Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:33 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (879862 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Delafruita(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
luvinhubby:
Genuine ATF-DW1 has a lighter label background
i followed the advice on this thread and ordered for engine and transmission oil from you. Prior to this point, i have used oil npt recommended by manufacturer but i never had any problems with my cars. Then sometime ago my ford escape transmission packed which made me decide to start to stick with recommended oils.which is why i ordered the atf and engine oil from you for my usual routone maintenance. Unfortunately, my gear has started erratic shifting. The first gear change doesnt occur till rpm gets to 7000. You said i should have the solenoid switch checked which i did and nothong was wrong with them. I had it scanned as you said but there was no error code.

My engine also started emitting blue smoke after the engone oil chnage which had never happened before. Right now i dont even know what to do and honestly, i believe if i had stuck with what i was using, this might not have happened. Please if you have a solution, or if anyone else has a solution, i really need help. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
Delafruita:
i followed the advice on this thread and ordered for engine and transmission oil from you. Prior to this point, i have used oil npt recommended by manufacturer but i never had any problems with my cars. Then sometime ago my ford escape transmission packed which made me decide to start to stick with recommended oils.which is why i ordered the atf and engine oil from you for my usual routone maintenance. Unfortunately, my gear has started erratic shifting. The first gear change doesnt occur till rpm gets to 7000. You said i should have the solenoid switch checked which i did and nothong was wrong with them. I had it scanned as you said but there was no error code.

My engine also started emitting blue smoke after the engone oil chnage which had never happened before. Right now i dont even know what to do and honestly, i believe if i had stuck with what i was using, this might not have happened. Please if you have a solution, or if anyone else has a solution, i really need help. Thanks

before switching to "factory recommendations" I always ask clients What have you been using? And for how long have you used it? switching from 20w50 to 5 or 0w20 over night after using 20w50 for several years might render a functional (I said functional not good) engine useless.

Your issues with the white or blue smoke have nothing to do with the grade or quality of engine oil you bought, but the condition of your engine before the switch. There was a buildup of sludge in your engine which was protecting the piston oil rings from leaking oil into the combustion chamber, now you have use thin full synthetic engine oil, that has additives that will remove sludge from your engine if any. The result is what you currently have.

Solution: rebuild engine and continue to use good engine oils or replace engine, or pour 20w50 along with oil treatment and hopefully you will get some protective sludge to buy you some time.

Meanwhile on the gear issue what vehicle are we talking about?

Modified: look up this thread, it will give you greater insight into what happened to your engine.

https://www.nairaland.com/3337601/5-problems-due-longer-engine

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Delafruita(m): 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

before switching to "factory recommendations" I always ask clients What have you been using? And for how long have you used it? switching from 20w50 to 5 or 0w20 over night after using 20w50 for several years might render a functional (I said functional not good) engine useless.

Your issues with the white or blue smoke have nothing to do with the grade or quality of engine oil you bought, but the condition of your engine before the switch. There was a buildup of sludge in your engine which was protecting the piston oil rings from leaking oil into the combustion chamber, now you have use thin full synthetic engine oil, that has additives that will remove sludge from your engine if any. The result is what you currently have.

Solution: rebuild engine and continue to use good engine oils or replace engine, or pour 20w50 along with oil treatment and hopefully you will get some protective sludge to buy you some time.

Meanwhile on the gear issue what vehicle are we talking about?
accord 2003
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
Delafruita:
accord 2003

your location?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Delafruita(m): 7:18am On Sep 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

your location?
lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Delafruita:
lagos

for the gear problem if you have the time, bring it over to my workshop for a free scan/diagnosis/possible free repair if issue is minor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by connkg(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

your thermostat has not been removed it is still there but your thermistor pins have been shorted out, to make your fans spin all the time.

Thank you, Gazzuzz. I'll try to get a replacement part and update the house.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2016
Delafruita:
accord 2003

even factory specs oils have modifications for high mileage engine.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Delafruita(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

even factory specs oils have modifications for high mileage engine.
will mobil 1 0w40 be good enough?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
Delafruita:
will mobil 1 0w40 be good enough?

