Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? (3314 Views)

She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? / 7 Things You Should Be Telling Her Other Than ''I Love You'' / Naija Girls Says Nothing Wrong In Having More Than one Boyfriend... SHOCKING!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 11:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
I am contemplating settling down.
Settling down not as a husband but as a FATHER.

Ladies how will you react if a man tells you "I really love you dearly and care for you but I will rather prefer you to be the mother of my child rather than being a wife. I know you will be a good mum to my kid but not sure if you will be that perfect wife to me"

These are the words I want to tell her tomorrow over dinner.

If I sound okay, I will go ahead. But if you guys think otherwise, they I will chill out. Afterall I won't want her to go and slap me in public.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by tobechi74: 12:59am On Jul 22, 2012
So she wil be a baby making machine leaving in anoda hause and mothering ur kid why u wil continue patroling as a bachelor

u wil meet anoda gal and say I THINK U ARE NOT SUITABLE AS THE MOTHER OF MY CHILDREN BUT AS MY REGULAR SEX MATE.....

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by slimyem: 1:02am On Jul 22, 2012
The one thing that might save you is if she wants the same thing as you!
Even if i'd like to browse that option,i wouldn't welcome it thrown at my face by any man..
Good thing you expecting a slap though...
Chances are you'll get it or something almost equivalent!
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Rocktation(f): 1:40am On Jul 22, 2012
slimyem:

You mirrored my mind!
AcidTalk, you think that you're in America, abi? cheesy Na slap sure pass oo.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 4:03am On Jul 22, 2012
tobechi74: So she wil be a baby making machine leaving in anoda hause and mothering ur kid why u wil continue patroling as a bachelor

u wil meet anoda gal and say I THINK U ARE NOT SUITABLE AS THE MOTHER OF MY CHILDREN BUT AS MY REGULAR SEX MATE.....

No joh!
I am not that hor*ny.
I just need someone I can trust enough to be a lovely and potively strict mother to my children. Nothing more.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 4:05am On Jul 22, 2012
Rocktation:

You mirrored my mind!
AcidTalk, you think that you're in America, abi? cheesy Na slap sure pass oo.

Please advice me the best way to put it to her. I am bad at pretending or beating around the bush.
I try to be as open and sincere to everyone. I wouldn't want to raise marriage hopes knowing I won't marry her. That will be wickedness on my path.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 4:09am On Jul 22, 2012
slimyem: The one thing that might save you is if she wants the same thing as you!
Even if i'd like to browse that option,i wouldn't welcome it thrown at my face by any man..

I once met on lovely lady who we both agreed that was the best path to take.

Though 5years older but I knew she was would be the best mother for my kid (children). I was very sceptical on the marriage path bearing in mind she was a divorcee.

So sad things didn't just happen that way.
Like they say; God knows best.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by dealordea(m): 5:28am On Jul 22, 2012
Acidic, that was hilarious because have been contemplating about this when I clock my 20s, with a lot of drama folding up in marriage nowadays, one wish a man will like is status to be is a single parent, I know a lot of ladies will disagree to that, this shouldn't be so but we have to logical and only a few ladies think out of the box when it comes to relationship.. Bro, I prefer going for the older ladies because they are complex about relationship life style... They are not always on the desperate side but rather go out all for fun which both parties tend to enjoy.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by IZUKWU(m): 7:06am On Jul 22, 2012
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Mynd44: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2012
I have the perfect solution. Adopt a kid and give the kid to your mum to raise.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
Mynd_44: I have the perfect solution. Adopt a kid and give the kid to your mum to raise.

Can you remember " If e no be Panadol e no fit be like Panadol". Yes! "If its not my child it can't be like my child".
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
deal_ordea: Acidic, that was hilarious because have been contemplating about this when I clock my 20s, with a lot of drama folding up in marriage nowadays, one wish a man will like is status to be is a single parent, I know a lot of ladies will disagree to that, this shouldn't be so but we have to logical and only a few ladies think out of the box when it comes to relationship.. Bro, I prefer going for the older ladies because they are complex about relationship life style... They are not always on the desperate side but rather go out all for fun which both parties tend to enjoy.

Would have gone that lane a few years back but people kept on advicing against it. I think my mind is almost made up on this issue now.

How long will I continue to wait for mrs perfect when I can have my "perfect babay" from a non perfect woman for even half the price (of marriage).
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:

Would have gone that lane a few years back but people kept on advicing against it. I think my mind is almost made up on this issue now.

How long will I continue to wait for mrs perfect when I can have my "perfect babay" from a non perfect woman for even half the price (of marriage).
U'll be bck wiv "I messed up...Nairalanders pls help" dumb move bro!
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:
U'll be bck wiv "I messed up...Nairalanders pls help" dumb move bro!

