Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Your Make Up Can Last All Day By Following These Few Simple Tips - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Your Make Up Can Last All Day By Following These Few Simple Tips (2227 Views)

Makeup Tutorials....step Up Your Make Up / When Your Make Up Artist Has A Phd In Make Up Artistry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / How To Do Your Make Up FLAWLESSLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Make Up Can Last All Day By Following These Few Simple Tips by HseOfGlamour(f): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2012
I know most of us would be excited to know that their are tips to ensure that your make up lasts for the better part of the day.

Following the tips listed below would go a long way in keeping your make up all day.

Start with a perfectly clean face.  Please do not apply fresh makeup over yesterday’s leftovers. Ensure your face is washed the night before, so all you have to do is use a toner to remove any oils that may have been created overnight.

Use the right moisturizer.  Choose a moisturizer that is right for your skin type (e.g., normal, oily, combination).  Don’t forget to always use a moisturizer with  SPF15 or greater—protecting your face from sun exposure is super important for maintaining your beauty and reducing the aging and damaging effects of sun exposure.

Use makeup primers to help smooth skin.  Primers help to fill in small lines and wrinkles and make the skin ready to have makeup applied.  Primers can help to even out skin tone, minimize redness and help to conceal under eye bags and puffiness.

Apply foundation evenly.  Choose a good foundation product, one that is appropriate for your skin type.  Apply evenly, using a sponge rather than your fingers. Mineral based products usually give the best results.

Use powder.  After applying foundation, use a Loose powder to "set” the foundation and help prevent it from breaking down due to skin oils.  Apply the powder to your eyelids as well, to control the oils that will be created in the eyelid area which will prevent creasing of the eye makeup as the day wears on.

Avoid touching your face.  I know this is very hard cos i find it hard as well but please resist the urge to rub your eyes or touch your face during the day.  This is because not only are you likely to smear or smudge your makeup, the oils and dirt from your hands will cause the makeup not to last long.

Touch up as needed.  A quick snacktime touch up with disposable blotting papers can help to absorb the oils that your skin has created in the T-Zone (forehead, nose and chin), and give you a fresh clean look that will last for the rest of the day.  Lightly apply another layer of translucent powder by dabbing, not rubbing. Trust me, you won't be having that drag look at the end of the day if you take your time to follow through all the tips listed above.Enjoy.......

Visit www.houseofglamor.net for more beautytips.
Re: Your Make Up Can Last All Day By Following These Few Simple Tips by bammytal: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
I need a step to step way of applying my daily make ups on my face?
Re: Your Make Up Can Last All Day By Following These Few Simple Tips by princysharma90(f): 7:23am On Jul 27, 2012
Hse Of Glamour: I know most of us would be excited to know that their are tips to ensure that your make up lasts for the better part of the day.

Following the tips listed below would go a long way in keeping your make up all day.

Start with a perfectly clean face.  Please do not apply fresh makeup over yesterday’s leftovers. Ensure your face is washed the night before, so all you have to do is use a toner to remove any oils that may have been created overnight.

Use the right moisturizer.  Choose a moisturizer that is right for your skin type (e.g., normal, oily, combination).  Don’t forget to always use a moisturizer with  SPF15 or greater—protecting your face from sun exposure is super important for maintaining your beauty and reducing the aging and damaging effects of sun exposure.

Use makeup primers to help smooth skin.  Primers help to fill in small lines and wrinkles and make the skin ready to have makeup applied.  Primers can help to even out skin tone, minimize redness and help to conceal under eye bags and puffiness.

Apply foundation evenly.  Choose a good foundation product, one that is appropriate for your skin type.  Apply evenly, using a sponge rather than your fingers. Mineral based products usually give the best results.

Use powder.  After applying foundation, use a Loose powder to "set” the foundation and help prevent it from breaking down due to skin oils.  Apply the powder to your eyelids as well, to control the oils that will be created in the eyelid area which will prevent creasing of the eye makeup as the day wears on.

Avoid touching your face.  I know this is very hard cos i find it hard as well but please resist the urge to rub your eyes or touch your face during the day.  This is because not only are you likely to smear or smudge your makeup, the oils and dirt from your hands will cause the makeup not to last long.

Touch up as needed.  A quick snacktime touch up with disposable blotting papers can help to absorb the oils that your skin has created in the T-Zone (forehead, nose and chin), and give you a fresh clean look that will last for the rest of the day.  Lightly apply another layer of translucent powder by dabbing, not rubbing. Trust me, you won't be having that drag look at the end of the day if you take your time to follow through all the tips listed above.Enjoy.......

Visit www.houseofglamor.net for more beautytips.

Yes very well said..
I also used to follow these steps and the results are just too good..
Thanks for sharing and letting me know that I was going right.

1 Like

Re: Your Make Up Can Last All Day By Following These Few Simple Tips by gynny(f): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
Under eye bags are mild swellings or puffiness found under the eyes. There become common as you age, lack of sleep and other factors. Click on the link below to read more about under eye bags and how to get rid of them.
http://www.gigihealth.com/under-eye-bags-how-to-get-rid-of-bags-under-your-eyes/

(1) (Reply)

Revlon Colorstay Foundation / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / 8 Weeks Intensive Shoe And Bag Making Class Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.