan codes.
13-01 : left front wheel speed sensor open circuit
37-01: ABS left- Rear inlet solenoid vavle malfunction.
61-01: Battery voltage failure, battery voltage low.
64-01: Sensor supply voltage failure.
83-01: ECM relation failure.
86-01: CAN node error.
Hope the aren't funny anymore?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2014
ichakaobos:
13-01 : left front wheel speed sensor open circuit
37-01: ABS left- Rear inlet solenoid vavle malfunction.
61-01: Battery voltage failure, battery voltage low.
64-01: Sensor supply voltage failure.
83-01: ECM relation failure.
86-01: CAN node error.
Hope the aren't funny anymore?

Sorry man was not making fun of you odb 11 codes come in this format
P 0 1 0 1
1  2 3 4 5
1st digit
P = powertrain
B = Body
C = Chassis

2nd digit
0 = Standard
1 = Manufacturer specific

3rd digit
1 = Emission management
2 = Injector circuit
3 = Ignition
4 = Auxiliary emission
5 = Vehicle speed & idle control
6 = Computer & output circuit
7 = TransmissionNote:OBD II oxygen sensor designation
For “V” engines; BANK 1 is always on the side of the engine with the number 1 cylinder (odd cylinders), and BANK 2 is always on the side of the engine where the number 2 cylinder is always on the side of the engine where the number 2 cylinder (even cylinders) is located.

E.g 37-01 should be C0080(not sure if its a honda specific code) - Left Rear ABS Solenoid #1 Circuit Malfunction

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jaabr: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

http://www.torquecars.com/articles/headlight-bulbs.php
Ok thanks. What is the best in-dash stereo replacement kit you will recommend?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ichakaobos(m): 9:11am On Jul 02, 2014
@gazzuzz, the codes I put on were given to me at the workshop I did the scan at amuwo odofin. What is the next thing to do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:24am On Jul 02, 2014
Jaabr:
Ok thanks. What is the best in-dash stereo replacement kit you will recommend?

https://www.nairaland.com/1522305/car-dash-dvd-bluetooth-gps
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:33am On Jul 02, 2014
ichakaobos: @gazzuzz, the codes I put on were given to me at the workshop I did the scan at amuwo odofin. What is the next thing to do?

If you trust your scan results

1. check resistance on left front wheel speed sensor if not within standard resistance replace sensor.

2. Reset codes and rescan after drive testing.

3. If you still have the ABS left rear solenoid malfunction replace abs pump.

4. Calibrate/reprogram........... New abs pump(I guess its not plug and play) drive test and rescan for errors.

5. Post the new codes here if any.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by klodike(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2014
Pls gurus in the house is it possible to play music on Honda Accord 2005 using your phone? This is because I can't see any auxiliary port. Tnks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2014
klodike: Pls gurus in the house is it possible to play music on Honda Accord 2005 using your phone? This is because I can't see any auxiliary port. Tnks in anticipation of your responses.

You need an aux adopter like in the picture below. Its available on ebay.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by klodike(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
Tnk u sir
adanny01:

You need an aux adopter like in the picture below. Its available on ebay.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by klipse: 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hello guys, I recently noticed that my accord 2008 keeps pulling to the left or right. When I brake it randomly swerves, I have to hold the steering tightly to keep the car from changing lanes. My mechanic says I have to change my front shocks while another said its my tie rods. Please help, I dnt want to waste hard earned money changing the wrong parts. What can be the problem, its so bad that I have to move below 60km/hr on third mainland bridge.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
klipse: Hello guys, I recently noticed that my accord 2008 keeps pulling to the left or right. When I brake it randomly swerves, I have to hold the steering tightly to keep the car from changing lanes. My mechanic says I have to change my front shocks while another said its my tie rods. Please help, I dnt want to waste hard earned money changing the wrong parts. What can be the problem, its so bad that I have to move below 60km/hr on third mainland bridge.

Tie rods
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
klipse: Hello guys, I recently noticed that my accord 2008 keeps pulling to the left or right. When I brake it randomly swerves, I have to hold the steering tightly to keep the car from changing lanes. My mechanic says I have to change my front shocks while another said its my tie rods. Please help, I dnt want to waste hard earned money changing the wrong parts. What can be the problem, its so bad that I have to move below 60km/hr on third mainland bridge.

Its a serious problem, i suggest you dont keep driving the car in that condition unless you are heading to the mechanic workshop.

