Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888387 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2016
vicbussi:
@oga gazzuzz @ luvinhubby
please my car key refuse to open the car and even cannot start the car after we were able to be open the door.
EOD2003
please help

THANK YOU

put the key in the ignition, turn to start, does the green key light go off on the instrument cluster?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DaCharis2016: 10:03pm On May 26, 2016
Honda 2001 model, Baby boy for sale Automatic with leather seat. Condition; Nigerian use, very clean.
Price; N500,000 call; 07081817162

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicbussi: 5:09pm On May 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

put the key in the ignition, turn to start, does the green key light go off on the instrument cluster?
YES THE LIGHT GOES OFF
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mexxy1(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2016
vicbussi:
@oga gazzuzz @ luvinhubby
please my car key refuse to open the car and even cannot start the car after we were able to be open the door.
EOD2003
please help

THANK YOU

Find a locksmith. I had similar issues last month. Drove the vehicle normally all day and stopped to buy something but key refused entering the keyhole to start the vehicle.
I called Luvinhubby and he advised I get a locksmith. In my case, I got an auto electrician who disconnected the key unit, started it with screwdriver and I drove home. He then went with the unit to the locksmith and after about two hours he came back, installed it and I've been starting the vehicle normally.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:07am On May 28, 2016
luvinhubby:

Key - 7,000
Cutting - 1,500
Programming - 5,000

Hi @LuvinHubby what is the cost for key/cutting/programming for Honda Accord 2008 V6"
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2016
DaCharis2016:
Honda 2001 model, Baby boy for sale Automatic with leather seat. Condition; Nigerian use, very clean.
This is not 2001 model.
Fear God o

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 11:22am On May 28, 2016
DaCharis2016:

Sir,

With due respect, there is a section on Nairaland where you can advertise this car, and you are more likely to get better audience.

This particular thread was created for a specific purpose. If you read the topic of the thread slowly and loudly to yourself, it may occur to you that what you have done is wrong.

If I don't point this out to you, very soon other individuals will follow suit and the purpose of this thread may become defeated.

I'd therefore humbly suggest you remove the post and take to the appropriate section.. and, if you're a gentleman, probably apologize for spamming this thread.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Analyst4: 6:34pm On May 28, 2016
@yommex I will advice you to first diagnosed your honda before you take a step further. It could be oil as said. You can as well contact the man on 08034208119
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DaCharis2016: 8:20pm On May 28, 2016
Macmilla:
This is not 2001 model. Fear God o
Which model is it then?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 10:42am On May 29, 2016
DaCharis2016:

Which model is it then?
The two horn buttons on d steering wheel is not on the 2001 model.
That rear light is not that of 2001.
This is most likely 98 or 99 model.

Post the vin number and I will prove it to you.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 10:18am On May 30, 2016
Nigerians are just so funny.
You posted a car u want ppl to buy and u say "for more information, call this number". And when ppl call and start asking questions, u get irritated. Plz What information are u talking about if the potential buyer cannot ask questions?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamphill: 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good day house. Please does anybody have an idea how much a compressor (manual) for an EOD V6 costs.

The last two times I filled my gas the AC lasts for about 5 days, the AC guy claimed there was a leakage somewhere. I gave him the car to fix he later told me that I have to change the compressor but prior to this the AC has bin chilling like say na Antarctic I dey...lol

Anyway on a serious note I don't want to be ripped off in this harsh economy. Please will appreciate any tip or response as regards this issue. Thanks folks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jeff777: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

does your oil go down on the dipstick? If the answer is yes, don't go near 5w20, that will spell doom for the engine.

If you are experiencing oil dryness, noise or temperature rise in your car, then you need to use Royal Purple 5W30 HPS Synthetic Engine oil. You can call this number: 08024430082, 07035407519.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jeff777: 9:41am On Jun 03, 2016
If you are experiencing oil dryness, that means the oil that you are using does not have thermal stability, then you need to use Royal Purple 5W30 HPS synthetic engine oil. It will also help to reduce engine noise and temperature rise in your car. You can call this number: 08024430082, 07035407519.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Autopartz: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
For information on the price of the A/C Compressor for an End Of Discussion, you can contact suppliers directly by visiting the website:

www.autopartz.com (main site) and take the following steps:

Visit the 'Specify vehicles using nickname' section and click on End Of Discussion '03, '04, '05.

Then visit the A.C/Cooling section under the 'browse category' column and click on A.C Compressor Pump.

All the suppliers of A.C Compressor Pumps for End of Discussion registered with us would be displayed for various market clusters.

You can then click on the contact information of any of the suppliers of your choice to get the price.

Please share your experience with us.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Autopartz: 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
Note that A.C Compressor for manual EOD is the same for A.C Compressor EOD automatic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jboi08(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello Honda gurus,
I drive a V6 'end of discussion 05'
there is this suction sound I hear from the engine compartment whenever I press the brake pedal.
Note: brake fluid is full, brake pads are in good shape, changed bushens for the front arm on both sides.
The mechanic guessed that the noise is caused by a vibration, am sceptical about that.
Any suggestions please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
Ok. Now following all you Honda gurus on this thread and soaking up your knowledge smiley. Looking to get my first car (looking at the baby boy although I like the shape of the bulldog much more) in two months or so when I'm done with this semester's exams and I want to learn all I can now so I don't have to do it by fire by force in a Kazeem's workshop grin.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2016
iamphill:
Good day house. Please does anybody have an idea how much a compressor (manual) for an EOD V6 costs.

