Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi (5664 Views)

Bakassi Indigenes Sue FG / Cameroonian Gendarmes Force Bakassi Indigenes To Leave Their Homeland / Bakassi Indigenes Reject Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by bashr8: 3:39am On Jul 23, 2012
Bakassi indigenes threaten to reclaim ceded Peninsula to Cameroon
on JULY 23, 2012 · in NEWS
12:35 am
BY Johnbosco Agbakwuru

CALABAR – DISPLACED Bakassi indigenes, have threatened to return to the oil-rich Peninsula ceded by International Court of Justice to the Republic of Cameroon, claiming that United Nations and Federal Government deceived and abandoned them.

The people alleged that they were being harassed, molested and killed by the Cameroon gendarmes and that fishermen from Cross River State were not allowed access to the peninsula for fishing contrary to the Green Tree Agreement.

Briefing newsmen, weekend, spokesman of the displaced people and paramount ruler of Bakassi Local Government Area, Etinyin Etim Edet, said that they had exhausted their patience waiting for the international community and Federal Government to fulfill the promises made to them as well as settle them in their new place all to no avail.

Etinyin Edet, who is also chairman of the state Council of Chiefs, said that having waited for almost 10 years for the Federal Government to act and show good faith without any hope in sight, the Bakassi people had decided to demand for the return of their homeland, which he said was given out without a referendum.

The monarch said: “This is to inform all Nigerians, that the youths of the area are already restive and I as the paramount ruler cannot stop them from resisting now what they consider an unfair treatment by ICJ, UN and Nigeria, which ignored the human cost of their action.”

“With total abandonment by Nigeria, the youths threaten to go back to the creeks to render the entire Gulf of Guinea inaccessible to oil and maritime exploration activities in collaboration with their Niger Delta compatriots and their northern sympathizers.

“They had threatened that before October 10, 2012, they will take back their Bakassi in whatever means possible if urgent steps were not taken by Federal Government to redress the above. Nigerians should bear me witness that I had tried my best over period from the day of the ICJ judgment till today to maintain peace and order within the affected population. I can no longer guarantee that peace.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/bakassi-indigenes-threaten-to-reclaim-ceded-peninsula-to-cameroon/
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by bashr8: 3:40am On Jul 23, 2012
very sad
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Afam4eva(m): 4:26am On Jul 23, 2012
They should return and reclaim theirr land.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Obiagu1(m): 5:03am On Jul 23, 2012
Before they return to Bakassi, they should first seek out Obasanjo and kill him.

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by ektbear: 5:25am On Jul 23, 2012
interesting.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Lisa1: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2012
excellent
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by ebere1712: 8:17am On Jul 23, 2012
obasanjo is a traitor and bastard for giving away bakassi.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by pazienza(m): 9:50am On Jul 23, 2012
It shall never be well with Gowon and Obasanjo.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by miracle4(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2012
Bleep obj
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by sylve11: 9:53am On Jul 23, 2012
Good! Let them go back. cool
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by mrsheddy(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2012
Castrate OBJ first, then any other things will follow.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Afam4eva(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2012
THis is man's inhumanity to man. Obasanjo should be extradited to Okija forest with immediate alacrity.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by hakanai(m): 10:01am On Jul 23, 2012
I think that if MEND's true agenda is liberating or protecting the ND then there brothers are in need of that now more than ever.They can hit this gendarmes and other entity in the peninsula that pose a treat to there brethren.That said honestly, the Bakassi inhabitants should simply comply with there new country of origin and let us be.Its too late.
This actions of dragging the nation into it is over due.The territory has being ceded to Cameroon and ICJ has ruled in her favor.Alot of persons and Nigerian leaders have approved of it and worked to define the borders.So going back on it makes us as a nation lairs and not to be trusted again.The mistakes have being made and our leader(Obj's) word given.Then it is to late.Our word is more than our bone in such a case.So you folks can fight for secession from Cameroon or fight for equal rights in Cameroon than all this we are here and there.
How do we begin.I say if you are abused or assaulted you can table that with the AU and UN.Also the ICJ or Amnesty international will be glad to listen.That said you can also use the media to draw attention to you plight.I say try Al-jazeera (they carry such small international cases where CNN is feeling too big.)
You have to think forward and beyond.It is doing what resolves your situation that will be your priority not insisting on a status qua.That will work against our national interest.As it stands now if Nigeria interfere,we are not only liars but intruding on the sovereign territory of Cameroon.Which gives them a strong reason and position internationally.We could be called oppressors and liars or even expansionist.I rest my case.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by MMM2(m): 10:18am On Jul 23, 2012
Obj should be death by now 4 dat sh it business angry
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by cutievik: 10:34am On Jul 23, 2012
Dat's one stupid ideaology with our insensitive Nigerian Goverment,hw can u jst evict grandfathers,grandmothers,fathers,mothers,children and relatives frm a community dat they call home nd had lived all their lives,witout any compensation or a condusive alternative.And worst of all u let them be 4 ten years witout care,now they have decide to cry out the govt wud nt hearken their ears to their plea,this i can bet on,UNTIL this desperate,angry nd hyperactive youths take up guns,arms,RGP,GPMG, and bitter of all BOKO HARAM BOMBS!,using all to create insecurity of lives nd property,disruptin their seat of power ame makin them all feel unsafe than is wen u hear the govt come out 2 say nd i quote 'drop ur arms and come to the table let's dialouge'.PITY,MEDICINE AFTA DEATH!
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2012
pazienza: It shall never be well with Gowon and Obasanjo.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva: THis is man's inhumanity to man. Obasanjo should be extradited to Okija forest with immediate alacrity.
grin
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by chucky234(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva: THis is man's inhumanity to man. Obasanjo should be extradited to Okija forest with immediate alacrity.
Okija_juju take note and swing into action,no time.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by excondido(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2012
the last time i checked, ICJ's rulings does not have any legal effect on dissenting countries. take the japan- korea dispute over dodko, sudan and south sudan over abyie region and the ethopia-erithia dispute. the list of defaulter is endless. so why will nigeria timidly cower to the ICJ's ruling without putting up a good fight at the detriment of its people
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2012
As a Cross Riverian *though not from Bakassi*, once proper arrangement n fortification is completed, I'll be ready to Occupy Bakassi in solidarity!!!! Let the Gendarmes do their worst!! Injustice anywhere, is injustice everywhere!!
Bleep Gowon, Bleep Obasanjo, Bleep Jonathan!!! Bleep ICJ with their biased judgment! Let them go talk 2 Israel, US n England! Na African countries them d use shine! I blame d Bakassi people n their Aluta-General Sen Florence Ita-Giwa 4 not rejecting dat judgment!! How can a bloody War Monger cede ur land without ur consent? Wot insolence!!!! Bleep the ignoramus Gowon again, for all the atrocities he has committed, for the blood of Biafran women n children in his hands!!

