Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Corrections Men Hate From Women! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Corrections Men Hate From Women! (13176 Views)

Men Hate Woman’s Body / Why Do Men Hate Platonic Relationship? / What Men Hate After They Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Ninapha(f): 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Why do men hate corrections from women especially table manners. My hubby holds spoon in a very disgusting way and would never take any correction wether classic or rudimentary. My younger brother too talks while eating and would tell the wife he is the only one allowed to talk and eat so no corrections. Ladies, have u encountered this and men why are you sweeties like this.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
here is what many may think after you tell them this:
- for 20/30 som' yrs, i ate this way, and here is this woman telling me that it is wrong? she dey craze?!
- table manners?! am i competing in the "table manners olympic"......expecting good marks and shiit?! she dey craze?!
- so when we were dating, engaged or even the day before marriage, she didnt see (or had any problem) that i was eating like that? you dey craze?!
- when i eat, the aim is to get the food in my stomach....mission accomplished!!! she dey craze?!
- if my eating habits disturb you that much, why dont you focus on your plate and stop looking at me instead? you dey craze?!
- so long as i do my duties as a good husband/father in this home, then who cares how i eat? you dey craze?!
- well funny that you should say that as i was wondering why YOU didnt hold your spoon the "great" way I did. is there something wrong with YOU?

LOL!!!!

many people hate such corrections because they have a difficulty accepting that they have been doing something wrong all their lives....while thinking all was great. also many really dont care about such issue and dont think they should change.

31 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by MissyB3(f): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2012
It's not like women are genetically programmed to welcome corrections!
Only a few are good at admitting to being in the wrong, and consequently, accept correction. Keep correcting, devise diverse methods.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by braveheart2012(m): 1:32am On Jul 23, 2012
It all depends on how the correction is done. Men have big egos and even if they know the woman is right, they will resist most attempts at correction (especially correction that's done publicly or rudely). Just make your corrections with love, indirectly or in private. They'll get the message and change (and then pretend that they changed on their own volition).

2 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Ninapha(f): 6:05am On Jul 23, 2012
I couldn't laugh enough @Mrbrownjays. 'u dey craze' sermon. Honestly u are on point. Its more like why now question.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Ninapha(f): 7:46am On Jul 23, 2012
braveheart2012: It all depends on how the correction is done. Men have big egos and even if they know the woman is right, they will resist most attempts at correction (especially correction that's done publicly or rudely). Just make your corrections with love, indirectly or in private. They'll get the message and change (and then pretend that they changed on their own volition).
. U are right in d ego thing. But i realise he is not doing d right thing. Most pple wit dis attitude find it difficult eatn outside. As per correcting in love, we normally make fun of d whole thing though. Most times he would ask me, madam table manners. Is this how to hold spoon in sharaton? Abeg i dey my house joor. And we laugh over it. He is comfortable holdn it like shovel:p
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by sucezTP(f): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2012
braveheart2012: It all depends on how the correction is done. Men have big egos and even if they know the woman is right, they will resist most attempts at correction (especially correction that's done publicly or rudely). Just make your corrections with love, indirectly or in private. They'll get the message and change (and then pretend that they changed on their own volition).

You are right!
Its not only men that have ego, even women...
We just have to learn from each other by using different tactics because no one is perfect..
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2012
tongue
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Afam4eva(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2012
Ninapha: Why do men hate corrections from women especially table manners. My hubby holds spoon in a very disgusting way and would never take any correction wether classic or rudimentary. My younger brother too talks while eating and would tell the wife he is the only one allowed to talk and eat so no corrections. Ladies, have u encountered this and men why are you sweeties like this.
It's like you want to divorce your husband because of the way he holds a spoon why eating. Is it your business? You women will be looking for trouble where there is none. When yawa gas now, you will tun to Nairaland to pour out your troublesome mind.

4 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by megxo(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY: here is what many may think after you tell them this:
- for 20/30 som' yrs, i ate this way, and here is this woman telling me that it is wrong? she dey craze?!
- table manners?! am i competing in the "table manners olympic"......expecting good marks and shiit?! she dey craze?!
- so when we were dating, engaged or even the day before marriage, she didnt see (or had any problem) that i was eating like that? you dey craze?!
- when i eat, the aim is to get the food in my stomach....mission accomplished!!! she dey craze?!
- if my eating habits disturb you that much, why dont you focus on your plate and stop looking at me instead? you dey craze?!
- so long as i do my duties as a good husband/father in this home, then who cares how i eat? you dey craze?!
- well funny that you should say that as i was wondering why YOU didnt hold your spoon the "great" way I did. is there something wrong with YOU?

