Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device (16813 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Built Ied-detonating Robot To Combat Boko Haram Insurgency / Nigerian Air Force Gulma Tactical Small UAS (SUAS) / Amazing Facts About The Air Force One (official ‘plane’ Of The US President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by plazmakite(m): 9:29am On Jul 24, 2012
when children are building the next generation of unmanned weapons platforms in places like US, S.Korea, Japan why is it so hard to believe that our airforce can match their competency!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by 190theclown: 9:29am On Jul 24, 2012
Can amebo manufacture vanilla ice cream too
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by brownlord: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2012
Tadup: i believe assembled in Nigeria

Gbam, assembled in Nigeria even under the supervision of a chineese or america, what can a Nigeria manufactur in the first place
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jspac(m): 9:31am On Jul 24, 2012
omoredia:

One word three letters FOOL!
Actually it's 4 letters undecided
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by CarlosVent(m): 9:35am On Jul 24, 2012
GEJ is absolutely working.
Let's gv him some kudos.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by brownlord: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2012
Slizbeat:

what type did u take?? Heineken or gulder??#smh#
Some pple just can be appreciative 4 once, always condemn as if na ur brain faraday take do bulb, nonsense.

Bros not be my fault but am still trying to figure out what hv been done that I need to appreciate may be is because of my passed experiece, I remember whn I was still in secondary school, my uncle oversea whenever he calls he use to promise to read hard that when I get admission into the uni. He will start sending me money plus pay my fees, happy I was then cos begin to imagine the extra money I will get outside what my parents will give, 2 yrs later I gained admission, I called bro, told me he will get back, called again, he said I should, now I graduated am still waaiting...final conclusion NAF I knw cannot make a rubber spoon let alone robot, I asked a questn, pls I want clearification, the robot dey stop gun shut ni? Cos I knw the bh no only dey use bomb, them for make bomb prov join na, rubbish, Nigeria remain the world leading innovators, only on press, the finished product never comes....abeg I won go shit jor...robot
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jspac(m): 9:42am On Jul 24, 2012
Opoki: But i've never seen no unmanned robot of such!
Its only a bomb detector robot.
Hello! Welcome to the 21st century
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by plazmakite(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2012
building the drone is a good step for our airforce but it is not the solution to the bokoharam insurgency. Plazmakite
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by africaeagle(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2012
One problem we still have in this country is that, we never hope for anything good to start from nigeria cos the tin we see have blindfolded us to the extend of takinh nigeria to be the lest of all the countrys. If it should be the u.s army was report of this even rat in the bush will believe, even if it's lie. Nigeria is a great country but the question is. Who will bring out the best of nigeria. God help us for naija oh.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by naptu2: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2012
shaneroberts26: Advice from Mr Shane Mukina.Wen copyin and pastin,olwez edit b4 postin.Pls,dia is olrd much confusion in Nigeria so do not compound it 4 us abeg.If it is a bomb detonatin Robot,na im b say we don finish b dat.Mayb 2 detonate is=defuse and 2 defuse is =detonate in Nigerian english.Yesterday we heard dat Hope Uzodimma forged his certificate.Ho knos how many Officers in d Nigerian Force forged dias cos its gettin sickening. Owk,its ol clear now.Yeye.

[size=14pt]Police Robot Tasks[/size]

Because the majority of police robots are highly mobile and have sophisticated audio and visual systems, police have the option to use them in several situations. The most common use for a police robot is in bomb removal and disposal. While robots are expensive, the cost is small compared to that of human life. Some robots are so tough that they can survive multiple blasts. Still, most of the time the goal is to avoid any sort of explosion at all.

When investigating a potential bomb, police officers use the cameras on the robot to assess the situation. If the robot is able to reach the suspicious device, the operator can use the claw to grip the device, lift it and move it to a cleared location for detonation. In cases where the device isn't easily accessible or appears to have a triggering mechanism that will activate if the device moves, police may have to detonate the device on-site.

Robots can also be used as a surveillance device. A robot with microphones and night vision can approach a potentially unsafe area while broadcasting information back to the operator. Using a robot can help reduce the time it takes for police to assess a situation, without placing an officer at risk.

By using the two-way audio system, police can communicate with anyone from suspects to hostages. Robots are useful in negotiation situations because unless they're visibly armed, they're relatively nonthreatening. Another benefit is that the robot's cameras can continue gathering information while police use the audio system to communicate with people in dangerous situations. The police can also use robots to deliver items like food to victims and suspects in hostage situations without risking an officer's life.

Some robots have sensors that can detect anything from narcotics to biological, radioactive or chemical weapons. Robots help first responders determine how dangerous an area is quickly and safely. Operators can maneuver robots through hazardous environments to find survivors. Some robots are strong enough to drag victims out of lethal situations.

Companies like Remotec and RoboticFX are constantly working to develop new robots for police forces, the military and other organizations that deal with hazardous situations. Newer models have better maneuverability, longer-lasting batteries, arms with more points of articulation and new accessories designed to help officers perform dangerous tasks.

In the future, robots might be more autonomous, eliminating the need for a human operator calling the shots from a command console. As robots become more agile, we may see an increase of an armed robotic police presence.

But even when companies can meet all the technological demands of an autonomous, armed police force, there'll still be social and political hurdles. What happens if a police robot malfunctions and harms someone, for example? Also, robots are expensive to purchase and maintain and require an officer's input to function.

But their drawbacks are minor when you consider that robots help keep law enforcement officials safe. For now, police robots are pretty rare -- there's little chance you'll bump into one the next time you're at Krispy Kreme -- but in a few decades, we might just see a rocket-shaped robot officer on wheels instructing us when to cross the street at the crosswalk.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/police-robot3.htm

Picture below: A robot places a small explosive device to destroy a larger car bomb. After the explosion, the robot returns to the vehicle to check for any unexploded devices.