What have you been using and for how long? What is your "actual" vehicle mileage?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Delafruita(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

What have you been using and for how long? What is your "actual" vehicle mileage?
mileage is 137k. Previous oil is 20w50
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
Delafruita:
mileage is 137k. Previous oil is 20w50

stick with it before you open thread cheesy

OR

You can start by trying 0w40 and see how it goes, if there is no oil shortage or smoke, then try 5w30.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
nija80:
Oga gazzuzz sorry to derail your post.i serviced my acura mdx 2010 with Honda synthetic oil bought at 3500 per litre.but I sometimes hear this rattling noise when the car is hot.caa I change mobil 1.and which of these do you recommend. It's 5w to 20 that Honda recommend
Will like to hear from you soon
Thanks

problem might not be engine oil related.

Do you have the check engine light up?

If you do, look out for knock sensor codes.

It is also possible your catalyst is partially blocked.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by StObaino1(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
Pls house,
My Honda Accord 2003Ex was vibrating seriously... A mechanic reommended by my colleague in Apapa removed the front engine sit, and some other items which luvinhubby supplied me some good parts, the car still vibrates....

Now he says panel, engine weight or engine itself... funny enough if I put on AC vibration reduces...

Pls am not too cool with this guess works. I will really appreciate suggestions. thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by connkg(m): 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
connkg:

Thank you, Gazzuzz. I'll try to get a replacement part and update the house.

Thank you so much, Gazzuzz.
I showed my electrician (a.k.a. Kazeem) the pic Gazzuzz took, but he couldn't identify it at first. When he did, he "explained" to me that he modified/ shorted the circuit because I refused to run the fans directly by relay. This is why people kill other people.
Modifications that will cost him money, he won't do. Gazzuzz, do you train? I almost took a picture of him, but he's middle-aged.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
connkg:

Thank you so much, Gazzuzz.
I showed my electrician (a.k.a. Kazeem) the pic Gazzuzz took, but he couldn't identify it at first. When he did, he "explained" to me that he modified/ shorted the circuit because I refused to run the fans directly by relay. This is why people kill other people.
Modifications that will cost him money, he won't do. Gazzuzz, do you train? I almost took a picture of him, but he's middle-aged.

have you tested the system without the shorted wiring? Hope the fans run at the right temperature? If your answers are yes then congratulations.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by StObaino1(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2016
StObaino1:
Pls house,
My Honda Accord 2003Ex was vibrating seriously... A mechanic reommended by my colleague in Apapa removed the front engine sit, and some other items which luvinhubby supplied me some good parts, the car still vibrates....

Now he says panel, engine weight or engine itself... funny enough if I put on AC vibration reduces...

Pls am not too cool with this guess works. I will really appreciate suggestions. thanks.

pls someone advise me...
Gazzuzz, luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

stick with it before you open thread cheesy

OR

You can start by trying 0w40 and see how it goes, if there is no oil shortage or smoke, then try 5w30.
Mr GAZZUZZ, I notice my car vibrates when I start it and then stops after a few seconds or when I hit the gas.. I also notice I hear a guzzzz sound when I hit it gas of my car when it is not too warmed up..the sound is like the sound of fuel pumping.. I don't know what could be the cause.. For the sound.. Am thinking fuel pump maybe?. Then for the vibration after start.. Maybe.. Engine seating..??. Not sure cos the vibration dosent stay long and not all the time... Help..... Honda Babyboy 2000 v4 engine...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
StObaino1:

pls someone advise me...
Gazzuzz, luvinhubby

captainking:
Mr GAZZUZZ, I notice my car vibrates when I start it and then stops after a few seconds or when I hit the gas.. I also notice I hear a guzzzz sound when I hit it gas of my car when it is not too warmed up..the sound is like the sound of fuel pumping.. I don't know what could be the cause.. For the sound.. Am thinking fuel pump maybe?. Then for the vibration after start.. Maybe.. Engine seating..??. Not sure cos the vibration dosent stay long and not all the time... Help..... Honda Babyboy 2000 v4 engine...

