Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? (4036 Views)

Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose? / When You Are A Grown Up Man Still Using The Word 'bae' Lol See (photo) / I'm Dating My Friend's Sister But He Doesn't Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by acidtalk: 4:30am On Jul 22, 2012
Must money exchange hands on several occasions before a lady start to open her heart for a guy?

I keep hearing a lady say things like;

*If you love me then buy the phone for me.

*To prove you really love me, take me along with you on that trip.

*If you really care for me then send the flight ticket and so many others.

When I was younger, I used to be 'too' nice to both boys and girls. No one came to me with a problem and leaving without being half solved. This happened until my University days when a fellow course mate made a statement. She said "if you don't have money for lunch or transport to return home, always go and ask acidtalk". I felt most ashamed and considered myself as "father christmas.

Now the thing is, I still give though but seperates necessity from generousity as I have discovered people will also look at you as a weakling even though he just genuinely feel for their "sorry state".

My question is; Can a man still get loved even when he does spend? Or is love basically won by finances?
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by tpia5: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2012
if the man doesnt have money nko?

what happens then.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 22, 2012
0AZWSNEGWRF

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by luke4top: 6:03am On Jul 22, 2012
It is possible, but in the long run, if these dont change fast enough for the lady, sorry oh ... You the ladyu say, na LOVE i go chop? Am facing one now, and am about to give up cos no be me be baba God, some ladies cant just wait for God's timing, they want u to work with there time!
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by InkedNerd(f): 6:18am On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk: Must money exchange hands on several occasions before a lady start to open her heart for a guy?

When I was younger, I used to be 'too' nice to both boys and girls. No one came to me with a problem and leaving without being half solved. This happened until my University days when a fellow course mate made a statement. She said "if you don't have money for lunch or transport to return home, always go and ask acidtalk". I felt most ashamed and considered myself as "father christmas.

Now the thing is, I still give though but seperates necessity from generousity as I have discovered people will also look at you as a weakling even though he just genuinely feel for their "sorry state".

My question is; Can a man still get loved even when he does spend? Or is love basically won by finances?

Yes, a man can still be loved if he doesn't spend. I have met guys who have been quite generous when it came to their finances but because of my feelings towards a guy spending money on me, I tend to shy away from things like that. When I was in high school, I used to spend money on my best friend all the time [my best friend is a guy by the way]--everything from going out to eat, buying him clothes, or paying for him to take his SAT and ACT. For me, at that time I never saw it as an issue and neither did he. It was always understood that my generosity towards him was based on love [like a brother and sister]. At this point, you're probably wondering what the hell does me spending money on my best friend have to do with this? My point is, I was raised with the idea that I didn't need s guy to constantly pay for things for me. Yes, I understand that I am very much a part of a culture that teaches men that one of many ways to show care or affection for a woman is to "shower" her with items of generosity but having a guy "shower" me with gifts isn't a bad thing but I do like the idea of being able to take care of myself. As a whole, it usually takes me a while before I can actually accept something from a guy. It's something that I tend to put off for quite a while or at least till that person and I have established a solid relationship.

For me, love isn't won by finances rather it is won by the character of the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 22, 2012
I'm always confused when i see things like the below on Nairaland What girls do you surround yourselves with 4 Christ sake?! Like seriously who talks like this in real life?
acidtalk:

See d yeye question sef??......... How much do you even have to spend sef,..........
stop following chewing gum girls up and down!
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by GreenJ(m): 7:25am On Jul 22, 2012
@OP try run a test and see, appear like a popper 4 a month approach a certain no of ladies,
then the next month like a bigger boy you can even rent a car and approach the same no also
make sure they are of different status then you will know better.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by 195(f): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2012
GreenJ: @OP try run a test and see, appear like a popper 4 a month approach a certain no of ladies,
then the next month like a bigger boy you can even rent a car and approach the same no also
make sure they are of different status then you will know better.

True _ I did that and it back fired
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by slimyem: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2012
Shollypopz: I'm always confused when i see things like the below on Nairaland What girls do you surround yourselves with 4 Christ sake?! Like seriously who talks like this in real life?

See d yeye question sef??.........
sholly,i tire o...
These Nl guys makes me wonder if the girls around them are not the same we live in the world with.
Bad-mouthing and exaggerating just cuz they need to start a thread on Nl.
Mister acid,yes,you can be loved without spending....if you know how to balance around other things...and have qualities that compensate for your 'not spending'
Just make sure its not obvious you are deliberately not spending and don't drag it on for too long.
Yes,such women exist....who'll love just just for who you arenot what you are!
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by cog1: 8:53am On Jul 22, 2012
@slimyem and shollypopz,I quite agree
With you,like you took the words out
Of my mouth!
Decent girls who don't want to know
the figures around you abound and all
They usually want in return is to be
Treated right.
Blessed day.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Mynd44: 9:10am On Jul 22, 2012
@OP, stop chasing after broke and sill girls who think just because you are dating her, you have turned to her father. Real women don't care about money
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by acidtalk: 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2012
@Inked_Nerd,

Gurls like you are 1 in 1,000.
I will say if not because I have sisters with your kind of traits, I will almost conclude all girls are after what they can get from a man before opening up their hearts.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
The kind of questions humans ask. . .
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Mynd44: 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
sexkillz: The kind of questions humans ask. . .
How are you sure they are even human
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by acidtalk: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
sexkillz: The kind of questions humans ask. . .

