Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,682 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

The Great Songhai Empire - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Great Songhai Empire (51233 Views)

Auwa The Daughter Of Askiya The Great Of Songhai Empire Married The Sarki Of Ka / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture / History Of The Oyo Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
SmoothCrim: Nigeria may be debatable but, Cameroon is CERTAINLY historically NOT a West African country!!!
Now you're talking, we're NOT you're right but Nigeria is not Cameroon, plus some historians used to associate Cameroon to West Africa which is wrong according to me
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 11:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Kanem-Bornu? You've heard of it right?

The issue of whether they traded in gold is not so clear cut (different sources make different claims), but they were around as early as some of these other places we're talking about, and were also involved in Sahelian and North African trade.

Where is the gold today!!

There is still gold in Mali(3rd largest producer in Africa) Gold in Ghana 2nd largest producer in Africa...

Even Nubia which means Gold still has gold.

That is how I read history ladies and gentlemen. I need to be able to tie it to today to make it indisputable!

GIVE ME ANCIENT West Africa!!!!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
shymmex: SmoothCrim

Don't derail the thread, plz..

I am not! I am only putting it in context so we learn more and learn how to read the history of the region.

In the end I hope all would have learned more.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
^^^^Create another thread for the Ghana Empire - this thread is about Songhai Empire.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
shymmex: ^^^^Create another thread for the Ghana Empire - this thread is about Songhai Empire.

I am talking about ancient West Africa!!!

Until you understand what I am saying you can never hope to understand West Africa as it was and as it is!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
Nigeria I believe is a land that was overrun but Black North Africans, and Black Central Africans and displaced an indigenous people who today don't exist as a distinct race!!!

Now this is hard to prove but, I am working on it!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

And Yes I am semi-trolling BUT, am I wink wink wink wink
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
^^^^^The civilizations that were built in ancient West Africa came after the remarkable ones in East Africa..

This thread isn't about competition, don't derail the thread.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
i'm sorry shymmex but i have to ask this question to smoothcrim ....please smooth could you list to me the west -Africans countries? who is in west-africa because actually i'm lost
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i'm sorry shymmex but i have to ask this question to smoothcrim ....please smooth could you list to me the west -Africans countries? who is in west-africa because actually i'm lost

Every Country in ECOWAS apart from Nigeria! Mauritania is also in West Africa...

How can one country with something like 60 percent of the West African people not practice many of the ancient practices of West Africa!!! Well there is only one answer!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i'm sorry shymmex but i have to ask this question to smoothcrim ....please smooth could you list to me the west -Africans countries? who is in west-africa because actually i'm lost
Cameroon is not included that's what I know brother
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
Nayah:
Cameroon is not included that's what I know brother
CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA ...
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA ...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Where is your gold Bakassi Sr. !!?
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Every Country in ECOWAS apart from Nigeria! Mauritania is also in West Africa...

How can one country with something like 60 percent of the West African people not practice many of the ancient practices of West Africa!!! Well there is only one answer!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
WHO WERE THE WEST AFRICAN PEOPLE....DID YOU HEARD ABOU THE BANTU MIGRATION ...WE CONQUERED THE LAND AND SETTLED HERE ....THAT"S NOT MEANS THAT WE AREN"T IN WEST AFRICA THE LOCATION DID"T CHANGE ..
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Where is your gold Bakassi Sr. !!?
CAMEROON HAS A LOT OF GOD AND DIAMOND......
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 24, 2012
This guy and warya123 are crazy, yo.. grin grin

Trolling is a bia.tch.. sad
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:01am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: CAMEROON HAS A LOT OF GOD AND DIAMOND......

Bakassi Sr. Get out of my face!!! grin grin grin grin grin You are in Central Africa and related to Congo, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea!!! Good day!!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:02am On Jul 24, 2012
pls smoothcrim rocks!! smiley
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:03am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim: Since no one answered my question, Nubia means GOLD!

GOLD!!!!!

Ancient Africans generally loved Gold!!!

These Ancient African cultures are dead in Africa though even though Ghana(the only country I believe) still has a lot of it.