you need to take you car to a workshop.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you need to take you car to a workshop.
Thanks. Would do that..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mofy(m): 9:43am On Sep 11, 2016
Goodday all please my Honda Accord uk model 2002 model steering beam and steering pump, is it advisable to work it. My muscles have increased now becuz to turn d steering it's lyk driving a 9/11. Even new isn't available mech says I should use baby boy own. I'm confused wat to do biko someone help. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
mofy:
Goodday all please my Honda Accord uk model 2002 model steering beam and steering pump, is it advisable to work it. My muscles have increased now becuz to turn d steering it's lyk driving a 9/11. Even new isn't available mech says I should use baby boy own. I'm confused wat to do biko someone help. Thanks

luvinhubby you will understand this post better
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Delafruita(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

for the gear problem if you have the time, bring it over to my workshop for a free scan/diagnosis/possible free repair if issue is minor
i would have taken you up on this offer but its a long drive from my end to yours. However, i had the solenoid switch changed and my transmission worked perfectly for a short while only to resume the same issue.

Then a friend who said hw once had a similar issue suggested i check the injector switches. Apparently, there is a switch connected to the injector that works with the transmission. I had it checked and it was detected that the switch was bad. I had to buy the complete injector mouth because they wouldnt sell just the switch.

The gear worked perfectly till this morning when it resumed the same issue. I have scanned multiple times without any transmission codes. The closest to it is a P2227 code

At least now i know the transmission is fine because i didnt have any issues with it after changing the solenoid switch and the injector mouth. So what could be causing the issue to recur
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
mofy:

The rack is not repairable, it's own is very expensive but you can replace it with 2002 accord V6 rack, that is far less expensive.

The pump is same as baby 4 cylinder & it is meaningless to repair as it it will not last long also the cost of repair can almost get another one.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by youngchamp: 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
my abs light on d dashboard is on and d car jerks when am slowing doown..is it d fault of d abs or gears?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
youngchamp:
my abs light on d dashboard is on and d car jerks when am slowing doown..is it d fault of d abs or gears?

Try tell us your car year and engine capacity.

And ABS light has nothing to do with your car jerking.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
youngchamp:

Have your mechanic check your abs sensors behind your tires (wheel axle) (I don't know the names it's called), its possible there's a disconnection.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tunneller: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
GAZZUZZ

Good day Sir.. Please do you know any good mechanic / auto centre in warri?

Thanks. Urgent.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
Weeks back, I realized the temperature was about reaching the max so I parked, checked the coolant level and noticed the reservoir and radiator were empty. The auto mechanic diagnosed a faulty switch controlling the fans that didn't work when the AC was switched off so the car over heated (meaning that the fan didn't work without the AC being on). That was fixed and the fans worked normal. Since then, I've had to fill up the coolant reservoir weekly as it is empty after 5 days of driving, coupled with a constant cracking noise from the fan-belt area making the vehicle sound rickety. It's a Honda Pilot 2006.
Advice/referral to a good mechanic needed in Abuja.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sultanemerald(m): 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Good Evening Bosses,

My Honda crv 2006 once I put on the AC it goes off after a while after seemingly firing itself in mild bursts.

I went for a scan and it showed advanced VTC error.

Please what is this VTC thing and whats the issue with the AC?

I googled it a bit I didn't see much.

Kindly help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
marleythomas:
Weeks back, I realized the temperature was about reaching the max so I parked, checked the coolant level and noticed the reservoir and radiator were empty. The auto mechanic diagnosed a faulty switch controlling the fans that didn't work when the AC was switched off so the car over heated (meaning that the fan didn't work without the AC being on). That was fixed and the fans worked normal. Since then, I've had to fill up the coolant reservoir weekly as it is empty after 5 days of driving, coupled with a constant cracking noise from the fan-belt area making the vehicle sound rickety. It's a Honda Pilot 2006.
Advice/referral to a good mechanic needed in Abuja.

cc kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Zainey338: 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (430) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.