LOL!!!!

many people ate such corrections because they have a difficulty accepting that they have been doing something wrong all their lives....while thinking all was great. also many really dont care about such issue and dont think they should change.
e be lyk say she don dey MADT!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2012
[/b][b]
Ninapha: . U are right in d ego thing. But i realise he is not doing d right thing. Most pple wit dis attitude find it difficult eatn outside. As per correcting in love, we normally make fun of d whole thing though. Most times he would ask me, madam table manners. Is this how to hold spoon in sharaton? Abeg i dey my house joor. And we laugh over it. He is comfortable holdn it like shovel:p
holdn it like shovel. Lol
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Maxdiamond(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2012
Its not bad for a woman 2 correct her man but wen she does it 2 much, always &often,its become irritating 2 d man and d man get angry & will never wanted 2 take any correction frm d woman any mo whether it is d right correction or nt.But some women are always fond of dis.they always want 2 do "i 2 kw" and "i 2 sabi". So ladies in d house,b warned!

2 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2012
I experience d same thing.last week my fiancee asked me y i accepted a friend request of someone he doesnt want me to talk to and i told him,am sorry,i forgot u asked me not to accept his friend request moreover it was over one yr ago dat he told me dat,and unfortunatly he didnt believe me he just said indeed and hung up on me,i called him back pointing his error to him dat he xalled me accusoin me of somtin which am guilty of and @ d same time judging me without even givin me a benefit of doubt to explain myself.@ least there is a reason 4 every action (forgetfullness inclusive) eventually he got offended and started actin up.he didnt talk to me for like 4 days,i called him to ask him y he has been acting up and he said i shoved d main issue dat caused our mini brawl under d carpet and started shouting and nagging.i felt so furious and frustrated,i just had to give up for d sake of peace. Now my question is :does it mean we ladies cannot correct our men when we feel dey av done somtin we are not happy with and find uncomfortable.should we always keep quiet when we find somethings dat are offensive our men do.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2012
4 d sake of peace.3rdly how should we correct dem so dat dey dont get offended because i corrected my man privately,yet he got offended
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by freecocoa(f): 9:52am On Jul 23, 2012
MBJ you no go kill me with laugh o. grin grin grin

@Topic, i too wonder why its such a big deal for them but i don't even bother my pretty head trying to correct no more, especially since they are just little things that can be easily ignored.

2 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Yahoo1(m): 9:53am On Jul 23, 2012
Whats d point?...no one is perfect...u correct him,and he corrects yu,but a lot of women think they are perfect! Table manners? If oyibo do we do,must we copy?,some even eat on d floor...my point is; if a woman thinks u r not eating the right way,u shuld shun her,she has no right to do that...the next thin she will be saying is; my dear,you are not doing it in the right way,when you two are having sex.

1 Like

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Pakavy(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2012
Ninapha: Why do men hate corrections from women especially table manners. My hubby holds spoon in a very disgusting way and would never take any correction wether classic or rudimentary. My younger brother too talks while eating and would tell the wife he is the only one allowed to talk and eat so no corrections. Ladies, have u encountered this and men why are you sweeties like this.
old habits die hard my sister.learn 2 ovalook his clumzines wit d cutlery.by d way hav u tried feeding him urself.ur own is even better compared 2 my late dad who after topping a combination of garlic,ginger in lime water 2 his dinner releases d fumes on d dining table.lord even my kidsis hates dat.bt hw we wan do nah

3 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by nagoma(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2012
True story.

I met an admirable young lady, a marriage material I thought . She also seemed really interested. A few days passed . First outing was lunch in a specific restaurant we both knew. But when driving there she kept directing the way and said that I was following a complicated way. She criticized my driving telling me when to slow down and when to speed up etc . Any way we had the lunch ( lukewarm and polite) , I gave a few excuses when she called again. I knew there was no way I could live with that very pretty lady. She stopped calling after a few weeks.

4 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by JojoArmani(m): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva:
It's like you want to divorce your husband because of the way he holds a spoon why eating. Is it your business? You women will be looking for trouble where there is none. When yawa gas now, you will tun to Nairaland to pour out your troublesome mind.
you re out of point. She neva said dat.

3 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by showreals(m): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2012

That got me laffing
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by klairekk: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2012
nagoma: True story.

