Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888640 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OCTAVO: 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello house, a friend of mine wants to buy used Honda Accord (adidas). I don't know the year of manufacture though, but I'll attach a pic of the dash board if the gurus in the house can use that to give any info. Hope it's not a problematic car? Hope it's fuel consumption isn't too high and cost of maintenance as well?

Cc: Gazzuzz, Siena and other gurus.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xtremeidea(m): 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
hello everyone.

My honda accord makes a squeaking noise when i turn my steering. what can this be?

My mechanic said its power steering rack, i have change both rack and pump. same issue!!!

Please i need help. has anyone ever had this problem? Please see video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0lGQz_v5js

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2016
xtremeidea:
hello everyone.

My honda accord makes a squeaking noise when i turn my steering. what can this be?

My mechanic said its power steering rack, i have change both rack and pump. same issue!!!

Please i need help. has anyone ever had this problem? Please see video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0lGQz_v5js

really impressed with the video and sound. Check upper strut mounts, and ball joints (upper and lower arm joints)

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

really impressed with the video and sound. Check upper strut mounts, and ball joints (upper and lower arm joints)

Its usually from the lower arm ball joint. Some kazeem's would cut a piece of rubber from a tire and install there. Another usual cause is the ball joint top part moves against the hole which it is supposed to fit it tightly. I have seen mechanics tag-weld it to stop it from turning while the steering is turned.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OCTAVO: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I need your help. But if you don't wish to assist me based on your wealth of experience, it's no problem.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xtremeidea(m): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2016
adanny01:

Its usually from the lower arm ball joint. Some kazeem's would cut a piece of rubber from a tire and install there. Another usual cause is the ball joint top part moves against the hole which it is supposed to fit it tightly. I have seen mechanics tag-weld it to stop it from turning while the steering is turned.

Thanks will try that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xtremeidea(m): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
OCTAVO:

I need your help. But if you don't wish to assist me based on your wealth of experience, it's no problem.

my phone number 08033910382. If it is that urgent and I missed it call.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hello house, please is it possible to get original brand new vtec solenoid valve for my baby boy? If yes where can i get it please, im tired of all this worked sensors a kazeem are buying. I need one that will last. i just changed the valve like 2 months ago and now its bad again.
Gazzuzz abeg help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
rainmaker12:
Hello house, please is it possible to get original brand new vtec solenoid valve for my baby boy? If yes where can i get it please, im tired of all this worked sensors a kazeem are buying. I need one that will last. i just changed the valve like 2 months ago and now its bad again.
Gazzuzz abeg help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
rainmaker12:
Gazzuzz abeg help.

iv never installed toks more than once in the lifetime of a vehicle. Hope your oil is not contaminated?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

iv never installed toks more than once in the lifetime of a vehicle. Hope your oil is not contaminated?
iv changed the oil and filter. how do u mean contaminate?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
rainmaker12:

iv changed the oil and filter. how do u mean contaminate?
sludge or metal particles
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rainmaker12(m): 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

sludge or metal particles
ok. during the nxt oil change i ll take note of it. i think the valve they bought was not authentic, thats why it gave up in a short time
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obitryce(m): 8:37am On Jun 29, 2016
Please Oga Luvinhubby & Gazzuz kindly advice, my brother's 03 Honda element got submerged in water and has refused to start after having it worked on by a mechanic/electrician (kazeems). He told me the transmission fluid was drained n refilled with 6 cans of Atf-DW1 instead of 4. I am thinking of going over to have the car scanned and if possible relocate the vehicle thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:50am On Jun 29, 2016
obitryce:
Please Oga Luvinhubby & Gazzuz kindly advice, my brother's 03 Honda element got submerged in water and has refused to start after having it worked on by a mechanic/electrician (kazeems). He told me the transmission fluid was drained n refilled with 6 cans of Atf-DW1 instead of 4. I am thinking of going over to have the car scanned and if possible relocate the vehicle thanks.

What kind of 'work' did they do on the vehicle?

And how do you refill the gear fluid of a car that had refused to start in the first place?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obitryce(m): 9:37am On Jun 29, 2016
He said water was drained from the dashboard, gearbox, plug areas & engine. Don't know what else has been done except the fact that they tried starting the car severally to the extent of draining the battery.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by siempere(m): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2016
luvinhubby:

What kind of 'work' did they do on the vehicle?