All Ojukwu wanted in a confederacy was for Biafra to be to Nigeria, wot Hong Kong is to China! Literally!

What sort of Country is Nigeria by the way? a country that doesn't protect its territorial integrity n d dignity of its people. Weak President!! Weak Country!! Weak People!!!

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by mrperfect(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2012
It seems not just now that this people's condition have not in anyway better since this decision by Nigeria Government
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Toktee(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2012
When this drama was going on,i sat in my village far away benue,i wept for dis country i also wonder why God have taken abacha from us,imagin been remove from ur ancestral home with an alternative enviroment different from yours,is a pity,the two house of assembly were there toothless while obj nd ajibola hand bakassi to cameroun

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Pakavy(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2012
pazienza: It shall never be well with Gowon and Obasanjo.
is unda such situations dat i miss general sani abacha.walahi if na him e 4 no happen
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Toktee(m): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2012
Israel has refuse to handover occupied westbank to palastenia,icj do nothing,eriterea has refuse to bow to ethiopia,heaven does not fall,what about britain nd argentina,i dnt even know what nigerian army have been doing in the barracks since after biafram war since fourty years ago,i advice mend,ateke tom boys,where is general boyloaf,is time to drag military out side frm the barrack for a just cause

2 Likes

Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by chucky234(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2012
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
The IJN judgement should be appealed. I personally think Bakassi Indigenes should go back to their land. OBJ struck a deal for ownership of some Oil wells. This should be done while OBJ is alive.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Santi222(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
We don suffer for dis country.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Luckysoul(m): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
D kingdom of earth suffered violence. D only word our leader understand is violence. It is painful to stripes u off ur land.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Olanlere11: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
This Govt has a human face, let's hope that now that the people have voiced their discontent, GEJ will act immediately and restore hope and dignity.
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by HAH: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
Gra gra
Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: The IJN judgement should be appealed. I personally think Bakassi Indigenes should go back to their land. OBJ struck a deal for ownership of some Oil wells. This should be done while OBJ is alive.
OBJ is typical Yoruba man, greeeeddd. I wish na Igboland, he is finished cool

1 Like

Re: Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi by tinkinjo: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
Threaten?
I would rather they said "vowed to reclaim their land". You threaten only when someone is at your mercy or at least the cards are in your hands. As it is I'm at a loss what the FG stand to lose if the go back.
Wisdom should impress on them that if while here they are not cared for, then who 'll give a damn while they are being mowed by the Cameroonian gendarmes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1.8m Lagosians Travel By Water Monthly – LASWA / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News: Buhari May Drop Out Of Presidential Race By Himself / 'Sunday Oliseh Insulted My Late Mum Before Stripping Me Of My Captaincy':Enyeama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.