Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888697 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2016
inze:

. . . location

surulere
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 12:22am On Oct 23, 2016
quabat:

surulere

. . . this is not far from Oyingbo, Luvinhubby (08029255299) can get you sorted out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
richnet:
Hello Gazzuz,

Please kindly Advice. I drive on Honda EOD 2004. A check engine came up and after scanning i got P0128.. Thermostats below temperature..

Please help me, what should i do about you.

GOD bless you sir.
Your thermostat has been removed or stuck open. You need to replace with a good one
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
inze:

. . . this is not far from Oyingbo, Luvinhubby (08029255299) can get you sorted out.

Seconded.

I have ordered two Honda Accord compressors from luvinghubby recently, at different times.

Good man.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayo47(m): 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
I Drive a DC and fuel consumption is on high side plus my car goes off whenever i open the fuel tank.

Responses highly appreciated
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by otunbakolawole(m): 6:40am On Oct 28, 2016
hello all,

my honda accord 2015 model drains my batteries. I got it late July, been away in august, battery that came with it died, got a new battery, that lasted only two weeks, thought its fake and all, got another, used the car thrice a week ever since, yesterday the new battery won't start, even with jump cables. took it to my mechanic, checked alternator, charging point, all seems fine, but obviously something is wrong. My Oga's what could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2016
otunbakolawole:
hello all,

my honda accord 2015 model drains my batteries. I got it late July, been away in august, battery that came with it died, got a new battery, that lasted only two weeks, thought its fake and all, got another, used the car thrice a week ever since, yesterday the new battery won't start, even with jump cables. took it to my mechanic, checked alternator, charging point, all seems fine, but obviously something is wrong. My Oga's what could be wrong?

No check engine light? Probably a parasitic draw by way of stuck relay or something else.

Are you handy? This is best done by yourself. Road side mechanics can do it at the detriment of doing something terrible. Watch YouTube videos on parasitic draw. Your problem is carrying out the repairs. Going to mechanics with your own instructions most times ends badly.

This generally how its done.
https://www.google.com/amp/m.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain%3Famp%3D1?client=ms-opera-mobile&espv=1

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by otunbakolawole(m): 11:59am On Oct 28, 2016
bros I hail! you good. found a penny in one of the cigarette lighters. Thank You.

adanny01:

No check engine light? Probably a parasitic draw by way of stuck relay or something else.

Are you handy? This is best done by yourself. Road side mechanics can do it at the detriment of doing something terrible. Watch YouTube videos on parasitic draw. Your problem is carrying out the repairs. Going to mechanics with your own instructions most times ends badly.

This generally how its done.
https://www.google.com/amp/m.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain%3Famp%3D1?client=ms-opera-mobile&espv=1

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
otunbakolawole:
bros I hail! you good. found a penny in one of the cigarette lighters. Thank You.

Good. Happy you found it. However, cigarette lighters don't work unless ignition is turned on, over night when usually the key is not in the car, the drain is not supposed to happen. For now, let's see if this find resolves your drain. If it doesn't, then we know where to look already.

I hope you've not disposed the other batteries, they are valuable.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Acceptance4(m): 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
Please everyone in the house good evening. Please my Acura TL 2004 is consuming fuel more than I can bear n it thru check light which I scan. The following was the result:
1)p0172 -powertrain system too rich (bank 1)
2)p0175- powertrain system too rich (bank 2)
3)p0453- powertrain evaporative emission control system pressure sensor high input..
The mechanic said that I have to replace my injectors and I don't seems to agree with that. Please what is the solution to this problem. I don't have money to through on part .thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:45am On Oct 31, 2016
Acceptance4:
Please everyone in the house good evening. Please my Acura TL 2004 is consuming fuel more than I can bear n it thru check light which I scan. The following was the result:
3)p0453- powertrain evaporative emission control system pressure sensor high input..
The mechanic said that I have to replace my injectors and I don't seems to agree with that. Please what is the solution to this problem. I don't have money to through on part .thanks

Your car is consuming way more fuel than it should, did you do any recent repairs or modification on the car?
If you're in Abuja, contact Mike 07034581213, if you're in Lagos, contact Gazzuzz 08023251039
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:50am On Oct 31, 2016
Acceptance4:

your mechanic is a clown. cheesy

From the results of your scan, your engine is feeding directly off the evap line. Most likely the valve is stuck open. Easy fix if you have a learned mechanic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Acceptance4(m): 7:17am On Oct 31, 2016
]your mechanic is a clown. cheesy
From the results of your scan, your engine is feeding directly off the evap line. Most likely the valve is stuck open. Easy fix if you have a learned mechanic
@gazzuz, what should I tell the mechanic to check or do. thanks for your respond and I stay in Abakaliki Ebonyi
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2016
Acceptance4:
]your mechanic is a clown. cheesy
@gazzuz, what should I tell the mechanic to check or do. thanks for your respond and I stay in Abakaliki Ebonyi

show him this, valve should not allow airflow unless when activated by engine ECU (+12v/-12v).

