Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria (60068 Views)

New Pay TV, African Cable Television Launches In Nigeria / Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels / How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by Benn(m): 11:28am On Dec 11, 2007
There is a new digital cable service provider in Port Harcourt and many other parts of Nigeria presently. They show most the channels that make DSTV outstanding: discovery, nat geo, reality, cnn, bbc, fox news, ait, a lot of movie channels, sports channels showing live PREMIERSHIP & CHAMPIONS LEAGUE matches and a lot of many other interesting channels (about 47 channels in all).

The advertised equipment cost is N20,000 and the monthly subscription is N2,900. Dual view decoder is also available.

My questions are

1. How come this relatively new company is able to bring all these juicy channels from the very beginning when some of the bigger players in the market still struggle to show even one of these channels at any given time.

2. How come this company shows all English Premiership matches live when the likes of HITV, DSTV, CTL and others are still battling over rights issue? I understand HITV owns the exclusive right show most of the live premiership matches in Nigeria.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by semidaraeb(m): 9:55am On Dec 12, 2007
pls tell us more it sounds intresting, if it can best the dstvs and hitvs of this world and its as cheap as u say then its cool, more info pls
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2007
Would it last?, they come and go in a flash!
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by Purist(m): 11:17am On Dec 13, 2007
Interesting. . . what's their office address or website?
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by niyyie(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2007
Sounds too good to be true.
Are you sure about the name chief? I cant seem to find any info about it.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by darznets(m): 12:04pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Benn
It sounds good, let have their contact details and also the extent of their coverage.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by emmydee(m): 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2007
wow, our problems are beginning to get solutions. questions are beginning to have answers. some day, just some day, Satellite TV subscriptions shall crash like hell. Good news from Benn. Hope they imbibe quality into their quantity, unlike our HiTv.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by koseepaaro(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2007
Good news! Do they have website so that we can visit it for more info on this?
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by Scopium: 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2007
[size=13pt]That's kool but how credible are they?[/size]
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by pnkydbrain(m): 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2007
Guys,
Don't be too excited. I live in Asaba, and I had heard a lot about Metrodigital. Guess what? My friend and colleague bought it about 2 weeks ago, he's regretting. I heard that MetroDigital has a "restricted Licence" in Nigeria, they are actually receiving Digital Satelite TV signals footprints,althiough they really do not have a licence to operate in major cities in Nigeria. I think if they go low and don't give DSTV and HITV a run for their money, no one would complain. They also have a website. You can't use the decoder outside of your city of purchase.
Most Pay per view Premier League Operators still use HITV
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by earthrealm(m): 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2007
guys, am using metrodigital, [in ph], its quite good, though i still prefer dstv to.
but based on their rates n channels, i rate them very high, they are the best compared to cmtv/hitv/ctl, etc,
if u are in ph, their office in near artillery jxn,

but dstv is doing a bonanza now,
45k plus 6mnths subscription, 4 dstv family,
hurry now while the offer lasts
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by amigoes(m): 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2007
There is a new digital cable service provider in Port Harcourt and many other parts of Nigeria presently.

koooooooool, more info. on cities covered pls, nd those behind the outfit, hoping and praying (it)they will last.
the more the merrier at least from the consumers angle.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by topkin(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2007
I live in Asaba too and was almost signing uo for the Metrodigital last week. was at their office, opposite Ogbeogonogo Mkt. Its true they show LIVE Premiership and Champions League matches and have a host of other interesting channels including Nigerian/Lagos channels. The monthly subscribtion is N3,000 (formely N2,500 bt b/c they started paying to HiTV for premiership games, it was jacked up). The channels here are about 35 and most of them are always available. They also have dual view. Acquisition is about N25,000 in all + one month subscribtion.

I think its really cool for the fact that they also show the Champions League and have some channels not found on HiTV and DSTV. But the limitations are that u cannot use it outside the immediate city and sometimes (like HiTV) the channels are not available - but that is mostly the unimportant ones. Generally, it's ok.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by mufikings(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2007
Good day All !!!!

I like all that I have heared,but please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, can some one just give me a precise breakdown of all the channels they have and also their contact address and Phone numbers in PH & Lagos,inclusive of their website.

Are they in Lagos?if yes,How can I locate them,@ what address and what phone number?.

Am seriously interested in geting this "Metrodigital thing".

Please Oh!!! I need a reply ASAP.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by otokx(m): 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2007
The guys seem like people who will disappear one day so soji.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by darznets(m): 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2007
@top kin
Can u lets us have their contact details plsssssssssssssss!!!!
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by Kajiang02(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2007
how wel do they operate, hope say no b com n go
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by mufikings(m): 3:03pm On Dec 14, 2007
otokx !,

My guy why do u say so?,is there something you know that we don't?

Abeg make u yan us oh!!,but feel it's cool.

Oya yan !!!! undecided
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by smartsoft(m): 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2007
I Like nigeria for one thing, they like to shine eyes before the loose their hard earn money ! lol
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2007
smartsoft:

I Like nigeria for one thing, they like to shine eyes before the loose their hard earn money ! lol

very true
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by lordimpaq(m): 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2007
guy, we need the website and contact details,

i dont undastand addresses like, behind NEPA junction or beside akara joint,

where is the head office address,
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by vowiski(m): 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2007
just pray it dosent flops like HiTV.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by darznets(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2007
How long will it take Benn to furnish us with details of this "magical" Metrodigital.

Is this an indication of what prospective customers should expect? unreliable!!!
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2007
Our hunger for foreign programmes has made some people so gullible, they will fall for any dupe in the name of "cable service provider". May God help us! cry
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by mecussey(m): 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2007
Please Nairaland dont rush, not all that glows is gold, HI TV are the only company that has right to show all the premier league
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by cuteNhot(f): 5:38pm On Dec 19, 2007
man have 47 channels
and think that it da Bomb!

so what if he had 250 channels?
and paying approx. N1000?
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by BlackMamba(m): 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2007
I didn't know there is cabletv in Naija. Maybe you mean a satellite tv like DSTV.
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by deekseen(m): 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2007
Heard about MetroDigital when i was still in PH. Thought they said they'll be serving just the 'East' and PH.

Well, if they're in Ibadan (my current location), i'd like to know their office address or at least get their phone line.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by bestcomm(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2008
I guess they should come over to lagos so that we can atleast discuss with them one by one.

Would you like to make money online come on in
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by judchuks20(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2009
Thanks for this information, this is the first time i came across the company
Re: Metrodigital, A New Cable Service Provider In Nigeria by chudieg(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2009
Its not party time yet. One,Metrodigital is not a new cable provider. Its been existing in Onitsha,Anambra State for several years now but couldnt break into the market due to challenges with the equipments and signal strength which fluctuates alot.
Secondly,that they are not having any issues with HITV now doesnt mean they wont. They are still small just wait until they get bigger.
That notwithstanding, we can enjoy it while it lasts. Cheers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download All Your Strong Srt 4669x Patch Here / Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? / Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.