Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities (71365 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 24, 2012
Dar e Salaam, Tanzania

Nairobi, Kenya

Durban, South Africa

Cape Town, South Africa

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 24, 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa

Windhoek, Namibia

Lagos, Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 2:03am On Jul 24, 2012
Maputo, Mozambique

Harare, Zimbabwe

Abidjan, Ivory Coast

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 24, 2012
Dakar, Senegal

Abuja, Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 24, 2012
Surely, investment and tourism would flow in greater number to these countries if the world knew the continent had this level of development? But when you go overseas, all most people know about Africa is... villages, animals, Masai tribesmen, conflict, poverty etc etc.

Don't we need to invest heavily in our own global media apparatus in order to disseminate the full picture of our rapidly developing continent?

I posted these images on a couple of non-African sites, and most people reacted with shock and disbelief, with many openly stating that they never thought any of this existed in Africa.

THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE.

I reckon that if the world knew the full picture of Africa, tourism alone into the continent would increase by at least 2,000%, greatly helping to lift the incomes of the majority. The great thing about tourism receipts is that the money goes straight into the pockets of the common man, by way of greater patronage of eateries, craft shops, various services, from taxi to all sorts of retail and leisure services.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by dasparrow: 3:19am On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE: Surely, investment and tourism would flow in greater number to these countries if the world knew the continent had this level of development? But when you go overseas, all most people know about Africa is... villages, animals, Masai tribesmen, conflict, poverty etc etc.

Don't we need to heavily invest in our own global media apparatus in order to disseminate the full picture of our rapidly developing continent?

I posted these images on a couple of non-African sites, and most people reacted with shock and disbelief, with many openly stating that they never thought any of this existed in Africa.

THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE.

Excellent thread. Please keep the pictures coming. This kind of thread is what I would wish to see on the homepage. Mukina, where are you?

@Post

The truth is, the whites control the media and hence do not want the world knowing about the good things Africa has to offer. They (whites) do this because they don't want money that could have gone to their countries from tourism to go to African countries. Secondly, they don't want diasporan blacks from the western hemisphere to reconnect with their roots.

Thirdly, they would like Africa to be consistently seen in a negative limelight and remain economically disadvantaged by discouraging investors with all the negative images of Africa they bombard people with. Fourthly, they would like Africans to keep running from their home countries to the western world because that way they can have Africans do crappy jobs that their citizens won't otherwise do. Things like baby sitting, cleaning public toilets, cleaning the shytty nyashes of their old people stuck in nursing homes because their adult kids are too busy chasing after money to take care of them. In addition, they make alot of money from our people who apply in droves for all types of visas from their respective embassies.

The problem is, even our people who are fellow Africans are ignorant about all the good things the continent has to offer. For example, how many rich and middle class Nigerians when choosing a vacation spot will consider other African countries? Often times, they prefer to travel to USA, England, France, Canada, and the likes. They don't realize that by spending their shopping money over there, they are helping to enrich those countries' economies over ours.

The western media has succeeded in tarnishing the image of Africa so much that even Africans themselves both within and outside the continent now believe the western media propaganda. It is high time we have our own media stations because CNN and BBC are western media stations and their #1 goal is to keep painting Africans and Africa in a negative manner. No wonder, when one lives abroad, one get's disrespected alot the minute the western heifers figure out that one is an African. They feel it gives them the effrontery to be rude to us. We need to start re-educating our people about our continent because if we don't, someone else who does not have our people's best interest at hand will. Lastly, we should come up with our own TV programmings and cartoons and stop paying DSTV to watch theirs. I personally don't watch american TV programming. Their junk don't interest me.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 3:19am On Jul 24, 2012
^^^
ROSSIKE: Surely, investment and tourism would flow in greater number to these countries if the world knew the continent had this level of development? But when you go overseas, all most people know about Africa is... villages, animals, Masai tribesmen, conflict, poverty etc etc.

Don't we need to invest heavily in our own global media apparatus in order to disseminate the full picture of our rapidly developing continent?

THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE.

I reckon that if the world knew the full picture of Africa, tourism alone into the continent would increase by at least 2,000%, greatly helping to lift the incomes of the majority. The great thing about tourism receipts is that the money goes straight into the pockets of the common man, by way of greater patronage of eateries, craft shops, various services, from taxi to all sorts of retail and leisure services.
Because that Africa is not real. it only exists in your imagination. You are psychotic and you dont know it. Seek help!
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 24, 2012
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 24, 2012
Accra, Ghana

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 3:28am On Jul 24, 2012
Did your grand-parents develop the technologies used in building those cities?
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Jul 24, 2012
um . . . it is not hidden from the world. Africans who can afford living in those cities make up about 0.01% of the population. Majority of those places, including Durban are occupied by the elite, and foreigners. Over 90% of Africans do not live in those nice buildings you have there. That is why the world does not focus in on the shiny parts of Africa because they know that is not where the majority in Africa really live.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 24, 2012
Libreville, Gabon

[img]http://www.agpgabon.ga/IMG/artoff2097.jpg[/img]
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 3:41am On Jul 24, 2012
antitpiah: Did your grand-parents develop the technologies used in building those cities?

