Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1262166 members, 1709935 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 October 2014 at 03:28 PM

Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? (10504 Views)

Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / what do you think of Low Cuts on women? / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by pleep(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2012
kandiikane: Whatever it maybe, whether the bible was written for white people or not, that is not the case. A woman's hair must be on point. There is no point making up your face when your hair looks like you shyt.

I don't know which girls you hang around with but if you have good weave you can still sweat and exercise without ruining it.
I dont know many girls personally who wear weaves, but i see it alot.

btw i didnt say it was written for white people, just about them. wink
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by kandiikane(m): 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ok.

Natural hair will get ruined more than weave.

Especially if you have your hair up and you sweat, it will flatten.

I have never had my weave or wig ruined by water but I have had my hair ruined by rain.
I have had times where I straightened my hair and forgetting that it will curl back, I sprayed it and boff, 4hours of straightening for nothing.
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by JallowBah(f): 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
kandiikane: All these men here complaining because the weave is chopping their money.

Ha! tongue

Anyway, women don't weave for men. They do it for themselves. You have to understand black hair is not something you can just leave like that as a woman. Women always want to look good for as the bible even said that the hair is where the beauty lies. Even if the face is a mess as long as the hair is done, attention can be drawn from the face to the hair.

Wearing weave doesn't mean she wants to be white or asian, we are lucky as black people we can wear any hairstyle and it will make no difference to us as blacks. When white people do single plaits or dread, it looks odd on them.

I personally wear weaves and wigs to change hairstyles from time to time, look different. I had my hair cut and I still go out with it.
I don't wear my wigs at my partner's house. I don't see the point of it.

I don't do things to impress a guy.

@pleep but she still has her hair permed so she ain't no different.

Pffft, I look damn good with my dreadlocks. That hair is not only for african people, even Indian people had dreadlocks for many, many centuries.
But braids..nah, some white girls pull it off, other white girls look like poo. It depends on the shape of your head, and your style all togethersmiley

And I always wanted a afro! But I aint got no curlswink I have seen natural afros on white people too, but ainly red-heads. They tend to get mmore curls than blondes/brunettes.

I love braides, and started fixing my girl hair up much. Beads in all kind of colours, I use patterns, I try to make it as special as possible. I love the way african people wear the weaves, its not only a damn wig. They sow, they braid it in, they fix it neatly..it took me many, many years to see if a womans hair was real or not, and still I have problem at some timessmiley

Wear your hair proudly, no matter if its weaves or not!
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by kandiikane(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
Lol@jallowbah trying to prove something.

My point is black women can do any style but if another woman from a race does it, it's not the same.

It's something people will question.

I know in many cultures they do it for religious purposes but dreads has become blackified lol tongue
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by JallowBah(f): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
kandiikane: Lol@jallowbah trying to prove something.

My point is black women can do any style but if another woman from a race does it, it's not the same.

It's something people will question.

I know in many cultures they do it for religious purposes but dreads has become blackified lol tongue

What am I trying to prove?

And yes, it has..mostly because of the rastafarian religion. I always get questions about that, and if I dont smoke weed.. ( Nope, I dont. )
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2012
Kandii and her Infinite supply of subliminal shots at Jallow Lmfao

"Can't Dance"

"Your Man probably has a Black Gambian Wife on the side" (LoL)

"Jallow Trynna Prove Something"

...lol

@Topic.....Men don't give a damn about Weaves. It's all to impress their female friends...

Personally when i visit a chick late at night for some Azzz i request she tie her hair up in a scarf.
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by kandiikane(m): 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
Lmao@visiting for some azz.

Smh
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by JallowBah(f): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
~Royal~:
Kandii and her Infinite supply of subliminal shots at Jallow Lmfao

"Can't Dance"

"Your Man probably has a Black Gambian Wife on the side" (LoL)

"Jallow Trynna Prove Something"

...lol

@Topic.....Men don't give a damn about Weaves. It's all to impress their female friends...

Personally when i visit a chick late at night for some Azzz i request she tie her hair up in a scarf.