Cris Bouroncle/ AFP/ Getty Images

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by drzed: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2012
An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) named Amebo. I like that.
How about naming the bomb-detecting robot 'Yanga'? As per trouble (i.e. bomb) dey sleep jeje and na Yanga get liver to wake am up!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jmaine: 9:59am On Jul 24, 2012
Am aware of a YOUWIN winner, whose business plan includes the manufacture of unmanned aerial vehicles and robotic bomb defusers . . . .The Military hierachy and defence ministry were interested in his expertise and they held series of meetings with him.

He recently anchored an exhibition in Ife a few weeks back, showcasing the potency and wizardry of his skillz to the Air force community and Military Chieftains . . . .

I won't be surprised if this new development has the foot prints of that young promising Nigerian . . .
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by naptu2: 9:59am On Jul 24, 2012
shaneroberts26: Advice from Mr Shane Mukina.Wen copyin and pastin,olwez edit b4 postin.Pls,dia is olrd much confusion in Nigeria so do not compound it 4 us abeg.If it is a bomb detonatin Robot,na im b say we don finish b dat.Mayb 2 detonate is=defuse and 2 defuse is =detonate in Nigerian english.Yesterday we heard dat Hope Uzodimma forged his certificate.Ho knos how many Officers in d Nigerian Force forged dias cos its gettin sickening. Owk,its ol clear now.Yeye.

[size=14pt]Controlled Explosion/Detonation[/size]

A controlled explosion is a method for detonating or disabling a suspected explosive device.

Methods which are used to set off a controlled explosion include emptying out the area and moving the package (with the aid of robots) into a confined space such as a telephone booth.

Another classic method of controlled explosion is to place the bomb in a skip and fill it with sand before detonating it with a self-incendiary device or a fuse.

Controlled explosions are becoming quite common in the UK, especially in the South East where, because there is a lot of development, unexploded World War II bombs are often found by construction diggers.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_explosion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by deltaforce7(m): 10:12am On Jul 24, 2012
I don'T know why some people think that something good can't come out of our country.
Our negative dispositions have put us where we are today for " ...as a man thinketh so
HE is". For me, I know that Nigeria ,my beloved country, wi11 come out of the problems
and challenges currently against it.Kudos to NAF!
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by adultebony(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2012
For ALL you unpatriotic haters our there. Here is the photo of a "Made in Naija Drone" o... tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Beaf1: 10:26am On Jul 24, 2012
norens: DETONATE ke! wuldn't d 'UAV' get destroyed in the explosion?
^
Exactly what came to my mind after reading this.
Bombs can explode when trying to defuse them at times. I hope the robot will still be available for use after such incidence?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Beaf1: 10:29am On Jul 24, 2012
adultebony: For ALL you unpatriotic haters our there. Here is the photo of a "Made in Naija Drone" o... tongue

^
Aerial view surveilance object is different from a Drone you know. Where will they attach the bombs on that very small thing?
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by lacasa: 10:29am On Jul 24, 2012
Nwoka: I hope our dear rich hausa politicians don't kill this mission!!!

Ɣ dnt u do Us a favour n just shut the 4k up!

..Bigot
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Olanlere11: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2012
This one is proudly Naija. I think these guys deserve commendation and support from citizens and the Govt. Welldone NAF.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by U09ce: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2012
I doubt this claim o.If a robot can detonate a bomb witout itself being destroyed,America could since have stopped suicide bombings in Iraq nd Afghanistan
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by Les: 10:55am On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're a worthless, dumb iddiot. Negative-minded failure.
DAMN!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by dont8(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2012
If you're a person, You're on your own man!
antitpiah:

May I add: Even before they know what they are importing.

Black man and yanga . . . fucktards! We are all fucktards!!!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by adultebony(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2012
Beaf!:

^
Aerial view surveillance object is different from a Drone you know. Where will they attach the bombs on that very small thing?

Thanks for the enlightenment bro. But I believe this is an initiative that we should be proud of, for once we are doing progressive thing. No embezzlement, impeachment and all that rubbish...
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by israelbenzion: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Shut up there yaself. Which kain production? Since wen? With which know-how? Let them produce common tv antennae or energy bulb first for us to see n use. UAV my foot. Most likely it wud hv been an outdated inte-drone from d West or China that was bought off the scrap market and they want to use it to shakara us. Liars!
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by filia4real(m): 11:02am On Jul 24, 2012
I hope they'll not produce Amebo that will be snatching ballot boxes.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by bechi2(m): 11:29am On Jul 24, 2012
[quote author=omoredia]

One word three letters FOOL!
U re the fool,is it three letters or four.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 11:51am On Jul 24, 2012
the amebo was designed in conjunction with a nigerian prof based in one UK university.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 11:55am On Jul 24, 2012
dont forget that poor sudan manufactures most of their weapons like armoured cars, tanks, artillery and even helicopters.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2012
egypt started manufacturing locally the most advanced american main battle tank, M1 tanks as from 1992.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
the UAV technology isnt supposed to be beyond our capability to produce or assemble because it has become as common as bullets on the modern battlefield.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by jadakiss213(m): 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

you and the guy dey quaRell b4?? U dey vex ooo
Re: Nigerian Air Force Bomb-Detonating Robot, Tracking Device by OLASODE2K: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
remember, rebel forces like Hizballah has been fabricating their own missiles to attack isreal and intelligence gathering tools which are busting american CIA prowess in lebanon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Internet-enabled Pillow Connects Long-Distance Lovers / Nigeria Will Experience A Lunar Eclipse On Monday, January 21, 2019 - NASRDA / World’s Ugliest Dog Wins $1000 And A Year’s Supply Of Dog Biscuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.