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2016
jboi08:
Hello Honda gurus,
I drive a V6 'end of discussion 05'
there is this suction sound I hear from the engine compartment whenever I press the brake pedal.
Note: brake fluid is full, brake pads are in good shape, changed bushens for the front arm on both sides.
The mechanic guessed that the noise is caused by a vibration, am sceptical about that.
Any suggestions please?
I experienced similar issue before, its only after changing master cylinder and brake booster that we figured out where the problem was: the internal valve in pipe that connect engine with brake booster!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2016
ColeworldMD:
totally agree. Total oil 20w-50 was used on my EOD but recommended is 5w-20. I want to change back to the recommended oil as I noticed the car feels dull & the steering stiff after the 20w-50 was used. Also can 20w-50 make steering stiff or it's due wrong power steering fluid?. Please what is your advice, how do I go about changing it to the recommended. Thanks boss
Cc: Gazzuzz, nas00, Kingreign, anneki
I have been using oando sl 20/50 since 2014 on my honda accord 2003 without any problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:56am On Oct 31, 2016
Eco2580:

I have been using oando sl 20/50 since 2014 on my honda accord 2003 without any problem.

Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by autotrader2: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
kingreign:

Congrats bro.
Eco2580:

grin

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2016
Eco2580:

Congrats from here too, Sir.

Though, 2 years is not quite a long time. The difference between an engine that feeds on synthetic and that which feeds on mineral shows with time. Say, 5-10 years at least.

That said, your maintenance and use schedule could also make a difference in the long term. So, permit me ask:

1) How frequently do you drain your engine oil?

2) How heavily do you use the car? (E.g. Frequent long distance travels, Use every single day and for considerable time everyday)

Cheers!‎
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 01, 2016
nas00:

Congrats from here too, Sir.

Though, 2 years is not quite a long time. The difference between an engine that feeds on synthetic and that which feeds on mineral shows with time. Say, 5-10 years at least.

That said, your maintenance and use schedule could also make a difference in the long term. So, permit me ask:

1) How frequently do you drain your engine oil?

2) How heavily do you use the car? (E.g. Frequent long distance travels, Use every single day and for considerable time everyday)

Cheers!‎

1. Arnd 3000km or 3 months (ot depend on usage)
2. For considerable time everyday i.e 20km to 60km daily.
Long distance journey occassionally.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2016
Gurus pls help me. My remote won't open or close my doors. I have changed the battery yet its not working. What can be the problem? It's a 2006 Honda accord.

Cc: inze
Luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
My newly acquired tokunbo accord 2003 lx ivtec 2.4 guzzle fuel; 130km per 20litres

after scanning we learned that it was o2 sensor on the catalytic conveter new one has been instled but still no improvement.
the following has been done;
1. new o2 sensor
2. new air filter
3. new spark plugs (NGK BK6E)
4. Cleaning injectors (they are in good sharp)
currently there is only one code (p0340 camshaft positionin sensor A)
the said Car run smoothly no any form of jerking or hesitation at startup, the temp is at almost half, fans only come when the engine is hot or ac on
the car only done 100k kilometres on odometer.

Oga Gazzuzz, Cardoctor, nas00, Acceptance4, Kingreign, Nobody, adanny01, other Car Gurus pls come to my rescue!

Nb:
no any modification done and the 4 tyres are factory recommended 205/65.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 5:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
Coolgent:
My newly acquired tokunbo accord 2003 lx ivtec 2.4 guzzle fuel; 130km per 20litres

after scanning we learned that it was o2 sensor on the catalytic conveter new one has been instled but still no improvement.
1. new o2 sensor
2. new air filter
the said Car run smoothly no any form of jerking or hesitation at startup, the temp is at almost half, fans only come when the engine is hot or ac on

Oga Gazzuzz, Cardoctor, nas00, Acceptance4, Kingreign, Nobody, adanny01, other Car Gurus pls come to my rescue!