Lol.

At all of it.

1 Like

Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
its gross
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 30, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: its gross
lool!

@ topic, i don't really care what others do but you will NEVER see ms.d in tracks or wigs!!

never! i may wear extensions for braids/twists (synthetic hair only! No human!) wink.
I know what I look like naturally. I don't want to convey something that is not real.

My scalp doesn't sprout non-afro. brazilian, non-afro. indian or asian hair grin so i won't fake the funk!
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 30, 2012
~Royal~:
Niqqahz in here straight up Lyin.

pleep: Is funny how almost every single black man says he hates weaves....grin

for real.
they will be the main ones buying drinks, bb mobile phones and giving money to females
with skunk hair on their heads! grin

afam4eva: I always tell any lady that cares to listen that i hate anything artificial but secretly i admire it like mad.

grin grin grin grin

at the end of the day to each his/her own. tongue
I just can't stand women who get the weave and their personalities change! grin grin
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by pleep(m): 1:55am On Nov 30, 2012
Its the chemicals seeping into their brains! cheesy
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by kandiikane(m): 2:39am On Nov 30, 2012
Lool@msdarkskin saying skunk hair when she's wearing horse hair(synthetics) as braids. grin

No differences between braids and weaves because you're also portraying an illusion of something that's not there. tongue

1 Like

Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by pleep(m): 3:22am On Nov 30, 2012
i think someone has skunk hair lipsrsealed
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by kandiikane(m): 3:28am On Nov 30, 2012
atleast that someone doesn't have pubes on their head. lipsrsealed
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by pleep(m): 3:32am On Nov 30, 2012
kandiikane: atleast that someone doesn't have pubes on their head. lipsrsealed
shocked i had the save this before she deletes it
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 30, 2012
Lol @all those Africans women trying to justify their insecurity...drop the weaves period

2 Likes

Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by ektbear: 9:10am On Nov 30, 2012
Royal brings up a good point.

Personally I don't like weaves at all. But if a girl is otherwise attractive...who cares
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by kandiikane(m): 11:31pm On Nov 30, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: Lol @all those Africans women trying to justify their insecurity...drop the weaves period

Not before you drop your balls.
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by pleep(m): 1:30am On Dec 01, 2012
kandiikane and balls
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 01, 2012
kandiikane:

Not before you drop your balls.
they r natural..i didnt ask u to drop ur V.agina..dnt worry girl u can pass that step drop the weave
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2012
@Kandii do you wear skunk hair? lolz.

Last time I check synthetic hair was made from artificial
fibers (futura)...not horse hair. tongue

and fyi anyone who sees me with the braids (dont have them in yet)
will know it's not my real hair because they can see
where it is braided in. Unlike some folks who perm their natural hair
and try to blend it in with the hair that they cannot sprout from their scalps. tongue
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: Lol @all those Africans women trying to justify their insecurity...drop the weaves period

lolz.
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
pleep: Its the chemicals seeping into their brains! cheesy

lol.

im just glad to finally be perm free. smiley

i forgot which show i saw, i think it was tyra..
but the stuff in perms to make our hair straight
is so powerful that it can destroy soda cans.

After seeing that I was like "Oh NO!!!"
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
@Kandii do you wear skunk hair? lolz.

Last time I check synthetic hair was made from @rtifici@l
f!bers ...n0t horse hair. grin

and fyi anyone who sees me with the braids can see it's not real hair.
They can see where it is braided in. Unlike some girls who perm their natural hair
and try to blend it in with the hair that they cannot sprout from their scalps.
My purpose is to further my transitioning without constantly combing it out
and doing too much. Not to convey something...again unlike some.

To each his own. I don't care for tracks. **shrugs**
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
MsDarkSkin: @Kandii do you wear skunk hair? lolz.

Last time I check synthetic hair was made from @rtifici@l
f!bers ...n0t horse hair. grin

and fyi anyone who sees me with the braids can see it's not real hair.
They can see where it is braided in. Unlike some girls who perm their natural hair
and try to blend it in with the hair that they cannot sprout from their scalps.
Again, to each his own. I don't care for tracks.

