Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers (3151 Views)

Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers / Opportunity In Film & TV / Ama .K. Abebrese Clinches Award At Screen Nation Film & TV Awards 2013! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers by gooddeeds(m): 1:42am On Jan 02, 2013
A lot of education in here. Thanks guys, Ʊ all r wonderful. @lynx200, ur tips r great (just dat I didn't see 'em earlier I've fallen a victim to no. 1 and 2 already) all Τ̲̅ђe same I hope to get my money back.
@Villageboi, dats a nice stuff Ʊ got der. I hope one day we'll come together and make a huge difference in Nollywood.
I'll like τ̅☺ share based on film marketin in nigeria, but sleep won't allow me now. I'll be back wit it 2morow ƒσя sure.
Am a new producer too.BB Pin:22B7C3A6
Re: Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers by lynx200(m): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hi guys I saw this on facebook and thought I should share it with the house.

Blackwood Film Academy requires suitably qualified instructors to teach on a freelance/ Part-time basis in the following subject areas:
* Acting
* Cinematography
* Editing/ Post Production (knowledge and experience in colour Grading essential)
Applicants must have a degree with good grades in the area applied for, OR
Previous teaching experience in the area applied for.
Interested applicants should forward a CV and Job application to:
blackwoodacademy@yahoo.com
Thanks.
George Kelly Toghanro (LLb. Law, Msc. Filmmaking & Cinematography)
Director of Studies
BLACKWOOD FILM ACADEMY
Re: Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers by lynx200(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
It seems this is the season of the short film competitions. Just got this on facebook. Check out this short film competition where you have to make a 3-6 minute short film about an individual in Nigeria making things by hand. http://makerfaireafrica.com/made-in-nigeria-the-film-project/ Be quick about it as it ends by January 31st.
Re: Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers by lynx200(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2013
ALL FILM MAKERS SHOULD READ THIS!!!

It is quite long, but will profit you a great deal.

Have you ever been frustrated try to get the contact of a certain actor, producer, director, etc? Do you want people to easily find you for jobs? Are you looking for a platform to promote yourself and your work? Then the newly launched NOLLY website is here for you.

NOLLY has loads of cool and exciting feature for film makers that include:

NOLLYPAGE - this is your online resume as a film maker, It allows you to list you previous jobs in the 'Portfolio' tab (if you haven't done any job, don't worry, wait till you read about NOLLYAUDITION), post your personal details in the 'Personal Details' tab, display your head-shots/mug-shots, behind the scene photos,etc in the 'Gallery' tab, and most importantly, make your contact details available to privileged users in the 'Contact' tab.

NOLLYAUDITION - How would u like to be getting movie roles without going to auditions? This is an important part of your NOLLYPAGE; simply upload a short video of yourself acting. This would reduce the stress of physically being present and spending all day at auditions as producers would be able to see what you can do and contact you. For producers, the videos will help you cut to the chase and get the artiste you want at your leisure. More Hollywood people are turning their attention to the Nigeria movie industry, allow them see what you can do.

NOLLYARTICLE - a lot of negative things have been said about the Nigerian movie industry. This will focus on the positive side of our industry.

Other secions include NOLLYSHORY, NOLLYPAGE, NOLLYSHOW, NOLLYJOB, etc.

Visit http://www.nolly.com.ng and create an account now.

AFTER REGISTRATION, CLICK THE 'UPGRADE' LINK TO ENJOY ALL THE 'FILM MAKER' FEATURES ON THE SITE.

Let's be our brothers' keeper, spread this message to every film maker you know.

Thank you.
Re: Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers by lynx200(m): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2014
Hi people I thought I should let people know what's being going on concerning an article I wrote on my blog (www.jovibabs.com) on hollywood screenwriting scams I wrote some time ago.
Here is the first one where I republished a warning from Geno Scala http://www.jovibabs.com/screenwriting-jobs-membership-sites-a-warning/ Here is the rejoinder where one of the accused parties reached out personally to me http://www.jovibabs.com/re-rejoinder-on-the-geno-scala-articles/
Here is another article talking about yet another scriptwriting scam http://www.jovibabs.com/scam-alert-for-writers/
This will be very useful for scriptwriters who want to pursue the Hollywood dream. One has to be very careful as its not only Nigeria that are good in scams.
Re: Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers by lynx200(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2014
Here is another article on the prospects of real estate geared towards the film industry. Locations are a big problem in Nollywood. Read this article to see how you can become a solution and hit it big http://www.jovibabs.com/money-gushing-film-locations/.

By the way I just got info that there is a scarcity of location scouts in the Nigerian film industry so if you are interested you can start by doing this. I will write an article on this soon.
Re: Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers by lynx200(m): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2014
I was at a film makers conference in Awka, Anambra state on Saturday and what I heard there about film making shocked me. For starters the various guilds of film practitioners in Eastern Nigeria usually disrupt film shoots if they find out that any of the artistes, directors, producers or crew men are not members of their local chapter of the guilds. They go to the extent of being violent and involving the police. At times the guild top men dictate what artistes should be on a directors set. Nothing of such happens in the other parts of the country and the funny thing is that the guilds are not legally sanctioned to do this so it can be legally termed harassment. Read the full article here http://www.jovibabs.com/the-wild-wild-east/

Please note that this is an opportunity for frank discussion and not tribal bashing so I will not tolerate any ethnic jingoism here.
Re: Word Of Advice To Newbie Film/tv Producers by lynx200(m): 11:12am On Sep 06, 2014
A British based VOD company short film aggregator service Mishorts needs short films for their service and are willing to pay. They have a library of 1400 short film titles and have signed content agreements with a lot of telco's, IPTVs and web based video distributors worldwide. You can submit your films directly on the website www.mishorts.com via the "submit film" option or to videoadmin@mishorts.com. They have a channel on dailymotion which averages 170000 viewers monthly and pay a 70% commission on each film revenue to the producer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys! There's A New TV Series In Town: Sleepy Hollow... / Learn How To Clear The E-017 Error And Then Restore Programs On Go Tv / Dubaku Is A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.