And how do you refill the gear fluid of a car that had refused to start in the first place?
I drive the same car,ist time my car got half submerged in water all i changed was the kick...and everything was back to normal...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by siempere(m): 11:26am On Jun 29, 2016
pls guys my Honda element make some noise while driving exactly the kind of noise u should be hearing if ur tyre has a mound on it (for want of a better discription).This is at the back tyre by the passenger side my mechanic says it's the propeller but i'm not sure of his knowledge pls any ideas....?? Anybody at all...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by EdoBoy90(m): 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
CARS maintenance
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Alvinrich: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
I have a 2008 Honda Accord I4 engine that is almost due for an oil change. The issue now is I am currently in d east and I can't find the recommended 5w20 oil. The closest I have seen is 5w30 from Mobil. Is it advisable for me to use the 5w30 synthetic oil that Is available or I have to find the 5w20 at all cost. GAZZUZZ, Luvinhubby, Mayor2013 pls help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
Alvinrich:
I have a 2008 Honda Accord I4 engine that is almost due for an oil change. The issue now is I am currently in d east and I can't find the recommended 5w20 oil. The closest I have seen is 5w30 from Mobil. Is it advisable for me to use the 5w30 synthetic oil that Is available or I have to find the 5w20 at all cost. GAZZUZZ, Luvinhubby, Mayor2013 pls help.

there's HONDA engine oil 5w20 there's toyota 5w20 contact me for which ever you want.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by godwinasky: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hello house, Please i need advice on honda crv1997 which i am eying. I heard the fuel consumption is sky high indeed! Again, may i have an idea what the price of the shocks and linkages could be. And what infos can i get about its overall quality and advisability, since i know nothing about it, but like it

lastly, what maintenance tips are expedient for the car.and what are its peculiarities to be careful of. Thank you so much.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ramdris(m): 5:42am On Jul 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

there's HONDA engine oil 5w20 there's toyota 5w20 contact me for which ever you want.

Oga. Av been using the mobil 1 5w30 for my 2005 eod, hope am not as risk even though d recommended grade is 5w20..

Also, how much b d 5w20 if am to switch...?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baylam(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2016
I have been using mobil XHP 20W - 30 but now I have got 0W-40, please advice if I should stick to the XHP because I can't find 5w20, and also I need denso KJ20DR-M11
Or NGK ZFR6K-11 please drop ur contact! Lagos preferably
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:59am On Jul 06, 2016
ramdris:

Oga. Av been using the mobil 1 5w30 for my 2005 eod, hope am not as risk even though d recommended grade is 5w20..

Also, how much b d 5w20 if am to switch...?

stick with the 5W30 do not switch. Engine protection beats the negligible fuel economy you will get from 5w20.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:01am On Jul 06, 2016
Baylam:
I have been using mobil XHP 20W - 30 but now I have got 0W-40, please advice if I should stick to the XHP because I can't find 5w20, and also I need denso KJ20DR-M11
Or NGK ZFR6K-11 please drop ur contact! Lagos preferably

there is no such product. But there is 20W50 mobil.

How long have you been using it?

The spark plugs are readily available.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ramdris(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

stick with the 5W30 do not switch. Engine protection beats the negligible fuel economy you will get from 5w20.
OK sir GAZZUZZ, u r the best..Thanks..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 8:01am On Jul 08, 2016
My ppl, I just saw this angry-looking discussion continues somewhere and apart from that mean all-black colour and unique headlights, this beast has 4 exhaust outlets. I know Honda v6 normally has double exhaust, but this guy has 4.
Could this be a DC v8? Is that possible? Or just some serious love-vendor-my-ride shit?
Learned men in d house, over to you.

Cc: Gazzuzz

Sorry I couldn't take more pictures, make one military man no commot from one corner and arrange my face with better slap for taking pictures of his car.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:29am On Jul 08, 2016
Macmilla:
My ppl, I just saw this angry-looking discussion continues somewhere and apart from that mean all-black colour and unique headlights, this beast has 4 exhaust outlets. I know Honda v6 normally has double exhaust, but this guy has 4.
Could this be a DC v8? Is that possible? Or just some serious love-vendor-my-ride shit?
Learned men in d house, over to you.

Cc: Gazzuzz

Sorry I couldn't take more pictures, make one military man no commot from one corner and arrange my face with better slap for taking pictures of his car.

Disgusting. He rate at which people abuse a matte black. He for kuku spray the whole mirrors, windows rear and front windscreen too. undecided undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
kingreign:

Disgusting. He rate at which people abuse a matte black. He for kuku spray the whole mirrors, windows rear and front windscreen too. undecided undecided

I concur Sir.

The car looks like a hearse already angry

I wonder what appeals to the 'aesthetic' senses of people who fancy painting their cars so.

But hey, our ideas of 'beautiful' differ from person to person. Plus, na the owner get hin car. He can paint it however he pleases.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 5:14am On Jul 09, 2016
nas00:

I concur Sir.

The car looks like a hearse already angry

I wonder what appeals to the 'aesthetic' senses of people who fancy painting their cars so.

But hey, our ideas of 'beautiful' differ from person to person. Plus, na the owner get hin car. He can paint it however he pleases.

Plz, make una leave the colour of that car and answer my questions. Like you rightly said, it's his choice.
I just want to know if you have seen an accord with 4 exhaust and what it has in d hood.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: remi4ever(m), tobiyclassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.