Viewing this topic: *Kails*, MsDarkSkin and 3 guest(s)

Damn she brought in Both Names to Battle KandiiKane.

Yo Kandii You gon Let that Shittt Slide Son!?!?!?!?

LoL
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2012
This is another reason why I wouldn't advise too many black women to get tracks...
even micros (braids):

Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
mschew...out.
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by kandiikane(m): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
Lol, mzdarkskin, I'm not trying to say weave is better than micro braids but as I've said before there is no difference even if you can tell with braids.

As far as I know, many from other races can't tell the difference between extensions and natural hair on blacks. When I was in hospital just recently the xray lady said to me, "omg, I wish I had hair like yours it's to thick and long." I had to correct her. I had braids then.

Maybe, braids work for you but it doesn't work for me and many alike because It pulls my front hair and leads to tiny bald patches just like the picture you post. Weave works for me because it grows my hair due to the cornrows and just leaving my natural hair alone.

My point= there is no difference between braids and weave. I don't see the point in being ok with braids(whether horse hair or synthetic fibres) and not with weaves. They are both illusions even if one is more obvious than the other.

Seeing your last post now, it's good that you advise women about the damaging effects of weaves but tbh, as a woman you should understand how hard it is to maintain hair and some rather just hide it than deal with it. Plus, many don't have the resources to maintain the hair.

I just recently met a lady and her hair is no more than 2inches. It just never grows even with the help of the best products around. She can't even pick it to cornrow so she wears wigs or wig caps.

Can you see my point?

Sorry, for the long post but even though you're going natural, you've also got to look at both sides of the coin.

1 Like

Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
kandiikane: Lol, mzdarkskin, I'm not trying to say weave is better than micro braids but as I've said before there is no difference even if you can tell with braids.

As far as I know, many from other races can't tell the difference between extensions and natural hair on blacks. When I was in hospital just recently the xray lady said to me, "omg, I wish I had hair like yours it's to thick and long." I had to correct her. I had braids then.

Maybe, braids work for you but it doesn't work for me and many alike because I pulls my front hair and leads to bald patches just like the picture you post. Weave works for me because it grows my hair due to the cornrows and just leaving my natural hair alone.

My point= there is no difference between braids and weave. I don't see the point in being ok with braids(whether horse hair or synthetic fibres) and not with weaves. They are both illusions even if one is more obvious than the other.

Seeing your last post now, it's good that you advise women about the damaging effects of weaves but tbh, as a woman you should understand how hard it is to maintain hair and some rather just hide it than deal with it. Plus, many don't have the resources to maintain the hair.

I just recently met a lady and her hair is no more than 2inches. It just never grows even with the help of the best products around. She can't even pick it to cornrow so she wears wigs or wig caps.

Can you see my point?

Sorry, for the long post but even though you're going natural, you've also got to look at both sides of the coin.

Yeah, I understand you 100 percent. smiley
My bad for being so defensive lol. You do have very good points.
Even I have to fight to get my hair to comply grin grin so I can understand why some women wouldn't want to go through it.
Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by kandiikane(m): 10:57pm On Dec 01, 2012
smiley

I have to shave my hair soon AGAIN because the braids I mentioned earlier have left my front hair in tatters(my front hair is sooo sensitive) but looking forward to the bald look again.

1 Like

Re: Men What Do You Think Of Weaves? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
Women with full Facial features look better with Short Hair.

I remember that Chiq from that Old Beenie Man Video..

Ahhh Man...Her lips were soooo Fat.

Cimsima}}}}...Who got tha Keys to mah Beemaah Who Am I}}}}} Thaa Gurls Dem Sugar...

Kandii, Bring ya Face ovah hea Yo. tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-xQ7IksUc

^Looks just like Kandii.

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do I Wear For My Son's 1st Birthday Party / Who Do Married Women Dress To Impress? / What's Your Definition of Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.