Pictures:

[img]http://www.twi.bb/kente_chief.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_DnXDQGcPK04/TQYj0_pAhaI/AAAAAAAAB4k/3C4Of7uNJAU/s400/Otumfuo%2Bbday%2B%25286%2529.JPG[/img]

[img]http://sirismm.si.edu/eepa/eep/eepa_01478.jpg[/img]

Ancient West Africa!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:03am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim: The LAST Pure ancient West African cultures are found in Ghana. The rest have been destroyed almost!!

Only Ghanaian rule CAN SAVE West Africa!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru2IvlO_G_0

Ancient West Africa!!!

GIVE ME ANCIENT WEST AFRICA!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:04am On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
Nop, I don't think so, I'm from Cameroon and I'm sorry we're not like your description. Google Ruben Um Nyobe on the Net then we can discuss...

lol cameroon that had to depend on the french and sucked the french man's feet @ the IC court undecided

ya all french puppets
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:04am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

loool West Africa the real Cardinal point include EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WESTERN PART OF THE CONTINENT, you were talking about Francophone influence let me tell you that you do the same mistake! this separation was about to control and divide the Continent, because the West Africa as people or Historians have delimited are completely wrong. Angola is in West of Africa! but more in the South that's all! Morocco is in West Africa as well but more in the North....think about it
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Bakassi Sr. Get out of my face!!! grin grin grin grin grin You are in Central Africa and related to Congo, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea!!! Good day!!!!
lmao so my name now is Bakassi...okay okay i see ...can i ask you who were the people of west Africa before our arrival...you said we outnumbered them
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2012
Give me...
Give me...
Give me...

Give me...

Give me...

GIVE ME ANCIENT WEST AFRICA!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:05am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Ancient West Africa!!!

GIVE ME ANCIENT WEST AFRICA!!

pls we are the GIANTS OF AFRICA! west africa is nothing without Nigeria

ghanaians are just our well behaved neighbours grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

lol cameroon that had to depend on the french and sucked the french man's feet @ the IC court undecided

ya all french puppets
wowow ....so you were excepting a war right?
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:07am On Jul 24, 2012
a BUNCH OF UGLY BLACK NORTH AND CENTRAL AFRICANS HAVE OVERRUN NIGERIA and have sex at a unheard of rate!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is NOT a PROPER West African country!!!

Bring it on!!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 24, 2012
Stop derailing my thread!!! Dammit!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:07am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

ya all french puppets
Onila, good evening, I'm sorry you should inform more about our History to understand our behaviour, a Malian and a Cameroonian have a total different way to behave towards the former colony, and don't forget we're NOT a colony but a protectorate, Cameroon was German and this point explain many things especially in tems of behaviour.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by PhysicsQED(m): 12:07am On Jul 24, 2012
Hey Cameroonpride, I came across this a while back:

http://www.voanews.com/content/archeological-findings-reveal-central-african-history-125075209/161668.html

Just thought I might mention it.

It mentions ancient iron working by central Africans in what is now Cameroon. I've always held that iron smelting was probably discovered independently from the rest of the world in at least one or a few parts of ancient Africa below the Sahara desert, even if the use of iron in many other parts may have been introduced from north Africa in later times.

Oh yeah, and Cameroon is in the western part of central Africa as far as most people are concerned. I don't see why it's so important to you to leave central Africa and join West Africa. What's the big deal to you about switching geographical classification?
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:07am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: wowow ....so you were excepting a war right?

naa ya all are really nice and I love your music

but still french puppets like all french colonies grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:08am On Jul 24, 2012
NO Bakassi sr. MAN will dare join West Africa!!! Nigeria can stay(grudgingly) but, NO Bakassi man will ever be allowed in West Africa!!!!

Bakassi OUT!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by TerryCarr(m): 12:09am On Jul 24, 2012
shymmex: This is the boat they found in Nigeria (about 10,000 years old)

that not gonna get you to America

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) / Breast Touching Festival In Singapore / Convocation: Badirat Olaitan Adeyemi Graduates From The University Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.