The last two times I filled my gas the AC lasts for about 5 days, the AC guy claimed there was a leakage somewhere. I gave him the car to fix he later told me that I have to change the compressor but prior to this the AC has bin chilling like say na Antarctic I dey...lol

Anyway on a serious note I don't want to be ripped off in this harsh economy. Please will appreciate any tip or response as regards this issue. Thanks folks

18k or more depending on the grade.
Before replacing the compressor, try changing the seal, you may not need a replacement that way.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
jboi08:
Hello Honda gurus,
I drive a V6 'end of discussion 05'
there is this suction sound I hear from the engine compartment whenever I press the brake pedal.
Note: brake fluid is full, brake pads are in good shape, changed bushens for the front arm on both sides.
The mechanic guessed that the noise is caused by a vibration, am sceptical about that.
Any suggestions please?

It's called servo. That's the culprit.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamphill: 7:09am On Jun 04, 2016
luvinhubby:

18k or more depending on the grade.
Before replacing the compressor, try changing the seal, you may not need a replacement that way.

Thank you so much I appreciate you. Though the guy is requesting for 25k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamosamede55: 6:47am On Jun 05, 2016
Pls how much does it cost to get crv kick start.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamosamede55: 6:51am On Jun 05, 2016
@luvinhubby pls hw much will it cost me to get crv kicj start , that will work for EOD 2003. My mechanic advises i use this because it's reworkable and more economical. I'm in lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jboi08(m): 7:34am On Jun 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

It's called servo. That's the culprit.
Thank you so much, I will give u a call for a replacement
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nnamokenna(m): 10:52am On Jun 05, 2016
If you are looking for a good 1992-2000 Honda Accord AC compressor or one for 2001-2008 Toyota Camry/Solara/Highlander, then check https://www.nairaland.com/3147615/ac-compressors-toyota-camry-honda
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by carspotng: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
Right
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nice thread
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jboi08(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
hi gurus, I was driving my car last night and behold "check fuel cap" was displaying on the dashboard. I parked, unscrewed the fuel tank cover and screwed back with three clicks, up till now the display is still on.
What is the problem, pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by niyi2u: 11:24am On Jun 08, 2016
Good Day,
House, Kindly help me on this issue that is driving me crazy.
I drive a 2002 Honda Accord V.Tech Engine.
My right wheel tire wobbles when I speed up to about 40 or 60. When I take off my feet from the pedal it stops wobbling. A number of times my mech
told me to change both up and down bolts and the arm. Whenever I do that I only notice the changes for about 2weeks and it wil become obvious again.
Changed the hub, did wheel balancing and aligement but same thing still keep occurring.
A mech complained that my right back tire was bad and its the one causing the front right wheel tire to wobble . My Vulganizer checked it and said the tire is not in a bad state to cause the front right wheel to wobble. I changed that tire and replaced it with my extra tire after changing the bolts again. After about 2weeks I started feeling the right front wheel wobbling again. All this has been going on for about 4 months now back and forth.
I am extremely disturbed now. Someone should kindly assist me on what can be happening.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CaptainKirk: 5:22am On Jun 09, 2016
savydo:
Hello Honda gurus,
I drive a 2000 Honda Accord.4 days ago, I drove long distance plus traffic jams,the radiator started overheating with it reflecting on the indicator,looked at by 2 mechanics who noticed a leak on the top.Changed the top today but now,at intervals,there's hot steam explosively coming from the closed bonnet while running idle.The indicator is below the halfway mark still. On opening the bonnet,a clearly boiling water(or coolant) sound is heard.It is bothersome.The panel beater who changed the radiator says the gasket has been affected by the overheating.
Could this be true? He says I shouldn't drive the car again until the gasket is replaced or it will knock the engine.
But I have to go about my business.
Please help me with a diagnosis so I can understand what's going on.

Gazzuzz,Luvinhubby,Siena,Macmilia,kindly provide your inputs. Thanks.

Hi Savydo, Unfortunately it sounds like you have blown your cylinder head gasket. You will probably have to skim the head before replacing the gasket. Once the new gasket is in, remember to torque the head again after approximately 500 to 1000km. Please only use a fully formulated engine coolant once the job is complete. I obviously recommend Cummins ES Compleat 50/50 Pre-Mix. Be aware of counterfeit or "Fake" products and make sure you buy your coolant from a reputable source.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sicario1: 7:32pm On Jun 09, 2016
guys thanks for the advice. i got a good engine and car is now noiseless but however, i have a pending trans issue. Car most times disengages to neutral when moving to second gear only but switches perfectly on all other gears. i just finished servicing the trans but issue persist. changed the two gear solenoid sensors A, B and C. Scan doesn't show any trans obd codes before and after servicing.

i read that a failing throttle body most times can cause this kind of issue. considering that aswell. kindly advice gurus
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sicario1: 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
sicario1:
guys thanks for the advice. i got a good engine and car is now noiseless but however, i have a pending trans issue. Car most times disengages to neutral when moving to second gear only but switches perfectly on all other gears. i just finished servicing the trans but issue persist. changed the two gear solenoid sensors A, B and C. Scan doesn't show any trans obd codes before and after servicing.

kindly advice gurus

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (431) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.