Tie rod ends most probably or upper arm ball joints or bushing. Bushing would have made made noise sha. To be safe let your mechanic check all the ball joints and replace any defective immediately. They are not so expensive.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Boyoorisha: 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
[b]Hello everyone, I have a honda accord 2003 v6. The car started acting up a month ago. I was driving to somewhere when it started jerking, after several jerks, the car stopped completely and it would not start again. I was told it was kick starter and the fuel pump, I got the two replaced and the car started but smoked heavily, the smoke smell fuel. The following day, it started jerking again and went off. I called the mechanic who said it was the nussle (I dont know if i spelt it correctly), after he did his work, the car was fine. Two days later, I began to hear a clicking sound when I accelerate, I called the guy again and he said it might be the brain box. I parked the car in the office and I called another mechanic to come and check it, he decided to take the car to the workshop. After we started the car, soon it would go off on its own. We managed to take it to his workshop and I left. The following day when I checked, I would say the guy has damaged the car the more. You could obviously hear the engine running now with heavy noise and smoke. The guy is now saying I may need to buy a new engine, I have used the car for just six months!

PLEASE I NEED HELP, WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH THE CAR?[/b]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Boyoorisha: [b]Hello everyone, I have a honda accord 2003 v6. The car started acting up a month ago. I was driving to somewhere when it started jerking, after several jerks, the car stopped completely and it would not start again. I was told it was kick starter and the fuel pump, I got the two replaced and the car started but smoked heavily, the smoke smell fuel. The following day, it started jerking again and went off. I called the mechanic who said it was the nussle (I dont know if i spelt it correctly), after he did his work, the car was fine. Two days later, I began to hear a clicking sound when I accelerate, I called the guy again and he said it might be the brain box. I parked the car in the office and I called another mechanic to come and check it, he decided to take the car to the workshop. After we started the car, soon it would go off on its own. We managed to take it to his workshop and I left. The following day when I checked, I would say the guy has damaged the car the more. You could obviously hear the engine running now with heavy noise and smoke. The guy is now saying I may need to buy a new engine, I have used the car for just six months!

PLEASE I NEED HELP, WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH THE CAR?[/b]

First things first, at purchase, did the car have check engine light lit?

Secondly, do you have the cel lit right now? If yes, at what point in its history that the light came on?

Thirdly, have you scanned the car? Get a scan and come here with the codes.

Lastly, you descrption is not detailed. If the car smokes, what colour is the smoke? Black, Blue or white? Do you have engine oil shortage? You have to listen and describe where you think the sound is coming from? Other observations are will be helpful.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Boyoorisha: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
adanny01:
First things first, at purchase, did the car have check engine light lit?
Secondly, do you have the cel lit right now? If yes, at what point in its history that the light came on?
Thirdly, have you scanned the car? Get a scan and come here with the codes.
Lastly, you descrption is not detailed. If the car smokes, what colour is the smoke? Black, Blue or white? Do you have engine oil shortage? You have to listen and describe where you think the sound is coming from? Other observations are will be helpful.

Thanks bro, the check engine light was never on before except the car was due for service and when the service is done, it will go off. But now the light is on permanently, also the TCS light is on. As regards the smoke, it is white smoke. The mechanic told me he has scanned it but he did not give me the codes, may be I will have to get it from him if he truly scanned the car
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Boyoorisha:

Thanks bro, the check engine light was never on before except the car was due for service and when the service is done, it will go off. But now the light is on permanently, also the TCS light is on. As regards the smoke, it is white smoke. The mechanic told me he has scanned it but he did not give me the codes, may be I will have to get it from him if he truly scanned the car

White smoke means engine is gone.
Please purchase another engine, you should get it from 100k
Make sure the person who sells the engine to you recommends/hands you a Mechanic to fix it, for guarantee, cash-security and rest of mind.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Boyoorisha: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2014
9jacrip:
White smoke means engine is gone.
Please purchase another engine, you should get it from 100k
Make sure the person who sells the engine to you recommends/hands you a Mechanic to fix it, for guarantee, cash-security and rest of mind.

Thanks bro. Could you recommend anyone?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
Boyoorisha:

Thanks bro. Could you recommend anyone?

0803 714 0519
He deals only in engine and tranny.
I bought engine and tranny from him, a year apart, he recommended a mechanic who came to my location (Mowe/Ibafo).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (431) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.