Dude return to your cage and stay off my thread.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:

Dude return to your cage and stay off my thread.
Only people in cages ask these kind of questions. . . No offence!
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by acidtalk: 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
sexkillz:
Only people in cages ask these kind of questions. . . No offence!
i don hear.
Can you now step away from the thread?
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:
i don hear.
Can you now step away from the thread?
Good you acknowledged. . . And oh, i am everywhere! wink
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by acidtalk: 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2012
sexkillz:
Good you acknowledged. . . And oh, i am everywhere! wink

I hope you will also be there the day my trigger is accidentally pulled?
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:

I hope you will also be there the day my trigger is accidentally pulled?
Not if i pull mine first. . .
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Mynd44: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
Acid has an e-gun? Is that not against the constitution of Nairaland?
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Mynd44: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
sexkillz:
You hand an e-gun too? I have to get me one then
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by acidtalk: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
sexkillz:

dem send you come?
please take your annual leave to the jungle. your leave is well overdue for this year.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Wislet(f): 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk: Must money exchange hands on several occasions before a lady start to open her heart for a guy?

I wonder when some pieces of paper started to determine something as serious as Love?
Anyone that 'Loves' another just because he/she saw another with enough/comfortable financial means is the greatest self-deceiver.

Run away from such.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Wislet(f): 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
Mynd_44: @OP, stop chasing after broke and sill girls who think just because you are dating her, you have turned to her father. Real women don't care about money
oh! They do care. They are just not crazy about it.

No man has any right to call a girl greedy/undeserving if she's concerned about his finances. Because even the Bible says, a man that cannot feed his family is worse than an infidel. So, NO man should have any excuse not to work hard.

Where it becomes bad is when the 'love' is stimulated by financial buoyancy, and not by sincere love.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by GreenJ(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
Wislet: oh! They do care. They are just not crazy about it.

No man has any right to call a girl greedy/undeserving if she's concerned about his finances. Because even the Bible says, a man that cannot feed his family is worse than an infidel. So, NO man should have any excuse not to work hard.

Where it becomes bad is when the 'love' is stimulated by financial buoyancy, and not by sincere love.

Thanks for typing and sending the fact.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
Well if you are loved for how you spend it's really not love now is it?
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Mynd44: 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2012

Caring about his finances and making sure he can provide is different from trying to run the poor guy aground with silly demands
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
sosoluv: Money is important in a relationship, but only when it comes to certain aspects. If a girl reuqires u to buy her a phone simply becos its the latest iphone or BB,pay her house rent whilst she is using her money to buy clothes,then she is jus in it for money. In a cases where a woman needs money cause its for a worthy course e.g. To buy food in ur house or equipment to keep the house clean or a dress to an evening event your company will be having I guess that can be understandable.

sista, there are NO worthy cause...the ONLY worthy cause is because you decided that you wanted to give it to her, BECAUSE SHE DESERVED IT. all them other excuse are garbage!

- if she asks for a phone, give her your old Nokia 3210.
- if she asks for rent, ask her if her father is homeless/dead.
- if SHE wants to cook for you in your house then SHE buys the food, or settles herself with the food that is already there.
- if you have been able to clean your house before you met her, then she clearly can do the same with what is already there.
- if she doesnt have a dress to wear to an upscale event, then either DONT invite her, or let her wear something she already has.

none of these point are "understandable" as you stated.

i can see many reason why i would call a "girl" greedy or undeserving......pls sista, dont misunderstand the words in the bible about MARRIAGE, and comparing them with how to act around some "girl" that is not even your wife.

asking for craziness like phone etc has nothing to do with financial buoyancy, but all to do with greed. if a lady wants to know how financially buoyant we are, she should simply ask for our banks statement and payslip, duh!
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by acidtalk: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2012

When i was just about to propose to you.
I will need to go into 60days dry fasting and prayers first.
you might just run me aground if i dont hold my pocket really tight.

Nice contribution though. Your head dey there.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Tomoria(f): 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
Yes oh.. Ofc, some girls are just hustlers. But for me, if I truly like the guy it's not because of his money. The fact that a guy offers to pay for me is charming and all, but I like paying for myself sometimes. A grown woman shouldn't ONLY depend on her man taking care of her. That's rubbish IMO.
Re: Can A Man Still Get Loved Even If He Doesn't Spend? by Mcleo007(m): 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
Shollypopz: I'm always confused when i see things like the below on Nairaland What girls do you surround yourselves with 4 Christ sake?! Like seriously who talks like this in real life?

See d yeye question sef??......... How much do you even have to spend sef,..........
stop following chewing gum girls up and down!

Aptly said! Only cheap and worthless girls do to the commands as posted by the op. A clean-cut lady knows what to expect from a man she's dating. But then, so very few ladies fall into this bracket.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21 Mistakes Single Ladies Make!!! / Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? / Females If He Would'nt Propose.... Ask Him These Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.