So many men who took that path, both intentional and unintentionally usually never regretted it at the long run.

What's the essence of waiting for the right woman when ones' peers are almost grandfathers?

w
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by posh9ky(f): 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
Dat a serious issue 2 discuss with a lady who place marriage above just having a kid, u'v bin seeing dis lady 4 sumtym (I guess) and u shd b able 2 tell if she's d kinda person dat will agree 2 aving a baby without attaching anytin 2 it. Not every1 (men and women) fancy marriage... D best way 2 say such is nt on a dinner date bt a place wit less p'ple (cld even b ur place), do not trow it 2 her directly rather playfully and c what her reaction wld b... U can take it futher if she shares same idea with u.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2012
posh9ky: Dat a serious issue 2 discuss with a lady who place marriage above just having a kid, u'v bin seeing dis lady 4 sumtym (I guess) and u shd b able 2 tell if she's d kinda person dat will agree 2 aving a baby without attaching anytin 2 it. Not every1 (men and women) fancy marriage... D best way 2 say such is nt on a dinner date bt a place wit less p'ple (cld even b ur place), do not trow it 2 her directly rather playfully and c what her reaction wld b... U can take it futher if she shares same idea with u.

Thanks a million for this.
I didn't want to tell her at my place so she wouldn't go wild and smash my tv or destroy anything (just kidding. She isn't violent).

I am not throwing the child option directly to her as you have said, but the truth is some people never really know how serious one is until you throw the question direct in a serious light.

Thanks once again for the advice.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by posh9ky(f): 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
Not all questions needs 2 b ask directly, it a sensitive 1 if u ask me and finding out 1st indirectly wld b best 4 u. One way or d other u will know if she shares ur idea. Best of luck.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
posh9ky: Not all questions needs 2 b ask directly, it a sensitive 1 if u ask me and finding out 1st indirectly wld b best 4 u. One way or d other u will know if she shares ur idea. Best of luck.
thanks dear.

Lots of wisdom in your contribution.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by bodejohn(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
@ OP,
Which one is more critical for you, having a baby with an imperfect woman or getting married to an imperfect lady? I really do not know what you are looking for since you know human beings are imperfect. You like the title of a father and want to dodge the responsibilities of a married man. Even ordinary friendship requires some tolerance.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by MMM2(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
Op
Tell her anything u want na u get ur mouth & na why GOD give u mouth, 2 talk.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Tedpgrass: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
Continuing from where BodeJohn left off.

If u want a baby so badly, join one of the several online fora where u can get a woman to be ur surrogate. Contract is drawn up from day1... so all parties have a fair idea of what they are getting into.

Depending on this current chicks desperation to settle, she may surprisingly say yes to the idea with the hopes that things may develop from there. In the event of 'no progress", yawa don gas be that !!!! Then it becomes child custody battle just for her to keep a hold on u.

Bro....... u dont want that kind of s....it round u.
And how many of these 'mamas", do u intend to keep. Chances are after 1 or mistakenly 2: no chick worth her salt will want to keep the factory open. Rather look elsewhere for a berra client.

Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
Acid is a controversial/complex/confused guy.. He knows it all. And i kinda of think he opened this thread to tease u guys not me.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
bennyraz: Acid is a controversial/complex/confused guy.. He knows it all. And i kinda of think he opened this thread to tease u guys not me.
I guess annoiting Sunday helped ur brain today.

Well said!
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Mynd44: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:

Can you remember " If e no be Panadol e no fit be like Panadol". Yes! "If its not my child it can't be like my child".
Then I am sorry my friend, there is noting I can do
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
bennyraz: Acid is a controversial/complex/confused guy.. He knows it all. And i kinda of think he opened this thread to tease u guys not me.

If i need advice and you cant offer one, must you try to insult me?
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:
I guess annoiting Sunday helped ur brain today.

Well said!

what are you insinuating?
Are you indirectly insulting me?
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
Then I am sorry my friend, there is noting I can do

But it doesnt make sense taking care of someone elses' child when i can have mine
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:

what are you insinuating?
Are you indirectly insulting me?
Wot u drinking? I quote bennny not u! Duhhhhhh... undecided
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Wot u drinking? I quote bennny not u! Duhhhhhh... undecided

i Know. but you seconded to benny's insult of my personality.
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Mynd44: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:

But it doesnt make sense taking care of someone elses' child when i can have mine
Just because you are not the father foes not mean you can't be the dad
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:

i Know. but you seconded to benny's insult of my personality.
Na crime? undecided
Re: Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? by acidtalk: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Na crime? undecided

kilomode mo?
dont worry. go forth and sin no more.
i have forgiven you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Naija Babes Feeling Like Self / 6 Things Girls Notice In Guys / 8 Bedroom Tips Girls Secretly Want A Guy To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.