If you want to go back into who 'developed' what, you'll have to credit Africans with an awful lot of stuff, from inventing writing to inventing mathematics, to the sciences and architecture itself. So don't go there. EVERYONE contributed to the modern world we have today. I already posted a thread a while ago looking to educate folks like you on African inventions. Shame you missed it. Or more likely you read it but it got in one ear and out the other.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 24, 2012
Kobojunkie: um . . . it is not hidden from the world. Africans who can afford living in those cities make up about 0.01% of the population. Majority of those places, including Durban are occupied by the elite, and foreigners. Over 90% of Africans do not live in those nice buildings you have there. That is why the world does not focus in on the shiny parts of Africa because they know that is not where the majority in Africa really live.

YAWWN. You LYING GIT. Why not 0.000000000000000000000001% ?

Folks like you have been singing that same sh**tty tune for long, but your tune is getting OLD. Get with the program little girl: AFRICA IS RISING:

''An African Development Bank report has shown due to 20 years of solid economic growth, Africa's middle class has tripled and poverty is on the wane.

In 2010, 34.3% of the African population, or 313 million people, were classified as middle class, compared with 26.2% or 111 million people in 1980, the bank said in a report.''

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-01-16-africas-middle-class-growing-steadily-says-bank/
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 24, 2012
Africa's Economy Surges As Middle Class Grows: Can Free Markets Meet Demand?

''Increased investor activity in Africa is recognition of the strong and sustained economic growth displayed by the continent over the last few years; growth which has been spurred in large part by Africa’s growing consumer class.....

McKinsey’s 2010 report on Africa estimated that the number of African households earning $5,000 will grow by 80% between 2000 and 2014 and that the consumer spending, which stood at $860 million in 2008 will grow to about $1.4 trillion by 2020. Additionally, the share of African households with discretionary incomes, 35% in 2000, is expected to reach 52% in 2020.''

http://www.policymic.com/articles/8002/africa-s-economy-surges-as-middle-class-grows-can-free-markets-meet-demand

So much for Kobojunkie's ''0.000000001%''!!!
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 24, 2012
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

I need to travel around Africa... cool

God bless mama Africa..
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

YAWWN. You LYING GIT. Why not 0.000000000000000000000001% ?

Folks like you have been singing that same sh**tty tune for long, but your tune is getting OLD. Get with the programe little girl: AFRICA IS RISING:

''An African Development Bank report has shown due to 20 years of solid economic growth, Africa's middle class has tripled and poverty is on the wane.

In 2010, 34.3% of the African population, or 313 million people, were classified as middle class, compared with 26.2% or 111 million people in 1980, the bank said in a report.''

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-01-16-africas-middle-class-growing-steadily-says-bank/

Yes, middle class people in Africa live in Highrise buildings?? ROLFMAO!!!! I happen to know some of those "middle class" Africans, and they don't live in the heart of the city, more like the outskirts.

Anywho, I am used to know TWISTING all there is out there so you can sell yet another false image of your WONDERFUL Africa. Carry on!!!
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by PhysicsQED(m): 4:19am On Jul 24, 2012
Many places like those shown in the pictures in this thread are a dime a dozen in the West.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 4:23am On Jul 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Yes, middle class people in Africa live in Highrise buildings?? ROLFMAO!!!! I happen to know some of those "middle class" Africans, and they don't live in the heart of the city, more like the outskirts.

Anywho, I am used to know TWISTING all there is out there so you can sell yet another false image of your WONDERFUL Africa. Carry on!!!

How many of the 313 million middle class Africans do you know?
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 24, 2012
Kigali Rwanda

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Do you know you sound like a mad woman? Wasn't it you who came in here with your fake yarns of ''only 0.01% can afford to live in those places''? Now you're 'ROLFYAO' like some dicck-ravaged so and so over your own words? Shouldn't you be in an asylum? What do you have to say about the 313 million middle class Africans ALL of whom can work in those office buildings and city centres posted? Heck, even the lowest cadre of the populations work there, such as cleaners and drivers, security staff, clerks etc, so in no way are ANY of the places posted 'exclusive' to any 'tiny group' as you claim while drunk on cheap Canadian malt liquor. NOTHING you've typed here can possibly support the biased, one-dimensional, relentlessly negative portrayal of Africa by the western media, and you can kiss their asssss as is your profession from now till kingdom come, but WE will keep posting the OTHER SIDE of the African Story, no matter how much it pains you, Aunt Jemima.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by tpia5: 4:45am On Jul 24, 2012
i saw a story about cross river elephants somewhere today.

i wasnt able to click on the link and now i cant locate it.

does anyone have pictures and info on these cross river elephants because to the best of my knowledge, there are no elephants in nigeria outside of yankari game reserve and maybe a couple of zoos [if any].

correct me if i'm wrong?
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by tpia5: 4:49am On Jul 24, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by antitpiah: 4:50am On Jul 24, 2012
tpia@:
i saw a story about cross river elephants somewhere today.

i wasnt able to click on the link and now i cant locate it.

does anyone have pictures and info on these cross river elephants because to the best of my knowledge, there are no elephants in nigeria outside of yankari game reserve and maybe a couple of zoos [if any].

correct me if i'm wrong?

No we dont. Use Google and GET A LIFE

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Afam4eva(m): 4:53am On Jul 24, 2012
Lagos is the least appealing of those cities.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by tpia5: 4:58am On Jul 24, 2012
they all look the same, with the exception of lagos.

that's why i posted pictures of nature.
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by tpia5: 5:02am On Jul 24, 2012
river niger

Re: Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 24, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / "I Feel So Lonely & Sad" Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Weeps (pic/video) / Tanker Explosion In Odukpani, Cross River Kills Many, Injures Others (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.