I met an admirable young lady, a marriage material I thought . She also seemed really interested. A few days passed . First outing was lunch in a specific restaurant we both knew. But when driving there she kept directing the way and said that I was following a complicated way. She criticized my driving telling me when to slow down and when to speed up etc . Any way we had the lunch ( lukewarm and polite) , I gave a few excuses when she called again. I knew there was no way I could live with that very pretty lady. She stopped calling after a few weeks.

Dats nt cool..abi u no b sharp guy?....if u truly luvd her guess talkin to ha wld av being great....morover relationship is suppose to b a platform for learnin.....

Women r lyk clay, U cn mould 'em ur way...dat part I enjoy...learnt u cnt get a girl dats 100%...haha...is this true?

4 Likes

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by ChiefPriest2: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2012
bu ha ha ha. Girlz are unbelievable
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by cardoso111(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2012
Honestly speaking Table manners for who?is he a baby?has he complained about the food not done on time?quality?methinks women are just finding trouble when God is blessing u!suppose he takes to eating with the hands!?!
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2012
It`s our EGO. grin
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by IbnTimothy: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2012

why do women always like to turn themselves into the hubby's mother when they are getting tired of the marriage?
If I want a mother, I sure would have proposed to my mother instead ....

....I think discovering how 'disgusting' your husbands eating manners are is a sign that you are getting tired of him. Or maybe you are comparing him with you (admired) boss.

Maybe you should just go ahead and have a fling with that other guy and stop vexing your frustration on your sudenly 'disgusting' husband.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by IbnTimothy: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2012
kulyie: I experience d same thing.last week my fiancee asked me y i accepted a friend request of someone he doesnt want me to talk to and i told him,am sorry,i forgot u asked me not to accept his friend request moreover it was over one yr ago dat he told me dat,and unfortunatly he didnt believe me he just said indeed and hung up on me,i called him back pointing his error to him dat he xalled me accusoin me of somtin which am guilty of and @ d same time judging me without even givin me a benefit of doubt to explain myself.@ least there is a reason 4 every action (forgetfullness inclusive) eventually he got offended and started actin up.he didnt talk to me for like 4 days,i called him to ask him y he has been acting up and he said i shoved d main issue dat caused our mini brawl under d carpet and started shouting and nagging.i felt so furious and frustrated,i just had to give up for d sake of peace. Now my question is :does it mean we ladies cannot correct our men when we feel dey av done somtin we are not happy with and find uncomfortable.should we always keep quiet when we find somethings dat are offensive our men do.

Madam,
No man on earth will be confortable with you adding your ex on any social media, except the low self esteemed onces with a false sense of security.... or better still, the one just having a fling with you and don't really care who else you flirt with.

..... I think you need corrections more than him

1 Like

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Gen2jaynee: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva:
park well joor,,did she tell you she z wnts trouble?Amebo

1 Like

Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Gen2jaynee: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva:
park well joor,,did she tell you she wnts trouble?Amebo
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Oluwadare: 11:06am On Jul 23, 2012
Pls can somebody tell me what's "TABLE-MANNER"? been surfing my dictionary to no avail, until then i reserved my stance.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by ocelot2006(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2012
IbnTimothy:

why do women always like to turn themselves into the hubby's mother when they are getting tired of the marriage?
If I want a mother, I sure would have proposed to my mother instead ....

....I think discovering how 'disgusting' your husbands eating manners are is a sign that you are getting tired of him. Or maybe you are comparing him with you (admired) boss.

Maybe you should just go ahead and have a fling with that other guy and stop vexing your frustration on your sudenly 'disgusting' husband.

So true bruv. I noticed the very same thing with my wife days after we got married. She kept acting like my mother. That stopped when I asked her if I married a mother or a wife. She did not like the look on my face.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Shinatu: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2012
If you try to correct him and it is becoming a problem, please it is not worth the wahala, just make sure the two of you do not attend all those dinners/functions at your office. The shame may be too much for you to bear and if you do not handle it well may affect your marriage.

Let him be, but control how much impact it can have on your life.
Re: Corrections Men Hate From Women! by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2012
Women, you guys make mountains off minor issues that are irrelevant in entire scheme of things. Do you women know that the time you are teaching a man table manners, he is actually thinking of how to raise money to buy a new house or how to handle bills ? What is the business of a man with knowing how oyibo wants fork to be held while transporting food from plate to the mouth ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Divorces Her Husband Of 25 Years For Turning Her Into A Punching Bag / Woman Loses Triplets Over N4,000 Medication Fee / What Do You Do When Your Husband Refuse To Pick Your Call Anytime He Is In D Clu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.