Nb:

Solve the Camshaft position sensor A malfunction (P0340)

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
Coolgent:

1. new o2 sensor
2. new air filter

Nb:

LOL, Nobody means the member has deactivated his NL account.

With about 15.6mpg, its really terrible for any accord. Yours should be at worst 26mpg and at best 34mpg. Though your test method could be bad.

The code you have is very important to your engine running well. A search shows P0340 HONDA - Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' No Signal. Sensor A should specifically mean intake camshaft and I would assume B for exhaust camshaft.

No signal should either be
1. the connector is not plugged well
2. one of the sensor pin is broken or bent
3 wire is cut somewhere
4. Sensor is bad

I suggest you pull out the connector without pressing the release tab. If it comes out the it wasn't plugged well. If it does come out, press the tab and pull out. Inspect the wires and the pins inside the sensor for bending and breakage.

If every thing is fine so far, clear the code and drive to see if it returns. If it does then you have to use a multimeter to probe further.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
adanny01:

With about 15.6mpg, its really terrible for any accord. Yours should be at worst 26mpg and at best 34mpg. Though your test method could be bad.

The code you have is very important to your engine running well. A search shows P0340 HONDA - Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' No Signal. Sensor A should specifically mean intake camshaft and I would assume B for exhaust camshaft.

3 wire is cut somewhere
4. Sensor is bad

I suggest you pull out the connector without pressing the release tab. If it comes out the it wasn't plugged well. If it does come out, press the tab and pull out. Inspect the wires and the pins inside the sensor for bending and breakage.

If every thing is fine so far, clear the code and drive to see if it returns. If it does then you have to use a multimeter to probe further.

Thank u Sir grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
kingreign:

Solve the Camshaft position sensor A malfunction (P0340)
Thank u Sir

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
adanny01:

3 wire is cut somewhere
4. Sensor is bad

Gazzuzz, Cardoctor, nas00, Acceptance4, Kingreign, adanny01,
Thanks a lot for your immense contribution.
We figure out that the camshaft positioning code error has been rectified.
Now there is only one code P1157.
Please help as usual

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by frangaddy: 11:35am On Nov 03, 2016
Pls where can I scan my car in Benin.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
Please I drive a 2002 Honda odyssey. The head lamp is very poor. At night it is always difficult to use. Mere looking at the head lamp it look OK but poor at night. Electrician advised that I change the bulb to Belgium bulbs and I did. He did a construction using Nissan relay. Still no way. What do I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
MrBuzy:
Please I drive a 2002 Honda odyssey. The head lamp is very poor. At night it is always difficult to use. Mere looking at the head lamp it look OK but poor at night. Electrician advised that I change the bulb to Belgium bulbs and I did. He did a construction using Nissan relay. Still no way. What do I do?

Same thing with mine. You will put it on and instead of it to illuminate the road it will be flashing into the sky. It makes me avoid night driving

But if you come outside and observe the headlights they look Okay and that's what baffles me. I've put HID bulbs and tokumbo bulbs but lie lie. I don't know if there's a way to adjust the height of the beam via the headlamps themselves
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kengbeoro: 9:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
Please help out!
I drive a crv 2k but it guzzles 1ltr of PMS in 3km travel. What could be wrong because I have cleaned the injectors also using injectors cleaner, now I resolved to total fuel cleaner. Plugs are good as well.
Secondly, my gear does not shift seamlessly from 2-3 and 3-4 . you will hear a noisy engine as if you raise the engine(a typical experience on standard/manual shift when accelerator is pressed while in gear without depressing the clutch pedal) and the rpm deflects to a high value say 3000 before the gear upshifts. It kind of reduce to almost zero after driving for a log time say 4 hours. What can it be. Must o change gear? I have emptied the gear fluid twice and topped with new fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 9:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
The direction of the beam can be adjusted....get a competent rewire to fix it for you or learn from the video below. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1HZWw-MpZE

Conner44:

Same thing with mine. You will put it on and instead of it to illuminate the road it will be flashing into the sky. It makes me avoid night driving

But if you come outside and observe the headlights they look Okay and that's what baffles me. I've put HID bulbs and tokumbo bulbs but lie lie. I don't know if there's a way to adjust the height of the beam via the headlamps themselves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.