Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,721 members, 7,802,175 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! (8245 Views)

Getting Your Movie Censored By The National Film & Video Censors Board / Man Of Steel: Watch The Trailer For The New Superman Film - Video / Actors And Actresses: Please Introduce Yourselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2007
Hello,

I'm Seun, and I'm an aspiring producer.

You?
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Maykelly(f): 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2007
Hi,
seun.

my name is kelly. from port harcourt. pls how can i get information i mean geniue information about acting. i want to be one.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2007
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by iice(f): 4:01am On Dec 17, 2007
Where are all the ones who are actors/actresses, producers/directors etc etc?
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2007
Apparently, they are all allergic to nairaland. I'm just about ready to declare this subforum a failure.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by iice(f): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2007
But i thought it was the 'in' thing these days. . .being in the motion picture business that is. Would have thought, many would be jumping at the chance to claim announce their being in the motion picture business
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 11:27am On Dec 19, 2007
It's not a very glamorous business in Nigeria, I think.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by starlizzy(f): 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2007
am a T.V producer
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by jemit(m): 9:57am On Dec 31, 2007
seun - the administrator, how fa.

u said u re an aspiring sitcom producer. what is ur sitcom about et al.

i am an aspiring film director. i am presently into 3d modelling and animation and also video editing.

i have been into 'cinematography' for a while now.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by bishoptboy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2008
hey combs, you sounded like someone who is well informed about fdilm generally. I will like to know more about you.
let me also introduce myself as an aspiring cinematographer and TV producer
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by niceuzor: 5:00am On Jan 07, 2008
Good to see Video people introducing their self here! i guess i'm one by visiting Youtube for daily videos.

I'm A Youtube member! cool what about you?
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by tuneh(f): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hi Combrazor,
Please let's know what happened in your attempt to improve nollywood, I have aspirations of film production myself
tuneh
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 4:22am On Jan 08, 2008
jemit:

seun - the administrator, how fa.

u said u re an aspiring sitcom producer. what is your sitcom about et al.

i am an aspiring film director. i am presently into 3d modelling and animation and also video editing.

i have been into 'cinematography' for a while now.

The sitcom didn't work out, but I'm working on a short film. I'm interested in figuring out the most cost-effective way to make a great movie!
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by jideosik(m): 5:39am On Jan 08, 2008
Seun:

The sitcom didn't work out, but I'm working on a short film.  I'm interested in figuring out the most cost-effective way to make a great movie!

combrazor:

bishoptboy--

yes, i am pretty serious about film.

y'see, the reason i'm taking the kind of stance i am taking in the other post is because as recently as two--maybe one and a half--years ago, i was exactly like you, talking about revolutionizing and reforming Nollywood. so i actually put my money where my mouth was and i picked up and went to do it. i went back to Nigeria to make an "international standard" movie that would change the industry!

it was an eye-opening experience.

i won't go into all the details, but let's just say that i acquired a whole new understanding for Nollywood and the way it works (or doesn't work). and i came to the realization that people like you or I are not going to change it.

there's nothing to stop you from making the movies you want to make: i think it's good for Nigeria to have an "alternative" film culture. but as far as the mainstream goes, it's not going to change. and there are many reasons why it won't.

Hello fellows, would you like to share your movie making experience with the rest of us?
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by powerofmap(m): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2008
grin Shey Freelance Writers can introduce demself?

, Am a Script Writer,
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by TayoD1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2008
@topic,

Alright, Can an aspiring movie distributor introduce himself? Y'all thinking of distributing your movies in the US, then give me a holla.

By the way, I don't distribute pirated movies. I obtain the copyrights from the Producers in naija before producing and distributing them here. Needless to say, its not easy. The movie I paid $1,000s for was already on the shelf before I could finish my own production.

I have someone in jail now and will be pursuing litigation to recoup my costs from the pirates - not Johnny Depp o.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by TayoD1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2008
combrazor,

Tayo-D, what's your company's name?
the name is Motherlan' Productions. I started the company late last year and obtained copyright for one movie - wicked Time 1 & 2. Unfortunately, its already been copied by pirates and there is one website that is showing it online already.

I'm meeting with my attorney later today and I'll gist you how things go.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2008
I'm proud of what you're doing, tayo-D. Ultimately, pirates can only be defeated in courts of law.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by TayoD1(m): 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2008
@combrazor, Seun

I'm proud of what you're doing, tayo-D.  Ultimately, pirates can only be defeated in courts of law.

that's why i wanted to know the name of the company so i could show some support,  i try to make it a point of duty to buy only official copies, though lately the bootlegs seem to be predominating at the spot i usually shop at.

I just came back from the attorney's office. He feels we have a very strong case, but the problem is money. The lawyer I first got in touch with within the same firm bills for his services @ $425/hr. He brought a colleague who will likely work on my case and bills for $275/hr. So you see my dilemma now is the money to pursue this. I have to pay a retainership of $1,500 just for them to start with and the eventual fee could run up to tens of thousands. I'll be discussing with my wife later to determine our next line of action.

By the way, where are you located? I am still trying to establish a distribution chain. I will appreciate if I can get some help from you especially with regards to the stores where you shop.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by TayoD1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2008
The whole thing is still unfolding. I am pursuing it from various angles till we discover who is the major culprit who infringed on the copyights by mass-producing it.

A willful violator like the website that shows the movie online could be liable to at least $100,000, while the small shops that carry them and sell them could be liable for up to $10,000.

I am definitely going after the websites so as to get to the root cause. If the websites don't take the movie down after being warned, then we could have the service providers deny them hosting. This is part of the law here in the US.

Let me know what you can do about hooking me up with the few stores you got out there. We got few Nigerians here but a lot of Liberians who love naija movies too. By the way, have you seen the movie in Boston?
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2008
If it's that expensive, you probably shouldn't do it on your own. You don't want to spend your entire profit on litigation before you start making it. You need to meet with other distribution rights holders in the states and start a class action lawsuit.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by richyodilu(m): 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2008
Hi, I am an aspiring  movie producer, director, and scriptwriter. I have had quite some challenging experiences on the stage, I have directed a couple of stage plays, some written by me, won awards for some, acted in a couple of movies and soaps, directed and co-directed a few musical videos, I am a journalist - entertainment focus , with plenty of experience - etc. and I have just formed an entertainment company with a friend that has been registered in the USA and Nigeria, and we are planning on shooting our first movie and TV serial. Its quite challenging but fulfilling.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by YourAccess(m): 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2008
Name: Your Access - Producer (Steve Eguasa)
Type: Entertainment & Arts - Television
Description: Your Access is a weekly variety show that airs on ToksTv (http://www.toksvisions.com), every wednesday focused on Entertainment.

Join the Group Your Access on Facebook and leave us a comment of what you think of the show.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Ganjaseed: 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2008
@Seun

I have a suggestion for you I do not know if there is anyway we can relate without having to make it public here. Am Ganja seed I hope you get this message.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2008
abeg we radio presenters, we fit introduce ourselves?
if we fit,

hi
im okechukwu
im a radio presenter (FLAVA)
, and , an aspiring sit com actor!
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by sleekymag(m): 11:21am On Jan 30, 2008
Hi, I'm a Screenwriter cum Producer. Recently incoporated an entertainment media company "Matol Media Concepts Limited", and we are working on producing two films this year. Currently have screen credits for TV Programs, as Associate Producer and Scriptwriter on local TV, and Africa Magic for the company i still work for (though not for much longer). Matol Media is a revolutionary company with divisions in Film/TV Production, Publishing, Edutainment, Audio, Film Exhibition and Distribution.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Cfaith: 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2008
sleekymag:

Hi, I'm a Screenwriter come Producer. Recently incoporated an entertainment media company "Matol Media Concepts Limited", and we are working on producing two films this year. Currently have screen credits for TV Programs, as Associate Producer and Scriptwriter on local TV, and Africa Magic for the company i still work for (though not for much longer). Matol Media is a revolutionary company with divisions in Film/TV Production, Publishing, Edutainment, Audio, Film Exhibition and Distribution.

Hello, hod we i meet with you for a small meeting. Kindly give me an appointment.

Thank you. 08023611150
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by andrewdg(m): 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2008
my name is andrew simon; a scriptwriter.
i gave my synopsis to a marketer and he told me to come down to the secular nollywood unprofessional thing. can somebody save me here? where are the real producers seun?
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2008
I am a 'real producer' in the sense of using the Hollywood approach,
but I want to work with people who are willing to start small and grow.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by hotshawlng(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2008
I am a musician but i am also very interested in movies (acting). Can anyone help me?
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by Seun(m): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2008
@hotshawlng: You need to take acting classes to turn your interest into proficiency.
Re: TV, Film & Video People: Please Introduce Yourselves! by hotshawlng(m): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2008
@ seun: thanks. But where? How?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil 2016 HD Dvdrip Full Movie Download 720P / LASG, Ebonylife Academy Produce Another Batch Of Trainees In Film Production / Infinity War Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.